Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 am

Post by werewolf555 »

Gonzoooo wrote:
Werewolf wrote:???
This is quite a strange defense. He ate a trunk full of psilocybin???????
This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard, seems like a scum buddy is trying to stick up for another.
If it seems that way, then wouldn't it make sense for you to be trying to lynch the scum buddy first instead of looking for links between players? Do you find me more scummy than consig? What's your opinion of Zhero btw?
Actually, voting on consiligare seemed to be the most economical choice for my vote. People who post no content, as I'm sure D_J will agree with, often get lynched on the first day. While you may consider this "poor playing" your strange standing up for him does indicate a connection between you two.
Zhero seems to need to place some more reasoning on his vote. His last vote was because Powerrox looked the "most interesting." Perhaps he could elaborate here, explain why he looks interesting, because that type of vote is not going to sway anybody to vote with him.

Vote Count

Consigliere (4) - implosion, saporovirus, lewarcher82, werewolf555
mallowgeno (1) - smashbro_of_the_SSS
lewarcher82 (1) - don_johnson
werewolf555 (1) - Gonzoooo
Powerrox93 (1) - Zhero

Not Voting (4) - Consigliere, Xenophon, Powerrox93, mallowgeno

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of November 21st, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 am

Post by don_johnson »

i may move to the gonzo wagon. i am going to reread to see if this is necessary. lew's response has been acceptable. powerox: if you don't understand the words i write then there is nothing i can do about it. i can agree to disagree with you.

unvote
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

lew wrote:1) A BW to L-2 on Day 1 is not poor play. In fact it is a standard procedure to investigate the reactions of the players (not just the voted one).
2) chill the f**k out. I am sick of players who react as if we were about to lynch someone on lylo, which we aren't.
3) That a BW on scum this early would not see this much agreement is false. In fact, it is extremely rare that the first BW of day one ends with an actual lynch.
4) I never used the argument of Consigliere voting a non-existing player to support my vote. If you want to criticise, please read the posts.
5) That this is not your first game is not "relevant", but it does not help because concealing previous games prevents us to know your meta. And since everybody reacts as if we just washed our faces with hot chili pepper sauce, I will already excplicitely state that this is not at all scummy, it just limits my skills at reading you.
1) I agree to a degree. I think you should be trying to form good bandwagons and not terribad ones in hopes of catching the scum at the tail end of it. Conversely, I've been pointing out who I think is scummy on the Consig wagon.
2) Ah no, if I think you're acting scummy, you're getting the full attack. I play to win and every lynch counts.
3)Your'e not making sense. My point is that scum are not going to immediately bus their buddies this early in the game and I appear to be the lone voice of reason in the wilderness of stupidity that is the Consig wagon. This is not town driven. That's what I'm saying.
4)I was not only speaking to you as you're not the only one on the Consig wagon.
5) That's fine. I don't think meta would be relevant anyhow.
Zhero wrote:What's the difference?
You're actually scum.
implosion wrote:The thing that separates Consigliere from other lurkers to me is that he has said a lot - but none of it has actually contained scumhunting or even opinions.
I agree he needs to contribute content. My point though is that there are several players around his level of non-contributing or are sheeping others' opinions to appear they are contributing. So what sets Consig apart from these people that makes him scummy and not them. That's all I want to be definitively answered.
implosion wrote:He's also made lengthly comments that are overtly irrelevant - his "sugar hangover" comment, the Hunter S. Thompson comment.
This is hyperbole. "lengthy comments" probably can't be translated into one liners about HST. He is active lurking, but my problem is that people are trying to trump it up cause he's an easy target that probably isn't going to fight back. I don't like defending other players, but in this case you guys are grasping so badly at whatever and Consig is apparently too lazy to point out these issues that I had to intervene.
implosion wrote:Are you saying that you are 100% sure that Consig is town? If so, how? You say it's because nothing separates him from others... well first of all, there are things. And second of all, even if so, so what? How would that make him definite town?
My "bumbling town" read on him, as I would call it, has been explained pretty thoroughly actually. The fact that his wagon exploded so quickly and so early in the game over weak arguments makes it unlikely to be on scum. Am I 100% certain? Of course not. But I am confident enough in that read to try and stop a bad wagon from being followed through. My goal is to lynch scum, not VIs. I'm starting to see that this player list has trouble distinguishing between the two. This is unfortunate because it's going to take you guys days to wake up and lynch a scum if this is the best you can play.
implosion wrote:I don't see how you seem to be 100% sure about everything
I play with confidence. It's much more effective than being feeble of mind and spirit. If your point is that scum play more confidently than town, then we disagree on theoretical level. Scum are much more timid and don't want to stand out. They sheep and chase lynches rather than pushing their ideas forward. (exceptions to every rule, of course, but etc.)
implosion wrote:mallow: I'm surprised he isn't in Gonzoooo's list of people that are comparable to Consig.
oversight on my part. He can definitely go on there as well. It's kind of sad that I have to put most of the player list on there.
implosion wrote:saporo: has also been active in the discussion. Has also done nothing scummy that I see. Also probtown.
I was thinking town too, but now I'm starting to get skeptical. I felt like saporo was more in your face in the RVS stage and I liked that. Now she's being kind of wimpy and not pushing much for lynches. My town read keeps plummeting on her.
werewolf wrote:People who post no content, as I'm sure D_J will agree with
why are you appealing to DJ here?
dj wrote:i may move to the gonzo wagon.
Why so timid? It's not like I'm in any danger of being lynched at this point.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

"timid" is a poor choice for a descriptor. i clearly stated "why" i wasn't voting. wanting to reread a thread so as to offer content with my vote is good form. would you prefer i vote with no explanation as to the nature of my vote?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 am

Post by mallowgeno »

implosion wrote: mallow: I'm surprised he isn't in Gonzoooo's list of people that are comparable to Consig.
Just because I think Consig is town?
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

don_johnson wrote:"timid" is a poor choice for a descriptor. i clearly stated "why" i wasn't voting. wanting to reread a thread so as to offer content with my vote is good form. would you prefer i vote with no explanation as to the nature of my vote?
I would prefer you did something instead of making promises to do something, yes. I don't really care about long and drawn out catching up posts. You obviously saw something that made you think I was scummy, so why not vote and say "I think XXX by Gonzooo is scummy because YYYY". One simple sentence or two is sufficient. voting is the town's weapon, so let's see it in action. Later if you read and change your mind, you can even vote again. I think timid fits just fine.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:59 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Gonzoooo wrote:
lew wrote:1) A BW to L-2 on Day 1 is not poor play. In fact it is a standard procedure to investigate the reactions of the players (not just the voted one).
2) chill the f**k out. I am sick of players who react as if we were about to lynch someone on lylo, which we aren't.
3) That a BW on scum this early would not see this much agreement is false. In fact, it is extremely rare that the first BW of day one ends with an actual lynch.
4) I never used the argument of Consigliere voting a non-existing player to support my vote. If you want to criticise, please read the posts.
5) That this is not your first game is not "relevant", but it does not help because concealing previous games prevents us to know your meta. And since everybody reacts as if we just washed our faces with hot chili pepper sauce, I will already excplicitely state that this is not at all scummy, it just limits my skills at reading you.
1) I agree to a degree. I think you should be trying to form good bandwagons and not terribad ones in hopes of catching the scum at the tail end of it. Conversely, I've been pointing out who I think is scummy on the Consig wagon.
2) Ah no, if I think you're acting scummy, you're getting the full attack. I play to win and every lynch counts.
3)Your'e not making sense. My point is that scum are not going to immediately bus their buddies this early in the game and I appear to be the lone voice of reason in the wilderness of stupidity that is the Consig wagon. This is not town driven. That's what I'm saying.
4)I was not only speaking to you as you're not the only one on the Consig wagon.
5) That's fine. I don't think meta would be relevant anyhow.
1) The answers you gave me are acceptable only in part. I have motivated my vote on Consigliere, which you seem to keep ignoring, It was no strong motivation, but it was the best BW I saw until I read this post.
2) An excess of aggressivity in early game is a relevant element that can even look scummy. No one was lynching Consig, but it looked like you wanted us to unvote really bad. Deal with it.
3) I said my opinion, you said yours. If I were scum, I would join the first BW regardless from the alignment of the voted player, and then I would cautiously get off.
4) Your post 92 was directed to me. Deal with it, again, and do not lie so early in the game. Save it for later.
5) It always is.
Gonzoooo wrote:
Zhero wrote:What's the difference?
You're actually scum.
This is what I call content LoL
Gonzoooo wrote:
implosion wrote:He's also made lengthly comments that are overtly irrelevant - his "sugar hangover" comment, the Hunter S. Thompson comment.
This is hyperbole. "lengthy comments" probably can't be translated into one liners about HST. He is active lurking, but my problem is that people are trying to trump it up cause he's an easy target that probably isn't going to fight back. I don't like defending other players, but in this case you guys are grasping so badly at whatever and Consig is apparently too lazy to point out these issues that I had to intervene.
Long comments with no content qualify as filler. Filler can be scummy, but in some cases is just a naive mistake. Still, I do not like the way you deny the relevance of this point.

Gonzoooo wrote: I don't like defending other players
No, you only like defending Consigliere (kidding, sorry, my bad, could'nt resist)
Gonzoooo wrote:
implosion wrote:Are you saying that you are 100% sure that Consig is town? If so, how? You say it's because nothing separates him from others... well first of all, there are things. And second of all, even if so, so what? How would that make him definite town?
My "bumbling town" read on him, as I would call it, has been explained pretty thoroughly actually. The fact that his wagon exploded so quickly and so early in the game over weak arguments makes it unlikely to be on scum. Am I 100% certain? Of course not. But I am confident enough in that read to try and stop a bad wagon from being followed through. My goal is to lynch scum, not VIs. I'm starting to see that this player list has trouble distinguishing between the two. This is unfortunate because it's going to take you guys days to wake up and lynch a scum if this is the best you can play.
No, your read was not thoroughly explained. You just answered "he is just a confused newby" to all the questions.
Gonzoooo wrote:
implosion wrote:saporo: has also been active in the discussion. Has also done nothing scummy that I see. Also probtown.
I was thinking town too, but now I'm starting to get skeptical. I felt like saporo was more in your face in the RVS stage and I liked that. Now she's being kind of wimpy and not pushing much for lynches. My town read keeps plummeting on her.
saporo is being active; besides, the only players who "pushed for lynches", as you weridly define the voting on day 1, are the ones on a BW that you criticize.
Gonzoooo wrote:
dj wrote:i may move to the gonzo wagon.
Why so timid? It's not like I'm in any danger of being lynched at this point.
don_johnson wrote:"timid" is a poor choice for a descriptor. i clearly stated "why" i wasn't voting. wanting to reread a thread so as to offer content with my vote is good form. would you prefer i vote with no explanation as to the nature of my vote?
this is perfectly reasonable; I have the feeling that gonzoooo is attacking a lot of players at the same time with rather weak arguments.
Unvote; Vote: Gonzoooo

V/LA for 24 hours
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:42 am

Post by werewolf555 »

Gonzoooo wrote:
DJ was in a game where we had a town roleblocker who was such an idiot that he got himself lynched on the first day. This happened because he was an idiot who posted no content.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Zhero »

werewolf555 wrote:Zhero seems to need to place some more reasoning on his vote.
Like I said, 5 posts, no content. At the time we had less from him than we did from Consig in the same number of posts, yet less attention was paid. As Gonzoooo points out, the quicker an early bandwagon forms, the more likely it is to be scum-pushed, so I felt the more ignored
don_johnson wrote:i may move to the gonzo wagon. i am going to reread to see if this is necessary. lew's response has been acceptable. powerox: if you don't understand the words i write then there is nothing i can do about it. i can agree to disagree with you.
It does look like you're testing the waters here, supporting a possible wagon without actually committing to it.
-Zhero
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

werewolf555 wrote:
Gonzoooo wrote:
DJ was in a game where we had a town roleblocker who was such an idiot that he got himself lynched on the first day. This happened because he was an idiot who posted no content.
Wait, in another game you lynched a PRO-TOWN PR who posted no content and somehow that's a good reason to vote based on that exact same logic here? That exact case disproves your argument and reveals your vote to be nothing more than a craven attempt to lynch a weak player: not for alignment, but for convenience.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

smashbro_of_the_SSS and xenophon have been prodded.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:03 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Responding to my prod. Just as an FYI, i tend to not post very often, only posting when I really have something to say. I try to make sure it is every couple of days, but unfortunately sometimes it runs over into a prod.

------------------

So, looking back over, I'm not liking Consigliere much anymore, not that I was particularly fond of him. But so far, he has done no scum hunting, and still technically has a vote on Andrew. Yeah. At first it seemed like he had just made a genuine mistake, but now it seems more like he is scum trying to avoid saying anything helpful to the town / anything that could get let other players get a read on him.
unvote, vote: Consigliere

Although I changed my vote just now, I still think Mallowgeno is probably scum. While it is true that he has given an opinion on Consig ("he is town") there is little more we have to judge Mallow on. He hasn't contributed to scumhunting much at all. He's shown that he sometimes votes people when he feels like, such as voting lewatcher to "humor don", and then unvoting. He seems to be very sheepish in this game, following what other players do and saying something in one post, contradicting it in the next. (he says he agrees with don, then in his next post says that he was just humoring don). Seems like scummy play to me. And while typing this, I almost convinced myself to switch back to mallow, but there is no support of it right now, and Consig also seems scummy. However, if anyone decides to vote for mallow, I'll support you.

-----------------

also, on a side note, if powerrox is going to do that little in the game, he should replace out. I'm not confident enough to call him scum because I can't get much of a read from the few lines he's posted, but if he really wants to play, he should start contributing something, or I'm going to vote for him next. Unless he is town who is genuinely not able to post often at all, or care about the game, I'm thinking him to be scum.

i think that's all I have for now, werewolf and Zhero are also people I plan on watching closely due to their play, but Mallow and Consig are definitely my top two, and i'd vote for either.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

don_johnson wrote:I can agree to disagree with you.
Can you please clarify with what you mean with that?
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 am

Post by implosion »

Consig appears to have disappeared. So sad. If he gets replaced, I'll give his replacement a chance in case Consig is just a VI. I still think he's scum right now, though.

Next on my list of scumminess would be... Powerrox, werewolf, and probably Gonzoooo.

Powerrox is starting to look very similar to Consigliere. He posted an opinion about something, but it was very weakly formulated. And now, he's starting to actively lurk again. Essentially, he's looking like Consig minus the filler comments, which essentially leaves... nothing?

werewolf's votes just look scummy to me. His first vote on Gonzoooo had pretty half-assed reasoning and he then immediately followed Lewarcher's coattails and changed to Consig using Lewarcher's reasoning. And the rest of his play isn't particularly townish either.

As for Gonzoooo, there is Lewarcher's point that he's attacking a lot of people with weak arguments... but I'm also still uneasy about how he seems literally 100% sure about everything he does. Sure, being really ambivalent is very scummy because it probably means the person in question is scum trying to keep their options open. But on the other end of the spectrum, only the scum know for sure who the scum are. I don't know if Gonzoooo's repetitive... assuredness is accidental or if he's scum who knows everything and is trying to look good. On the other hand, he actively contributes, which I can't really say about any of my other fosses.

I'd be willing to support a bandwagon on any of these four. Yes, I know there are only 3 scum, but all four of these people just seem either hellishly scummy, or bordering on it. I think any of the four is likely scum. For now, I'm keeping my vote on Consig, because the other three have at least posted some sort of contribution to the hunt.

Also, I'm readily awaiting xeno's replacement (assuming he doesn't respond to his prod).
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Back. As for Gonzooo contributing, yes, it is true. But scummy is worse than lurker to me.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

Powerrox93 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:I can agree to disagree with you.
Can you please clarify with what you mean with that?
if you don't understand what i meant when i spelled it out as clearly as i could, then we will have to agree to disagree as i don't think i can explain it any better. imo, 40 was as clear and concise an explanation as i can give.

---------------

werewolf: game is ongoing and shouldn't be discussed.

--------------

i don't see scumminess is mallow's vote retraction. if he wants to flesh out his reasoning i am all for it. his vote on lew does not have any indication of "humoring" in it, so i see where the questions arise, but i don't think backtracking off an early vote is necessarily bad.

post 35 is actually quite silly. how does unvoting prevent an "uneccesarily long rvs"? it seems to me that getting out of the rvs is done with serious votes or discussion, not just by dropping ones random vote in favor of... nothing?

gonzo 37 seems to imply that he agrees with dj's early serious vote, but honestly does not contain enough info to be 100% on that.

post 42 implies suspicion of lew.

i think implosion is missing the boat, but his questioning is consistent.

werewolf 46 doesn't make sense to me. not sure what is being implied unless it is a defense of "vote-hopping".

lew 47 is actually pretty bad. there was nothing odd about mallow's vote. did he sheep me? yes, but my point is as solid as it gets on page 2. this vote looks like nothing more than omgus on reread.

zhero 48 is useless.

consig 49 is useless. if you want the mod to do something, bold your request.
lew wrote:naaaa, don't care much about the pressure, the smilies stuff is just a tipical move to end the rvs, which is very much pro-town. I have seen worse than this, in some other games. At a given point you just need to start provoking one player using a "non-random" argument, no matter how silly. Smilies are just this LoL...
but mallowgeno jumped on it, so from my pov it is totally right to keep voting him.
this is a little contradictory. on the one hand, the original vote is a "tipical move to end the rvs, which is very much pro-town." so why is mallow's vote bad if all he is doing is helping to apply pressure on the "pro-town" vote? not sure about this, i guess from lew's pov i can see why he's voting and keeping the vote, but this reaction is less pro-town than i originally thought.

ah. gonzo 52 states just that.

for some reason, sapo answers the question directed at lew.

55 is actually a scummy backtrack. hm. glad i am rereading.

sapo 57 seems to be contradictory in that the vote on gonzo looks like defense of lew, but the latter half of the post is actually a bit condemning of lew. i am not liking the connection between sapo and lew here.

62 seems to alter the reason that lew is voting mallow. first the "sheeping" was scummy, now he's willing to drop the issue in exchange for content. i don't follow.

63 is weird. the explanation though is actually a little more substantial than i initially thought. "i hate the rvs" is actually sensical.

lew 66 makes sense.

i understand implosion vs. consig, but don't think its a big deal. consig should be given more time to provide content. if he is "new" then his actions are not scummy.

sapo 69 is bad. its kind of a prime example of what lew was trying to say about mallow's vote. its an attack on a player who is in a poor position with bad reasoning.

post 72. even worse sheeping. i think mallow's explanation, though thin, was certainly not "scummy". the jump on consig is odd. so zhero agrees that consig is "noob"? he agrees that we should "pressure" him? what good does it do to pressure a noob? only possible thing that comes from that is that the noob weaves his own lynch. do we get a bandwagon to analyze day 2? yes. but wouldn't it be more fruitful to pressure and/or lynch scum? indubitably.

post 74. so funny because is this is just what i was starting to think as i got to the bottom of this page. rereading is key.

zhero's posting is "oppurtunistic", for lack of a better word.

i see the case on consig when implosion lays it out, but i still think pressuring the noob is not going to help this game.

gonzo. i'm actually starting to really like you. :)

ox 89 is bad. plenty of content to analyze if you take the time. please reread and give us some feedback.

werewolf is sheeping. at least lew is asking pertinent questions. some players start an alt and play the noob card. it may be his blatant "buddying", but i'm wiling to give wolf the noob pass today(so far).

92 is well reasoned, but i don't think wolf is the play.

94: zhero jumps off the popular bandwagon(as its losing steam and being called "scummy"), and jumps on... a lurker?

getting caught up now, zhero/ox is odd. ox reacts as if there is no pressure. when your scumbuddy votes you, there is no pressure(unless its a late wagon hop bus).

implosion 99 isn't bad. this game is suddenly tougher to read.

oof. wolf 100 is bad. implying a connection on a player he's been buddying(and in the same post, no doubt) doesn't make sense. it also seems like he should be unvoting, but he lets it ride. of course, it does seem that consig has dissappeared at this point.

zhero 108 is another example of "oppurtunistic" with the implication of suspicion on dj. ox answered your question. yet you don't respond to it or move your vote.

111 is "oppurtunistic" and also includes the "i think x is scum, but let's lynch y" absolution of blame type statement.

caught up.

unvote, vote: zhero

sss, wolf are other choices i would be comfortable with. where is xenophon?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:11 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@DJ: very extensive and exhaustive post. Thank you for that. A question: is my 106 not worth any comments? Since you are suggesting that there were some signs of a connection between sapo and me, then this last post of mine, in which I vote gonzooo, should be interesting to you. And I am curious of knowing your readings.

Now I go to sleep cuz I am in a state of serious sleep-deprivation, but I anticipate that I will discuss several details of DJ 115 tomorrow.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am

Post by don_johnson »

i don't have many comments on your 106. it seems like you and gonzo are disagreeing about things. this:
lew wrote:3) I said my opinion, you said yours. If I were scum, I would join the first BW regardless from the alignment of the voted player, and then I would cautiously get off.
describes zhero's actions imo. you should consider the zhero wagon. i'm not going to overly concern myself with connections on day 1. those are more useful after flips.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Isn't that a lynch on Consig?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

EBWOP: Oh wait lew unvoted I see
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

saporovirus has been prodded.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

@mallow: it is seven to lynch, the closest he got was L-3. It was never even close to a lynch, despite the apparent terror the bw gave to the poor gonzooo.

@dj:
1) about CONSIG: consigliere is not a noob. At the 4th game, you are not a noob. Justifying all you do by saying you are a noob is scummy to me. Not very scummy, not so scummy to justify a lynch, but scummy enough to get my vote before I find something better.
2) about GONZO: I am not adding anything to what I already wrote in 106, and which you find irrelevant. Weird, I accudes gonzooo of some contraddictions and lies there, and u have nothign to say?
3) about ZHERO: yes, zhero is in fact acting in a jumpy and acritical way which is scummy. Also, his contribution to the game is minimal (which is bad), andif he is town he is playing a poor performance. On the other hand, my reading of Gonzo in 106 is more alarming, to me, than zhero's attitude, to the point that I would say that one of them is extremely likely scum. My bet is on Gonzooo.
4) about SMASH: good job. I had almost missed that post. Which is opportunistic and scummy. Since smash jumps on consig, he may very well be a scum partner to either one of Gonzo/Zhero.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Zhero »

don_johnson wrote:post 72. even worse sheeping. i think mallow's explanation, though thin, was certainly not "scummy". the jump on consig is odd. so zhero agrees that consig is "noob"? he agrees that we should "pressure" him? what good does it do to pressure a noob? only possible thing that comes from that is that the noob weaves his own lynch. do we get a bandwagon to analyze day 2? yes. but wouldn't it be more fruitful to pressure and/or lynch scum? indubitably.
How are we so certain that a player is noobish unless we get content worth looking at? I was agreeing with the intent of saporo's post, to attempt to pull content from a lurker.

If I knew who scum were in advance to pressure them, the game would be a bit easier. Why are you so certain that Consig is town? His poor play is not a scumtell, but neither is it a towntell.
zhero 108 is another example of "oppurtunistic" with the implication of suspicion on dj. ox answered your question. yet you don't respond to it or move your vote.
Dissapearing for 4 days and then firing off a couple quick one-liners seemed distant enough from your previous play to be worth mentioning. It's good to see more analysis from you here. I'd honestly forgotten powerrox even responded, there was so little there.

Powerrox, do something. Make a case, place a vote, take a stance, something!
implosion wrote:I don't know if Gonzoooo's repetitive... assuredness is accidental or if he's scum who knows everything and is trying to look good.
Honestly, it reads like a personality tell to me.

mallow, any insights on the game?
lewarcher82 wrote:3) about ZHERO: yes, zhero is in fact acting in a jumpy and acritical way which is scummy. Also, his contribution to the game is minimal (which is bad), andif he is town he is playing a poor performance. On the other hand, my reading of Gonzo in 106 is more alarming, to me, than zhero's attitude, to the point that I would say that one of them is extremely likely scum. My bet is on Gonzooo.
4) about SMASH: good job. I had almost missed that post. Which is opportunistic and scummy. Since smash jumps on consig, he may very well be a scum partner to either one of Gonzo/Zhero.
I'm confused, "either one of Gonzo/Zhero" seems like a weird false dichotomy to me. Why the split?

My contribution is better than some, and I'm honestly not sure what I've done to be considered 'jumpy'. Me being 'extremely likely scum' is coming out of nowhere here, since this is literally the first time you've mentioned me, as opposed to my apparent counterpart Gonzoooo whom you've given many posts worth of analysis.
-Zhero
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:46 am

Post by saporovirus »

ARGH PROD

Not liking Werewolf one bit. He starts out with a vote on Gonzooo for REALLY dumb reasons. I mean, some of my reasons have been kinda dumb, but he literally just picks on Gonzooo's defense of consig as "One scum buddy sticking up for another." Here's why that's dumb:

I am 100% behind giving people the benefit of the doubt if they freak out and post content-less things due to being noobish or just kinda silly. I don't necessarily agree that it should be done in this case, since consig's REALLY not contributing at all. But Gonzooo has a strong feeling that Consig's town, and he is sticking to his guns, and in my opinion that is pro-town behavior.

And his later vote on Consig is just ridiculous. "Let's lynch Consig cuz he has made a few silly posts. I think silly players confuse town." Ok, so Consig has made a few silly posts BUT he is not spamming all over our shit with his silliness and he's not pointing multiple fingers at multiple players, which is how a VI might go about confusing town. I was def. an idiot for joining this wagon.

UNVOTE: Consig

VOTE: werewolf

As for Lew, I was getting a bit of a scumfeeling from him voting Consig then jumping on Gonzoooo, who I feel is town. I also have noticed some flaws in his reasoning where he misquotes or misunderstands other people- but then he did mention that English is not his first language.
don_johnson wrote:sapo 57 seems to be contradictory in that the vote on gonzo looks like defense of lew, but the latter half of the post is actually a bit condemning of lew. i am not liking the connection between sapo and lew here.
I unvoted Gonzoooooooo in that post. Lol @ you trying to establish some connection there.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:21 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@Zhero: Gonzooo's and Zhero's strategies appear to be conflicting to me. Therefore I do not think that both are mafia.

Also, @saporo: I I am not bothered by the fact that you "was getting a bit of scumfeeling from" me. However, I am bothered by the vague and imprecise argumentations you are using in your posts and by the way you are always on the more fashionable bw. You were on Consig. Now you jumped on werewolf.

So the best way I have to irritate you is this: I would like to know the flaws in my logic you are referring to, one by one please, even if you kindly add that they depend on the fact that I am not a native speaker. I do not like generic commentaries, which imo should always be avoided. Better refer to single cases and problems, one at a time, instead of using unprecise plurals.
Also: misquotes: which ones? "Humor"? ok, this can hardly be called even a little scummy. What else?

I need a list to convince me that you have some content, that you are not just sheeping.

Return to “Completed Open Games”