Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 am

Post by saporovirus »

Consigliere wrote:A simple yes or no will do...No need to throw salt on the wound.
Naw.
lewarcher82 wrote:and yes, after what happened it is not random anymore. He jumped on me, and I was voting him before the Simliesgate, so I think he knew I may have switched back and he is trying to prevent me from doing so.
lol @ Smiliesgate. You're still being pretty sarcastic in response to minor pressure though, and you seem to be reading a bit much into mallow's vote for you.

Vote Count

lewarcher82 (3) - Zhero, don_johnson, mallowgeno
don_johnson (2) - Gonzoooo, smashbro_of_the_SSS
Gonzoooo (2) - implosion, saporovirus
implosion (1) - werewolf555
mallowgeno (1) - lewarcher82

Not Voting (3) - Consigliere, Xenophon, Powerrox93

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of November 21st, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:57 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

naaaa, don't care much about the pressure, the smilies stuff is just a tipical move to end the rvs, which is very much pro-town. I have seen worse than this, in some other games. At a given point you just need to start provoking one player using a "non-random" argument, no matter how silly. Smilies are just this LoL...
but mallowgeno jumped on it, so from my pov it is totally right to keep voting him.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Wait, so it's ok for dj to make a non-random vote to get out of the RVS, but mallow should not come and support that vote to further get us out of the RVS? How is that scummy? Seems to me like a wagon with only one person on it isn't much of a wagon. Explain.
Cons wrote:I had to google Hunter S. Thompson...Does this make me a dumbass?
It depends how old you are and how sheltered of a life you lead, but possibly. :D

re:vote counts - it's still early, but we should just leave the vote count making to the mod unless he becomes extremely delinquent in his duties. Nobody is in danger of getting lynched at the moment, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:01 am

Post by saporovirus »

Gonzoooo wrote:Wait, so it's ok for dj to make a non-random vote to get out of the RVS, but mallow should not come and support that vote to further get us out of the RVS? How is that scummy? Seems to me like a wagon with only one person on it isn't much of a wagon. Explain.
I mean, dj made the non-random vote for a reason, but mallow just quoted, said "I agree with dj," and voted lew. His vote could be interpreted as ungenuine.

I like that lew acknowledges dj's vote for him as a pro-town tactic, even if it's not a very substantial reason to vote someone.
but I love you still

Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

So what if he just said "I agree with dj"? I don't expect a dissertation on the excessive use of smilies in RVS. Seems like a perfectly fine vote to me for what it was. Do you have a problem with mallow's vote?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:14 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

what kind of randomness was I supposed to underline in my vote on consigliere? I even mocked his post quoting it word for word...

@sapo: you are correct, dj's vote is not right. It is too silly. I was over-generous in my previous post. But I like keeping my vote on mallow better. DJ just gives me the "I'm so smart I see scumtells that other don't heh heh heh" vibe.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:15 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

ebwop:@gonzoooo
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 am

Post by saporovirus »

Gonzoooo wrote:So what if he just said "I agree with dj"? I don't expect a dissertation on the excessive use of smilies in RVS. Seems like a perfectly fine vote to me for what it was. Do you have a problem with mallow's vote?
Well, DJ did later offer us a (tiny) dissertation on the excessive use of smilies. He had a reason, albeit a flimsy one, for his vote, and he told us he was serious when he made it, because he wanted to end RVS. Mallow coulda still been in RVS, hopping onto a randwagon in hopes of putting some pressure on lew, but then wouldn't he just say so?

UNVOTE: Gonzoooo
lewarcher82 wrote:what kind of randomness was I supposed to underline in my vote on consigliere? I even mocked his post quoting it word for word...

@sapo: you are correct, dj's vote is not right. It is too silly. I was over-generous in my previous post. But I like keeping my vote on mallow better. DJ just gives me the "I'm so smart I see scumtells that other don't heh heh heh" vibe.
I can't find what you are replying to in this post at all. I don't think anyone asked you to explain random-voting consigliere, and I don't think anyone has really criticized DJ's reasoning for his vote as "silly," except you, just now.
but I love you still

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 am

Post by implosion »

Unvote, Vote: Consigliere.
So far, he's been talking, but in more of a distractive way than a contributive way. The most relevant thing he's said so far is a request for a vote count. Plus, he felt the need to react to an RVS vote on him.

As of now I don't see anything particularly off about lewarcher. don's point is valid from one perspective, but it isn't nearly as important as he seems to be making it out to be. Sure, it may be an attempt to blend in, but it could just be... a bunch of smilies. Consigliere on the other hand is (in what he's said so far) not helping, and if anything just distracting the town and/or trying to blend in.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by saporovirus »

@ implosion: on the other hand, consigliere's not lurking...

vote: Xenophon
but I love you still

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by implosion »

saporovirus wrote:@ implosion: on the other hand, consigliere's not lurking...
In terms of scumtells, active lurk > normal lurk. Normal lurks can be indicative of real-life distractions. Active lurks are generally indicative that someone is trying actively to fit in with the town by posting, but is unable to (or doesn't want to) contribute anything that will help in the hunt.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

I don't get the whole "Smilegate"-thing. Is there a problem with usage of smilies in the RVS? *Confused*
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

implosion wrote:
saporovirus wrote:@ implosion: on the other hand, consigliere's not lurking...
In terms of scumtells, active lurk > normal lurk. Normal lurks can be indicative of real-life distractions. Active lurks are generally indicative that someone is trying actively to fit in with the town by posting, but is unable to (or doesn't want to) contribute anything that will help in the hunt.
QFT... total lurkers are not scummy to me (unless other circumstances concur), but active lurkers are.
Powerrox93 wrote:I don't get the whole "Smilegate"-thing. Is there a problem with usage of smilies in the RVS? *Confused*
I used 4 in a row. namely, I have written " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ".
It may be argued that smilies are noise, a filler in which real information drowns... on the other hand, I wonder: what is noisier: 4 smilies in a row in a single post, or a 2 day long discussion based on nothing?

speaking of lurkers, I am not moving my vote until mallow posts some content.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

The only reason I voted lewarcher was to humor Don.

unvote

I hate the rvs.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

mallowgeno wrote:The only reason I voted lewarcher was to humor Don.

unvote

I hate the rvs.
huh, I honestly didn't see that coming...
Consigliere
Consigliere
Goon
Consigliere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Consigliere »

implosion wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Consigliere.
So far, he's been talking, but in more of a distractive way than a contributive way. The most relevant thing he's said so far is a request for a vote count. Plus, he felt the need to react to an RVS vote on him.

As of now I don't see anything particularly off about lewarcher. don's point is valid from one perspective, but it isn't nearly as important as he seems to be making it out to be. Sure, it may be an attempt to blend in, but it could just be... a bunch of smilies. Consigliere on the other hand is (in what he's said so far) not helping, and if anything just distracting the town and/or trying to blend in.
Shows how much you are paying attention.

My vote thus far was hardly random....I just didn't explain it that fully as I was more aiming it at him. Andrew has made false claims as VT in tthe past 2 games I've been a part of....Just giving him a feeler to see if there's any more chicanery out there...Trust you me I'm on the lookout for scum.

I was also serious about asking for a vote tally...I'd be more than happy to do one myself, as I do on another forum I play mafia on (players keep unofficial tallies a lot to help a mod out low on time etc)....That's why I asked so as not to break protocol (This is my 4th game on the site...only 2 completed thus far.)

I would ask you this question in response to your accusation:

I understand the "distracting the town" deal about where yer coming from....but what role wouldn't want to "blend in" on either side? Can you explain to me a situation where any role available wouldn't want to "blend in" on day 1 right off the bat?

Always lookin' for tips...since you seem soooo....shall we say...."adept" at the mafia trade.

Others can chime in as well...And yes, this question is not just for my future understanding benefit, but to find out where the heck you are coming from with that statement.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:46 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@Consigliere: you just write "unofficial vote count" and no one should have any problems with that.

what I do not like about your post:
1) I don't like players who say "I am new". It sounds scummy to me;
2) I don't like the speculations about blending in. For a starter, I am bothered by your speculation on what "any role" would do. This is not the good time to discuss roles. So please don't.

@mallowgeno: I did not see that coming, because, even though I am aware that there was no real big case built on the smilies-stuff, I did not read any evidence of humor in your vote. Nor did the others, as far as I see. I would have preferred a post with you insisting on my alleged attempt at overstressing randomness. The fact that you retract this way definitely bothers me.

so my vote stays where it is, for now.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am

Post by implosion »

Consigliere wrote: Shows how much you are paying attention.
Why thank you.
My vote thus far was hardly random....I just didn't explain it that fully as I was more aiming it at him. Andrew has made false claims as VT in tthe past 2 games I've been a part of....Just giving him a feeler to see if there's any more chicanery out there...Trust you me I'm on the lookout for scum.
*Checks player list after seeing he made no posts* Andrew isn't in this game :roll:.
I was also serious about asking for a vote tally...I'd be more than happy to do one myself, as I do on another forum I play mafia on (players keep unofficial tallies a lot to help a mod out low on time etc)....That's why I asked so as not to break protocol (This is my 4th game on the site...only 2 completed thus far.)
Whether that was "serious" or not, it still isn't helping anyone find scum.
I would ask you this question in response to your accusation:

I understand the "distracting the town" deal about where yer coming from....but what role wouldn't want to "blend in" on either side? Can you explain to me a situation where any role available wouldn't want to "blend in" on day 1 right off the bat?
Blending in is important in a way to everyone, but the way you've been doing it (or trying to) seems unnatural and scummy. For example, post 49 where you mention having had to google Hunter S. Thompson just seems like an artificial attempt to join into an existing conversation (and it's also irrelevant). What Lewarcher said about this is also true, so we should probably curtail this conversation.
Always lookin' for tips...since you seem soooo....shall we say...."adept" at the mafia trade.

Others can chime in as well...And yes, this question is not just for my future understanding benefit, but to find out where the heck you are coming from with that statement.
Where the heck I'm coming from is that the mafia has a specific incentive to look like something that they are 100% not. If posts contain specific attempts at blending in that do not contain useful information, it's scummy.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 am

Post by mallowgeno »

lewarcher82 wrote:@Consigliere: you just write "unofficial vote count" and no one should have any problems with that.

what I do not like about your post:
1) I don't like players who say "I am new". It sounds scummy to me;
2) I don't like the speculations about blending in. For a starter, I am bothered by your speculation on what "any role" would do. This is not the good time to discuss roles. So please don't.

@mallowgeno: I did not see that coming, because, even though I am aware that there was no real big case built on the smilies-stuff, I did not read any evidence of humor in your vote. Nor did the others, as far as I see. I would have preferred a post with you insisting on my alleged attempt at overstressing randomness. The fact that you retract this way definitely bothers me.

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 am

Post by saporovirus »

Whoah, I thought Consig was just being silly, voting a player that's not in this game. Either he's just really confused or he forgot andrew isn't in the game, became flustered, and is trying to come up with a serious argument.

His posts are really odd and stilted. He's trying too hard to be silly/ likeable, which could just be a noob thing. PRESSURE!

UNVOTE: XENOPHON
VOTE: CONSIG
but I love you still

mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am

Post by mallowgeno »

lewarcher82 wrote: @mallowgeno: I did not see that coming, because, even though I am aware that there was no real big case built on the smilies-stuff, I did not read any evidence of humor in your vote. Nor did the others, as far as I see. I would have preferred a post with you insisting on my alleged attempt at overstressing randomness. The fact that you retract this way definitely bothers me.
Whoops on last post.

OMG!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO MEANINGS OF THE WORD HUMOR?!? WHOAH! ENGLISH LESSON TIME!

Humor can be used as a noun:
-lewarcher has no sense of humor

BUT WAIT!!! HUMOR CAN ALSO BE USED AS A VERB :O
-I voted lewarcher to humor DJ

Wow! Did you notice that that version of the word humor has nothing to do with being funny!?! In this sentence it means to indulge in someone else. Do you need a definition on the word indulge? If you do, let me know.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

Post by saporovirus »

Wow, you really are full of bile today ;)
but I love you still

Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Zhero »

mallowgeno wrote:The only reason I voted lewarcher was to humor Don.

unvote

I hate the rvs.
So, you vote to humor don, but once he fleshes out his case you unvote?

Do you disagree with his case?
saporovirus wrote:His posts are really odd and stilted. He's trying too hard to be silly/ likeable, which could just be a noob thing. PRESSURE!

UNVOTE: XENOPHON
VOTE: CONSIG
Agreed.
Unvote. Vote: Consigliere
-Zhero
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Gonzoooo wrote:Are you guys losing it? Why are you not voting for don johnson? Obv scum is obv....vote accordingly.
I should take this as a joke, then? Or are you seriously saying don is scummy already?
Gonzoooo wrote:^This lady is the most pro-town only behind me.
Also, why did you say this? You were referring to saporovirus making a second rvs vote to make a joke. How does that equal pro-town?

---------------

lewarcher82 wrote:naaaa, don't care much about the pressure,
the smilies stuff is just a tipical move to end the rvs, which is very much pro-town
. I have seen worse than this, in some other games. At a given point you just need to start provoking one player using a "non-random" argument, no matter how silly. Smilies are just this LoL...
but mallowgeno jumped on it, so from my pov it is totally right to keep voting him.
I haven't seen smilies being used to end rvs, but I don't like how you're saying that since you used smilies, you're pro-town. This doesn't make you scum, but I don't like the way you phrased it.

-------------

As for the case on Consig, I'm still trying to decide between scummy and ... idk, just kinda confused. Genuinely not knowing andrew94 was not in the game seems kinda uunlikely. Wouldn't Consig have noticed that andrew hadn't posted at all yet, or in any subsequent posts? Awaiting reaction...

-------------

However, I'm going with a
vote: mallowgeno
It wasn't the vote so much as the unvote, where he distances himself from agreeing with the wagon by saying "I only voted to humor don." Now that we've had our vocabulary lesson for the Day, who do you think is scummy so far? What's your stance on Consig?
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

Consig is town...he just apparently ate a trunk full of psilocybin before this game began. For realz, if you're voting him over voting someone not in this game, then you're ridiculous. Particularly disappointed in you saporovirus.
Terrible username guy wrote:I should take this as a joke, then? Or are you seriously saying don is scummy already?
Dead serious. Why aren't you voting him?
SSS wrote:Also, why did you say this? You were referring to saporovirus making a second rvs vote to make a joke. How does that equal pro-town
Hard hitting questions indeed. However, I can declare whoever I want town. Dead serious about this too.

Unvote, Vote: Zhero

You're really terrible at faking townie motivation. Just saying. Yo, donny boy, come over to this wagon and all shall be forgiven.

Return to “Completed Open Games”