Fringe Mafia (Game Over, role PMs posted)

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:35 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Also, are you claiming vanilla?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:39 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Durr, seems like the alternate Brandon (aka Evil Brandon) has his own Fringepedia page: Brandon/instance
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Nocmen »

Whoa, this exploded when I missed checking up on it last night.

First of all, HOMJ seems quick to push votes early against Fur for the NL. However, that wagon seems to go way too early, with not much reason why. Emp's and Doombunny's votes seem like they could be good scum wagon votes, but it's impossible to tell because Fur seems a bit too eager to defend himself. And the claim. He's too afraid of getting lynched so he's willing to claim at L-3. I want to hear more about his claim, and why he's so eager to defend himself at L-3. I wouldn't vote him just for going for the NL, esepcially if it seemed early in RVS.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Not quite sure what to make of flavor claims and such in this game. There is an alt-Brandon, though he doesn't seem that evil to me, and I've watched every episode so far in the series (granted, he didn't appear until this season, if I remember correctly).

I'm sure flavor speculation will have its place, but to what extent I'm not sure.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:40 am

Post by LordChronos »

I'm just a little confused with Fur's play thus far. He made a post saying he liked what I did then voted me in his next post (roughly). Now he is claiming when he is nowhere near a lynch.
I'm a talking computer.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:07 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

am i allowed to do that?
i dont want to be modkilled
there's no reason you couldn't link to a public wiki page.
What he said.
:P
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

[
VOTE COUNT 1.02
]

"Just because no one has documented flying monkeys or talking lions yet hardly means they don't exist."

[
]
Furcolow
- LordChronos, Empking, Doombunny9, TonyMontana

[
]
LordChronos
- Furcolow
[
]
TonyMontana
- Zang

Not Voting: sorasgoof, Shattered Viewpoint, foilist13, GhostWriter, Nocmen, HopOnMyJoystick

Day 1 will end on November 25th, 2010 at 2:00 AM EST (Countdown here) or when someone is lynched.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Fur- What made you decide to nameclaim? As for the nameclaim itself I'm just going to ignore it. Brandon does have an evil counterpart and as the mod said, flavor is going to be a poor indication of role alignment.

Fur also seems to be abandoning scumhunting in favor of defending himself, saying that he isn't scum, and obsessing about his claim.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by Empking »

Why are half the players no voting? (I'd like an answer from the non-voting players)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 am

Post by Nocmen »

Empking wrote:Why are half the players no voting? (I'd like an answer from the non-voting players)
Well, I felt that we passed through RVS with the first few votes on Fur, so by the time I read the thread, I had no need to place a random vote of my own. And honestly, I need to think more about the Fur wagon, I was hoping we'd gain more information with his insights into why he claimed and why he's trying so hard not to get himself killed.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 am

Post by PogoStick »

Nocmen wrote:Whoa, this exploded when I missed checking up on it last night.

First of all, HOMJ seems quick to push votes early against Fur for the NL. However, that wagon seems to go way too early, with not much reason why. Emp's and Doombunny's votes seem like they could be good scum wagon votes, but it's impossible to tell because Fur seems a bit too eager to defend himself. And the claim. He's too afraid of getting lynched so he's willing to claim at L-3. I want to hear more about his claim, and why he's so eager to defend himself at L-3. I wouldn't vote him just for going for the NL, esepcially if it seemed early in RVS.
do you fail at reading? I ask cause you say I am quick to push votes however I never push votes. I voted furclow for voting no lynch, I provided my reasoning as why NL is not a town move.

I later unvoted cause I have read up on furc's games a little and I see how he plays and lynching him to me seems to be more of a policy lynch, people are voting him just because they latched on to one thing he did.

of course he isn't helping himself by claiming early and asking about mafia fake claims and such, but I really don't think he would be that obvious if he were mafia (of course I could be wrong)

You also say that his wagon seems to go away too early but actually nobody has removed them from his wagon but me, and when I unvoted, somebody else joined it so that is a misrepresentation of facts.

and if you are town and somebody suggested something anti-town like a no lynch, why would you not vote them just for that? NL is anti town, it removes the need to scum hunt and anyone pushing for a no lynch should be voted.

and before anyone questions why I just made that comment and am not currently voting for furc, I unvoted because he indicated he wasn't serious about the NL and also his lynch just seems to convenient, about as easy as a no lynch, and it would eliminate the need for real scum hunting.

We are just a few days in on the game,let's scum hunt and talk about other people before rushing to lynch. So for right now just based on the misrep of facts

vote nocmen

something about him just rubs me the wrong way, I feel he is acting like he is town
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:23 am

Post by LordChronos »

Scummy post by HOMJ.
HOMJ wrote:I later unvoted cause I have read up on furc's games a little and I see how he plays and lynching him to me seems to be more of a policy lynch, people are voting him just because they latched on to one thing he did.
First, that is often how games get out of RVS. Second, he has done several scummy things, not just one, see my last post.
HOMJ wrote:of course he isn't helping himself by claiming early and asking about mafia fake claims and such, but I really don't think he would be that obvious if he were mafia (of course I could be wrong)
WIFOM defense of scummy person is scummy.
HOMJ wrote:We are just a few days in on the game,let's scum hunt and talk about other people before rushing to lynch. So for right now just based on the misrep of facts
vote nocmen
Fallacious straw man is scummy. No one is "rushing to lynch".
HOMJ wrote:something about him just rubs me the wrong way, I feel he is acting like he is town
You feel like he is acting like he is town, so you vote him? Huh?

Gonna
Unvote; Vote: HopOnMyJoystick
I'm a talking computer.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 am

Post by PogoStick »

Umm yeah acting like town is not being town, town doesn't have to act like they are

and nocman was the one saying his wagon was falling apart to soon , hence why I said rushing to lynch
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 am

Post by LordChronos »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:Umm yeah acting like town is not being town, town doesn't have to act like they are

and nocman was the one saying his wagon was falling apart to soon , hence why I said rushing to lynch
So your position is that scum acts like town, and town doesn't? I don't see anywhere where Nocmen says his wagon was falling apart to soon, could you please quote that for me? Also, someone worrying a wagon falling apart does not equal rushing to a lynch.
I'm a talking computer.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:58 am

Post by PogoStick »

Nocmen wrote:Whoa, this exploded when I missed checking up on it last night.

First of all, HOMJ seems quick to push votes early against Fur for the NL. However, that wagon seems to go way too early, with not much reason why.
Emp's and Doombunny's votes seem like they could be good scum wagon votes, but it's impossible to tell because Fur seems a bit too eager to defend himself. And the claim. He's too afraid of getting lynched so he's willing to claim at L-3. I want to hear more about his claim, and why he's so eager to defend himself at L-3. I wouldn't vote him just for going for the NL, esepcially if it seemed early in RVS.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:59 am

Post by PogoStick »

LordChronos wrote:
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:Umm yeah acting like town is not being town, town doesn't have to act like they are

So your position is that scum acts like town, and town doesn't? I don't see anywhere where Nocmen says his wagon was falling apart to soon, could you please quote that for me? Also, someone worrying a wagon falling apart does not equal rushing to a lynch.
yes my position is scum wants to ACT like town, town should not be concerned how they are acting cause they know they are town.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:10 am

Post by LordChronos »

I read that quote as "the wagon got going really fast, but there wasn't much reasoning behind it". This interpretation is supported by the rest of the post.
HOMJ wrote:yes my position is scum wants to ACT like town, town should not be concerned how they are acting cause they know they are town.
We all know that town is concerned with scum hunting and scum wants to look town, but why does that make it a scum tell for someone to seem like they are town? I agree that going out of your way to try to get townie points, like Fur seems to have done, is scummy, but Nocmen hasn't done that. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, odds are it's a duck. Occam's Razor applies here.
I'm a talking computer.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

LordChronos wrote:I'm just a little confused with Fur's play thus far.
You haven't played with Fur, then, have you? This is so typical.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:31 am

Post by LordChronos »

No, I haven't played with Fur before. What do you think of HOMJ?
I'm a talking computer.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

I feel that some people arent pulling much weight at this point.

@Sora- Who do you think are the scummiest players so far? All you've really taled about were about how you didn't like HOMJ and LC's votes.
@SV- Feel like doing anything? All you've done outside of the RVS/pre-game was to unvote and your latest point.
@Foil- Same thing to you, you haven't done much AT ALL, not even in the RVS
@Zang- Again, same thing, you've pretty much just dissapeared after the RVS

Slight FoS: These gusys ^
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:01 am

Post by PogoStick »

LordChronos wrote:I read that quote as "the wagon got going really fast, but there wasn't much reasoning behind it". This interpretation is supported by the rest of the post.
HOMJ wrote:yes my position is scum wants to ACT like town, town should not be concerned how they are acting cause they know they are town.
We all know that town is concerned with scum hunting and scum wants to look town, but why does that make it a scum tell for someone to seem like they are town? I agree that going out of your way to try to get townie points, like Fur seems to have done, is scummy, but Nocmen hasn't done that. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, odds are it's a duck. Occam's Razor applies here.
1. maybe I misread his statement wrong

2. I think that it was more of the fact that he hasn't posted all game and than came with 2 posts, like I said i just got a feeling, it wasn't much but it is early in the game.

I do agree that furc is scummy but I have seen him in other games be scummy and is VT. I spent most week on my phone so I will re-read tomorrow all the way through and see what I can come up with.

Furc has done some scummy moves this game so I will probably vote him again if I don't pick up on something else
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

@Mod: V/LA until Monday morning.

Noted.
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

HOMJ wrote:I am not sold on furc as mafia
HOMJ wrote:Furc has done some scummy moves this game so I will probably vote him again if I don't pick up on something else

So you unvote Fur because you think he's just being noob-town and now it's not noob-town anymore and more scummy so you want to vote him again? lolwut?

Still want to hear from Sora/SV/Foil/Zang.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by PogoStick »

I unvoted him before he claimed, he claimed while nor being close to a lynch, right now out of everyone that is the most scummy behavior I have detected so yes I would go back to him because that has cemented enough to be scum, however you purposely trying to twist everything I say and do into a negative way is being noted for future reference
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Ironic that you say that after twisting what Nocmen said and using a strawman argument to attack him.

Also, you say that his claim is the most scummy behavior you have detected, but you voted Noc after his claim. Contradiction, much? You said that it has "cemented enough to be scum", but he hasn't done anything since then, so what changed your mind?
I'm a talking computer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”