Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

mothrax wrote:So for the rest of the class please:
I'll make sure to put on my teacher's spectacles, they make me smarter.
mothrax wrote:Thor, why is parknourie disliking your playstyle scummy?
Please quote where I said this and then I'll answer.
mothrax wrote:Considering that pk is not the only one to miss [the voting rules], how does that make him scummy??
Firstly, that was my RVS stage of voting for him - it made him just as scummy as someone being a Norse god as opposed to a Greek one. If you're going to comment on needing much logic behind RVS votes we'll be here a while.

Secondly, the basic logic of the scumminess at that stage was already described in the post I voted him in when I explained why I saw that action as scummy - do you not understand what I wrote there as reasoning? Try to narrow me in to where I lost you and I'll help, otherwise all I can do is restate what I said at that point.

Also, for the rest of the class ;)
mothrax wrote:When three players have yet to post. \
Why do you think someone acting scummy has *anything* to do with other people's actions that haven't happened yet? You're being silly.
Maniamax
Maniamax
Townie
Maniamax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Maniamax »

Oh snap, I missed a fair bit =p

Might as well do dem questions
ooBAZZoo wrote:Hey. Looking forward to playing with you all. Just a few random questions I like to throw out so we can all get to know each other like special friends :D
1) Have you played mafia games before? (on this site, other sites, or in real life)
2) Where are you from?
3) Why the profile name?
4) Do you believe anyone caught lying should be lynched?
1) Just some chat based ones
2) North Cork, in Ireland
3) Have no idea =/ Just picked it one day, and stuck to it
4) I'd say that anyone exposed as a liar is scum. Townie's shouldn't have any reason to lie

Also, randomly lynchin'

@@Guderian
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Greetings Maniamax.

First, you botched the vote method, though maybe the mod will take pity on you. But, officially, that vote doesn't count as you need a Vote: between the ampersands and the name of who you're voting.
Second, I'm super excited you're bandwagoning on to my case even though you didn't address it at all. Why did you choose Guderian to "random" vote and what do you think of the player (me0 who has now clamed to be voting Guderian for non-random reasons and how did/didn't that affect your choice to "randomly" vote Guderian?
Maniamax
Maniamax
Townie
Maniamax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Maniamax »

Aw shucks, I meant to vote for someone with not votes >_> Damn my inability to make simple tally charts. Thanks for pointing out my mistake in the vote , byt the way.

Am I allowed to change it or does it forfeit my vote?
Huntman800
Huntman800
Townie
Huntman800
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Huntman800 »

ooBAZZoo wrote:Hey. Looking forward to playing with you all. Just a few random questions I like to throw out so we can all get to know each other like special friends :D
1) Have you played mafia games before? (on this site, other sites, or in real life)
2) Where are you from?
3) Why the profile name?
4) Do you believe anyone caught lying should be lynched?
1) Only in RL, but haven't done so in a while.
2.) New York
3.) Don't really know, sorta my first and only online alias. The 800 is random
4.) Depends

And now to vote (again):
@@
VOTE: SomeRandomGuy

That good? I don't know why, but I originally assumed the @@ was there instead of putting the phrase in quotes, my bad.
I'm so hardcore, I type my BBCode out by hand. No, don't ask me why.
Oh, and btw: (s)he did it!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

Maniamax wrote:Aw shucks, I meant to vote for someone with not votes
Why? Also, this proves your vote isn't random as you're automatically ruling out voting for some players already - what makes them more town and/or how does your strategy of not voting for someone already with a vote on them help town?
Maniamax wrote:Am I allowed to change it or does it forfeit my vote?
You now are legally obligated to vote the same way i do for the rest of the game.

No, you can change your vote as often as you deem needed and there is no limitation on who you can vote for.
Look at some other games on this site if the voting method confuses you - every single one in the newbie forum will operate with the same rules for votes as here. This game is only different in the format of the vote, the rules are the same.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665 wrote:Greetings Maniamax.

First, you botched the vote method, though maybe the mod will take pity on you. But, officially, that vote doesn't count as you need a Vote: between the ampersands and the name of who you're voting.
Second, I'm super excited you're bandwagoning on to my case even though you didn't address it at all. Why did you choose Guderian to "random" vote and what do you think of the player (me0 who has now clamed to be voting Guderian for non-random reasons and how did/didn't that affect your choice to "randomly" vote Guderian?
Also, I was wrong in the above post and mixed up parknourie and Guderian - so Maniamax is indeed attempting to vote someone who wasn't being voted for.

My current question to him stands and is applicable.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 am

Post by parknourie »

Great. Now I have an IC on my ass.
Thor hasn't seen everyone's post yet (since they actually didn't post anything) and goes for one of the two SEs in this game which is me.
Random voting stage is over? I didn't know that. Do you run this show Thor? It is very discomforting (as I have siad before) to see you treating yourself as the top-and-the-best player in this game.
So it is page 2. I have posted...what, like 5 posts? And you confirm that I'm THE scum in this game. Very, very interesting.
It is common, I know, that one of the more-experienced players would be scum and one of the newbies will be their partner. However, you haven't seen everybody yet and therefore your firm confirmation on me being scum is definitely baloony.
However, it is wrong for anyone to say that I have you as my scum candidate.
ICs are the ones who get commonly linked with a newbie as their scum-partners. But your action right now (perhaps ONLY right now) seems to be out of frustration.
Of what reason? Of you NOT being scum. That is why, I think, you are trying to frame me right now. I'm SE who has the next biggest possiblity of being scum partner-cum-helper to a Newbie.
However, that is wrong, man. Acting purely on chances at the moment and not using your tried-and-tested skill on deduction is very unadvisable action for newbies.
Sigh, take your time, since not all of us has done much in this game yet, and be sensible with your decisions.
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

parknourie wrote:Great. Now I have an IC on my Smurf.
Thor hasn't seen everyone's post yet (since they actually didn't post anything) and goes for one of the two SEs in this game which is me.
How does you being an SE and not everyone in the game posting yet have any bearing on whether or not you are scum?
parknourie wrote:Random voting stage is over? I didn't know that. Do you run this show Thor? It is very discomforting (as I have siad before) to see you treating yourself as the top-and-the-best player in this game.
Please quote where I said RVS is over (you'll note I said "for me" when I did so, which means if you're still in RVS more power to you, I'm not)
Also, when did I become pompously full of myself? You're "discomforted" by this but I don't think I've even said or implied that everyone should follow everything I say because I'm the IC, nor have I declared any of my cases superior because I have "super powered IC hyper-battle senses" - where are you getting this from? Please provide the quote and explain.

Pretty much the rest of your post is you deciding that either an SE or IC *has* to be scum with a newbie (a false premise) and also apparently getting a firm read on me being frustrated about not being scum (which is weird, because I *hate* being scum) and also acting bewildered I can get a read on you as scum even though apparently you can read me enough to realize I'm immensely frustrated that I'm not scum and want to punish you because of it. ( :? whut?)

I'm especially excited how you say that I'm not scum. (hence, town)
Am frustrated because I'm not scum. (hence, town)
And am trying to "frame" you (which is something scum would do, not town)
Color me confused.
I think that's a shade of fuchsia.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by parknourie »

Being scum is obviously more fun than being townie. Especially if you are experienced and in a Newbie game.
Your early i-dont-give-a-shit attitude (hence placing me as your victim) is overtaking you, Thor.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So, you're settling on calling me scum?
And what is my attitude overtaking? My previously town attitude?
Huntman800
Huntman800
Townie
Huntman800
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Huntman800 »

Do people fight like you two in real games?

Meh, I won't say anything else in fear of taking a side.
I'm so hardcore, I type my BBCode out by hand. No, don't ask me why.
Oh, and btw: (s)he did it!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count II

[L-3] andrew94 - (parknourie, Huntman800)

[L-4] parknourie - (Thor665)
[L-4] Huntman800 - (mothrax)
[L-4] Thor665 - (Guderian)

[4]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, IO_SAMBO_OI, Maniamax, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

andrew94 replaces SomeRandomGuy.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by andrew94 »

/confirm

answering questions:
1) YES ba forums
2) nz too (hi five park!)
3) real name
4) depends

i just read through 2 pages and my, some people have really caught my eye!

p.s. im replacing somerandomguy

preview edit: mod ninja'ed me
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Huntman800 wrote:Do people fight like you two in real games?

Meh, I won't say anything else in fear of taking a side.
am i the only one who sees what is wrong with this post?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by andrew94 »

maniamax, you said that you have played some 'chat based' games, yet you ask whether you can change your vote etc. this really looks to me as if you are purposely pretending to be newb, as i did on my first game and won = =

i dont understand what park is saying.
thor seems to be vigorously attacking park, first about his correction of his correction of someone else's vote then something else later

studying now..
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Huntman800 wrote:Do people fight like you two in real games?
:D Never play with Benmage.
"Fighting" generates emotional responses and reactions. Emotional responses and reactions can cause errors in fake scummy play or provide reassurance of townish play. Many people on site use various methods to provoke those sorts of responses in order to scumhunt and get reads on other characters.

What you're seeing from me is actually a pretty mild amount of pressure compared to many players on site (at least insomuch as I tend not to cuss, use all caps, or blatantly insult your ability to play the game). Just as a basic IC note I will point out how my RVS vote has now generated reactions from people, whereas many of the other RVS votes did not - the reason for this is the pressure behind my vote, and that is the sort of thing that helps people begin to spot scum. You'll eventually learn your own style of pressure for the game...or, I dunno, get really good at spotting town players and just sheep them - though in its own way that's pressure too.
Huntman800 wrote:Meh, I won't say anything else in fear of taking a side.
Take a side, it helps reads.
What do you think of my pressure and how I'm applying it?
What do you think of the way park is replying to it?
What do you think about andrew94 chiding you for not taking a side while also offering a *very* superficial analysis of our behaviors?

@andrew - greetings, if you're the cop in this game please remember to claim at L-1 ;)
If you can respond to the questions I asked Huntman as well, that would be ace.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i think that your pressure was for a good cause, but some people react differently to pressure and even self hammer = = as town, so i cant say how effective it is

park seems to be one of the above ppl i said (i went to read his previous games)

rolefishing XD (jokes*)
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by parknourie »

Thor665 wrote:So, you're settling on calling me scum?
And what is my attitude overtaking? My previously town attitude?
i didnt say that. You are definitely town-read on me. However, the attitude is quite disgusting.
Greetings Andrew. Gimme 100 good reasons why I should unvote on you (actually a good "one" would do).
The fact that you just got in doesnt count at all.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Maniamax
Maniamax
Townie
Maniamax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Maniamax »

andrew94 wrote:maniamax, you said that you have played some 'chat based' games, yet you ask whether you can change your vote etc. this really looks to me as if you are purposely pretending to be newb, as i did on my first game and won = =
Well, I just wasn't sure whether there was a punishment of some sort for misformatting the votes =/ In hindsight it probably sounded pretty dumb, but whatcha gonna do.

Also,
@@VOTE:Guderian

For the simple reason, I have no idea who's right in the argument between Thor and parknourie, and if I guess, it will probably be wrong. (I have bad guesses)
IO_SAMBO_OI
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 am

Post by IO_SAMBO_OI »

hi everyone, in answer to the questions
1. Yeah this is my first game, be gentle
2. London, UK
3. SAMBO is just a name i chose a while back, it has no relation to my actual name (im not called sam)
4. Yes
IO_SAMBO_OI
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:05 am

Post by IO_SAMBO_OI »

@@VOTE: Maniamax
IO_SAMBO_OI
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:10 am

Post by IO_SAMBO_OI »

oops @@VOTE:Maniamax
Maniamax
Maniamax
Townie
Maniamax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Maniamax »

IO_SAMBO_OI wrote:oops @@VOTE:Maniamax
Probably should tell you that you need to bold the writing
IO_SAMBO_OI
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
IO_SAMBO_OI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 am

Post by IO_SAMBO_OI »

/b
@@VOTE:Maniamax

Since I know you're really trying here, I fixed the tags. Check the next vote count for the code for how to vote someone, and you can just copy-paste it whenever you need to change your vote. Kay? ~KittyMo
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”