Mini 1084: The New Jersey Shore (Game Over)

Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

VOTE: Gunthrie
I'm not letting this get away:
Guthrie wrote:Indeed. themanhimself last post looks like he is already thinking about the flip, and that he also knows the result.
Fos
"I agree" FoS, bad assumptions.
Guthrie wrote:
unvote
Vote Hanzo

I had a strange feeling from your first voting post. It looks like you thought too much about it.
And after Carrot's post, i felt it was good to vote you. Anyway, we need a wagon to heat things up, do we not?
Strange unexplainable feeling, clear bandwagoning with no reason. There are paragraphs that have been written so far, and you respond with four simple sentences of no real value or worth.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Hanzo_5 »

Noooo chaotic your doing it wrong, jump on the hanzo wagon because that case has some serious implications and not at all a bunch of well countered rubbish.
"Procrastination is oppurtunity's natural assassin."
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Guderian »

reading this, first initial thoughts are: this Hanzo bandwagon has gotten A LOT of steam for page 2. People seem to be extremely convinced he is scum based on a few 'tells'. I dont like it at all.

I dont like themanhimself play at all in this game.

he role fishes twice, First on the 'poetry' and then
In other news I re-read everything and found a new interpretation of CC's first haiku post. What if he was trying to set himself up for a role claim after seeing chaotic neutrality's post and then realized writing everything as a haiku
this in itself isnt scummy but then,
The reason I never changed my vote from Hanzo is that he's simply acting the scummiest. Every point CC brought up was totally valid and in Hanzo's response he did a fairly poor job of countering those points beside the fact that the vote he cast at the end is clearly not fueled by any valid points (that he's brought up at least) that make CC seem scummy. Voting for retribution and not reason is the scummiest tactic there is
Is hanzo really acting the scummiest? I dont think so. Was every point cc brought up totally valid? I read that post, some were alright, some weren't. To say they were all good is either blindness, buddying or scummy. And then you say voting with no reason is scummy, when this is the extent of your analysis on Hanzo. It seems
you
are voting with very little reason. [confirm voting]

unvote

vote: themanhimself
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Jase »

Hanzo_5 wrote:Carrotcake, i find case "a)" on me quite faulty. Mainly in that your argument at its core is based on a voting pattern that i do not exhibit. Also trying to guess what I'm thinking without asking me, seems to only make ur guesses seem like WIFOM to me. It is also based on the notion that I am trying to look town, and i dont see how i can look anything if we r in RVS

Case "b)" is a defense, I am not gonna refute ur vote, what I do find interesting is why you think i would, or why its a refutable vote based on what your initial reason was.

Case "c)" In my opinion it is your play style to assume, if you do that I, and any percieved scum, can out ur argument with "i never said that". However i do think thats scummy and an even better way to
be invisible
A. What voting patter did she say you showed that you did not? Also it's wrong to say that it's WIFOM to try to interpret someones actions without asking them about them because the scum will lie. If it matters all that much what they say their intentions where then you are too easily swayed.

B. Please don't clutter your defense with this sort of thing. It makes it difficult to read.

C. What are you trying to say here? I have no idea. Try to be more clear.

Another readability related point now. Please just spell out "You" and "Your" I have a tough time reading "u" and "ur". It'll only take like five more seconds to finish a post spelling the words out. My eyes will thank you to do so.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by themanhimself »

Jase,
Allow me to clarify once more, I wasn't looking to determine a role for CN, but rather an alignment which is pretty much the point of the game. Never did I say, let's figure out his role or I wonder what his role is, I said he's writing in poems, that seems to reflect a role restriction, what do you guys think about that? Never was it my intention to find out any specific role or night power, just a simple alignment. I think this is pretty well supported by the fact that that is all I've mentioned.

Hanzo,
Simple miscommunication, I misread what Guthrie said about me thinking about the flip as me thinking about flipping, i.e. changing my vote. Re-reading made the mistake clear to me.

Currently I'm still feeling Hanzo, the whole 'lynch me and see what happens' reeks of last hail-mary for scum to me.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by themanhimself »

So Guderian, what is your reason for voting me? All I got out of your post was that you disagreed with my opinion that Hanzo was the scummiest and that I agreed with CC too much. It doesn't seem to me that either of these are very clear indicators of anything at all.
If P then Q.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Rain »

From the looks of it, I'd say Hanzo looks more like a newb than a panicked scum. My reasons stem from his taunt in post 47 (and basically soft-claiming), sarcastic tone in post 51, and his lack of meta, suggesting this is one of his first games here.

He is kinda obvious though, especially after Carrotcake's case on him. I expect at least one of the scums to take advantage and join the wagon.

I agree with Chaotic Neutrality on Guthrie. He votes for Hanzo for the sake of voting, with no clear conviction that Hanzo's scum. Also, while it is true a wagon helps the town by providing heat, I find it unsettling that you'd ask for one. It feels like a scum asking for public support.

Unvote
Vote: Guthrie
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Guderian »

you lambaste Hanzo for voting with no reason when it appears from my perspective you yourself dont have one. (or a very good one)
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by Guderian »

TMH, whats your opinion of guthrie?
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Hanzo_5 »

Looks like im gonna have to get more detailed and quote stuff and bold stuff, because the weakness in my argument is that you couldnt understand it. so here we go again....

In the passage below puts forth the idea, that "trying to appear to be town is" anti-town/scummy and "actually scum hunting" is pro-town/not scummy. Remember this idea in regards to the argument, it will help u understand my defence better.
carrotcake wrote:2.) I firmly believe that people open fresh games with two strategies in mind. The first strategy is to hunt scum for the sake of taking giving them a good hanging. The second strategy is to scumhunt for the sake of appearing town. To condense it: one who cares about appearances above all else is scum, but one who cares about results is town. On the early game I tend to organize posts. Does it belong on the "try to appear town box", or the "actually hunting scum box". Granted it isn't a verifiable thing, but I trust it while on the bareness of the early game.
Carrotcoke then goes on to present her case against me, Her initial argument points out 1 thing, that I voted for a person who had not been voted for in the initial wave of random votes. This part is true.
carrotcake wrote:Let's look at hanzo.
a.) He was the last vote on an unvoted person on the initial wave of random votes. What does it tell me? It certainly isn't coincidental. His joke of an explanation felt substantial. As if; although baseless, it was a thought-out descision. What would he think about? Perhaps: he wanted to spread the votes as to not cause ripples upon the pond. He chose to vote a solitary person - to not even begin a wagon- to
be invisible
. (Am I allowed to bold non-votes, mod?). By ¬trying¬ to look town, he becomes scum.
The rest of her case is merely speculation, and I can prove it! She claims my vote isn't coincidental but she does not establish a patern that can prove im voting in a manner that would keep me under the radar.
He was the last vote on an unvoted person on the initial wave of random votes. What does it tell me? It certainly isn't coincidental.

Keep in mind I made another vote soon after for an actual reason: his he didn't vote, if thats not trying to go unlooked i dont know what is, in any case it seems to be wokring for him.
Hanzo_5 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: xsrk/vote]

for
xsrk wrote:No vote yet.
Make note, she further proves that she is voting for my first vote by saying this.
carrotcake wrote:b.) I voted against him not for the vote hop, but his initial vote.
So her initial point was made through complete speculation about my first vote, which was complete RVS. I thought it was a cool idea for an rvs to string random loose facts together. Maybe i'll use a poem next time... or maybe i will state that I'm not voting cause that worked wonders for xsrk.

oh wait...
carrotcake wrote:c.) He probably believes no-voting post one is scummy. I disagree. Making it explicitly clear your vote is a joke or you took it by randomize.org is much more scummy imho. It's become tradition to think like this, sadly, and I'm not quite in the mood to brave the currents right now. The hop itself is not scummy, gives how common it is.
So my random vote is scummy because:
His joke of an explanation felt substantial. As if; although baseless, it was a thought-out descision.

and ofcourse ur own speculation as to what my motives are.

and a no vote ain't, excuse french, but, get the fudge out of here!

Your final thought
carrotcake wrote:d.) Put it all together thought, and then it becomes scummy.
" Look at me, I like to test reactions" over "I need to become perfectly still, i don't want people to think i'm reacting"
It's all appearances. Scummy.
This is where that bit at the begining comes into play. In her case she puts forth the idea, that "trying to appear to be town is" anti-town/scummy and "actually scum hunting" is pro-town/not scummy. Yet her whole argument is based on the idea that my first post is my attempt at being invisible. At this point point one should ask themselves how trying to be invisible is like trying to be town. And before you think, her number two has nothing to do with the case against me see if u can find whats bolded below in her arguments.

he wanted to spread the votes as to not cause ripples upon the pond. He chose to vote a solitary person - to not even begin a wagon- to
be invisible
. (Am I allowed to bold non-votes, mod?).
By ¬trying¬ to look town, he becomes scum

I'm ashamed at myself for posting like a big ass baby, crying "lynch me then". I'm unimpressed by my first defense for its admitted "hard to read" impression. I feel that this is a repost in greater detail. However, her argument was (cool person term)->"stupid weak"<-(cool person term) and quite scummy. The scummyness being the huge case over nothing but an RVS vote. this is my first non newb game, and my second game ever. but I think I can play at a high level when i am not being a jack ass.

also
FOS: The man himself
for doing something like role fishing.
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Hanzo_5 »

I would appreciate everyones thoughts on my defence before they move on.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Jase »

Rain: Not a softclaim. Post 47. He straight up claims VT.

Hanzo: Who are your top three scum reads and why?

TMH: Well that's a fair defense. Point taken. My vote stays on you until you contribute in a useful way though. No more silly speculation.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Hanzo_5 »

Jase to answer your questions:

1)Carrotcake, reasons:
Her case against me was purely speculative. She also stated that a no vote in the rvs stage is perfectly fine, I think its a shared thought that the point of the rvs is to set up band wagons for pressure. A no vote doesn't support my idea of that shared idea. And then she just went under the radar.... along with my second most scummiest suspect.

2)Xsrk, reasons:
He did not vote during that rvs. and has not posted since.

3)themanhimself, reasons:
For semi role fishing, for being in a agreement with carrotcake on a psychic level,

Although, these people are the top 3 anit-town/scummiest in my opinion, I am tempted to point the FOS at all of you that thought carrotcakes logic was sound. To clarify I dont think all of your are scum, I think that not reading through the previous posts and seeing all the speculative evidence, but instead just going with the flow of her case is very anti-town.

Also you are right I'm vanilla townie, I'm claiming it. I'm sure someone will find that scummy. Will you give your thoughts on my defense?
xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by xsrk »

Hmmm...
It all looks a bit speculative at the moment (then again, all my experience is from a site with Diplomacy players). However, I see a few things starting to resemble bandwagons startin to form - they may just be forceful suspicions, but if they end in lynches (or near-lynches) it'll be good to keep an eye on them...
Lurking is a clear scumtell, in my opinion - worse than random votes or "tryin to appear town" - while unusual, I've seen townies try to look town too hard, trying to make sure they aren't lynched. I've noticed in past games that town players are often too focused on staying in to help the town itself, however.

No vote still, but I'm keeping an eye on Hanzo, Carrotcake, Guthrie, and Themanhimself. They appear (so far) to be the most prolific players - in my experience, about half of the "leadership" players are scum, but lynching them also risks creating a leaderless town.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I remain suspicious of TMH.
TMH so far has:
Made a post that looked primarily like an attempt to look town without being useful.
Made a post stating one of carrot's actions could possibly be interpreted as scummy, but saying he doesn't find carrot particularly suspicious.
Sheeped carrot's reasoning for voting Hanzo.

It all feels like a player who is trying to look like a scumhunter without really making any waves.
The man himself (haha) mentions having made multiple posts "encouraging light discussion without calling anyone out."
His voteconfirm on Hanzo came after Hanzo started flailing, so it looked to me like scum wanting to be on a good mislynch target.

The Hanzo bandwagon is kind of confusing to me right now.
Carrot's reasoning, on which it was founded, is decent get-us-out-of-rvs reasoning, but I feel like it's getting more respect than that,
especially from Hanzo, who has done some flailing, and TMH, who called it well thought out in every respect.
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Hanzo_5 »

Llamarble, I see how my flailing can be misread as me feeling the weight of carrotcake's argument, but it was actually a my reaction to the quick band wagon on me caused by that crap case. For a minute there I was really under the impression that the town was being mislead so easily. To say the least I was very upest. I feel tho still like no one cares about what I have to say, it's quite discouraging and while i know I can present some awesome FACT based cases but the more active posters seem to nto want to interract with me :(.

So everyone, are you treating me like the elephant in the middle of the room and ignoring me? if not what are your thoughts on my defense?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Im just waiting to see what Carrot says first. Where did Carrot go?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:17 am

Post by themanhimself »

Guderian

My reasons were the same ones outlined by carrot. I felt that his first vote, his joke joke against xsrk and the way he's been acting since accused are all scummy. I was going to let it drop a little since I think it's a good scum tactic to lurk and he doesn't seem to be doing that, but then he went and claimed vanilla townie which is all sorts of scum. Rain said his play looked like that of a panicked n00b and I say it looks like the play of a n00b who just happened to come up scum. I don't have much of an opinion of Guthrie but I think that speaks for itself. Like I said, I think it's a good scum tactic to lurk and pop up only to join bandwagons and stir the pot which is *exactly* what Guthrie has been doing since we started. If it wasn't for Hanzo's awful roleclaim, I would consider a guthrie wagon with a little more evidence.

Hanzo

Your first defense post was just more ranting in my opinion and your second one was at least a little more detailed but it frankly lost all steam when you claimed vanilla townie on the first day without a role claim request. That's just ten different kinds of scummy.

Llamarble

I can see why you may have questioned the initial popularity of the Hanzo wagon, but after that role claim surely you see some reason to cast a more suspicious eye on Hanzo, right? Also, people have been calling me out for siding with carrot quickly and without much explanation besides that I agreed with him/her (can we get a clear answer on that one?), but I would like to point out that I was one of five to jump on the Hanzo wagon and I gave as much reason as anyone did. Guthrie, Internet stranger and chkflip all jumped on without much explanation as well.

Now, as I pointed out before, I find it extremely scummy to come up and post once in a while then die back down. It takes attention off of you and helps you keep out of the fray that you start. I think carrot may be falling in this category to me right now. Starting a big argument shines the light on someone else, then s/he doesn't come back to clarify or get mixed up in the ensuing ruckus and this is exactly what s/he has been doing. Combine that with my post calling out the haiku's and it makes me wonder....
FOS:carrot
If P then Q.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Deadline is Dec 6 1pm EST
With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Vote Count 2

Carrotcake (1)- Hanzo_5
Chaotic Neutrality (0)-
chkflip (0)-
Guderian (0)-
Guthrie (2)- Chaotic Neutrality, Rain
Hanzo_5 (5)-themanhimself, Carrotcake, Guthrie, Internet Stranger, chkflip
Internet Stranger (0)-
Jase (0)-
Llamarble (0)-
Rain (0)-
themanhimself (3)- Llamarble, Jase, Guderian
xsrk (0)-

Not Voting (1)- xsrk
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Guthrie
Guthrie
Goon
Guthrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Guthrie »

Rain wrote:From the looks of it, I'd say Hanzo looks more like a newb than a panicked scum. My reasons stem from his taunt in post 47 (and basically soft-claiming), sarcastic tone in post 51, and his lack of meta, suggesting this is one of his first games here.

He is kinda obvious though, especially after Carrotcake's case on him. I expect at least one of the scums to take advantage and join the wagon.

I agree with Chaotic Neutrality on Guthrie.
He votes for Hanzo for the sake of voting, with no clear conviction that Hanzo's scum
. Also, while it is true a wagon helps the town by providing heat, I find it unsettling that you'd ask for one. It feels like a scum asking for public support.

Unvote
Vote: Guthrie
lol, i am sorry, but see when i voted. Do you think there was a lot of things going on? lol. At the point he is the scummies, and so far i don't like his explanations, so my vote stays where it is.

@Chaotic : I see what you are getting at, with the lack of input of my part. Been busy, and trying to stay updated with the game, so i don't have to read 3 whole pages someday. I don't see nothing wrong at all in my actions, nor i am concerned with it. I am more concerned in you making a big fusss about nothing, and rain jumping automatically on the wagon. Also, rain's contribution/activeness to the game so far isn't anywhere better than mine. He votes right after you voted me, not giving proper arguments, just "agreeing" with you??
Fos

@Rain : Read above.
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Hanzo_5 »

everyone, is it really that hard to login and post?

Guthrie, what don't you like about my explanations?

Internet stranger, why is it that you can only make light of your views after carrotcake posts?

The man himself, would you agree that my defense is more fact based, meaning who would you say is reaching more carrotcake or me?
Guthrie
Guthrie
Goon
Guthrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Guthrie »

I think you were a little bit evasive. It felt like you were avoiding something,
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Hanzo_5 »

Guthrie, can you quote what i said that felt evasive to you? I feel as if you are avoiding reasoning for your opinions.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

@Hanzo: Because CC was the one that called you out, why should I make the arguments for him?
I love your aggressive defense by the way, very impressive.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Hanzo_5
Hanzo_5
Goon
Hanzo_5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Hanzo_5 »

I was only lookin for ur thoughts no detailed post, as i've said... i think people "sweeping it under the rug". everyone could simply say it exists.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”