chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

@Empking:
- Just wait 'til shotty gets here. That guy seems like he chugs energy drinks before each post.

@Lateralus:
- I missed a question of yours: no, I haven't finished a game with Erinyes.

@Hiraki:
- No, I'm giving my honest opinion about lurkers whilst also taking into consideration that it was RVS. How can it not be both?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Nothing wrong being "jumpy" at all, I'll try to keep my serial posts down if that's bothering anyone.

@Hiraki

You're
noticing me "lurking"
is false. chkflip was the one who suggested that. I just pointed out you were reading the thread.
Hiraki wrote:And if I did or he did? I made this post for a point.
What point? Question: do you think being jumpy is scummy?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

- Which was followed with all caps and a =P to boot, meaning I was joking.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Hiraki »

chkflip wrote:@Hiraki:
- No, I'm giving my honest opinion about lurkers whilst also taking into consideration that it was RVS. How can it not be both?
I actually think I totally missed your responses to me, sorry about that!

The first point you make about the "sometimes, sometimes not" was more of a feeling. I blame 3 posts and the first being RVS screwing around for that. It's nothing bad, just something I felt like pointing out.

I was talking more about the vote, rather than his questions. Of course he'd then flip his vote to me, making me :|

@Lateralus:

True, but I doubt chkflip would've noticed if you didn't say anything about it. I just found it a bit odd you needed to comment about the point that you could see me. It doesn't surprise me now, just to note.

Jumpy can be scummy, and it could be just over-defensive townie. Not sure which one would be correctly labeled. Perhaps I'll need a new label though. I think you remind me of myself in a different meta, per se. You want to post the most content as you can, even if it is small stuff to get your point in. While this is null in terms of factions, I found it quite reminiscent of how I used to work around. Just a little tidbit of information. I'll have to keep looking around to see what I really think about it.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hiraki wrote:Jumpy can be scummy, and it could be just over-defensive townie.
Why is being jumpy scummy?
Hiraki wrote:I was talking more about the vote, rather than his questions. Of course he'd then flip his vote to me, making me
Great, now do you actually want to start hunting for scum? My qualms with you is that it doesn't look like your scum hunting at all. A few fence sitting posts here and there, but that's it. What you've posted, you're showing a lack of desire to back up what you say. In your last post you're being very vague mentioning your own meta, what does this have anything to do with my alignment?

Hiraki, are you only uncomfortable voting because two people haven't confirmed? No one's in danger of being lynched at all.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Lateralus22 wrote:Why is being jumpy scummy?
Because jumpy means you're worried about getting lynched. A townie shouldn't, in theory, be worried about being lynched. Their death leads to a greater gain of the town, if used correctly. Call it a common trend, but I'm pretty sure it's more than that.

Great, now do you actually want to start hunting for scum? My qualms with you is that it doesn't look like your scum hunting at all. A few fence sitting posts here and there, but that's it. What you've posted, you're showing a lack of desire to back up what you say. In your last post you're being very vague mentioning your own meta, what does this have anything to do with my alignment?
We're on Page 1 of Day 1. Day 1 of Day 1. Please don't pester me about scum hunting. I'm sorry I'm not as avid as you. I like to use different methods of finding scum rather than your methods.

Btw. does it look like Empking or chkflip are scum hunting a lot?

Hiraki, are you only uncomfortable voting because two people haven't confirmed? No one's in danger of being lynched at all.
I'm quite aware of that, however, I don't like flip-flopping my vote. In fact, I find a bit anti-town at the best. A Vanilla Townie's best power is the power of a vote. If a VT doesn't use it correctly, or just uses it unwillingly to apply pressure then something isn't right there.
Now just to dispel any misinterpretations, I don't FoS Lateralus22
fully
. However, I'm suspecting him. I don't like his post style and his attacks toward me. Not that he's attacking me, I'm fine with that. It's what he's attacking with.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hiraki wrote:Because jumpy means you're worried about getting lynched. A townie shouldn't, in theory, be worried about being lynched. Their death leads to a greater gain of the town, if used correctly. Call it a common trend, but I'm pretty sure it's more than that.
Really, this is what you're saying in regards to me? When I was called "jumpy" it was because I was posting a lot and questioning, I wasn't even accused of being scum.

Second point. Mhmk, kinda valid, but still stands. Can you tell me more about your methods?
Hiraki wrote:Btw. does it look like Empking or chkflip are scum hunting a lot?
chkflip looks town for now. He seemed like he had an honest intention with his vote and was able to explain it. Empking, eh not so much. He does need to post more, I'm going at you on this because it seems you're actually in the game.
Hiraki wrote:I don't like flip-flopping my vote. In fact, I find a bit anti-town at the best. A Vanilla Townie's best power is the power of a vote. If a VT doesn't use it correctly, or just uses it unwillingly to apply pressure then something isn't right there.
>.> Really? There's nothing wrong with applying pressure and if you're voting for legit reasons... then there wouldn't be a problem either. Frankly, I think you'd be doing more harm if you choose to hold back your vote that much.
Hiraki wrote:Now just to dispel any misinterpretations, I don't FoS Lateralus22 fully. However, I'm suspecting him. I don't like his post style and his attacks toward me. Not that he's attacking me, I'm fine with that. It's what he's attacking with.
If you want to vote me just say it. No need to be shy. My posting style is how I post every game. I find abrasiveness to be far more effective, and my attack on you? I'm literally asking you to get your opinions out and vote for who you think is scum. Instead, you've chosen to attack my play style and appear to be on the fence about multiple things.

Hey, very fast question. You mention your past play style, can you tell me in a large amount of detail why it's changed? Do you view aggression as scummy?
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Voting: Hiraki:
(1) Lateralus22
Lateralus22:
(1) Empking

Not Voting:

Erinyes
drmyshottyizsik
Hiraki
chkflip

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

/confirm
vote later

Chill this is just a game
#freeShotty
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by Empking »

Erinyes: When you post would you mind giving your thoughts on Later?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

@ chick- I am inclined to vote you due to your active lurking,
#freeShotty
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 am

Post by chkflip »

@dr:
- Not trying to lurk, just waiting and hoping for more to develop.

@Later:
- From the start, even with your RVS vote, you've been "lynchlynchlynch gogogogo." Is there a reason you want to see day phases rushed?

- You jump to me, then to Hiraki... for what? Are asking questions and voting inexclusive to you? Do not like.

VOTE: Later

@all:
- To note, Later is
L-1
and I've done so because, of us all, he is most prominently scummy.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

Lateralus22 wrote: Really, this is what you're saying in regards to me? When I was called "jumpy" it was because I was posting a lot and questioning, I wasn't even accused of being scum.
True, but you even noted that I was there. It's a small point, but a point at the least.

Second point. Mhmk, kinda valid, but still stands. Can you tell me more about your methods?
Townhunting. For the win.

chkflip looks town for now. He seemed like he had an honest intention with his vote and was able to explain it. Empking, eh not so much. He does need to post more, I'm going at you on this because it seems you're actually in the game.
And this is why I with-hold my vote, for reasons previously stated.

>.> Really? There's nothing wrong with applying pressure and if you're voting for legit reasons... then there wouldn't be a problem either. Frankly, I think you'd be doing more harm if you choose to hold back your vote that much.
There isn't but I don't like doing it. I don't vote people for it, and I don't care if other people do it. I just don't do it, and I doubt it does that much harm if I hold it back. My questioning seems to be a better asset then just asking.

If you want to vote me just say it. No need to be shy. My posting style is how I post every game. I find abrasiveness to be far more effective, and my attack on you? I'm literally asking you to get your opinions out and vote for who you think is scum. Instead, you've chosen to attack my play style and appear to be on the fence about multiple things.
I haven't attacked your play style, I just don't like it. I got my opinions out, like you asked. This point just seems like you're not satisfied with my opinions, and you think I'm sure that I'm scum.

Hey, very fast question. You mention your past play style, can you tell me in a large amount of detail why it's changed? Do you view aggression as scummy?
Aggression isn't scummy, but it doesn't always work. Some people do think it's scummy, some don't. In some ways, there's truth that it is, and there's also counter-arguments that it isn't. The reason that no one has a firm stance on it, is why I've changed. More for the sake of playing a game without asking about it. Just make sure that aggressive styles have logic behind them. Ad hominem attacks are never good.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:@ chick- I am inclined to vote you due to your active lurking,
I laugh that you think it's honestly possible to lurk on Day 2 of Day 1.
chkflip wrote:- From the start, even with your RVS vote, you've been "lynchlynchlynch gogogogo." Is there a reason you want to see day phases rushed?
This is basically what I mean, in better phrase at least.

Also, if someone hammers before Erinyes or even Empking makes a good post, I will be quite sad.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Empking »

Hik; I presume you're implying that Shotty had made better posts than me in this game. How is that?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Hiraki »

Empking wrote:Hik; I presume you're implying that Shotty had made better posts than me in this game. How is that?
Nah, I forgot about him. I'd like something bigger than 3 lines from him too. My mistake.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

chkflip wrote:- From the start, even with your RVS vote, you've been "lynchlynchlynch gogogogo." Is there a reason you want to see day phases rushed?

- You jump to me, then to Hiraki... for what? Are asking questions and voting inexclusive to you? Do not like. I wouldn't be worried about the phase being rushed at all.

1. Because I like playing the game? I was eager to get the game started and get out of RVS Asap, hopefully I've done that.

2. Yeah, relates back to to get out of RVS Asap. I'm rather satisfied with the results as I think I've nailed scum and have a town read atm. Kinda depressed though that no one else really wants to jump in and comment.

Would you rather I sit around and do nothing?

Not entirely understanding what you mean by "are asking questions inexclusive to you?"
Empking wrote:Erinyes: When you post would you mind giving your thoughts on Later?
Would you do the same?

@Hiraki, your last response seems a bit better. It seems you choose to Townhunt, do you have any town reads you'd like to mention?
Hiraki wrote:I haven't attacked your play style, I just don't like it. I got my opinions out, like you asked. This point just seems like you're not satisfied with my opinions, and you think I'm sure that I'm scum.
Saying that is an attack though. You're right, you did get out some of your opinions but the thing is I'm not even sure if you believe them when it doesn't look like your backing them up much.

@Shotty,

Do you think I'm scum?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by chkflip »

- Your reasonings are fair enough, though they could still be scum-driven. No, I would not prefer you to sit and do nothing. Is there no comfortable medium for you?
-- Note that I'm not demanding you change your play style at all, just asking if you can see things from our perspectives.

- Who are you talking about having a town read on? That part confused me.

- What I meant was: do you always vote and question simultaneously? You've actually answered that without realizing it.

- I don't get the point in asking someone for their town reads, that just sounds like a scummy elimination tactic to me.
-- Note that, yes, I asked you about a town read; however, it's only because you mentioned it.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

chkflip wrote:Your reasonings are fair enough, though they could still be scum-driven. No, I would not prefer you to sit and do nothing. Is there no comfortable medium for you?

-- Note that I'm not demanding you change your play style at all, just asking if you can see things from our perspectives.
Not really, sorry I can't be perfectly in ze middle. I do see this from your perspective and this one of the silliest things I've heard.
chkflip wrote:- Who are you talking about having a town read on? That part confused me.
You, I mentioned it back here.
chkflip wrote:- What I meant was: do you always vote and question simultaneously? You've actually answered that without realizing it.
Nay, though last game I focused on it a little bit. This game I figured it'll just bring out info faster and give me a physiological read too. I'll probably continue though since I like how it works atm.
chkflip wrote:- I don't get the point in asking someone for their town reads, that just sounds like a scummy elimination tactic to me.
"Shrugs" He mentioned that's how he scum hunts and I'm interested in what he has to say.

Town reads are tech, I used to feel similar to you but after seeing how effective it was in my last finished (Reduced scum to 3 players on day 2) I think I'll be trying it out more.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Empking »

Later: I think you're the scummiest player so far.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

@Hiraki:
- I don't think you'll be getting anything from Erin. It's now day seven since he's even logged in. That's some pretty dedicated lurking if that's what he's doing (for other games, obv not this one).

- Could you please elaborate on "Townhunting. For the win."?

@Lateral:
- What do you mean by "tech"? I don't think I've seen this term in mafia.

- What made your change your mindset from what I beleive to where you are now?

@shotty/empking:
-
IGMEOY
!
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Voting: Hiraki: (1) Lateralus22
Lateralus22: (3) Empking, drmyshottyizsik, chkflip

Not Voting:
Erinyes
Hiraki

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

I'm replacing Erinyes as he doesn't appear to have picked up his role PM
Last edited by Mitsuru Kirijo on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

DavidParker replaces Erinyes.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Empking wrote:Later: I think you're the scummiest player so far.
Can you elaborate?
chkflip wrote:@Lateral:
- What do you mean by "tech"? I don't think I've seen this term in mafia.

- What made your change your mindset from what I beleive to where you are now?
Tech as in awesome

Not understanding the second point, I think you what mean is what
I
believed? That's there in the post I linked to.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:33 am

Post by DavidParker »

Confirm!

Done a quick browse, game got started pretty quick which I like. Shotty is actually semi-contributing to this game? That seems to go against his meta.. And seeing as I've only ever seen him play town and be useless...Hmm.

Anyways, that was just a quick observation:

Vote: Hiraki

His "first" post - Very wish-washy, doesn't really comment on much, just "observes" and doesn't take a stance.

Buddies to emp.

Plays the "I missed that post" card (A statement I have used myself as scum on numerous occasions when being caught out...)

#28: More wish-washy. "Jumpy can be scummy, and it could be just over-defensive townie"
Hiraki wrote:I don't FoS Lateralus22 fully
What kind of a statement is that. For one thing, FoS's are meaningless, I don't even use them. So a "partial FoS". sounds like some retarded "hey lets try be town and show who i think is suspicious. However, i'll be honest, and say this quote could come from town just as likely as it could come from scum. It just struck me as crazy.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:39 am

Post by chkflip »

@David:
- Welcome.

- Ah, these are valid points. He's played the "I missed that" twice now, don't know if you just meant toward my question or when he overlooked shotty.

- I've got my eye on shotty for that very reason.

@Lateralus:
- Ooh, I learned a new synonym for awesome. Stupendous.

- I was referring to the point you'd made earlier about how you'd also thought that asking for town tells was silly. What made you change your mind?

Return to “Completed Open Games”