Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Dekes »

mykonian wrote:
Don Johnson,
sane cop
Am I missing something here?

Also, what the hell, Fate?

While I agree that don's obsession with his role was getting way in the way of his scumhunting efforts for the better part of the game...when don claimed his role and result, Jack's lynch was imminent...so why would don stop the lynch to claim the guilty on Zang when he could've easily waited till the next day?

Also, you totally forced me into the position of deciding between you and CES. "TOWNIES HAVE READS AND NARROW SHIT DOWN" my ass. If not for that I'd have looked into CES again instead of going into the argument with you because I felt I had to decide.

Anyways...it always hurts double to lose against a Dutch...gg, CES :P
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Jack »

Dekes wrote:
mykonian wrote:
Don Johnson,
sane cop
Am I missing something here?
CES was the lightning rod, all investigations targeted him.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Dekes »

Hm...actually quite interesting use of the mechanic.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Jack »

It's a nice setup feature actually. Allows a legitimate godfather, 2 cops means that the cop thinking the got a guilty on scum gets counterclaimed, if CES dies then the godfather blends in.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:43 am

Post by mykonian »

Jack wrote:It's a nice setup feature actually. Allows a legitimate godfather, 2 cops means that the cop thinking the got a guilty on scum gets counterclaimed, if CES dies then the godfather blends in.
During the game, I realized that the game would probably have been better without the cops. They are just screwing too much with the town's heads.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

no hard feelings fate. try and think things through next time. also, please don't discount my scumhunting efforts here. i had the "rod" at L-1 yesterday. also, i lynched zang because of the investigation
and
his actions. it wasn't like i was just dickin around. but whatever. gg CES.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Fate »

Glad you're not really mad D_J.

I said it on scumchat but here was my thought process behind D_J scum, it wasn't that I was just that easily fooled by CES:

I figured scum would have two PRs to balance not having a NK. CES' play didn't correlate with any scum PR I could think of (Lightning Rod wasn't on the mind for obvious reasons), but D_J's certainly did.

I theorized that D_Jscum was a role cop or something and had figured out that Zang was a cop. Now, he had no CHOICE but to fakeclaim a cop with a guilty on Zang and push Zang's lynch through, because he had no NK to deal with him and he couldn't let Zang go around clearing people. Hence the gambit and the motivation to derail Jack's lynch. Since there was no NK, he could safely fakeclaim cop and not have to deal with anything going on at night, plus it was a ballsy enough gambit that no one would suspect him for it and he could go on lynching the rest of town until endgame.

CES' play on the other hand was incredibly lazy. I had him read as someone who had cemented early reads and was just floating along, and then he got caught up in a V/LA and couldn't post much. The probably SCUMMIEST post of his that I saw that set off alarms was his "Zang is lying lynch Zang" post (and subsequent justification of his Zang vote), because Zang WASNT lying, at least from me and Jack's POV, and he seemed very town which I would've thought CES would've thought more through.

Anyway that's why I did what I did. Plus D_J's refusal to crossvote struck me as so bizzarre that I wrote it off as irrational scumplay rather than crazy d_jtown...

but huhhhuhh

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT THHELL DEKES YOU HAD A CHANCE TO HAMMER CES WHO HAD MORE OF A CHANCE AT BEING SCUM THAN THE NEXT LYNCH TARGET: YOU.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Dekes »

Since at that moment I thought you were more likely scum than CES I didn't hammer for the sake of sheer self preservation. If he had flipped town there was no way I wouldn't have been lynched the next day. That was something to consider before dropping a hammer simply because the opportunity was there, Mr. I hammered four townies in a row although I had townreads on at least two of them.

Anyhoo, the two Dutch people getting the scum roles in a game designed by a Dutch? That's what I call an international conspiracy!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 am

Post by mykonian »

who are you dekes?

The scum also asked if it was intented that the mafia was Dutch. I assure you random.org told me to make them scum.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Uite »

Yeah, me and CES being buddies was a pretty amazing coincidence. I'm also amazed how he managed to win despite not being able to kill anyone at night. I guess we have Fate to thank for that.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Dekes »

mykonian wrote:who are you dekes?

The scum also asked if it was intented that the mafia was Dutch. I assure you random.org told me to make them scum.
Not sure what the first question is about?

If it wasn't clear, my "conspiracy" was a joke ;)

And I was almost asking for the scum qt...but seeing that Uite got lynched D1 I can't imagine a lot of fruitful information coming out of that one.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Uite »

Dekes wrote:And I was almost asking for the scum qt...but seeing that Uite got lynched D1 I can't imagine a lot of fruitful information coming out of that one.
It's mostly in Dutch anyway, and yeah, it doesn't contain much besides us getting a grip on our roles. CES being a lightning rod was
really
screwy.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Dekes »

Uite wrote:It's mostly in Dutch anyway,
That's not a problem actually. I grew up and I'm residing currently approximately 15 km from the Dutch border ;)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:13 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Fin
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal