Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by singersigner »

Sims: I didn't like Gud's reaction to AGar in the first place, but combine that with his view on people's playstyle and his vote on you with no explanation. Looks rather opportunistic to me.

Thor: I feel as though sims was the one overreacting and CA was only pointing out flaws in sims logic, perhaps more aggressively than sim is used to on this site.
caps lock doesn't equate to awesome - it equates to yelling.
HIMYNAMEISFATEANDI'MOBNOXIOUS.

qft.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@singer - Shhhh, Fate is special.

Also, if you could see sims as overreacting why do you think it's strange that Gud would vote him after the overreaction?
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

@Mod:
My internet has been fixed
Thor665 wrote:And because last to post is not only pase' it's also totally ignoring the two larger wagons that were already rampaging around and I dislike players who try to slow down the exit of the RVS.
Why'd you feel a need to ask my reasoning on Rhinox and not really have any issues whatsoever with my primary suspicion reasoning on AGar which, though explained, was most assuredly flimsy?
AGar wrote:I'm with Thor on this one. Questioning the reasoning of one but not the other, suspiciously selective.
Why do we have talk about every single player at the same time?
sims5487 wrote:
Unvote: Rhinox
Vote: AGar
because I know him IRL and he is SUPER SCUMMY.
Why random vote when we aren't in random anymore?
sims5487 wrote:
1: WOAH! Holy smokes, are you for real right now? Firstly, who said I was trying to continue the RVS? Reading into my posts a bit much, aren't you?

2: But then again, what's wrong with continuing RVS? We're only a few days in, my friend, and right now there is little to go on despite the nonsense that CC & SS are throwing around. Additionally, just "knowing" there's a serious conversation going on doesn't mean I should go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through, no?
1: Clear scum overreaction
2: If we would random vote each other every day then we might as well random out who wins the game
Vote sims5487

sims5487 wrote:What? That was hardly an overreaction. I think maybe you're the one overreacting, no?
^*Scummy self-contradiction*^
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Powerrox93 wrote:Why do we have talk about every single player at the same time?
I read this, twice. The second time I stuck a pipe in my mouth and stroked my beard while going 'Hmmmm?' which is scientifically proven to give you more intelligence. I still couldn't spot you actually answering the question of why you were more concerned by the Rhinox comment than the AGar vote - and, in fact, I'm pretty sure you answered a question with a question as a form of deflection which is a connection to thy scummy complexion.

That was a beatnik style scum accusation there - try to shake it off.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Sorry mod
Unvote
Vote sims5487
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by singersigner »

Thor665 wrote:@singer - Shhhh, Fate is special.

Also, if you could see sims as overreacting why do you think it's strange that Gud would vote him after the overreaction?
I interpreted it as a newb distraught over people misunderstanding their intentions. Gud never gave a reason for his vote, so I'm curious as to how exactly he interpreted it. Or if he was just leaving it up to other people to figure out so he could tag along with them. Hence, why I feel it's opportunistic.

Powerrox: It's not a self-contradiction if he never said it was overreacting to begin with.

I like tomatoes.
Blood Queen
Blood Queen
Townie
Blood Queen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Blood Queen »

Not into the Power-votes.
Anyway, Thor, why did you single Rhinox out when there were other players who also didn't comment on the 'two bigger' wagons?

@Guderian
The day that I'm nervous during RVS is the day that I'm an all powerful role that can make my team instant win, while I have the disadvantage of needing only one vote to get lynched. The only thing that bothers me is when somebody is trying to be more queeny than I am.
I have no idea how you get the impression that I tried to become Queen Popular. I'm the type of person who enters a real-life game show in order to win it and not to make friends, who lets viewers enjoy my bitch comments.
I tried to escape notice? You're saying that in the RVS?

Anyway, commenting on your answer to AGar's question. Why do you think I'm 'silent'-scum and not 'silent'-town?

On to AGar. Why did you mention policy and meta if you normally don't do so? And what's in it for scum-Thor to not mention it?
Also, could you still answer my question in post 40 for clarification?

As for the Carrot VS Singer discussion, Singer wins, but that doesn't mean to me that Carrot is scum.

To both AGar and Thor, both of you state that Power singled Rhinox out by only asking Thor about his reasons for wanting to lynch Rhinox, while 'ignoring' the reasons against AGar. However, Carrot does the same and both of you don't mention how scummy that is from Carrot? How come?

Agreed with Rhinox his question against AGar.

Not liking Confid's vote against sims. It's based upon sims not commenting on anything that has happened so far, but in the same post in which Confid votes sims, he doesn't mention the Carrot VS Singer discussion or the AGar VS Guderian debate either.
But the way Confid argues with sims come across as genuine. Gut town read on sims.

Back to Thor. You mentioned at the start that you don't like it when players try to keep the RVS going. So how come no mentioning of sims random vote that started the Confid VS sims arguements?

Not too thrilled about Power's last post, mainly due to him stretching what sims has said.

Anyway,
unvote; vote AGar
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Blood Queen wrote:Not into the Power-votes.
[snip]
Not too thrilled about Power's last post, mainly due to him stretching what sims has said.
Just wanted to put these next to each other to see if they made more sense together then at the beginning and end of a post.
Blood Queen wrote:Anyway, Thor, why did you single Rhinox out when there were other players who also didn't comment on the 'two bigger' wagons?
Well, for that and also for playing the 'last to post card', as I said, I am not a fan of it. What other players would you like us to be discussing?
Blood Queen wrote:To both AGar and Thor, both of you state that Power singled Rhinox out by only asking Thor about his reasons for wanting to lynch Rhinox, while 'ignoring' the reasons against AGar. However, Carrot does the same and both of you don't mention how scummy that is from Carrot? How come?
Because Carrot's comment came after the Rhinox comment and our reactions to it (or at least mine) and included a note that proved Carrot was aware of that situation but still wanted the question answered, and therefore was totally different than what Rhinox did.
Blood Queen wrote:Back to Thor. You mentioned at the start that you don't like it when players try to keep the RVS going. So how come no mentioning of sims random vote that started the Confid VS sims arguements?
Because there was nothing further I could add that was worth posting about it. Also, note that after it was all over I commented that I thought Confid was more townish - almost as though I thought what he was doing was pro-town and I agreed with it...I dunno, there might be a connection there. I'll get back to you if I figure out what.

@BloodQueen - what do you think about Rhinox dodging the question I leveled at him twice now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

^^^
Not Rhinox - Powerrox - one of the 'ox's' at the very least.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by singersigner »

Blood Queen wrote:Not liking Confid's vote against sims. It's based upon sims not commenting on anything that has happened so far, but in the same post in which Confid votes sims, he doesn't mention the Carrot VS Singer discussion or the AGar VS Guderian debate either.
I actually agree with this. There were at least three/four other people (minus me and CC) who at least acknowledged the debate w/plans on commenting on it later, including Sims who promised something on it...whereas as CA himself had no comments on "the bigger debate at hand" and votes Sims for fluff and RVS.
Back to Thor. You mentioned at the start that you don't like it when players try to keep the RVS going. So how come no mentioning of sims random vote that started the Confid VS sims arguements?
Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's cause for concern.
This.
Anyway,
unvote; vote AGar
What was the ultimate cause of this vote?
Powerrox93 wrote:
Thor665 wrote:And because last to post is not only pase' it's also totally ignoring the two larger wagons that were already rampaging around and I dislike players who try to slow down the exit of the RVS.
Why'd you feel a need to ask my reasoning on Rhinox and not really have any issues whatsoever with my primary suspicion reasoning on AGar which, though explained, was most assuredly flimsy?
AGar wrote:I'm with Thor on this one. Questioning the reasoning of one but not the other, suspiciously selective.
Why do we have talk about every single player at the same time?
Because overlooking one person for doing something scummy, while pointing someone else out for doing the same thing is called playing favorites.
Powerrox93 wrote:
sims5487 wrote:
Why random vote when we aren't in random anymore?
[/quote]Says you. I happen to like my random vote, and I'll be damned if I let some debate take that away from me.

I like tomatoes.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by AGar »

sims5487 wrote:Sorry all, lots of work yesterday so I am just getting to all this now. However in the meantime I am going to

But I am also reading his stuff on Gud and the SS/CC nonsense so I'll be back with my thoughts on that in a bit.
Hi Ryan (I presume).
Rhinox wrote:But my question is... why isn't AGar voting Gud if gud is "sooooo scummy it hurts"? Especially considering
AGar wrote:Thor, you're point on Powerrox still stands, but this latest greatest development is much more fruitful I think.
I didn't change my vote????

Gah. Bollocks, I say.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Guderian

@Gud
Yes, I set my case up with a one-liner. :roll: The quote there is pretty self-explanatory. You're side-stepping taking a stance.

@Gud, 2.0
The point of my question wasn't to say all scum are in your face. The point was to make you take into consideration that scum don't fit one damn stereotype, and you're scummy for trying to fit one stereotype to find your scum.

Don't hate. On Fate. Fate's awesome. And usually very perceptive. Good weapon to have as town.

There is scum in the mix of Gud/BQ/PR/sims. Potentially multiple. Possibly all, not likely. The wagons evened out too quickly, like "Oh shit, no bus, no bus."

I'm leaning sims & BQ. If a third, Gud.

Wagons are 4-4 atm (me/Sims).

Go BQ first. If BQ flips scum, then Sims.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BloodQueen

Leaning town on CA.
Gud can wait for now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by AGar »

Thread needs more rainbows.

Looks at Reckamonic.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:31 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Blood Queen wrote:Not liking Confid's vote against sims. It's based upon sims not commenting on anything that has happened so far, but in the same post in which Confid votes sims, he doesn't mention the Carrot VS Singer discussion or the AGar VS Guderian debate either.
But the way Confid argues with sims come across as genuine. Gut town read on sims.
It's somewhat based on that, but more so on the fact that it read, to me, as a post made for the sake of posting. I translate it to "I don't have much to say about the SS vs. CC discussion, but I don't want to appear as if I am lurking, so I'll throw in a random vote and promise to get to things later."

The overreaction does strike me as a new player, and thus a nulltell . . . but I don't like the need to keep up appearances demonstrated in the post which I first commented on. It seems to me as something that newb-scum would try to pull.
AGar wrote:Go BQ first. If BQ flips scum, then Sims.
What leads you to connect Blood Queen to sims?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Use your enemy's hand to catch a snake.
Persian Proverb

Vote Count
Day 1 Vote Count (#5)

sims5487
- 4 (Rhinox, ConfidAnon, Guderian, Powerrox03)

AGar
- 4 (Reckamonic, Seraphim, sims5487, Blood Queen)

singersigner
- 1 (Carrotcake)

Powerrox93
- 1 (Thor665)

Guderian
- 1 (singersigner)

Blood Queen
- 1 (AGar)

Not Voting
- 0 ()

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for December 21st, 2010 at 1:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
[/area]
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:53 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Prodding Seraphim.

Keep up the posting. A reminder that it's 2 days without posting for a prod, and 3 prods means a force replace.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:01 am

Post by sims5487 »

Thor665 wrote:He needs to learn that caps lock doesn't equate to awesome - it equates to yelling.
Ugh. Please don't talk to me (or in this case,
about
me, as though I can't read your post) like an idiot or a child -- it gets neither of us anywhere, in this game or in general.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 am

Post by sims5487 »

AGar - You presume correctly.

Sorry for stirring the waters everybody. I would like the point out that as suspicious as my (apparent) overreaction may seem to you, there is something to be said for an overreaction to an overreaction (not to get too circular here). Which is the point I was trying to make about confid.

Confid your argument is weak. Checking in with a post is hardly a scum tell, it's staying active in the game. I think maybe it's a fair argument to make, but on its own it lacks substance. That is why I "overreacted". I was surprised that you would consider something like that a scum tell.

AGar I'm still not sure what your case is on BQ. You've been awfully quiet, save for your initial "vote" on Gud (whom you conveniently forgot to actually vote for...)

I'm also not a fan of Power jumping on the anti-me bandwagon by just simply restating all the aforementioned weak arguments. Making an RVS vote when we were "clearly" out of RVS stage was perhaps a newb mistake (even though I still see nothing wrong with it as I hadn't, at that point, had much information to go on for anything), but to blow it up into such a big thing is suspicious and opportunistic.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

sims5487 wrote:there is something to be said for an overreaction to an overreaction (not to get too circular here). Which is the point I was trying to make about confid.
That might be true - but I don't think anyone besides you took his responses as an overreaction

Saying that this "is the point [you were] trying to make about Confid" strikes me as somewhat revisionist. You were making the point that he overreacted - now that people are saying you overreacted you appear to have a new storyline in place. Thoughts?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 am

Post by sims5487 »

Thor665 wrote:Saying that this "is the point [you were] trying to make about Confid" strikes me as somewhat revisionist. You were making the point that he overreacted - now that people are saying you overreacted you appear to have a new storyline in place. Thoughts?
How so? I made the argument that Confid overreacted to my "overreaction" and I still believe that. In regards to everyone
else
saying I was indeed overreacting (which I still don't think I was doing), I merely acknowledged that and apologized. So nothing's changed here.
Blood Queen
Blood Queen
Townie
Blood Queen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Blood Queen »

@Thor
First, my comments that seem contradictory in your opinion. That's wrong. My first comment about the Power-votes were about the votes against him from you and AGar. I disagree with the reason behind it. As for the second statement, that's about Power's last post. In other words, the two statements are about two different happenings.

I'm not saying you should discuss other players for the same reasons for mentioning Rhinox, as I disagree with it. However, it's odd to me to only mention Rhinox. So what's different about the 'last to post reason' when comparing it to different random vote reasons?

As for the part about Confid VS Sims, it's rather strange to mention that one seemed more townish, instead of mentioning that the other looked scummier.

As you can see from my previous post, I mentioned 'mainly' while I was talking about Power's post. Dodging your question could eventually be added, however, I can see how his post does answer it. So I'm waiting for him to respond to our accusations.

@Singer
Please look back at Thor's posts. At one point, he mentions that he wouldn't mind lynching Rhinox. Part about it is for keeping the RVS up.
As you can see, most points against AGar also goes for Thor. However, one point doesn't. That one and gut make the difference between the two. AGar fully denying to explain anything, doesn't help him at all.

With that said, wanna respond to my previous post, AGar?
Other than that, there's one more thing against AGar:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Vote Count
Day 1 Vote Count (#5)

sims5487
- 4 (Rhinox, ConfidAnon, Guderian, Powerrox03)

AGar
- 4 (Reckamonic, Seraphim, sims5487, Blood Queen)[/area]
You mentioned the wagons, right? Shall we look more closely?
From the 4 votes against Sims, the vote from Rhinox is a Random Vote.
From the 4 votes against you, Dramonerx, Seraphim and sims are all Random Votes.
Leaving Sims with 3 serious votes and you with 1 serious vote. Wanna try that again?

Last, Thor, what do you think of post 110?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

Let's try this another way - at least 3 players or so believe you were the one who overreacted.
You are advancing that overreactions are scumtells and want us to look at Confid because he overreacted.
If we believe overreactions are scumtells why should we bother looking at Confid instead of you?
Things have changed and you're not noticing.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

Blood Queen wrote:So what's different about the 'last to post reason' when comparing it to different random vote reasons?
Because it tries to masquerade as a semi-valid point while just being RVS nothingness.
Blood Queen wrote:As for the part about Confid VS Sims, it's rather strange to mention that one seemed more townish, instead of mentioning that the other looked scummier.
I'm not sure I believe that sims looks scummier because of that. I do believe Confid looks townier.
Blood Queen wrote:Last, Thor, what do you think of post 110?
Not fond of the Gud vote to immediately switch it to a Blood Queen vote which looks like a dodge of that issue. That said he maintains Gud suspicion so it doesn't feel home run.
Other than that I have no real issues or thoughts about it dependent on AGar's next few posts. I consider it in line with the way he usually plays/thinks. You're correct in noting it feels like an incomplete thought.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 am

Post by AGar »

ConfidAnon wrote:
It's somewhat based on that, but more so on the fact that it read, to me, as a post made for the sake of posting. I translate it to "I don't have much to say about the SS vs. CC discussion, but I don't want to appear as if I am lurking, so I'll throw in a random vote and promise to get to things later."

The overreaction does strike me as a new player, and thus a nulltell . . . but I don't like the need to keep up appearances demonstrated in the post which I first commented on. It seems to me as something that newb-scum would try to pull.
AGar wrote:Go BQ first. If BQ flips scum, then Sims.
What leads you to connect Blood Queen to sims?
Sims wagon was at 4, mine was at 3 and had recently pulled ahead. BQ, while posting about everything else, stuck her vote on my wagon, bringing them back to a tie scenario. If I had to pick out 3, I'd say sims was their scum buddy, Gud put a 3rd vote on him to look like a bit of pressure, PR (town in this scenario) puts his vote on sims to make it 4 and then BQ panics at the wagon actually pulling ahead and votes me to tie them back up.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 am

Post by AGar »

Also, where have I "fully denied to explain anything"?

I've been quite transparent, I thought. It doesn't take rocket science to look at the Gud quote and be like "Wow, he's completely sidestepping taking a stance right here."

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Hey guys! We'll get something up this weekend sometime. Good reasons. Promise.
._.
meeeeeeep?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”