Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by singersigner »

^^That must've been the game we were scum partners in. By god that caught me at a bad time. He sure was a trooper, though.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Guderian »

Yeah I read that game, it was highly entertaining, two scum vs an entire village and one scum lynched day one. (who I guess was singersinger)

Thor did you mean to say 1/2 or 2/2?

singer what did you make of agars question? Actually, this question is open to all.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@singer - I do have many troop-like qualities.

Why are you not voting Powerrox?

@Gud - I meant 1 and 1, as in one win and one loss. I also won ReBoot Mafia as prominent scum in addition to my 'atta boy performance in the mini with singer.
And to answer your open to all question - AGar's question was really an extra ding at me since he was in ReBoot and really probably doesn't want me doing that to him again (or he's scum and this is a double-blind switch of WIFOM). I take it as him trying to serve notice on me and also get a read on you at the same time - which is functional and stylish though I'm not sure how much info it will actually glean for him.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by AGar »

Thor665 wrote:I've actually been scum twice and prominent scum twice and have gone 1/1 with the tactic. I do consider it the superior scum tactic though - otherwise I wouldn't use it.

@AGar - when did you take a meta position in this game?
Policy on singersigner is solely based off a past game.

@gud - I mean you seem to think scum will maintain an appearance of "coasting" and sitting in the background. What's your opinion on scum who take the attention and the spotlight.

(Thor, I actually didn't mean it as a ding to you, I've just had more success with it, so I see it as more viable as well, and question when people solely focus on those "cruising")
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hmmm, and actually I'm 2-1-0 as scum, I'd forgotten that Dr. Horrible Game. I was prominent scum then as well.

@AGar - policy is policy and meta is meta. I suppose I can accept that meta leads to the idea of policy - but really that's just a policy lynch, not a meta lynch now isn't it? Also, the reason the strategy is successful is because people focus on the cruising players first. They tend to be weaker players as it were and that's why scum and town can hunt there easier. Also, let's be honest, somebody needs to be the VI and the counterwagon Day 1 - otherwise nothing would happen.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

Thor665 wrote:
Reckamonic wrote:EBWOP: Ah, yes you did. That's the one where Reck Smurfed up completely and modkilled you.
Just so long as you're saying it and not me ;) (that said, I'm pretty sure I recall the newbies were frothing around me anyway, so I was probably lynched no matter what)
AGar wrote:Extreme inability to present herself in a way that is coherent and readable for fellow town-members resulting in potential liability of a mislynch in key scenarios.
Wow, I don't even get a jab at me for voting you and mentioning the killing times when I killed you via death?

AGar is dodging me, he knows I'll be able to spot his scum game!

I could also probably lynch Rhinox pretty happily.
*snip*
My beard is awesome
The god of thunder indeed.
Your vote against powerrox not withstanding, why would you be happy with a Rhino lynch?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by singersigner »

Thor, I find you much more entertaining after I read our mafia QT after I was lynched and you kept posting your thoughts in it. Twas fantastical.

Gud...are you asking what I make of AGar asking the question? Or asking how relevant I feel the question is in it of itself?

I like tomatoes.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Guderian »

agar, I dont think I ever said that scum would sit back and take a role of 'coasting'.

Your question is intrinsically flawed, because I don't know who is the scum until we either lynch them all or the game is over and so I wont know if they were scum and 'taking the attention' or town and 'taking the attention'. Personally, I dont really care how scum or town play their games.

(I'm not even quite sure what you mean by taking the spotlight. Do you mean post a lot, or have prominent cases, or lead lynches....)

Usually though, in my experience, scum teams boil down to this, whether through choice or nature:
A loud one
A thoughful one
A quiet one

Thor, are you implying I latched my vote on to some sort of VI or whatnot?

also, hi carrot! It looks like because his manly beard is so awesome, he can support many lynches. I approve.

preview: Both actually. Why did he make the question, what the question about, and you could answer it yourself if you want.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by singersigner »

Before I justify your request by answering it, why do you feel the need to single me out? (yes I realize you then opened it up to the rest of the players)

and to clarify, you mean this one, right?
AGar wrote:Guderian, what is your opinion on scum who try and steal the limelight?

I like tomatoes.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Guderian »

because you were the post above me :).

thats the one.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

Well, since I can't speak for AGar, I'm just assuming he was responding to your
I got the feeling from just a few of your posts you seemed nervous, wanted to make friends and escape notice.
It seemed as though you just assume that scum do that, and I, for one don't feel as though that's ever the case. In fact, I think AGar can attest to the fact that my first newbie game had a very outspoken scum who won the game because I was rubbish and didn't know how to deal with it. I don't think it was an unjustified question at all, which is making me wonder why you care so much about it. It only became "mildly unreasonable" (where I can agree with you that you have no idea who is doing what until the end of the game) when you couldn't answer it the first time.

Why don't you care how scum or town play? Does that not affect your decisions and/or ability to play the game more effectively? For example, the game you say you watched with me and Thor...I didn't take well at all to his sarcasm and boisterous personality, which inherently got me lynched D1 because I was more concerned with his playstyle than the game itself.

I have a new question for you: how will you react to a playstyle you disagree with, but is proven to be effective?

I like tomatoes.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

singersigner wrote:Before I justify your request by answering it
, why do you feel the need to single me out?
, (yes I realize you then opened it up to the rest of the players)

AGar wrote:Guderian, what is your opinion on scum who try and steal the limelight?
1: This is extremely strange. Why reserve the option to declare an innocuous question invalid. You are playing like clam - perfectly content with chatting about another game irrelevant to our current state , and consequently ostracizing those that can not relate. All the while being
overly
defensive. This is groundwork for active lurking and I don't like it.

2: What motivations could he possibly have for
singling you out
? This isn't a theme game. You have magically created a deflecting argument when there is scant a trace of hostility against you. What else could this be but a sense of self preservation too sharp to be helpful to the town.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by singersigner »

Um...I answered the question, dude...

I like tomatoes.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

singersigner wrote:Um...I answered the question, dude...
I'm not on to you because the question is left unanswered. I'm on to you because of the sheer, irrational fear that has surfaced immediately before you answered. And the clues it dropped on how you plan to play this game.

What motivations could he possibly have had for singling you out?
What do you think of people who don't answer the simplest, and most harmless questions readily? You'd have to plow through constant deflections to get anything pertaining to the game out of them. But on the other hand are just overflowing with ideas on things that have nothing to do with this particular game.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by singersigner »

But in any case, you bring up a strongly opinionated argument:
Carrotcake wrote:
singersigner wrote:Before I justify your request by answering it
, why do you feel the need to single me out?
, (yes I realize you then opened it up to the rest of the players)

1: This is extremely strange. Why reserve the option to declare an innocuous question invalid. You are playing like clam - perfectly content with chatting about another game irrelevant to our current state , and consequently ostracizing those that can not relate. All the while being
overly
defensive. This is groundwork for active lurking and I don't like it.

2: What motivations could he possibly have for
singling you out
? This isn't a theme game. You have magically created a deflecting argument when there is scant a trace of hostility against you. What else could this be but a sense of self preservation too sharp to be helpful to the town.
1. That was my way of acknowledging that I actually had a reason for not answering it right away. Can you explain how you see that as "overly defensive"?
2. That's exactly what I was asking. I meant exactly what I asked...why was he singling my name out of all the others. I felt his response was quite valid if you ask me. Especially when he qualified it with "this is open to everyone." I suppose it should've read "is there any reason the question was directed at me first?"

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

Carrotcake wrote:What do you think of people who don't answer the simplest, and most harmless questions readily? You'd have to plow through constant deflections to get anything pertaining to the game out of them. But on the other hand are just overflowing with ideas on things that have nothing to do with this particular game.
I don't appreciate people who can't answer questions/actively avoid them, without good reason for doing so. I wanted to know if there was any reason he specifically questioned me first before I felt comfortable asking a question he seemed to have problems with himself.

I'm wondering if you feel left out because Thor, Gud, and I, all know which game we're talking about, and you don't. You seem awfully bent on ridding us of simple banter in just the opening stage of the game.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by singersigner »

Did you think that was a harmless question he asked? Or potentially loaded?

I like tomatoes.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

1. That was my way of acknowledging that I actually had a reason for not answering it right away. Can you explain how you see that as "overly defensive"?
2. That's exactly what I was asking. I meant exactly what I asked...why was he singling my name out of all the others. I felt his response was quite valid if you ask me. Especially when he qualified it with "this is open to everyone." I suppose it should've read "is there any reason the question was directed at me first?"
1.) What is your reason for not answering it right away, exactly? You didn't state it in the post. You would be ashamed the admit it. For your reason is: "I would like as little attention on me as possible. I would prefer to ask, rather than answer. I don't want to risk being lynched at all. I don't want to scum-hunt. I want to survive. By answering a question it would derail my ideal game-plan and shatter my fantasy".

2.) Try to answer your own questions before asking them. I can't answer for him, but notice that I'm singling you out.
a.) Clams have pearls within. If you are scum, then you will break beautifully. And you probably will.
b.) You are online, hurray!

I ask you again, look within yourself. Actually, pretend you aren't singer but a neutral third party.
What alignment specific motivation could exist so that you would single someone out on day one, when you have no information at all.
This is important. It highlights how this question is primarily deflection. A question you don't expect answered. But you'll rage if it isn't answered anyways.

3.) I've come to forgive your guy's prattle for now. But it's special with you. There is a stark contrast between your willingness for banter, and unwillingness to be involved in this game.

4.) You keep replying while I type. And you deflect questions by creating your own hollow ones.
Why reserve the option to declare an innocuous question invalid.
Did I not answer your question, before you even asked for it.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

VOTE: singersinger
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ah, you're right. You did imply that.

So what's your reasoning for not answering his question?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by singersigner »

Carrotcake wrote:
1.) What is your reason for not answering it right away, exactly? You didn't state it in the post. You would be ashamed the admit it. For your reason is: "I would like as little attention on me as possible. I would prefer to ask, rather than answer. I don't want to risk being lynched at all. I don't want to scum-hunt. I want to survive. By answering a question it would derail my ideal game-plan and shatter my fantasy".

2.) Try to answer your own questions before asking them. I can't answer for him, but notice that I'm singling you out.
a.) Clams have pearls within. If you are scum, then you will break beautifully. And you probably will.
b.) You are online, hurray!

I ask you again, look within yourself. Actually, pretend you aren't singer but a neutral third party.
What alignment specific motivation could exist so that you would single someone out on day one, when you have no information at all.
This is important. It highlights how this question is primarily deflection. A question you don't expect answered. But you'll rage if it isn't answered anyways.

3.) I've come to forgive your guy's prattle for now. But it's special with you. There is a stark contrast between your willingness for banter, and unwillingness to be involved in this game.

4.) You keep replying while I type. And you deflect questions by creating your own hollow ones.
Why reserve the option to declare an innocuous question invalid.
Did I not answer your question, before you even asked for it.
1. Ahh, now see, that's the difference between wanting an honest answer from someone, and guiding them to the right one. I simply wanted to know if he had motivations for asking me in particular...he had none, as well as a reason why he might've "singled me out," and I am satisfied.
2. You're losing me with this clam metaphor...
If you played every town-aligned game to "what
scum
motivation does this person have?" do you think you would claim a town win every time? It doesn't necessarily matter if they had scum motivation. He had some motivation, and my reasoning for not answering the question yet was to find out what that was, first.
3. You're so kind.
4. I'm not aware of any questions I've deflected. You'll notice that you have yet to answer the "innocuous" question he asked earlier.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by singersigner »

Also, are you actually denying that he "singled me out"?

And honestly, I think the question was potentially loaded, since it seemed like he was looking for others' validation as to the innocence of AGar's question.

Also, your cute little "I would like as little attention on me as possible. I would prefer to ask, rather than answer. I don't want to risk being lynched at all. I don't want to scum-hunt. I want to survive. By answering a question it would derail my ideal game-plan and shatter my fantasy" is rather ironic considering you've spent so much effort focusing on how I waited for one more clarification before I answered the question, and you have yet to answer it.

This is noted.

I like tomatoes.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

My answer: I believe that personality, that is, outspoken against introverted, is irrelevant. As it stands independently from alignment. You aren't introverted. You were afraid. Fear is connected with roles. That question is based on a faulty assumption, that it's generally accepted that scum post less than town. I don't feel like talking so much about game theory, especially considering I've typed quite a bit today.

Also, are you actually denying that he "singled me out"
?

And honestly, I think the question was potentially loaded, since it seemed like he was looking for others' validation as to the innocence of AGar's question.

Also, your cute little "I would like as little attention on me as possible. I would prefer to ask, rather than answer. I don't want to risk being lynched at all. I don't want to scum-hunt. I want to survive. By answering a question it would derail my ideal game-plan and shatter my fantasy" is rather ironic considering you've spent so much effort focusing on how I waited for one more clarification before I answered the question, and you have yet to answer it.

This is noted.
1: Where did you get that? I've made no such denial. You seem to be in the habit of seeing threats that don't exist.
2: "It's loaded because by answering it you imply that it isn't loaded." Please clarify. This makes no sense.
3: There is a difference between the fact that I didn't immediately answer the question, and the fact that you exaggerated an unwillingness to answer it. The real irony here is that you continue this question spam is deflection.
1. Ahh, now see, that's the difference between wanting an honest answer from someone, and guiding them to the right one. I simply wanted to know i
f he had motivations for asking me in particular...he had none,
as well as a reason why he might've "singled me out,"
and I am satisfied.

If you played every town-aligned game to "what scum motivation does this person have?" do you think you would claim a town win every time? It doesn't necessarily matter if they had scum motivation.
He had some motivation
, and my reasoning for not answering the question yet was to find out what that was, first.
3. You're so kind.

4. I'm not aware of any questions I've deflected. You'll notice that you have yet to answer the "innocuous" question he asked earlier.
1: By asking "why me?". And then being relieved by reply of "I dunno lol". You would be relieved? What else could this be but a sign of fear.
2: I've called your overdeveloped sense of self preservation clammy before. Because you know, a clam is hard and closed and stuff. Don't worry
, I'll try to talk more simply from now on.

3: Sarcasm is the perfect substitute to an actual response.
Derp.
My point stands. Your selective approach on communicating isn't a joke.
4:

I. You know he has a motivation
II. You are satisfied that he didn't have a reason

Am I getting dizzy, or are you contradicting yourself?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'm wondering...if this is all a ploy...to see if I get riled up...over hypocrisy and misrepresentations...head...hurts...brain...bleeding...

I'm tired, so I'm going to bed, but here:
Carrotcake wrote:My answer: I believe that personality, that is, outspoken against introverted, is irrelevant. As it stands independently from alignment. You aren't introverted. You were afraid. Fear is connected with roles. That question is based on a faulty assumption, that it's generally accepted that scum post less than town. I don't feel like talking so much about game theory, especially considering I've typed quite a bit today.
singersigner wrote:Also, are you actually denying that he "singled me out"
?

This is noted.
1: Where did you get that? I've made no such denial. You seem to be in the habit of seeing threats that don't exist.
2: "It's loaded because by answering it you imply that it isn't loaded." Please clarify. This makes no sense.
3: There is a difference between the fact that I didn't immediately answer the question, and the fact that you exaggerated an unwillingness to answer it. The real irony here is that you continue this question spam is deflection.
1. By claiming that my statement that he singled me out was uncalled for, you implied that you disagreed. When you questioned what his motivation for "singling" anyone out D1 was, you again implied that you disagreed this is what he was doing. Why was it so wrong that I was questioning him, when here you can't admit that you didn't actually think he was singling me out?
2. What? Are those quotes implying that's what I meant? Answering loaded questions are at the discretion of the individual. I was wondering if that was your reasoning for not having answered yet. I'm still not quite sure if you answered the question he was actually asking. Seemed a little jilted to me...
3. Misrep: I wouldn't say it was exaggerated OR unwilling to answer. Especially since I didn't need someone questioning me time and time again to answer it. You however, barely acknowledged it beyond my clarification post, and had yet to answer until I asked you about it at least twice beyond the original question he posted.
Carrotcake wrote:
singersigner wrote:1. Ahh, now see, that's the difference between wanting an honest answer from someone, and guiding them to the right one. I simply wanted to know i
f he had motivations for asking me in particular...he had none,
as well as a reason why he might've "singled me out,"
and I am satisfied.

If you played every town-aligned game to "what scum motivation does this person have?" do you think you would claim a town win every time? It doesn't necessarily matter if they had scum motivation.
He had some motivation
, and my reasoning for not answering the question yet was to find out what that was, first.
3. You're so kind.

1: By asking "why me?". And then being relieved by reply of "I dunno lol". You would be relieved? What else could this be but a sign of fear.
2: I've called your overdeveloped sense of self preservation clammy before. Because you know, a clam is hard and closed and stuff. Don't worry
, I'll try to talk more simply from now on.

3: Sarcasm is the perfect substitute to an actual response.
Derp.
My point stands. Your selective approach on communicating isn't a joke.
4:

I. You know he has a motivation
II. You are satisfied that he didn't have a reason

Am I getting dizzy, or are you contradicting yourself?
1. I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here. But you seem to be confused at what I said, so let me say it again: he didn't have motivation for asking me individually (which was clear by his opening the question up to everyone), explained why he only singled out my name, and then I was satisfied. What about that didn't make sense to you?
2. Another misrep: I'd really like to know how you read so much into this "overly developed sense of self-preservation" which I still cannot seem to grasp where you got that from. Your sarcasm is noted though.
3. Oh look...who said what about sarcasm^ now?
4. Excuse me. He had some motivation
for asking the question in the first place
." I was looking for
Reason
as to why my name was singled out.

I'm actually bringing this back, because I found yet another misrep:
Carrotcake wrote:3.) I've come to forgive your guy's prattle for now. But it's special with you. There is a stark contrast between your willingness for banter, and unwillingness to be involved in this game.
Does is strike anyone else as odd that he very specifically says I'm unwilling to be involved in this game?

I really think you're getting dizzy. VOTE: Carrotcake. Can we lynch scum now?

I like tomatoes.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:21 am

Post by AGar »

I'm gonna read the SS/CC back-and-forth in a minute, but Gud needs to hang. Now.

Post #57 is straight up :scumposting:

Key line:
Guderan wrote:Your question is intrinsically flawed, because I don't know who is the scum until we either lynch them all or the game is over and so I wont know if they were scum and 'taking the attention' or town and 'taking the attention'.
Bam.

He then goes on to set up a specific meta-type for a 3 man scum-team's potential behavior.

It's sooooo scummy it hurts.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”