Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 am

Post by AGar »

Now to SS/CC.

Wooo one-liner PBPA for this. This is a TL;DR for everyone who wants it.

#61 is bad. Being overly defensive is groundwork for... active lurking? And why would this being a theme game or not matter. He did single her out at first, then qualify it to the rest of the group. (CC)
#62 ignores the points of #61 (SS)
#63 blows things out of proportion. Seriously. "sheer, irrational fear"?(CC)
#64 is meh. Logical response. (SS)
#65 is theory discussion with a slight hint of insult. (SS)
#66 is an odd retort. (SS)
#67 takes a lot of huge stretches, and is overall, a bad case. (CC)
#68 is a bad vote based on a bad case. (CC)
#69 is unimportant acknowledgment. (SS)
#70 is pure defense, of the Chicago Bears variety. (SS)
#71 is a sharp retort, bringing up a decently valid point. (SS)
#72 is pretty much all ad-hom (CC)
#73 is pretty much OMGUS with a hint of a case of "The case on me is wrong. Scum push wrong cases." (SS)

The better option here is that both of you two stop spamming around the useless nonsense and instead vote for Gud, who is actually scum.

Thor, you're point on Powerrox still stands, but this latest greatest development is much more fruitful I think.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 am

Post by sims5487 »

Sorry all, lots of work yesterday so I am just getting to all this now. However in the meantime I am going to

Unvote: Rhinox
Vote: AGar
because I know him IRL and he is SUPER SCUMMY.

But I am also reading his stuff on Gud and the SS/CC nonsense so I'll be back with my thoughts on that in a bit.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:55 am

Post by Guderian »

Bam.

He then goes on to set up a specific meta-type for a 3 man scum-team's potential behavior.

It's sooooo scummy it hurts.
Bam.

He uses a one liner to make a case.

Its sooooo scummy it hurts /sarcasm.

What exactly is 'soooo' scummy about my post? Would you mind detailing it beyond one line.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:56 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Prod checks tomorrow afternoon.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

For the record: In votecounts, a yellow name means L-3, an orange name means L-2, a red name means L-1, and black means a lynched player.

Vote Count
Day 1 Vote Count (#4)

AGar
- 3 (Reckamonic, Seraphim, sims5487)

Reckamonic
- 2 (Blood Queen, Powerrox93)

singersigner
- 2 (ConfidAnon, Carrotcake)

Powerrox93
- 2 (Thor665, AGar)

Blood Queen
- 1 (Guderian)

sims5487
- 1 (Rhinox)

Carrotcake
- 1 (singersigner)

Not Voting
- 0 ()

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for December 21st, 2010 at 1:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
[/area]
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

ConfidAnon wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
vote: sims5487
for being the last to post.

Yay confid returns to the site :)
I keep getting drawn back even though I'm horrible.
Oh don't be so emo, you're fine. :P

------------------------

I see where AGar is going regarding Gud - AGar is suggesting that Gud's "tells" towards bloodqueen (seemed nervous, wanted to make friends and escape notice) aren't really scum tells at all because thats not how all scum act, sometimes they are loud, obnoxious, and in the center of everything.

Instead of considering that, gud responds with this:
Your question is intrinsically flawed
because I don't know who is the scum until we either lynch them all or the game is over and so I wont know if they were scum and 'taking the attention' or town and 'taking the attention'.
Personally,
I dont really care how scum or town play their games.
1: He accuses AGar for asking a flawed question.
2: Completely misses the entire point - the question had nothing to do with whether you think 'taking the attention' was a town or a scum tell, it specifically asked about scum who make themselves the center of attention.
and 3: says he doesn't care how scum or town play their games, not long after voting bloodqueen for playstyle arguments.

But my question is... why isn't AGar voting Gud if gud is "sooooo scummy it hurts"? Especially considering
AGar wrote:Thor, you're point on Powerrox still stands, but this latest greatest development is much more fruitful I think.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: AGar
Vote: Powerrox93
Attention MOD

Well then....

Sorry. First time modding. Thanks for letting me know =3

Carrotcake wrote:Your vote against powerrox not withstanding, why would you be happy with a Rhino lynch?
...read moar? I already answered this in the post I voted Powerrox in because he asked me functionally the same question - do you not understand the answer? Please narrow down your confusion or else all I can do is repeat what I've already said.
Rhinox wrote:But my question is... why isn't AGar voting Gud if gud is "sooooo scummy it hurts"? Especially considering
AGar wrote:Thor, you're point on Powerrox still stands, but this latest greatest development is much more fruitful I think.
This was actually exactly what I was going to ask. Town points for Rhinox for *being inside my head*.

@AGar - don't be scumz!
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Guderian »

1. I begin by calling out bloodqueen for minor 'tells' I consider scummy.
2. Agar considers these 'non-scummy' or 'townish'.
3. Ask a question in which he tries to subtly suggest that in fact scum are very prominent members of the town
4. I respond 'incorrectly' to the question because Im not sure what point he was driving at.
5. I am called scum.

So, what we have is a discrepancy on how we believe scum could or do act. I believe some are quiet and some are loud. He assumes all are loud (?? still unsure) and states this.

rhinox, and thor, I opened agars particular question up to everyone. You don't have to answer, but I am interesting in seeing how would you respond to that question.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

sims5487, 76 wrote:Sorry all, lots of work yesterday so I am just getting to all this now. However in the meantime I am going to

Unvote: Rhinox
Vote: AGar
because I know him IRL and he is SUPER SCUMMY.

But I am also reading his stuff on Gud and the SS/CC nonsense so I'll be back with my thoughts on that in a bit.
I don't like this. Why continue the RVS when we are clearly past it? Even if you haven't read up yet, you obviously know that there is more serious discussion going on. This post smells of not having much to say, but fear of being labelled a lurker causes you to make an unsubstantial post. I don't like the need to keep up appearances . . . it's more of a scum trait, I'd say.

Unvote, Vote: sims5487

Rhinox wrote:Oh don't be so emo, you're fine. :P
I'm 16 going on 17 (NO SONG JOKES). I still have the teenage angst card.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by sims5487 »

ConfidAnon wrote: I don't like this. Why continue the RVS when we are clearly past it? Even if you haven't read up yet, you obviously know that there is more serious discussion going on. This post smells of not having much to say, but fear of being labelled a lurker causes you to make an unsubstantial post. I don't like the need to keep up appearances . . . it's more of a scum trait, I'd say.
WOAH! Holy smokes, are you for real right now? Firstly, who said I was trying to continue the RVS? Reading into my posts a bit much, aren't you?

But then again, what's wrong with continuing RVS? We're only a few days in, my friend, and right now there is little to go on despite the nonsense that CC & SS are throwing around. Additionally, just "knowing" there's a serious conversation going on doesn't mean I should go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through, no?

Frankly I'd say your sudden desire to jump on my back about one post shows an eagerness to get a quick lynch. What you did just there is far more of a scum-tell than anything I just said, in my opinion...
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

sims wrote:
WOAH! Holy smokes, are you for real right now? Firstly, who said I was trying to continue the RVS? Reading into my posts a bit much, aren't you?

But then again, what's wrong with continuing RVS? We're only a few days in, my friend, and right now there is little to go on despite the nonsense that CC & SS are throwing around. Additionally, just "knowing" there's a serious conversation going on doesn't mean I should go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through, no?

Frankly I'd say your sudden desire to jump on my back about one post shows an eagerness to get a quick lynch. What you did just there is far more of a scum-tell than anything I just said, in my opinion...
(Added in the numbers for ease of reference.)

1. Nice overreaction. Your reason for voting AGar was "he's scummy in real life." I think (or at least, I
hope
) you meant that as a joke vote. Joke votes are only really acceptable in the RVS. Therefore, a joke vote when we've moved past that is a continuation of the RVS.

2. Wait. First you deny that you were continuing the RVS, and then defend the RVS. It's almost as if you want to cover yourself regardless of which stance players take. Little to go on besides that? You mentioned yourself that AGar has points on Gud. There are things, albeit not a large quantity of them because it is early, as you mentioned, to comment on. Joking around is fun, but it stifles productive discussion, and doing so while there are noteworthy events happening just clutters the thread. Your last sentence in this portion is interesting, considering you did go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through while knowing there's a serious conversation going on.

3. Where did you get the desire for a quick lynch from my post? There have been lots of votes cast in this game . . . does every voter want a quick lynch? I vote for who I find scummiest at the time, and your post was the scummiest thing I've seen. Your reaction is verification. But your hasty jump from one vote to someone wanting to quick lynch you is a poor argument, and makes you sound like you are flailing.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Guderian »

Unvote

Vote: sims
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Guderian wrote:1. I begin by calling out bloodqueen for minor 'tells' I consider scummy.
2. Agar considers these 'non-scummy' or 'townish'.
3. Ask a question in which he tries to subtly suggest that in fact scum are very prominent members of the town
4. I respond 'incorrectly' to the question because Im not sure what point he was driving at.
5. I am called scum.

So, what we have is a discrepancy on how we believe scum could or do act. I believe some are quiet and some are loud. He assumes all are loud (?? still unsure) and states this.

rhinox, and thor, I opened agars particular question up to everyone. You don't have to answer, but I am interesting in seeing how would you respond to that question.

You: vote: bloodqueen for trying to blend in because that's how I think scum act.
Agar: what aboutt scum who try to stick out?
You: whoa there scum can either stick out or blend in don't know for sure til they're dead why do you think all scum try to stick out?

Paraphrased for simplification since I'm on my phone. I think this highlights the issue well.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by sims5487 »

ConfidAnon wrote:Nice overreaction.
What? That was hardly an overreaction. I think maybe you're the one overreacting, no?
Your reason for voting AGar was "he's scummy in real life." I think (or at least, I
hope
) you meant that as a joke vote. Joke votes are only really acceptable in the RVS. Therefore, a joke vote when we've moved past that is a continuation of the RVS.

2. Wait. First you deny that you were continuing the RVS, and then defend the RVS. It's almost as if you want to cover yourself regardless of which stance players take.
Right, when I posted that, it was a joke intended to be RVS before I had read (and then realized) that serious allegations were being made. EXCUUUUSE ME.
Joking around is fun, but it stifles productive discussion, and doing so while there are noteworthy events happening just clutters the thread. Your last sentence in this portion is interesting, considering you did go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through while knowing there's a serious conversation going on.
Wow, talking about overreactions... It sounds to me like you found a person who made an innocuous joke and chose to grab the one hand-hold you have on me, because it's easy. You're attacking me just to attack me because you've got nothing else to go on right now. Seems a little presumptuous and trigger-happy to me. Which brings me to:
3. Where did you get the desire for a quick lynch from my post? There have been lots of votes cast in this game . . . does every voter want a quick lynch? I vote for who I find scummiest at the time, and your post was the scummiest thing I've seen. Your reaction is verification. But your hasty jump from one vote to someone wanting to quick lynch you is a poor argument, and makes you sound like you are flailing.
What? How is that flailing? There is a difference between flailing and defending myself against your vote because I feel like it's silly.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Guderian wrote:
Unvote

Interesting. And what's your reason?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

sims wrote:Right, when I posted that, it was a joke intended to be RVS before I had read (and then realized) that serious allegations were being made. EXCUUUUSE ME.
No it wasn't. You voted and mentioned the other things going on in the same post.
sims wrote:Wow, talking about overreactions... It sounds to me like you found a person who made an innocuous joke and chose to grab the one hand-hold you have on me, because it's easy. You're attacking me just to attack me because you've got nothing else to go on right now. Seems a little presumptuous and trigger-happy to me. Which brings me to:
Notice that this had nothing to do with the quoted segment. Your true that I have nothing else to go on, as nothing else has stricken me as particularly scummy up till this point. You are acting scummy, and I am pointing out what I find scummy. How is this presumptuous and trigger-happy?
sims wrote:What? How is that flailing? There is a difference between flailing and defending myself against your vote because I feel like it's silly.
By flailing, I mean overreacting and hasty logical leaps, both of which you are guilty of.

What is your mafia experience? Links to completed games would be helpful.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Ugh. Look, I am not going to try and defend myself for making a joke and pissing you off just because I was still in RVS when everyone else seemed to have moved on for what I see as weak reasons. And while I did acknowledge that there were serious conversations taking place I did also say I hadn't read them yet.

However, having read most of it, I think Carrotcake and singersinger are doing nothing but spinnin' wheels on all of page 3 and boring the hell out of me.

And I still wouldn't call my response an overreaction; if anyone's overreacting, again I say it's you. I think your sudden aggression based off of what I think was a pretty clear joke is pretty scummy itself.

Lastly, I don't know what you're angling by going meta on me, but I don't have any completed games. This is my 2nd and I'm currently in the middle of my first newbie.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

sims5487 wrote:Ugh. Look, I am not going to try and defend myself for making a joke and pissing you off just because I was still in RVS when everyone else seemed to have moved on for what I see as weak reasons. And while I did acknowledge that there were serious conversations taking place I did also say I hadn't read them yet.

However, having read most of it, I think Carrotcake and singersinger are doing nothing but spinnin' wheels on all of page 3 and boring the hell out of me.

And I still wouldn't call my response an overreaction; if anyone's overreacting, again I say it's you. I think your sudden aggression based off of what I think was a pretty clear joke is pretty scummy itself.

Lastly, I don't know what you're angling by going meta on me, but I don't have any completed games. This is my 2nd and I'm currently in the middle of my first newbie.
You haven't made me angry at all . . . don't take aggression for personal feelings. That first line makes me think you took that a little personally, which I do not mean my posts to do. This is strictly game, and I've been pretty calm. If anything, you've actually made me happy, because so far it's been an interesting chain of posts for me. No matter about the banter though, my original point stands. Our back and forth does not need to clutter up the thread though, so I'll give it a rest for now until others can weigh in.

I completely agree with you on CC v. SS.

Try reading your posts tomorrow. You might see why it could be construed as an overreaction.

And about the last line: Don't take it personally. Meta helps read anybody. Have you played mafia on other sites, or is this your first experience with the game? (I did get new player vibes from you during our exchange, and then I saw that your join date was relatively new.)
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by sims5487 »

No worries bruv, wasn't taking anything personally, just fighting fire with fire. Have played before many times before but not online anywhere. Wasn't offended you were getting meta, just found it interesting ;)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Rhinox »

sims, I agree with confid that you are coming across as overeacting, and I'm not just talking about this page but all the way back to your response to my RVS vote on you. I'm still trying to determine if its just a playstyle thing, so I think confid was in the right asking about your experience.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Wait for real? Wow, I really didn't know it was reading like that. Is an OMGUS vote really considered overreacting in RVS? Yikes.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Rhinox »

sims5487 wrote:Wait for real? Wow, I really didn't know it was reading like that. Is an OMGUS vote really considered overreacting in RVS? Yikes.
It wasn't even really the omgus vote, it was the addition of - "I just got into work! TAKE A CHILL." - that made me think you might have been reacting seriously to a vote you thought was serious, and thus an overeaction. Or at least, it wasn't immediately clear if you were just joking around and I misinterpretted the tone/sarcasm/joke/etc.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by singersigner »

Sims, CA, have you actually our entire exchange, or do you honestly find nothing scummy about any of it?

Though, I admit, it IS boring. Just not in the "this doesn't contribute to finding scum" sort of way.
sims5487 wrote:
Guderian wrote:
Unvote

Interesting. And what's your reason?
I was going to ask him the same thing. I don't like people who place votes with seemingly no reason. Though I must admit, this was the first rational reaction I've seen from you yet (before the most recent calming down). I can actually get on board with a Gud lynch right now.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Guderian
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Alright, to clarify: The "take a chill" thing was just a joke. As you get to know me you'll know when I'm joking or not, don't worry ;) My apologies for not being more clear though. And my reaction to Confid was not out of anger but more spit-take style surprise and confusion.

S'alright? S'alright.

That said, while I find Gud's vote for me suspect, what else makes him so scummy that you'd be on board for a lynch?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

ConfidAnon looks more townish now.
sims was the overblown reaction of the pair - no question. He needs to learn that caps lock doesn't equate to awesome - it equates to yelling.

@singer what's your read on sims/ConfidAnon as regards one of them over reacting?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”