Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Their Back and Forth. It's high attention, and faintly buddying, If they were both scum, it would be a very bad idea.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Does that make it impossible or even unlikely? I think that's kind of WIFOMy
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also, what does "high attention" mean in that context, and why does it make them both being scum unlikely? Secondly what from the exchange struck you as buddying?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@TSQ, you have yet to give a legitimate reason for not claiming. You have only said things like "Ohh, stop fishing". I want a full post telling me why it would help the scum and hurt the town if you claimed your fast food chain. Or are you just stalling because you know that your fast-food joint is really scummy. Keep in mind that (even if I some times act like) I'm not stupid. I know what your role is, and I will take that into consideration.

@Pnut, I claimed that I was a power role. I get it. I know what I'm doing. I would rather die tonight and prove that 1 player is scum, then never die and lose the game. Also, I still have hope of a doc save... But I really want to know what TSQ has to hide.
after a wank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

First of all, stalling is implies that I am avoiding taking an action for some reason. I am not. I am not stalling, I am flat our refusing to do it. Unless I am pressured to the point of needing to, or an in game reason other than "cooldog wants to know" develops, I will not be claiming my role name.

As I already said before, there is absolutely no reason to think that claiming my role name will help the town, furthermore, it can help the scum in a number of ways. There is more information that has value to scum teams than just whether someone is scum or town, or what role certain players on, particularly information about how the flavor of a setup is constructed gives scum valuable information about how they should construct their fake claims. I do not intend to give scum players any information without it being absolutely necessary. You saying "HERP DERP MY ROLE IS RELATED TO MY NAME" is not reason for me to believe that giving the scum information is absolutely necessary. Sorry.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Mod, are there deadline extensions for absolutely piss poor player participation?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

CooLDoG - 1 - (Chronopie) (L-6)
Peanutman - 1 - (SnakePlissken) (L-6)
Thestatusquo - 1 - (CooLDoG) (L-6)
EtherealCookie - 1 - (StrangerCoug) (L-6)
StrangerCoug - 2 - (EtherealCookie, Thestatusquo) (L-5)

Not Voting: JasonT1981, Ghost Writer, curseddiplomat, Peanutman, AntB, ragrhcpfreak

7 needed to lynch

Deadline is December 28 at 3:15 pm EST

Channeldelibird replaces Curseddiplomat

Thestatusquo wrote:Mod, are there deadline extensions for absolutely piss poor player participation?
I may extend the deadline for low player activity depending on how close it is to lynch and how many players are inactive
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:18 am

Post by AntB »

Brief review of all posts, SC is more scummier than EC, still need a little more convincing either way, but I want more information out of CooLDoG so...

My role has nothing to do with my Establishment, TSQ has already claimed he is a miller some have stated as the correct method of play for that role, yet you seem persistent on weening it out of his exactly what it is, do as you preach, reveal your establishment and then maybe moan about TSQ revealing his? Personally, unless your abilitily is to attack people with sammiches or if your the Food Saftey Agency (or w/e the US equivilent is) then I don't believe your role can be that closley linked. Also claiming to be a power role at this point seems dodgy at this point, you have no need to roleclaim, even as generic as "I am a PR". Claiming a PR on D1 is going to get you killed one way or the other, if you did start a successful bandwagon and the person flipped townie, Your guaranteed to be either NK'd or Lynched on D2. So why claim?
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Lets explore a different area of discussion a little:
the mod wrote:Not Voting: JasonT1981, Ghost Writer, curseddiplomat, Peanutman, AntB, ragrhcpfreak
Some of these players simply have not been in the thread much, but for the rest of you: Why are you guys not voting? Who do see as most likely to be scum at this point. Why are you not voting them? Who do you see as most likely to be town?

Raj, you promised us you would participate more after your project was done. Is it done? Why have you not posted more?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi, Shea. Coug. Assorted guys I don't know. I might not be read up for a couple of days, in the process of catching up with a couple of other games right now, but I'll be with you shortly.
#greenshirtthursdays
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

OH EM GEE

CEE DEE BEE!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

OK, temporarily done.
had my last class on thursday. now i have a paper for sunday, test tuesday, take home project/test due on wednesday.

but wow that was some fireworks.

shea, i request some flavor from that claim.
knee jerk reaction i want to believe him.
we shouldnt need an extension, dec 28 should be plenty of time to get an initial lynch.

i dont see coug coaching, shea is an experienced and a very good mafia player. im sure if they were partners he would have been the one telling coug that he was going to claim day one.
now coug playing town and acting like hes helping the town is possible.

somthing about EtherealCookie thats not sitting right with me.
vote: EtherealCookie

but again i want some flavor from shea.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Thestatusquo is starting to bug me now.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not giving flavor. I claimed completely unforced. I just claimed to get it out from under our feet if it comes up later. Otherwise just play the game. Raj, did you miss my points where I explained why I am not giving flavor?

SC: What about me is "bugging" you?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I agree that flavor should be kept hidden from the scum, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how only going so far as nameclaiming helps scum. If scum have fakeclaims, then nameclaiming doesn't help them any, and even if they don't then I don't see how nameclaiming narrows the fakeclaim pool that much. If the mod was able to come up with at least eight, then there's probably still plenty of wiggle room. I can think of four burger joints, three or four pizza parlors, and a couple sandwich shops, and if the mod lives where some of the chains I have in mind don't exist that widens the pool even more.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

yeah i skimmed over that part.

but i agree with coug right here, i dont see it helping scum any more than town. if you think its helpful enough to know that your miller then its just as helpful to claim everything.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's cool that you want flavor. Unfortunately, I'm the one whos opinion matters about what I think is most helpful for the town from my standpoint. If you think I'm scummy, string me up. If not, lets stop talking about it and lynch some scumz.

Your choice.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Zang »

Confidanon replaces JasonT1981
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Zang wrote:
Confidanon replaces JasonT1981
Hey, that's me!

I should be read up pretty quickly.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Welcome to the game.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by AntB »

@ TheStatusQuo
My vote at the moment seems to be primarily torn between CooLDoG due to the reasons outlined my previous post, and StrangerCoug who has
only just
decided he doesn't like you, for reasons he hasn't revealed.

@ StrangerCoug
Explain yourself. "Your Bugging Me" seems odd and scummy coming out of the blue like that, justification would be nice.
Show

G+
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by AntB »

EBWODP

@New Blood (ConfidAnon)
When you can and when you've caught up, what's your views on myself, TheStatusQuo, StrangerCoug and EtheralCookie?
Show

G+
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

And the VI has arrived.
Vote because something doesn't sit right with him, and he admits to skimming over the posts. There's only been a hundred and twenty, and he's skimming already.
I shall contribute more in a bit.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

RVS ends with the Miller claim. Unfortunately, unless you're a Cop, it should be ignored. Trying to determine whether someone is scum or not based on a Miller claim at this point is just a pile of WIFOM, and won't get anywhere, because both are possible.

In the statusquo/EC exchange starting at the bottom of page 2 and continuing on page 3, EC seems a little overzealous with the connection, but both players seem genuine.
AntB, 64 wrote:UNVOTE: StrangeCoug RVS vote no longer needed, I don't see a need to maintain my vote.

EtheralCookie and StatusQuo seem to be going for blood over possibly mis-read posts and opinons. I have a town read on both for now, unless they're both scum and playing outside the box hoping the other doesn't slip up. I''m personally going to ignore the miller claim as it could be used by the scum as an attempt to cover up or could be a genuine claim.
This post bothers me. I don't like how you've unvoted StrangerCoug, and commented on pretty much everything else relevant in the game except for the suspicion on StrangerCoug. I'm not sure if this means that you two are scum together and you want to quietly protect him, if you are just scum wanting to not be seen on an early wagon, or if you are simply raking your RVS vote off and ignoring the discussion on StrangerCoug. In any of those cases, something is amiss.
SnakePlissken, 77 wrote:To me all the Miller claim does is take them off the lynch for day 1 but has tehm kept under watchful eye going forward. @CooLDoG whts the relevance of the fast food establishment?
Why would that take them off the lynch for Day 1?
CooLDoG, 78 wrote:@snake, If I told you I would be in deep shit. But, aparently TSQ knows what I'm getting at.

Tell me what fucking joint you are. You already claimed you have nothing to lose. If I was scum I would already know if you were town or scum. Why do you not want to claim that? Can you not forge a Fast food joint? Does your joint look scummy? Are you not giving information to the town becasuse you are scummy? Answer up boy.
Why are you so concerned with the flavor of his role, and why are you so aggressive about it?
AntB, 80 wrote:I don't see enough evidence against StrangerCoug currently. I can see how you would consider what he said as coaching.
Chronopie and CooLDoG also agreed with StrangerCoug in that the miller should claim straight away as the correct method to play miller. There is no indication of StrangerCoug directly answering your question in his post but seems to be more of passing a comment, which does seem to be coaching as I believe it was unprompted. I do have my suspicions but not enough to hold and maintain a vote.
I don't like how you have supported both sides of the issue in this post, either. Noncommittal stances are scummy.

EC has a good Ant point too in 83.
AntB, 121 wrote:@New Blood (ConfidAnon)
When you can and when you've caught up, what's your views on myself, TheStatusQuo, StrangerCoug and EtheralCookie?
So far, thestatusquo and EC seem genuine in their arguments and attempts to reason things out. The original StrangerCoug post that started pretty much all discussion after the Miller claim was suspect, but when compared to the play afterwards, I think it was just an awkwardly-worded post.

You, however, deserve some attention:
Unvote, Vote: AntB

Just out of curiosity, why did you ask that question to me, but not to other players who have not given their thoughts?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

AntB wrote:@ StrangerCoug
Explain yourself. "Your Bugging Me" seems odd and scummy coming out of the blue like that, justification would be nice.
In mafia the word scummy has a specific meaning. It means "more likely to come from scum than from town." In what way does a player saying "your[sic] bugging me" "out of the blue" fit that descriptions?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”