CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@TSQ, what is your fast food joint, quit stalling.
after a wank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

There is absolutely no reason I should claim that now. But your fishing is noted. also, accusing me of stalling when I claimed unforced in my first post is hilarious.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:57 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

To me all the Miller claim does is take them off the lynch for day 1 but has tehm kept under watchful eye going forward. @CooLDoG whts the relevance of the fast food establishment?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:59 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@snake, If I told you I would be in deep shit. But, aparently TSQ knows what I'm getting at.

Tell me what fucking joint you are. You already claimed you have nothing to lose. If I was scum I would already know if you were town or scum. Why do you not want to claim that? Can you not forge a Fast food joint? Does your joint look scummy? Are you not giving information to the town becasuse you are scummy? Answer up boy.
after a wank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not claiming because there's no reason to. There's no reason to believe that such information will help the town, and furthermore it might help the scum. There are several clear cut reasons why I claimed miller. I've already explained them. Those reasons do not extend to my role name. Again, your fishing is noted.

There's no need for your hostility. Also, to call me "boy" when you joined the site a year ago and you already have the reputation as just about the worst player on the site is pretty hysterical. :) Have a nice morning.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 am

Post by AntB »

EtheralCookie wrote:How do you feel about the votes on StrangerCoug?
I don't see enough evidence against StrangerCoug currently. I can see how you would consider what he said as coaching.
Chronopie and CooLDoG also agreed with StrangerCoug in that the miller should claim straight away as the correct method to play miller. There is no indication of StrangerCoug directly answering your question in his post but seems to be more of passing a comment, which does seem to be coaching as I believe it was unprompted. I do have my suspicions but not enough to hold and maintain a vote.
EtheralCookie wrote:Do you believe anyone voting for him could be scum?
No, each has their own justification so far and obviously believes they have enough to maintain the vote on. IMO A scum player would simply "hop-on" the wagon at this point.
EtheralCookie wrote:Do you think the case holds any weight?
Not enough to warrant a lynch.
EtheralCookie wrote:How do you feel about the two votes on myself?
StrangerCougs vote to me seems well justified in the context given. peanutman just seems to be looking for a vote and IMO doesn't have much ground to stand on.
EtheralCookie wrote:Do you believe anyone voting for me could be scum?
Again, peanutman seems to just be voting without a good base, I am aware on Day1 you'd be lucky to get anything concrete but a good base is always good. So peanutman is coming across as slightly scummy to me.
EtheralCookie wrote:Do you think the case holds any weight?
StrangerCoug, yes, but I need a bit more convincing. peanutman, no.
CooLDoG wrote:@Antb, really ignore the claim? So the most content that has been generated to this point you are simply going to ignore? How is this productive? Play out both situations (one being that TSQ is scum, the other him being town), which one seems more likely? Unless you have real life issues I would love for you to respond to this and EC's questions as well.
Ignoring the claim does not mean I'm going to ignore the events that came after. I simply meant that I am not going to allow the claim to affect my judgement on if TSQ is town or scum.

tl;dr: Not enough weight against strangercoug, peanutman shows slightly scummy to me, I'm ignoring the miller claim, not the follow up from it.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

Chronopie - 1 - (CooLDoG) (L-6)
CooLDoG - 1 - (Chronopie) (L-6)
Peanutman - 1 - (SnakePlissken) (L-6)
EtherealCookie - 2 - (StrangerCoug, Peanutman) (L-5)
StrangerCoug - 2 - (EtherealCookie, Thestatusquo) (L-5)

Not Voting: JasonT1981, Ghost Writer, curseddiplomat, AntB, ragrhcpfreak

7 needed to lynch

Deadline is December 28 at 3:15 pm EST
Last edited by Zang on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

Post by peanutman »

Unvote : EtherealCookie

I am satisfied for now that he was just strongly wording his suspicions ("just pursuing the leads he has"). I feel that since he has written the most of everyone, there is greater chance of inconsistencies in the wording. No longer worthy of my vote at this point.

@CoolDog, calm down there. TSQ has been clear that he won't reveal it (post 76 and 79). Judge him off of that, but berating him won't do much, and will just sour the thread for no reason.

@Chronopie, you've stated how you felt about TSQ's claim. But what do you make of the various reactions to it?

@mod, prod on GhostWriter please
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

CoolDog wrote:@TSQ, what is your fast food joint, quit stalling.
CoolDog, why do you want TSQ to claim?
CoolDog wrote:If I told you I would be in deep shit. But, aparently TSQ knows what I'm getting at.
Clarify on this. Are we not supposed to discuss this? Because I don't really understand the relevance of food chain establishments. I mean, I can see some connections, like obviously a McDonalds would be a power role, but beyond that... What reason would you have to withhold this information?

I can't really ask anymore questions on this topic as I don't understand the importance of food chain establishments.

AntB.... I'm getting odd vibes from you. Let's discuss why.
Now, StrangerCoug votes for me in his ISO #3. However, there is something missing; there is no actual reason he is voting for me. He's simply responded to all my points about him being scum and linked with TSQ. So, I state,
EtherealCookie wrote:I'll post more when I'm not at school, but I'd like to point out that StrangerCoug has provided absolutely no rationale for his vote against me.
In his next post he does not respond, simply saying that I need to address his rebuttals.

Now, in response to the case on me, you respond that,
AntB wrote:StrangerCougs vote to me seems well justified in the context given, and StrangerCoug, yes, but I need a bit more convincing.
Justified in the context given? He has provided no reasoning for voting for me, as far as I can see. He has not clearly stated why he's voting for me at all. And you're claiming that you're already pretty convinced, "but need a bit more convincing?" You're basically building up a reason for you to hop onto my bandwagon if the opportunity is right. So, there's two issues here: You haven't even pointed out the reason StrangerCoug is voting for me, and he hasn't either, yet you think he's justified. That's scummy. And then you're not convinced. That's even more scummy. Make up your mind. If you think StrangerCoug has some actual weight in what he's saying, then your vote should've been on me. However, it's impossible for you to think that he has an actual case when he hasn't even stated what his reasons for placing his vote on me. Look at his ISO post #3. He does not mention ONCE that he thinks I'm scummy or anything of the sort. He just votes.
But wait, hold up. Earlier on, you said:
AntB wrote: EtheralCookie and StatusQuo seem to be going for blood over possibly mis-read posts and opinons. I have a town read on both for now, unless they're both scum and playing outside the box hoping the other doesn't slip up.
What's going on? The case on me holds weight, yet you think I'm town? How the hell does that make sense? Why are you sitting on the fence?
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by AntB »

The case made against you does hold weight some weight however its not enough for me to take any action. From your discussion with TSQ I believe you both to be town from that, StrangerCoug IMO has acted on his suspicions against you and as such has voted for you. I believe he has made some valid points to justify that vote and that's why I believe his case holds weight. Despite that I am not fully convinced to jump on the band wagon and vote against you as the debate between yourself and TSQ leaves me thinking your both town
or scum playing outside the box
. I'm sat on the fence because it gives me a good view of what's going on. I don't like to make my move without having a good reason.

The bit I have placed in bold above is a bit you seem to have missed. I have a town read, yes. However I am not totally convinced.
Show

G+
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EtherealCookie wrote:
Did anybody other than me so much as play with the possibility of Thestatusquo-scum before the wagon on me started?
I don't understand this question, to be honest.
Let's try rewording then: Was I the only person to suggest Thestatusquo could be scum before I started getting votes?
EtherealCookie wrote:
I'd like to know who wrote your book of tells, because that person is a crappy author. If you're clearly ignoring important points, then I don't see why the implication of the question is invalid.
Dodging the question isn't scummy? Town should be able to answer it easily.
Who dodged what question?
EtherealCookie wrote:
UNVOTE: jasonT1981
VOTE: EtherealCookie
Reasoning behind this? None has been provided. That just makes you seem more scummy to me.
I thought the reasons were pretty much covered in my post. Is something else unclear?
CooLDoG wrote:@TSQ, what is your fast food joint, quit stalling.
HoS: CooLDoG.
Scum does not need to know what joint Thestatusquo is at this point.
EtherealCookie wrote:Clarify on this. Are we not supposed to discuss this? Because I don't really understand the relevance of food chain establishments. I mean, I can see some connections, like
obviously a McDonalds would be a power role
, but beyond that... What reason would you have to withhold this information?
I'm having trouble deciding whether the term I'm looking for is mod-WIFOM or role-fishing, but neither makes the purple look good.
EtherealCookie wrote:Now, StrangerCoug votes for me in his ISO #3. However, there is something missing; there is no actual reason he is voting for me. He's simply responded to all my points about him being scum and linked with TSQ.
Read the post again. Yes, it's me defending, but I counterattack you as well.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Let's try rewording then: Was I the only person to suggest Thestatusquo could be scum before I started getting votes?
EtherealCookie wrote:I don't like the way you jumped to explain it rather than let him do so.
This here post implies a connection between you two. So, no, you weren't.
StrangerCoug wrote:Who dodged what question?
Let me reword that. It wasn't a question. It was moreso looking over a point I made at that moment. I wanted him to give me a response to the points I had made rather than fling personal insults. Ignoring the points someone makes is suspicious. It seems like you have no response. Obviously, he did later on, so the argument no longer has weight.
StrangerCoug wrote: I'm having trouble deciding whether the term I'm looking for is mod-WIFOM or role-fishing, but neither makes the purple look good.
This is ridiculous. You are reading into what is simply an example inferred from common sense that the biggest fast food chain would definitely hold some sort of weight.
StrangerCoug wrote:Read the post again. Yes, it's me defending, but I counterattack you as well.
StrangerCoug wrote:Feel free to comment the moment you're available to do so, but "I addressed it already" does not make the problem go away.
Really? I bother to respond to things that I have mentioned earlier on and yet you don't have the patience to go and point out where you
clearly point out I am acting scummy and lay out your case against me?
For your information, I have read your ISO 3, and I still don't see that. What's a counterattack? Your book of tells is bad isn't justification for voting for me, if that's your reasoning. [/quote]
AntB wrote:The case made against you does hold weight some weight however its not enough for me to take any action. From your discussion with TSQ I believe you both to be town from that, StrangerCoug IMO has acted on his suspicions against you and as such has voted for you. I believe he has made some valid points to justify that vote and that's why I believe his case holds weight. Despite that I am not fully convinced to jump on the band wagon and vote against you as the debate between yourself and TSQ leaves me thinking your both town or scum playing outside the box. I'm sat on the fence because it gives me a good view of what's going on. I don't like to make my move without having a good reason.
What are these valid points? I see his giving rebuttals to my points made against him, but that hasn't ever struck me as justification for voting. Unless you can actually tell me what these are, it seems like you're just trying to, for whatever reason, justify Coug's vote on me and possibly your vote on me in the future. At the same time, you attack Peanut who I think actually had a very legitimate reason for voting me. I can see where he was coming from.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

vote:TSQ
Blatant evasiveness, not answering to basic questions about his role. Willingness to claim, but not to show his full role.

@SC, yes but the scum already know if he is town or scum, it can only help the town. If he's lying scum then he knows he’s scum, if he’s evasive deliberately not answer easy questions town, then the scum already know that. He should answer to this basic question, and I will not forget about it.

@TSQ, can I use that quote about me being the worst player on the site? And again if I were scum I would have no need to fish for your joint's name. I would already know if you were town or scum. At the moment I think you are more likely scum. And why are you holding back that information?

EC, if you want to know why I'm saying this you had better be ready for another claim. Put simply my role is tied very closely to my joint. And I mean very closely, the joints aren't assigned at random, they actually corrispond to a role. For my role the joint I have fits perfectly with the actual role itself. In TSQ case his joint (if I'm correct, which I am sure that I am. <slight ego) should seem scummy, but in reality not. I'm willing to bet that his joint is just scummy, which would correspond to scum. As we all know a tell on food-chain alone isn't enough to base a case on, but it seems like his deliberate and un-explained reasons for not telling us such a basic aspect of his role screams scum.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

unvote, vote: tsq
forgot to unvote, sorry.
after a wank.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EtherealCookie wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: I'm having trouble deciding whether the term I'm looking for is mod-WIFOM or role-fishing, but neither makes the purple look good.
This is ridiculous. You are reading into what is simply an example inferred from common sense that the biggest fast food chain would definitely hold some sort of weight.
Thanks for helping me come up with what I'm looking for—mod-WIFOM. I've modded many theme games, and several were designed to mess a little with player assumptions about roles. The relevant example that comes to mind is Wheel of Fortune Mafia—for example, the $5,000 space that everybody likes was a vanilla townie that game.
EtherealCookie wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Read the post again. Yes, it's me defending, but I counterattack you as well.
StrangerCoug wrote:Feel free to comment the moment you're available to do so, but "I addressed it already" does not make the problem go away.
Really? I bother to respond to things that I have mentioned earlier on and yet you don't have the patience to go and point out where you
clearly point out I am acting scummy and lay out your case against me?
For your information, I have read your ISO 3, and I still don't see that.
Sigh... I might as well summarize so I can stop feeling like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Most of what I don't like about you stems from your case against Thestatusquo. You claim that he's worried about connecting himself to me after I supposedly coached him, so he's backing off from me. That's hard to see. In fact, I'm basically shooting your case that he's being defensive to hell.
EtherealCookie wrote:What's a counterattack?
Counterattacking is responding to someone attacking you by attacking him or her.
EtherealCookie wrote:Your book of tells is bad isn't justification for voting for me, if that's your reasoning.
The "book of tells" comment was meant to be taken in context with your defense against Thestatusquo, where you imply that you don't think the inability to read is a tell.
CooLDoG wrote:@SC, yes but the scum already know if he is town or scum, it can only help the town. If he's lying scum then he knows he’s scum, if he’s evasive deliberately not answer easy questions town, then the scum already know that.
Ah. That makes perfect sense then.
Un-HoS
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

@sc, glad you see what I'm saying, there is no reason for him not to claim.
after a wank.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Sigh... I might as well summarize so I can stop feeling like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Most of what I don't like about you stems from your case against Thestatusquo. You claim that he's worried about connecting himself to me after I supposedly coached him, so he's backing off from me. That's hard to see. In fact, I'm basically shooting your case that he's being defensive to hell.
That's all nice. Too bad your ISO 3 doesn't mention that at all. All you do is respond to the points I've made. You're not clear at all. We're not mind readers. I'd have to make a lot of assumptions and inferences to determine that's your reasoning for voting. Furthermore, does it seem like I even strongly support the case? I have dropped it, so I see no reason for this to be under discussion at the moment. I felt he was slightly scummy back then. Right now, I'm getting more a neutral vibe, though cooldog is bringing some good points to the table. I shall wait for TSQ's response before passing judgment. If it's ever revealed that you are scum, then I will feel suspicious about him once more. And my case wasn't that he's being defensive at all. It was that he was that A) I felt there was a link between you and him. B) He wasn't paying any heed to my points. Anyways, this topic has become way too outdated and I see no need to further discuss it.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by peanutman »

@Cooldog, what are you doing? Why would you soft-claim like that? If you wanted to prove your point that TSQ should role-claim, I'm sure there are many ways of doing so without claiming yourself. If you aren't scum (with a playstyle I wouldn't understand, so I doubt it), you've just put a big target on your back for them.
I didn't want to say anything after your first slip at 78, but you just made it clear to everyone if it wasn't before.

On another note, having re-read StrangerCoug's iso 3 a few times, although he addresses many statements point by point, I don't really see a direct link between the answers and his vote on EC. You may think he had a bad case, but I don't think a bad case is, in itself scummy, and neither should there be a direct
implicit
link between bad case and scum (read: vote).
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Of course not. I don't think a bad case is scummy. I think, however, another playing claiming a bad case is a good case and saying that if they were convinced enough they'd jump on the vote is scummy. See: AntB.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

And when it's done simply for a defensive reason, of course, which is what I interperted StrangerCoug's vote to be. An attempt to turn the table. At the moment though, I really am more suspicious of AntB more than anyone else. I'll wait to see what else he has to say, along with what TSQ has to say, before changing my vote.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by AntB »

I said with more convincing I would possibly vote, not that if he says, for example, "OMG he iz scummy letz all vote for him". You seem to have taken what I've said as "I'm just going to wait and see how this rolls then maybe jump in for a hammer". You said yourself I'm on the fence, I'm not really that sure on anyone just yet, despite 4 pages of interesting posts. I should also highlight I'm in a similar situation with the case against strangercoug, there's weight in the case against him but nothing worthy of a vote just yet.

An unconvinced player is a liability, I'll admit. Could be worse however, I could just think "Oh looky at the bandwagon *jump/vote*".
Show

G+
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Zang »

Curseddiplomat and JasonT1981 will be replaced.

GhostWriter is prodded.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

but it seems like his deliberate and un-explained reasons for not telling us such a basic aspect of his role screams scum.
I actually completely explained my reasons.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Chronopie »

peanutman wrote:@Chronopie, you've stated how you felt about TSQ's claim. But what do you make of the various reactions to it?
StrangeCoug's reaction, I see as perfectly normal. It's what I'd do myself (had I been first to see/comment). His responses since, and the Convo with Cooldog...

Cooldog's reaction, and demand for a fast food joint claim just seems... Bad. One of Cooldog or Coug is probably Scum. I don't think both are though.

-

Cookie's reaction allows to place Cookie in the Town-Read category.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Cooldog's reaction, and demand for a fast food joint claim just seems... Bad. One of Cooldog or Coug is probably Scum. I don't think both are though.
Could you explain both parts of this thought? Why do you think one of cd or coug is scum, and what makes you think they both arent?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”