Open 268: Raise the White Flag (Game Over)

themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by themanhimself »

Good game all, I'm glad to have replaced into it, I knew it was CN/NM! :P
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AND EQUINOX THOUGHT THAT ME REPLACING IN AT L-2 IN LYLO WOULD BE A PROBLEM.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by rekirtS »

Jesus Christ Nacho i've been stalking this thread for two days waiting for you to vote him. GAWD. Thanks for pulling through at the end and helping CN escape a lynch. Honestly didn't know what to do at that point. Thanks for CN for guiding me that far in my first game xD. Andrew was perhaps the best scum and stayed awesomely hidden the entire day.

You did awesome as a mod, and I feel the setup was balanced, although I'm heavily biased. Town play was (sorry) AWFUL.

Thanks Bvoigt at the end, glad we kept you alive. Wish we killed Lindis at the end though.
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by rekirtS »

^^

That came off kinda jerk-like. Sorry about that didn't mean that. Many townies had our entire team at the end and if Nacho had been lynched instead of Cookie I would have gone next right after. Snake/The man had us nailed.

That scumslip of mine with the vig was AWFUL of me. Bvoigt caught it and I thought I was a goner and just tried to push the noob card as hard as I could. Wow.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by bvoigt »

rekirtS wrote:Bvoigt's play was (sorry) AWFUL.
FTFY. In my defense, I thought the scumteam was Snake/rekirtS/Nacho at the end of the day, but just ended up voting for the only townie out of the three. Congrats to the scumteam, though. You played very well.

Thanks for modding, Equinox! Overall, I think the setup is fairly balanced, but might favor scum a little. I think it would work better with 3 goons, 8 townies, and 1 doctor (who could get the town an extra mislynch to use).

BTW, I voted to keep playing. True, we were losing, but if scum are earning a victory, the town shouldn't take the easy way out.
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by rekirtS »

bvoigt wrote:
rekirtS wrote:Bvoigt's play was (sorry) AWFUL.
FTFY. In my defense, I thought the scumteam was Snake/rekirtS/Nacho at the end of the day, but just ended up voting for the only townie out of the three. Congrats to the scumteam, though. You played very well.

Thanks for modding, Equinox! Overall, I think the setup is fairly balanced, but might favor scum a little. I think it would work better with 3 goons, 8 townies, and 1 doctor (who could get the town an extra mislynch to use).

BTW, I voted to keep playing. True, we were losing, but if scum are earning a victory, the town shouldn't take the easy way out.
Na don't beat yourself up over it, you had me on the ropes at the end, just unfortunately picked Snake. That was pretty much the plan at the end to set up a Snake OR Bvoigt as scum, when in fact neither of you two were it.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i find it funny you guys were both waiting for each other...
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by rekirtS »

Was Nacho waiting for me? lol oh well. gg all.
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by rekirtS »

Also back at posts #320 and #321 me and CN had both posted and were waiting on your to post Andrew for quickhammar! Ah well.

Hope everythings alright with CN.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

Goddammit! I'm totally blaming this on snake: if you hadn't tossed up a vote with no reason, nacho could be dead!

Nah, im just joking: good game all.

I totally called the CN/nacho deal. I have to say, nacho actually was smart to try and defend his predecessor's actions. No matter how the argument would have gone, neither me nor him would have been able to drift from the realm of subjectivity. I likely could have argued about probability of all of those specific actions occurring with a townie, but most of the players in this game seemed anti-math, lol.

Striker I'm not surprised about being scum: Andrew, I am. Good game.

As far as game balance goes, I think it would have been best with 12 players. Power roles give an incredible amount of power to the townies and losing them upsets the balance. Not just losing the role itself, but the fear scum can have of who may have what possible role. Scum coming into this game knowing no one can investigate them is an added boon to them all on it's own. Also, an additional townie would have given town another, better option on d3 if they mislynched twice: a vote for a no lynch.More strategic opportunities would have been helpful.

That said, I enjoyed the game overall. And honestly, I agree with your decision on handling the Draw aspect, Mod. As a townie, I wanted to win no matter what, but I would be inwardly berating you if you allowed it to pan out in game: since scum would be pressured to No Vote. It would have been a really dirty trick.

Also, I have a tendency to act downright manic at times. I find it gets people to back the hell off. And Striker, why did you hope to get me?
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

Also, I gotta know:
Why did you kill yabba
?
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

oops nevermind, I read scumchat :p
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

My bet is that I would've succumbed to the chkflip wagon but would've initially played at andrew. I don't know why his logic got twisted in the bunch, but I think it became null the moment werewolf flipped Town. Had it been scum, I would've def. gone after Andrew next had I been left in. I probably would've succumbed to the chkflip wagon.

chkflip self-hammering to prove a point was pathetic, it must be said again. I have zero respect and it should be deemed blatantly anti-wincon and an autoloss even if Town had gone to win. I'm adamantly of that belief.

I believe I was pretty sure about rekirtS-scum though...
rekirtS wrote:Ugh. CN has been a town read the entire game but I'm getting super paranoid right now.
...you gotta be careful with comments like these. This remark was unprovoked IIRC- so it's a scummy reversal of stance.

Another loss for me, not so much my fault at least, but the nightmare still continues. I'm now on 5-16 as Town. :\
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Lindis, I thought that I could suck you in a subjective, meaningless wallbattle. I'm very impressed that you identified it was a trap and stayed out of it; the only mistake you made was not continuing the attack on me.

Oh, I remember those walls. They're evil. >_>

I can't really give much commentary on the game, and it makes me sad :(
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

So I call the other scum in ANdrew get killed and we loose. Man how annoyed am i! I really did when he started talking about the Draw think that Lindis was going to be scum. However Rekirts was the one I didn't nail, it was between him and bvoigt and i suspected teh wrong one. Despite not being in the game long it was good fun.

Well done scum. To the rest of the town, we suck.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

A couple comments I forgot to make earlier: first of all, the werewolf lynch looks really silly in retrospect. And chkflip's self-hammer didn't singlehandedly cost us the game, but it did make it much more difficult for us to win. I sent this PM to Equinox during N2:
bvoigt wrote:I hope this isn't out of line...but I feel that chkflip should be modkilled for that self-hammer. He made no effort to defend himself or at least scumhunt in his last post. Instead, he guaranteed that the day would end with a mislynch. I don't see how that is playing to win. :mad:
Also, I'd really appreciate some advice on how to get better at scumhunting. :)
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by rekirtS »

Honestly thats what I meant with bad town play, I don't know what everyone was thinking with Warewolf and CHKflip selfhammer was horrid.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Woot I unintentially avoid a loss...

sorry for being replaced (though I did tell you all that equi was scum..)

Nacho.. as soon as you started slightly attacking me (well themanhimself) I KNEW you were scum heh.

Andrew I wouldn't have pegged... more cause I always don't bother reading you either way

same with reskirts.. though I really was too busy/did not have laptop to read and look heavily into it.
... People were right it seems....
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”