Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by el simo »

Umbrage wrote:Every game I've seen has started with someone who doesn't do RVS, and is then bandwagoned. I wanted to shake things up a little.
By.. not doing RVS and getting bandwagoned?
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

ortiz1193 wrote:I'm on chamber's side. Not sure what he should be responding to?
Why the vote?

It's not clear to me why.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by chamber »

Are you asking me?
Taking a break from the site.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Olinea »

ortiz1193 wrote:I'm on chamber's side. Not sure what he should be responding to?
For starters, I don't think there is a "side" to this, really.

Mostly I'm looking for confirmation that he understands my reasoning and why it was relevant.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by chamber »

Your reasoning seems like nonsense to me. But not just nonsense, nonsense that looks passable at only a glance. That's the scummy kind of nonsense imo.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Ah, RVS discussion. *falls asleep*

Anyway, my 'stifling discussion' post spawned more discussion than anything so far, so I'm calling it a success. The scummiest players so far are ThAdmiral and Cyberbob. They come in, vote un-randomly, and disappear. Don't like.

Olinea and chamber have to stop the posting diarrhea. A long and confusing game helps scum. Don't post unless you have something to say. Always have something to say.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by chamber »

Point to a single post of mine so far that's lacking content. Every single one has had a purpose.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Umbrage »

chamber wrote:I thought the question directed at me was quite rhetorical?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by chamber »

You would have had me ignore Koopa?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by el simo »

Umbrage wrote:Anyway, my 'stifling discussion' post spawned more discussion than anything so far, so I'm calling it a success.
Doesn't matter how much I call my banana an apple, it still is a banana.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by TheLonging »

I want to see ortiz's next content filled post. This will help me determine numerous questions I have about the game.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm starting to develop a ping on my scumdar in Oritz's direction. I feel like the vote on him was more serious than it should have been, and the reasons he gave were almost exactly the same as chamber's reasons. To me, the self-vote comes off as a "Hey, guys, this is still a joke! I'ma vote myself just like Umbrage did so you guys know that....! *looks around nervously*"

However, el simo's vote just
happened
to "randomly" fall on a developing bandwagon. Interesting, no? :?:
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

The Umbrage vote was RVS. I don't even get what you're saying about the self vote. I self voted for lulz. (Also RVS) You are trying way too hard to make something out of nothing. That's equivalent to you taking a random RVS vote and calling me scum for it.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Do you think my reactions that I'm getting are satisfying? y/n
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

chamber wrote:You would have had me ignore Koopa?
I just want an answer to go on between this. Didn't care whether it was rhetorical or not.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

TheLonging wrote:Do you think my reactions that I'm getting are satisfying? y/n

Restate the question plox... Are you saying "Do you think that I think you're scum? y/n"
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by el simo »

sorasgoof wrote:However, el simo's vote just
happened
to "randomly" fall on a developing bandwagon. Interesting, no? :?:
Yup my vote was unrelated to the previous two. Why is this interesting? What are your thoughts on bandwagons that makes this such an interesting occurrence?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

ortiz1193 wrote:You are trying way too hard to make something out of nothing. That's equivalent to you taking a random RVS vote and calling me scum for it.
Hey, buddy. I'm not trying that hard at all. Looks like you're trying pretty hard to make it look like I'm trying my heart out to paint you as scum. Point is, to me, it didn't feel like your vote was an RVS vote. It felt like a real vote with secondhand reasons. If I were really trying hard, I'd have voted. That's why I said it was a "ping." People need to lrn2rd or lrn2cmrephend.

As for you, el simo, you said you were randomly voting. It's interesting how your "RANDOM" vote happened to follow the bandwagon. To me, it looks like you're trying to jump on the largest bandwagon and further it without too much (read: any) reasoning. How can you even say it was unrelated? It's interesting because it's too much of a coincidence.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by el simo »

sorasgoof wrote:As for you, el simo, you said you were randomly voting. It's interesting how your "RANDOM" vote happened to follow the bandwagon. To me, it looks like you're trying to jump on the largest bandwagon and further it without too much (read: any) reasoning. How can you even say it was unrelated? It's interesting because it's too much of a coincidence.
So from this I can assume you think bandwagons are bad?
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

sorasgoof wrote:
ortiz1193 wrote:You are trying way too hard to make something out of nothing. That's equivalent to you taking a random RVS vote and calling me scum for it.
Hey, buddy. I'm not trying that hard at all. Looks like you're trying pretty hard to make it look like I'm trying my heart out to paint you as scum. Point is, to me, it didn't feel like your vote was an RVS vote. It felt like a real vote with secondhand reasons. If I were really trying hard, I'd have voted. That's why I said it was a "ping." People need to lrn2rd or lrn2cmrephend.

As for you, el simo, you said you were randomly voting. It's interesting how your "RANDOM" vote happened to follow the bandwagon. To me, it looks like you're trying to jump on the largest bandwagon and further it without too much (read: any) reasoning. How can you even say it was unrelated? It's interesting because it's too much of a coincidence.
My vote on Umbrage was pretty obviously an RVS vote if you look at the context of it. I used crappy reasoning to try and start a bandwagon, and then unvoted in my next post. (<-- This should pretty much confirm the fact that it was RVS.) If it was even a remotely serious vote, I wouldn't have unvoted without provocation. You're still saying, "I have a ping for ortiz on my scumdar because of his RVS vote that I don't think was RVS."

Note: It was RVS.

I agree with not liking el simo's vote. But it was RVS so I'll lean toward it being a nulltell. Personally I jump on RVS wagons regardless of alignment. As town to move the game along, and as scum for the same reason.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Olinea wrote:Cyberbob picks out Umbrage and ortiz's self-votes. Both were obvious jokes but Umbrage started it. Cyberbob decides he's gonna vote ortiz anyways, because when you want to stifle that kind of behavior you vote for the person who followed it rather than started it, right?
I don't give a rat's arse whether they're the funniest jokes in the world. I consider self-voting to be against one's win condition and contrary to the spirit of the game no matter the context. I chose ortiz over Umbrage because I dislike numbers in usernames.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Umbrage wrote:They come in, vote un-randomly, and disappear. Don't like.
Some of us have other things to do in the leadup to Christmas other than play mafia. What an amazing thing.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Olinea »

Umbrage wrote:Anyway, my 'stifling discussion' post spawned more discussion than anything so far, so I'm calling it a success. The scummiest players so far are ThAdmiral and Cyberbob. They come in, vote un-randomly, and disappear. Don't like.
It's been less than a day. At least in this game we have every player posting at LEAST once per day.
TheLonging wrote:I want to see ortiz's next content filled post. This will help me determine numerous questions I have about the game.
I want to see your first.
sorasgoof wrote:As for you, el simo, you said you were randomly voting. It's interesting how your "RANDOM" vote happened to follow the bandwagon. To me, it looks like you're trying to jump on the largest bandwagon and further it without too much (read: any) reasoning. How can you even say it was unrelated? It's interesting because it's too much of a coincidence.
You think that el simo tried to push an RVS wagon to completion? lolno.
Cyberbob wrote:
Olinea wrote:Cyberbob picks out Umbrage and ortiz's self-votes. Both were obvious jokes but Umbrage started it. Cyberbob decides he's gonna vote ortiz anyways, because when you want to stifle that kind of behavior you vote for the person who followed it rather than started it, right?
I don't give a rat's arse whether they're the funniest jokes in the world. I consider self-voting to be against one's win condition and contrary to the spirit of the game no matter the context. I chose ortiz over Umbrage because I dislike numbers in usernames.
Fair enough. That's using somewhat RVS justification for a vote which wasn't RVS, but alright.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Olinea wrote:Fair enough. That's using somewhat RVS justification for a vote which wasn't RVS, but alright.
I knew I'd cop flak for choosing one over the other no matter which one I picked, figured it might as well be for a nonsense reason.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

chamber wrote:Are you asking me?
Yes. Don't play coy. This is the second time you avoided giving a reason to your vote.

I see you have since done so. Thank you for that, but why not state this up front?
Don't ask me to provide self meta

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”