Newbie 1045: Christmas in Newbieville! (Mafia Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Glass (1): ender241
MrBump (2): Fungrus, Korts
ender241 (2): Napher, MrBump
Korts (1): Mr. Flay
Fungrus (1): Thor665

Not voting (2): Leopold, Glass

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch!
Deadline is January 14th, 2010 at 4:00PM.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green shirt thursdays
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by MrBump »

It's still a bit fishy, even as a newbie, to just switch votes any time anyone questions your old vote at all. It's like he's thinking "Crap, that makes me look like Mafia if I vote him so I'll take it off."
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by ender241 »

Mate, i'm not mafia if you wanna vote me then your gonna lose a (fellow? - unsure who your allied with at the moment) townie so i think it's a complete waste of time for voting me as there are more people who are suspicous and actually are mafia.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Glass »

Hello guys, sorry was busy today so I didn't have the chance to post yet.

Anyways, do we typically just vote randomly on the first day?

And @ ender: who are these "suspicious people" you talk about?
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by ender241 »

Read between the lines my friend (not my posts but others).
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ugh. Yeah, ender's either newbtown or newbscum, too soon to tell right now. Definitely newbie though (no offense.. we all start somewhere).

Glass: We do whatever we want. If voting randomly doesn't make sense, don't do it. The game usually STARTS that way, but we've already got some good stuff to chew on without drawing out Random Voting Phase longer than necessary...

Speaking of which, I'm tempted to vote Bump. UNVOTE: Korts at the least, joke votes are so last page.
Retired as of October 2014.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Glass »

I think that the fungrus FOS is offtrack, the only reason I see that he is scummy is because he didn't vote ender who tried to vote no one (which a newb can make the mistake of doing). Also, since Mr. Bump was associated with fungrus that would make ender maf because fungrus did not vote for him (a mafia would have no problem jumping on a townie making a newb mistake), it would make fungrus maf, and it would make Mr. Bump maf.

3 != 2

Although I am slightly suspicious of ender atm (and no this is not a omgus) because of his quick changing in votes and asking me to gather my own analysis on the situation; saying that there are "scummy people" while telling me to find them myself.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

The quick change of votes is a pretty weak scumtell as, generally, scum want to lynch somebody. You'll note of the experienced players I'm the only one who hasn't changed my vote yet - it's normal to be vote hopping at this stage as you try to get wagons up and running and pressure people. Speaking of that;

@Flay - you're "tempted" to vote Mr. Bump? I can see why, and I agree with it, but I'm curious why don't you at this stage?

@Glass - it's not that he didn't vote him, it's that he called his actions scummy and didn't vote for him. If you have no reads on anyone and then someone does something scummy what reason is there to not vote them? I submit that there really isn't one (especially in this game setup and at this stage of the game). Also, what do you see as the Mr. Bump/fungrus connection that suggests they are scumbuddies?

@Napher - what's your read on Glass at the moment?

@Mr. Bump - what are your feelings about the current pressure upon you - I believe it's two votes and at least both Flay and I have expressed interest in the wagon.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Glass »

Korts wrote:Confusion is not a scumtell.
^for why not to vote someone who does something "scummy". Being unaware of how the game functions is not scummy.
Korts wrote:
unvote

I disagree, Thor. Fungrus isn't quite as scummy as MrBump. Take a look at how he points out something to be targeted (Fungrus' questionable attack) and dismisses it by voting elsewhere. As it stands MrBump is scummy, and Fungrus too by association.

VOTE: MrBump
^And the part of Fungrus and MrBump being scumbuddies came from this.
Fungrus
Fungrus
Goon
Fungrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Fungrus »

Thor665 wrote: @Glass - it's not that he didn't vote him, it's that he called his actions scummy and didn't vote for him. If you have no reads on anyone and then someone does something scummy what reason is there to not vote them? I submit that there really isn't one (especially in this game setup and at this stage of the game). Also, what do you see as the Mr. Bump/fungrus connection that suggests they are scumbuddies?
The reason is I'm a human being and not a cold hard robot made from irrefutable logic, i.e. it seemed like such an obvious scumtell that it had to come from someone with very little experience. Casting my mind back to when I first started playing I think that if I was town I would suggest something like that, and if I was mafia I would keep my head down at all costs, especially not make the first post. That is why even though I found his actions to be inherently scummy, they led me to believe that he was not scum.

Why I didn't vote anyone; I like to use my random vote to respond to another player's post, as this amuses me more than voting off of name or something. I would say that it is my “meta” but since this is my first game here, there's no way to confirm that is there.
unvote

Vote: Mr. Flay

because him being “tempted” to vote someone and then not actually voting anyone to pressurise them, now that we've moved on to a bit more of a serious stage, seems like he's waiting for a bandwagon to form that he can hop on without sticking his neck out to help form it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Merry Christmas from your mod!
(or, Happy Festivus if you're an atheist :P)
green shirt thursdays
Napher
Napher
Townie
Napher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Napher »

@Thor Glass seems to be making some good points that don't make him seem scummy at all IMO.

I'm starting to see what you guys are talking about MrBump and Fungrus may be working together or at least Fungrus is scum. I would be willing to jump on the bandwagon once I find more proof, as right now I'm not certain.
Unvote: Ender241

FOS: Fungrus
Napher
Napher
Townie
Napher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Napher »

Also I still suspect ender may be mafia but he isn't as suspicious as Fungrus, what he did may have just been something that a beginner would do as Kort pointed out.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:19 am

Post by MrBump »

Thor665 wrote:@Mr. Bump - what are your feelings about the current pressure upon you - I believe it's two votes and at least both Flay and I have expressed interest in the wagon.
I'm honestly quite confused, as I explained it. I realised it was a newbie mistake Ender made and I'm not going to jump on him for that. It's just silly.

I can see from these posts Ender is simply unaware. He's likely to swap his votes around the place, so;
UNVOTE: Ender

I'm not confident enough in any of the wagons/FOS's to cast a vote yet, as we're clearly past the pure RVS.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thor665 wrote:@Flay - you're "tempted" to vote Mr. Bump? I can see why, and I agree with it, but I'm curious why don't you at this stage?
It's early page 2 and there's lots of little posts going on? I don't have time over the holiday weekend to really sift through the thread yet, so I'm not voting (also, I was waiting on a vote count). I can see some of what people were talking about, but a lot of it seems predicated on Fungrus, who I don't get as scummy yet.
Retired as of October 2014.
Napher
Napher
Townie
Napher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Napher »

Mr. Flay wrote:It's early page 2 and there's lots of little posts going on? I don't have time over the holiday weekend to really sift through the thread yet, so I'm not voting (also, I was waiting on a vote count). I can see some of what people were talking about, but a lot of it seems predicated on Fungrus, who I don't get as scummy yet.
Now that you have seen the vote count who are your main suspects?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Glass »

Thor665 wrote:
Vote: Fungrus

He called something pro-scum but decided *not* to vote anyone because...the person who did the pro-scum thing might be a newbie?
*is a newbie
Thor665 wrote:The quick change of votes is a pretty weak scumtell as, generally, scum want to lynch somebody.
^dont these two statements contradict each other? Fungrus = scum for not voting, but scum wants to lynch.
Thor665 wrote:You'll note of the experienced players I'm the only one who hasn't changed my vote yet - it's normal to be vote hopping at this stage as you try to get wagons up and running and pressure people.
So why haven't you been changing votes? I am rather curious about this.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Korts »

Dear ender.
ender241 wrote:Mate, i'm not mafia if you wanna vote me then your gonna lose a (fellow? - unsure who your allied with at the moment) townie so i think it's a complete waste of time for voting me as there are more people who are suspicous and actually are mafia.
Stop that. Now. We don't know your alignment, so the argument you present is completely useless.
ender241 wrote:Read between the lines my friend (not my posts but others).
Uh. No. Sorry, but you're not nearly competent enough not to explain your reasoning. You don't seem to be quite conscious of the effects of your actions, so I want you to be entirely transparent in your actions and logic. Explain everything if asked to, don't be fucking coy.

Love, Korts.
scumchat never die
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:04 am

Post by ender241 »

@Korts Okay, but i'm just curious why did you vote for MrBump? It seemed like you were bandwagoning there.
Show
again.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Korts »

Okay, so for clarity's sake, here's the material I have right now.

Case on Bump. Glass, read this for an explanation for why Fungrus and MrBump may be connected without ender being involved. Fungrus starts the game by explaining to ender that no lynching is bad. MrBump frames Fungrus' argument as "OMGSCUMSLIP, [ender] KNOWS THERE ARE TOWNIES" which, besides being an obvious joke, might be interpreted as MrBump calling Fungrus' argument fallacious. However, Bump's vote goes elsewhere, randomly, instead of going with the Fungrus vote that would logically follow either as a joke or a semi-serious discussion starter. This raises the possibility that Bump is either unconcerned with the level of discussion and the efficiency of scumhunting, or uncomfortable with placing a vote on a scumpartner. Hence Bump is somewhat scummy, and depending on his alignment, Fungrus may be slightly implicated as well.
scumchat never die
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:52 am

Post by MrBump »

Korts wrote:Okay, so for clarity's sake, here's the material I have right now.

Case on Bump. Glass, read this for an explanation for why Fungrus and MrBump may be connected without ender being involved. Fungrus starts the game by explaining to ender that no lynching is bad. MrBump frames Fungrus' argument as "OMGSCUMSLIP, [ender] KNOWS THERE ARE TOWNIES" which, besides being an obvious joke, might be interpreted as MrBump calling Fungrus' argument fallacious. However, Bump's vote goes elsewhere, randomly, instead of going with the Fungrus vote that would logically follow either as a joke or a semi-serious discussion starter. This raises the possibility that Bump is either unconcerned with the level of discussion and the efficiency of scumhunting, or uncomfortable with placing a vote on a scumpartner. Hence Bump is somewhat scummy, and depending on his alignment, Fungrus may be slightly implicated as well.
...People took that seriously?

Remind me to never ever ever ever make a joke again.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Korts »

Oh, I didn't take it seriously. I just felt that would've been a good opportunity to vote.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Korts »

To clarify: at that game state, with that level of information saturation, it would've been a good play to vote Fungrus for the reason your one-liner outlines.
scumchat never die
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:50 am

Post by MrBump »

Ah, okay, I see. I suddenly understand that now. Thanks for that.

I'll learn for next time, anyway.
Just throwing this out there, but I have a gut instinct Thor is Mafia. Just his play reeks of Mafia for some reason, just to me maybe.
Napher
Napher
Townie
Napher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Napher »

To me Thor isnt looking scummy, he is asking reasonable questions the only thing I find fishy is what Glass pointed out about how Thor hadn't changed his vote yet.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”