Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by RobCapone »

sadly there is no excuse to be made, yes I admit I have totally flaked on this game. I knew having a 4th was probably going to be a bit much for me but once I do my nightly family duties (dinner, kids homework, bath, etc) I will be back to read-up and post my thoughts and I will try and get my activity up.

I decline to comment on the lurker hunting because that is an ongoing game, Guderian you should know better than to discuss ongoing games
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@Jerbs. No, I will not vote a certain way just becaues I am told to. I am not 5 years old. Being told TO vote and being told who to vote for are two very different scenarios. Its like telling someone who's been quiet to post versis telling someone who's been quiet exactly what to write.

For your second point, you're right. My bad. But I just didn't like how VV left his vote open so he could go back in and say "oh yeah, that's what I meant later."

And third, a weak vote is better than no vote at all and a vote that is strategically hard to argue against is shadier than one that isn't.

Unrelated, I think all the attention that Rob is getting would be a nice cover for scum to hide behind. Theres a lot of people providing their input and they're all saying the same thing. Scum could easily blend in. Not pointed at anyone specifically, but I'm just watching the Rob voters.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Cool, rob shows up when his name is called. Lynch now please.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, Ross, please get an avatar. Thanks.
YOUR AD HERE

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by pappums rat »

rob- all that activity in other games and yet not a single post in this one? your answer does not sit well with me im afraid. for now i have an fos on you, i dont like lurkers.

i agree that all the discussion from vv, ross and mute probably is not going to tell us anything, though ross' posts seem slightly fishy to me. its probably nothing, but i will keep my eye on him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What specifically about Ross is "fishy"?
YOUR AD HERE

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by pappums rat »

it's mainly just gut, though i thought these first two posts were bad:
RossWilliam wrote:Tasky, I can't tell if your request is serious or not because your reason for being town does nothing to prove you are town. Also, am I correct in that we've quickly moved on from random voting?
RossWilliam wrote:
Tasky wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:Tasky, I can't tell if your request is serious or not because your reason for being town does nothing to prove you are town. Also, am I correct in that we've quickly moved on from random voting?
do you think my post was meant to prove I am town?
don't you think it might just be a funny way to start some discussion?
which of the votes seems non-random to you? if you think we are already out of RVS, mind stating who your top suspect is?
So defensive. Yeah, actually I did think you were trying to get people to give good reasons why they were town, which would of started discussion just fine. But you didn't do that. And I believe that as soon as the first non-random vote is cast, RVS is over. And Mute said himself that his vote in Post 21 wasn't random. I don't have a top suspect yet, I've never been good at drawing incriminating evidence in first page or two of posts. I think there might be something between Mute and VP Baltar, or maybe you, but I'm not about to point any fingers when we haven't seen definite posts from the whole cast of players

it was obvious that tasky was not serious (he gave his response to his own question as being because he noticed the mod misspelled mafia ffs) and then he claimed tasky was being defensive, when in reality it seemed to me that it was the other way around. so with that in mind, i will

unvote
vote rosswilliam
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Guderian »

It is not ongoing Rob, it is your playstyle, you always like to look for lurkers and be active, plus you had about 30 posts in other games before your second one here, which happened to directly coincide with three votes coming down on you. Explain why all this doesn't look suspicious.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Guderian »

By the way, I would just like to reaffirm that somehow in two posts with one being a random vote start Dizzle has managed to set off massive alarm bells of scumminess in my head.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

3rd vote count of day 1:

Rosswilliam - 4 (Tasky, Vigilante Ventrioquist, Jerbs, Pappums rat)
Robcapone- 3 (Ellibereth, Guderian, VP Baltar)
Mute - 2 (Dizzle, AGar)
VP Baltar - 1 (Llamagod)
Llamagod - 1 (Robcapone)
Vigilante Ventrioquist - 1 (Rosswilliam)

Not voting: 1 (Mute)

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than Friday Jan 14th at 3pm CST
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by RobCapone »

OK kids are in bed so this is my read through up until when I posted, I will comment on anything after that in my next post.

page 1
- the things I don't like on page 1 is Tasky quick vote putting mute at 3 but even more off is how quickly pappums follows suit
Not sure why Elli chose to ask Dizzle about his RVS vote, she could have asked that question to anyone. (noticing she brings it up later in the thread just makes it seem even more odd but I don't like Dizzle's response, he says it is RVS but it didn't seem that way to me because typically RVS votes should have some sort of comment about why the vote, even if it is something ridiculous like " because I don't like mutes" or some shit.)

page 2
. Mute is saying she uses a bit of wifom to determine if somebody is committing a scumtell, which is funny cause that is how I normally play (are you in my head mute), I lol'd at Tasky's question and his response, mute's answer just made me roll my eyes because she is implying town is only able to ask question (yes I understand this questionnaire isn't serious but even responses to stupid questions can be analyzed)

I don't see Tasky being defensive like Ross accused him of, just seems ross is trying to throw some dirt on somebody voting for him

Vigilante's post about Tasky's explanation marks, WHAT? that makes no sense to me.

fos mute for prefering ImWY over EGMEOY, ImWY looks equally retarded

This quote from Ross
I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum.
strikes me as odd, it's like he is intentionally adjusting his play because he doesn't want to seem scummy, if he is town he should not be concerned with his appearances as long as he knows he is town he should just play his style.

Page 3

I agree with the point I think mute was trying to say and it is something I say almost every game, if you think somebody is scummy, even if it is a weak reason, don't be afraid to stand it. I am also completely for people providing a reason for their votes, votes without reason are uselss imo

I like Vig's question, Voting without a reason makes it easier for scum to slip in under the radar, if you are trying to lynch somebody you better have a reason for your vote. Interesting Ross turns around and votes Vig after vig was speaking actual sense.

FOS Ross

HI GUDERIAN

Agar - WTF?!?!

I think Vig is onto something

Elli - yay you see I have posted in games I am deeply into, nice work

why is Dizzle's RVS response a lie? do you know something the rest of us don't?

and that is where I get home from work, Will post my 2nd post in a bit
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by RobCapone »

ok so here I am, back to Gud's original post. yes I do like to post a ton when I am not at work, last couple of weeks I was off work most of the time caus emy work has use it or lose it for our leave so I was online more often.

as for my lurker hunting, yes in the other game we are playing day 1 I was attacking the lurkers and in my other games I also comment on lurkers because I feel that it isn't helping the town. YES I realize I am guilty of it and it is just a bunch of things that all came together at the wrong time.

I got a PM from the mod Saturday afternoon that the game was open, that is when I made my RVS but in the meantime I was in 3 other games that were heating up, 2 resulted in a lynch and went into night the other was also heating up. I was REALLY into those games at the moment and I had forgot to bookmark the link to this game thread so I just forgot about it. Like I said it isn't a good excuse but it is the truth.

Today I am back to work, I manage 1 post all day long because I am not allowed on the internet at work anymore (got in trouble for too much personal use and I am being monitored daily) so I logged in around lunch time to browse the threads but there is no way I was going to start engaging in back and forth conversations on MS from my iphone.

NOW

VP - you realize I could have showed up tomorrow and you could easily say the same thing to me, doesn;t mean it is any true now than it would be tomorrow. I had just got home and was looking over my threads, I wasn't even going to post before I did all my stuff but I had a few minutes. and 2ndly would it have really been better for me to not say anything at all? When I am able to be on a computer and can get on MS I am going to play the game, you can look at my history, I do like to post alot when I am able to.

@pappums - yes I had more activity in those other games and I was neglecting this one, but like I just explained 2 games were near lynches and went into night phase and the other one I am equally drawn into, this game was just starting up and I just forgot.

I will add that if I am not able to increase my activity within the next couple of days I will ask the mod to replace me but for now since 2 of my games are in Night Phases I should have more time for this game.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Guderian »

Unvote

Vote: Dizzle

Do you still like your vote where it is Rob?
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Mute »

@Rob: I'm a male, btw. =P
OMGYS @ not liking ImWY

And you're not the first person to say something along those lines.

Now then:
Vote: AGar

So far your only post of any content is weak. You assume I'm scum based solely on RVS votes and call out my getting another player to get involved in the game.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by RobCapone »

at first I thought I was okay with it but it looks like it has been a full 72 hours since their vote

MOD can you prod Llama god since they have passed your 72 hours activity limit
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Mute wrote:@Rob: I'm a male, btw. =P
OMGYS @ not liking ImWY

And you're not the first person to say something along those lines.

Now then:
Vote: AGar

So far your only post of any content is weak. You assume I'm scum based solely on RVS votes and call out my getting another player to get involved in the game.
I willprobably call you she a few more times before I catch myself but noted you are a HE
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Mute »

S'all good mah man.
:chest pound:
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by RobCapone »

unvote Vote: Agar

since my RVS is inactive, i;ll go after the most scummiest vote of the game so far to see what he has to say.

This vote on Mute seems very opportunistic, especially coming back from a V/LA it doesn't seem you really read up, just jumped on the largest bandwagon that you could find.
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Dizzle »

Ellibereth wrote:From a non-lurkerhunting standpoint...
I don't like Tasky and Dizzle.
Sorry, are you calling us lurkers or not?
Guderian wrote:Don't like Dizzle. Your questions seem to be without point.
I admit that my question to Mute was relatively pointless, other than to press his buttons and see if he actually freaked out. I stand by my other questions. What about me is setting off massive alarm bells?
RobCapone wrote:I don't like Dizzle's response, he says it is RVS but it didn't seem that way to me because typically RVS votes should have some sort of comment about why the vote, even if it is something ridiculous like " because I don't like mutes" or some shit.
My bad, I'll include more random shit in my random vote next game. BTW, I'll have you all know that I absolutely love mutes.

Anyway, still not liking the way Ross's admission that he was in self-preservation mode, followed by his immediate change in strategy once it was called out for the nonsense that it was.

Unvote
Vote: RossWilliam
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Guderian »

Guys, Dizzle just unvoted and voted to put Ross at L-2 with this amazing reasoning.
Anyway, still not liking the way Ross's admission that he was in self-preservation mode, followed by his immediate change in strategy once it was called out for the nonsense that it was.

Unvote
Vote: RossWilliam
Can we all get about to voting him please? That was one of the scummiest votes switches I have ever seen.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Mute »

RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
Yet that's precisely what has happened.
You're causing more confusion than what is beneficial to the town at this point.
Unvote; Vote: RossWilliam
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

Yikes
L-1
Noone hammer.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Guderian »

Take your god damn votes of RossWilliam.

At least announce
L-1
as well.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Guderian »