Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

Post by Da_Mafia_Godfather »

Alduskkel wrote:
Da Mafia Godfather wrote:I might be alone here but apart from this question I have not the first clue of what to do. And that's Hoopla's fault. That's also why she's scum.
Da Mafia Godfather wrote:Its Hoopla's fault because she's the one that begun oddly which has put me out of sorts. I've played Mafia before on forums, yes.
This is really lame. I don't see how Hoopla can possibly be sabotaging your ability to play. This sounds like just an excuse to park your vote somewhere and then not do anything else because the person you're voting for has somehow caused you to be unable to do anything else. Frankly if you're confused then it's your fault, you need to read and understand the game. It's not Hoopla's fault.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now.
I've played a lot of games and never been as confused as I am now. I can't be the problem because otherwise I would have been equally confused in tyhose games.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 am

Post by andrew94 »

how are u confused
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 am

Post by andrew94 »

unvote
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Fenchurch »

How would you have expected the game to begin then DMG? What do you need to happen to become less confused, what information do you want to find out? Scum aren't just going to reveal themselves to you. You are one of the players here, you have the power to influence the game, and ask the questions that you need to.

Aside from that... re-reading.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Okay. I can kind of see where Ald and Stef are coming from, saying that Hoopla and andrew's actions are not that different; I agree that I was more willing to see underlying motivation in Hoopla's than andrew's, although I still think that a vote and/or case coming right at the start of the game, with zero information, can be judged differently to any thereafter.

I also thought that was a fairly standard opening - not just from Hoopla - but I can't point to any similar games right now so maybe I'm imagining it.

Other notes:
andrew94, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2707752#p2707752]#61[/url] wrote:how am i implicitly defending alduskkel??? for all i know, its a sick role play
This still strikes me as a strange/scummy response to make.
Hoopla wrote:Andrew is probably town - his attack on me impassioned and persistent, and although it has come to the wrong conclusion, I think scum would be wary to tunnel so early in the game based on a perceived action. Fenchurch has faulted andrew for holding onto a poor case, but what makes it different now, is that he has received a decent amount of pressure from Fenchurch (and others less directly), yet still hangs on tight. This means either of two things; he is town and genuinely believes he has caught something, or he is scum and believes he can get away with his vote.
I agree with this to a certain extent, but I also think that players who are scum often worry that it will be seen as suspicious to do a total U-turn, and so they will hang on to a weak case in the face of all else.

I also agree with the various observations on ConfidAnon. However...
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:I might be alone here but apart from this question I have not the first clue of what to do. And that's Hoopla's fault. That's also why she's scum.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:I've played a lot of games and never been as confused as I am now. I can't be the problem because otherwise I would have been equally confused in tyhose games.
This is super-weak. My theory: DMG is town in his other games and scum here, and trying to cover up the fact that he doesn't know how to pretend to scumhunt when he's scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Fenchurch wrote:
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:I might be alone here but apart from this question I have not the first clue of what to do. And that's Hoopla's fault. That's also why she's scum.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:I've played a lot of games and never been as confused as I am now. I can't be the problem because otherwise I would have been equally confused in tyhose games.
This is super-weak. My theory: DMG is town in his other games and scum here, and trying to cover up the fact that he doesn't know how to pretend to scumhunt when he's scum.

UNVOTE:
I am hunting for scum and analysing people's posts but because of Hoopla's actions I can't get a general feel for the game (for example because the game didn't begin in an orderly fashion with everybody making a couple of posts on page 1 I keep on forgetting that Stefunny and CA are in this game which throws my whole analysis and thinking out of whack.)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote: I am hunting for scum and analysing people's posts but because of Hoopla's actions I can't get a general feel for the game (for example because the game didn't begin in an orderly fashion with everybody making a couple of posts on page 1 I keep on forgetting that Stefunny and CA are in this game which throws my whole analysis and thinking out of whack.)
Are you serious? How often do mafia games follow the expected pattern? Unusual things happen, just do your best to adapt and figure it out. You're a mafia player - it's what you need to do.
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Hoopla wrote:
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote: I am hunting for scum and analysing people's posts but because of Hoopla's actions I can't get a general feel for the game (for example because the game didn't begin in an orderly fashion with everybody making a couple of posts on page 1 I keep on forgetting that Stefunny and CA are in this game which throws my whole analysis and thinking out of whack.)
Are you serious? How often do mafia games follow the expected pattern?
Almost always
Unusual things happen, just do your best to adapt and figure it out. You're a mafia player - it's what you need to do.
That's what I'm doing. I am one of the few players who is voting scum after all.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Hoopla »

You're voting me because you think the game is confusing.

:roll:
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by andrew94 »

if all mafia games follow a pattern . then only one faction would ever win.

@fenchurch, its my obvservation, you said it was weird earlier, now its scummy ? = =

vote confid
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Unvote.

@andrew94: Why is ConfidAnon suspicious? Are you comfortable with the fact that you placed him at L-1?

@DMG: Have you been scum before? If so, can you link to the game?
How is it Hoopla's fault if you're forgetting that certain people are, you know, in the game? All I see is you trying to shift blame onto Hoopla, who you claim to be scum because she has confused you. But, first of all, this is built upon the presumption that you are pro-Town (as if Hoopla has confused a Scum-DMG then that's a pro-Town thing), so we cannot follow your case because we do not know that you are Town.

Can you identify what Hoopla did to confuse you, and why it confused you? How is this a failure on Hoopla's part and not your own? You raised the idea that, because you did not have this problem in other games, then it must be a result of Hoopla's actions. However, if that is so, then why does no one else seem confused? How do you know it was Hoopla and not someone else who confused you?

Some of these questions are redundant but I expect detailed answers.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Ca posted fluff at the start.voted me with crap reasoning 'fenchurch vs andrew' then misrep'ed me.
y not L1. nobody will get away with a 'oh i forgot it was L1 hammer'
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:06 am

Hoopla wrote:You're voting me because you think the game is confusing.

:roll:
No I'm voting you because you purposely confused me.
Have you been scum before? If so, can you link to the game?
I haven't got a completed game.
How is it Hoopla's fault if you're forgetting that certain people are, you know, in the game?
This is a seven player game. I'm forgetting them because everyone didn't begin the game on equal footing. Hoopla took pains to make it so that when day begun this was "The Hoopla Show" and as such the only people I can recall are those that were players in The Hoopla Show.

Can you identify what Hoopla did to confuse you, and why it confused you?
Her distracting pre-game play meaning the day begun partway through the day only that is (of course) impossible.
How is this a failure on Hoopla's part and not your own?
If it was me then I'd be confused in my other game. I might be the only person who can fall for Hoopla's trick. That doesn't change the fact that it was Hoopla's trick.
You raised the idea that, because you did not have this problem in other games, then it must be a result of Hoopla's actions. However, if that is so, then why does no one else seem confused?
Honestly I haven't seen CA and Stefunny play as well as I'd expect from other games (CA especially) so I don't really agree with your premise.
How do you know it was Hoopla and not someone else who confused you?
Well I don't know but the instigator, the one who put the most effort in and the one that gloated about the confusion caused "You can't vote me the game hasn't started" (not an exact quote) was Hoopla.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:53 am

Post by andrew94 »

lol! suggesting that you are in scum in an uncompleted game
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:08 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Votecount

ConfidAnon (2): Hoopla, Andrew94
Hoopla (1): Da_Mafia_Godfather
Andrew94 (1): ConfidAnon
Da_Mafia_Godfather (1): Fenchurch
Nobody (2): Stefunny, Alduskkel
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Fenchurch »

andrew94 wrote:lol! suggesting that you are in scum in an uncompleted game
I took it to be just a blanket answer that no matter what we ask him about his previous experience, he can't back it up with any game links. But it could be what you say.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Honestly I haven't seen CA and Stefunny play as well as I'd expect from other games (CA especially) so I don't really agree with your premise.
So DMG has made some observations on other players, but still doesn't use it to form any reads. I swear there's a good chance it's because he's blinded by the fact he's scum himself.

My current pick for scumbuddy is CA, and I'd be happy to see either of them lynched today.
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:51 am

Eh, when did I say I didn't have any reads? Scum is Hoopla and Adulskel/CA.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Fenchurch »

You implied it with "this game is hopeless for town" and "I'm so confused".

Why Ald?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Also, just noticed this from earlier:
andrew94 wrote:@fenchurch, its my obvservation, you said it was weird earlier, now its scummy ? = =
When I said weird earlier, I meant I found it scummy. Weird as in, a weird thing for town to say; it didn't strike me as genuine.
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:00 am

1. He helped Hoopla with her anti-town play.
2. Process of Elimination
3. Gut (he's too busy clarifying things so nobody can make a bad case on him.)
Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Stefunny »

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:1. He helped Hoopla with her anti-town play.
2. Process of Elimination

3. Gut (he's too busy clarifying things so nobody can make a bad case on him.)
I thought you were too confused to make reads on people? How can you eliminate those players then? Your arguments so far have been pretty weak and you seem to be very set on proving Hoopla is scum because you are confused.
And I don't understand how Ald helped Hoopla with any anti-town play. All I can see is that Ald also questioned Hoopla's timing and then called
YOU
out on some questionable play regarding your vote.

I'm starting to read scum on DMG due to the attempts to scum-hunt that seem so so unfounded.

I read pretty null on Ald, I think his questioning of Hoopla was pretty legitimate but I don't understand the Confid vote, especially based off of only 4 posts.
I'd really like to see Confid post more, or at least post some content.
I think Fen is playing a pretty pro-town game. I really like her questioning and I think she was open to people pointing out why they disagree with her.
I still don't know if I agree with the CA FOS, just because we haven't really heard much from CA. If he continues to lurk, then yes I do consider it scummy, but it's pretty early in the game.

Please stop blaming your confusion on another player and try to come up with some better reasoning, because right now it looks like you are desperately trying to prove someone else is scum with little to no evidence.
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 am

When did I say I couldn't get reads on people?
Stefunny wrote:
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote: And I don't understand how Ald helped Hoopla with any anti-town play. All I can see is that Ald also questioned Hoopla's timing and then called
YOU
out on some questionable play regarding your vote.
Don't be deliberately obtuse, are you seriously arguing that Adulskey didn't make 14/15 posts before the game had begun (AKA helping Hoopla with her deliberate anti-town play)? Can you honestly say that with a straight face?

Sincxe I don't want to waste my vote, I'll.
Vote: CA
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Why is it anti-town to make posts before the game has 'begun'?

And if you have reads, in what way are you/were you ever confused?
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:14 am

Fenchurch wrote:Why is it anti-town to make posts before the game has 'begun'?
Because it has the chance to confuse people.
And if you have reads, in what way are you/were you ever confused?
I'm having to do a lot more rereads and ISOs than I'm used to. I can't remember anything about this game when I'm not on the thread.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by andrew94 »

ca is L1 now..

Return to “Completed Open Games”