Delete this

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 am

Post by bv310 »

Do one for Amnesia or Penumbra.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm going to finish this Let's Play first. After this, we'll see what happens.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote:I'd avoid going for hacks, unless there is something really, really special about it. 99.99% of hacks are utter gash. I'd just say stick with decent games that are lesser known (or games that might not be decent by themselves, but would be entertaining to watch someone else playing).
There's a handful of really good SMB3 hacks, some with altered mechanics or gameplay - but the ones I enjoyed most were purely level edits, pitting the player against the same loved game, but with fresh new areas to stimulate the senses. Most hacks have a slight difficulty increase too, which caters for skilled fans, given the original is generally quite easy. There's an even bigger pool of good Super Mario World hacks, if you're more interested in that engine (I'm not).

I think if you find a good hack to play, it can be quite interesting for the viewer, because they too love the original game you're playing but are probably sick of seeing it played through, especially if you're not super charismatic or insightful. Hacks enable the viewer to get a flavour of the original game they love, whilst also getting to see something new.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Oman »

sorasgoof wrote:I'm sorry I asked for feedback. Mods, if you see this, please delete this thread. I knew I didn't like mafiascum that much anyway. People here aren't, in all honesty, that helpful. Thanks to those who actually gave constructive criticism and
were
actually trying to help.
HAHAHA! Don't get the answer you want? Cry and take your ball home!

The answers you want are elsewhere. Your inability to take criticism is hilarious, especially with the "I knew I didn't like you guys, I just wanted your approval".
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Oman wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:I'm sorry I asked for feedback. Mods, if you see this, please delete this thread. I knew I didn't like mafiascum that much anyway. People here aren't, in all honesty, that helpful. Thanks to those who actually gave constructive criticism and
were
actually trying to help.

The answers you want are elsewhere. Your inability to take criticism is hilarious, especially with the "I knew I didn't like you guys, I just wanted your approval".
I don't know exactly who you think you are, but you're being an asshole, plain and simple. You're right. I don't like criticism. I LOVE constructive criticism, something lacking in this thread when I made that post. This is the EXACT REASON I don't like half the people on mafiascum.

So, leave the thread. You're not helping, and this post I quoted from you shows your inability to read threads and comprehend.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:59 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Hoopla wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:I'd avoid going for hacks, unless there is something really, really special about it. 99.99% of hacks are utter gash. I'd just say stick with decent games that are lesser known (or games that might not be decent by themselves, but would be entertaining to watch someone else playing).
There's a handful of really good SMB3 hacks, some with altered mechanics or gameplay - but the ones I enjoyed most were purely level edits, pitting the player against the same loved game, but with fresh new areas to stimulate the senses. Most hacks have a slight difficulty increase too, which caters for skilled fans, given the original is generally quite easy. There's an even bigger pool of good Super Mario World hacks, if you're more interested in that engine (I'm not).

I think if you find a good hack to play, it can be quite interesting for the viewer, because they too love the original game you're playing but are probably sick of seeing it played through, especially if you're not super charismatic or insightful. Hacks enable the viewer to get a flavour of the original game they love, whilst also getting to see something new.
The problem I have with hacks is the majority of them are by people who have no clue what the hell they're doing. So you either get hacks where the majority of the levels are exactly the same, while the overworld layout is different. Or you'll get hacks where level design hasn't just taken a backseat, but the back of the car fell off as well and it was left behind. (I'm not even talking about the ridiculous ones where it's deliberately done in such a way that you have to use cheats and glitches to complete the level).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Hoopla »

It's not that hard to find good hacks...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Oman »

I don't understand why my post wasn't criticism? Just sayin'.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

sorasgoof wrote: I don't know exactly who you think you are, but you're being an asshole, plain and simple. You're right. I don't like criticism. I LOVE constructive criticism, something lacking in this thread when I made that post.
Bullocks, people were quite clear with their criticism.

1. Don't do Let's Plays of games everyone has played.
1b. If you must use popular games then at least be using mods or be subverting the regular experiance .

2. Change up your dialogue, one long monologue narrating the game isn't very entertaining.

3. Work on your pacing, plan it out to avoid long stretches of dead air.

Don't ask people for feedback if your just going to stamp your feet and sulk if they don't like, it's a waste of both your time and theirs and your behaviour in this thread isn't helping your cause at all.

Buck up, manner up and try agian.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm not going to go through each post, but off the top of my head, telling me to "shut up about the quality" when I mentioned it once in the OP and replied to a comment about it is not constructive criticism and has nothing to do with the video and how to make it better. There were more. Learn to read. Good day.

And telling me not to advertise here, something that was said in NUMEROUS posts, does not help me in any way. I was looking for feedback, and I got people basically telling me to GTFO.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Porochaz »

sorasgoof wrote:
Oman wrote:
were
actually trying to help.

I don't know exactly who you think you are, but you're being an asshole, plain and simple. You're right. I don't like criticism. I LOVE constructive criticism, something lacking in this thread when I made that post. This is the EXACT REASON I don't like half the people on mafiascum.

So, leave the thread. You're not helping, and this post I quoted from you shows your inability to read threads and comprehend.
It's true though, correct? I wrote my post in a way that would hopefully be taken as constructive criticism but you used it as another chance to plug your awesome audio/visuals. The constructive criticism you are getting are problems found at the core of your venture. Hence why it's sounding like just criticism but "doing Super Mario 64 is overplayed you should look up something more unusual" or "You need to be more funny, not talk about the game itself so much" and "this is probably the wrong group of people to ask" are constructive criticisms just not in the way you want and its what most of the posts said.

I warned you about this within the first post. You came in here and posted and advertised or not your venture without learning about the group of users or community this place has and you are upset when people don't go "WOW! Your voice IS so crisp, you are regular Morgan Freeman of the Let's Play world". We don't know you from Adam, you haven't participated in other threads, you haven't let yourself be known. Now we are happy to get to know you if you go into the intro's section or post a few times in other GD thread, get yourself known. You didn't though, you jumped into the deep end and you sank. Now I try to be nice to newbies but I don't suffer fools either and you sir, are a fool if you think you can waltz in and big up something you did and go "LOOK GUISE IM SO AWSUM" and not expect some flak. You went about it the wrong way and you got the response I expected.

Your question was okay if flawed, you got some constructive criticism even if you don't see it, your execution on how to ask was wrong.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

TheButtonmen wrote:3. Work on your pacing, plan it out to avoid long stretches of dead air.
This depends on the game. Most games wont work with dead air, but ssskinner's LP of Limbo had a lot of dead air because it worked better for that game than if she were just talking all the way through it.

In the flip side, if she had done the same with the Claymates game it would have been dull (as it would have been had she been serious throughout and not been joking about through most of it).
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also as far as Im aware, me, Oman, Prana, Demon and Buttonman all gave you constructive feedback throughout the thread.

EDIT: and if you had read up on the playerbase first you would have realised how to take JDodge's comments and how he could have (and has in the past) given good advice.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

sorasgoof wrote:I'm not going to go through each post, but off the top of my head, telling me to "shut up about the quality" when I mentioned it once in the OP and replied to a comment about it is not constructive criticism and has nothing to do with the video and how to make it better. There were more. Learn to read. Good day.
The people in this thread are giving you good clear feedback on the areas you need to improve on, asking for feedback then throwing a hissy fit just because people don't weave compliments throughout it doesn't exactly endear you to us.
sorasgoof wrote: I was looking for feedback, and I got people basically telling me to GTFO.
There were a few steps there you missed;

1) You asked for feedback.
2) You got feedback.
3) You didn't like the feedback and got all pissy.
4) People gave you more feedback and told you to calm down.
5) You got belligerent.
6) People tell you to GFTO.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Oman »

I love Prozac so much. Look at him helpfully knock him back in his place. Can we go back to people thinking we're alts?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Dammit Oman what happened to resolution Smile?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im fairly sure Oman is smiling about now.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Oman »

TheButtonmen wrote:Dammit Oman what happened to resolution Smile?
Resolution Smile is still in effect. Chaz did it with a nice smiley attitude and I was smiling at it. The other one was laughing at his tanty.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:EDIT: and if you had read up on the playerbase first you would have realised how to take JDodge's comments and how he could have (and has in the past) given good advice.
I was going to go through and give detailed criticism until I realized that this is like that guy who tried to advertise his YOUTUBE COOKING SHOW with the appetizer made of dried spices, balsamic vinegar, and wonderbread
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hey! That was the best appetiser I ever had.

Return to “General Discussion”