Newbie 1052 - Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by theplague42 »

@Ty
Do you think I was acting aggressively as a doc? I was hoping to use WIFOM to get others targeted as PRs, but I guess it didn't work out. Then again, if I wasn't aggressive then I'd possibly get lynched or at least forced to claim. Any suggestions?
Part of the problem.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Mute »

JESUS CHRIST YOU PEOPLE ARE SLOW MY GOD I WAS ABLE TO ENTER AND WIN TO COMPLETION ANOTHER NEWBIE GAME WITH A PERFECT SCUM WIN OH WAIT TOWN LOST THIS GAME FUCK WHY DID YOU DO THAT DAWG OMGUS
VOTE WORKDAWG
JUST WOW WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Drench can attest to my rage at this game's drawn out conclusion.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Mute »

Now for a real post.
Dawg: MY LORD BELOW I apologize for that intense battle we had back in this game.
Plague & Neuky: you two know what you're doing.
Ty/Concerned and Stels: Same as above and excellent job with teaching the newbies.
Sundy(/whomever it was you replaced in for): Great win.
Naben/Sordros: posts or gtfo. No seriously, Naben, you completely flaking is and was irresponsible. If I ever get a chance to mod a game I will not allow you in, just so you know. (Hell I doubt you're even reading this.) Sordros you fell victim to that same disinterest but at least you posted, so I'll acknowledge that.
(BTW: I wasn't anywhere near ready to defend the wagon against me when you hammered.)
Nacho: No comments, really. You know your thing about the game, and taught well.
Drench: That prod-post you made using the then-alive players was, hands down, the
single greatest post this game, bar none
. Very good mod you were and I'd happily play under you again if you'd allow it. (But next time please dead QT so I don't have to shout in your ears metaphorically speaking. =x)

That's all she wro--
Oh yeah. That table nonsense.
That's exactly what it was, nonsense. I wanted to have something so shitty and bad that it's just kill scum not to want to attack it, as it was just too obvious a bad argument to make. Hence, why I hammered you stels. Your reaction was the worst to it. (Granted this is coming purely from gut, so I can't explain it other than that.)
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Neuky »

Good game all - sad we lost but I really feel for Dawg being put in that situation. Hindsights a wonderful thing and I'll never know if Ty's last speech would have made me change my mind as I wasn't under the pressure that Dawg was under. My last post before lynching Sordros was bad - I'll not be doing that again.
I'd be happy to play with every one of you again - the game had a good atmosphere and attentive modding with Drench ensuring we all got our butts kicked now and again to maintain activity.
Dawg - I think your play improved immensley through this one game.
Ty - thanks for the words of encouragement - still doesn't change my stats of playing twice now as town, but losing both games! Bah!

I'd like to say more but am off to work right now...
Played 2 - won as town 0 - lost as town 2 - won as scum 0 - lost as scum 0 - Yep, I'm doing that well...
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by Neuky »

Ty wrote:Well here are my endgame analyses on players...

Finally, one last major mistake I noticed was your WIFOM logic on the Day Three (before LyLo) Night Kill. I seem to have skipped over that post until now but it's rife with the kind of WIFOM logic Sundy was probably silently cheering about. Contrary to what you thought, Sundy made the correct choice in NK'ing Neuky. The reason was because Neuky was by far the best scumhunting newbie player and did a fairly good job of scumhunting throughout the game (frankly I was surprised you didn't NK him earlier Sundy, but I was impressed with your Det/Doc kills). You, on the other hand, were much easier to manipulate (I felt like you turned into a shell of your former self after D1). Both Neuky and you stated your suspicion of me after sordros' lynch, but I think I would have been able to have a much better chance of convincing Neuky that Stels was scum in the LyLo based on arguments alone (Neuky, thoughts?).
As I said in my first after game post - hindsight is a marvellous thing. I really liked that last post of yours - it had a huge town feel to it, but I can't blame Dawg for his vote. It was different looking at it from the land of the dead. I did actually re-read some of your ISO's and saw where you were getting at - and this is something I'll add to my ammo next time I play as town. My last post where I put pressure on Dawg to go after you if the sordros vote ended up as a mislynch was bad, and I'm sure just added more pressure on Dawg to vote you in lylo.
Ty wrote:
NEUKY

Haha, I really thought you were a great player. You did a good job throughout and as I said before, you were definitely pro-town from day one and I was surprised you weren't NK'ed earlier. Your scumhunting was very good for being new to the site and I found myself agreeing with a lot of what you were saying. In fact, had to prevent myself from agreeing with you so much because I didn't want others to think I was buddying up to you.
Ha ha! I actually did stop and consider if you were buddying up to me, but just read it as a non-tell. Thanks for the encouragement - as I said, my record is pretty shocking (0/2), but I'll give another newbie game a shot in a while when I get the time. (I never realised just how high-maintenance playing one of these games is!) :D

@Mute - interesting comments about the table - so you did this to draw scum out by seeing who was going to attack you? Interesting idea. Anyway - I get to do this one final time in this thread - :nerd: ....
Played 2 - won as town 0 - lost as town 2 - won as scum 0 - lost as scum 0 - Yep, I'm doing that well...
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Concerned »

Sorry I flaked I suck. It's partly due to being busy in real life and partly due to the fact that I knew Sundy was scum, but I also knew I would never convince town of that.
TY <3.

Sundy's slot got a huge break not having participated for the beginning of this game. Kept us on the back foot the entire game, still caaaallllleeeeddd iitt.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Neuky »

theplague42 wrote:@Ty
Do you think I was acting aggressively as a doc? I was hoping to use WIFOM to get others targeted as PRs, but I guess it didn't work out. Then again, if I wasn't aggressive then I'd possibly get lynched or at least forced to claim. Any suggestions?
I'm not Ty but but I had a good town read on you, and I guess that's what happened?
Drench:
Will we get the QT's?
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Drench »

If both scum players have no objections, then I'll release the QT. Also, let me get the actions.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Drench »

N1
Sundy RBs Mute
Sundy kills Nacho
Plague protects Neuky
Nacho doesn't submit

N1 Results
Nacho dies
Mute is roleblocked

N2
Sundy roleblocks Ty
Sundy kills Plague
Plague protects Ty

N2 Results
Plague dies
Ty is roleblocked

N3
Sundy does not roleblock
Sundy kills Neuky

N3 Results
Neuky dies

All names use the last replacer.
join your union
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Mute »

Loool I was RB'd twice. o-o
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Workdawg »

Nah, just the first night. He has it layed out to show the actions, and the actual results.

I would also like to see the QTs, hurry up scum!
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Neuky »

Yes QT please before thread closes would be nice..
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Stels »

I don't mind the release of the QT.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Stels »

Actually, let me get it now: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/5ENqBpArHHDP
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Stels »

@Mute: you were RB'ed once.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Stels wrote:Actually, let me get it now: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/5ENqBpArHHDP
Quick read :wink:
Part of the problem.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Sundy »

well i had no one to talk to :(
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Workdawg »

QT link no worky :(
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Oh, nm... was some computer issues...

Only interesting thing is the last comment from Sundy...

I guess I didn't see it as a scum slip, but more the way he pointed it out in the thread. I tricky choice of words trying to make me think that, rather than his actual meaning. :/
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Neuky »

That was very interesting Sundy - cheers!
Aah well - I guess its all about learning.
You've been a good bunch to learn with - I hope to encounter you all in a game some time in the future.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”