Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Lowell »

gonnano wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm having second thoughts about the PI wagon -- it's taken off a little too quickly for my tastes. I still think PI seems scummy, but in the past my scum reads have been pretty terrible, so I'm going to play this one by the numbers.

Furcolow is steadily becoming more and more scummy to me: the "meta" appraisal of PI, the whole RQS deal... and this.
furcolow wrote:I am going to put my vote on the first alphabetically to have not posted.
What?! It's WAY too early in the game to say who's a lurker and who just had a busy couple of days IRL. You're just trying to substitute a policy vote for actual scumhunting.
unvote, vote gonnano
; and here I was just about to congratulate everyone on our ability to have a non-trivial early game bandwagon.

Everything about this post rubs me wrong. First off the jumping from the bandwagon just because it got relatively big (L-4/5). Second the justification, basically, "oh I'm bad at mafia." Third the fact that he jumps somewhere else for even dumber reasons that he tries to artificially fluff up: the semantics of what is/isn't a lurker.

Looks very much like gonnano just doesn't want to be stuck on this wagon if it continues to gain steam and is looking for any excuse to jump ship. Makes me think scum protecting his own, or scum not wanting to be seen riding a townwagon.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Furcolow wrote:Well, I've seen her as town, and this is not her as town
I do not want to have to claim, but my survival is good for the town.
Who said anything about claiming? Can you link me to the meta you refer to?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:38 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Also - V/LA for at least two nights, as noted in my post in the signup thread. I'm having an operation done.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:45 am

Post by XScorpion »

Lowell wrote:
gonnano wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm having second thoughts about the PI wagon -- it's taken off a little too quickly for my tastes. I still think PI seems scummy, but in the past my scum reads have been pretty terrible, so I'm going to play this one by the numbers.

Furcolow is steadily becoming more and more scummy to me: the "meta" appraisal of PI, the whole RQS deal... and this.
furcolow wrote:I am going to put my vote on the first alphabetically to have not posted.
What?! It's WAY too early in the game to say who's a lurker and who just had a busy couple of days IRL. You're just trying to substitute a policy vote for actual scumhunting.
unvote, vote gonnano
; and here I was just about to congratulate everyone on our ability to have a non-trivial early game bandwagon.

Everything about this post rubs me wrong. First off the jumping from the bandwagon just because it got relatively big (L-4/5). Second the justification, basically, "oh I'm bad at mafia." Third the fact that he jumps somewhere else for even dumber reasons that he tries to artificially fluff up: the semantics of what is/isn't a lurker.

Looks very much like gonnano just doesn't want to be stuck on this wagon if it continues to gain steam and is looking for any excuse to jump ship. Makes me think scum protecting his own, or scum not wanting to be seen riding a townwagon.
I agree with this post and like Lowell for making it.
I totally don't understand how people are QQ'ing about the 'speed' of PI's wagon when he hasn't even responded since it started. And shame on you Gonnano for unvoting. I would vote for you but I don't want to unvote PI just yet.
you know, instead of voting me, you guys could ask me things :)

It's things like this that make me want to vote you. Stop whining and start scumhunting. When your head is on the chopping block, it's YOUR job to give us reasons not to vote for you, not ours. And that second quote is just plain awful.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:56 am

Post by Furcolow »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
Furcolow wrote:Well, I've seen her as town, and this is not her as town
Who said anything about claiming? Can you link me to the meta you refer to?
how is my linking to the game in which she was town and walling helpful if you're going to be away for 2 days? that's like saying "give me a way to help me paint her as scum or defend her making me appear town when i'm not" to me
vote: julien
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 am

Post by Furcolow »

also, my wagon STARTER is off my wagon
everyone else on my wagon, besides smargaret and scott, are bandwagoning sheep.

the rekindling of my wagon is likely scum-motivated
smargaret actually asked me a few questions, so i have to dismiss her
brosius has played with me before, and didn't particularly leave a good taste in my mouth - i guess that was mutual.

admiral/sathoris, however, are sheep
so is the 3rd person who just voted me

llamafluff, what made you come off my wagon, since you started it?
don't you want to be implicated as WHY I DIED whenever I flip town-aligned?
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 am

Post by Sathoris »

Furcolow wrote:also, my wagon STARTER is off my wagon
everyone else on my wagon, besides smargaret and scott, are bandwagoning sheep.

the rekindling of my wagon is likely scum-motivated
smargaret actually asked me a few questions, so i have to dismiss her
brosius has played with me before, and didn't particularly leave a good taste in my mouth - i guess that was mutual.

admiral/sathoris, however, are sheep
so is the 3rd person who just voted me

llamafluff, what made you come off my wagon, since you started it?
don't you want to be implicated as WHY I DIED whenever I flip town-aligned?
Just because the first person who voted for you decided against it doesn't mean the others are/were just following him. I'm a kind of player who always has a vote on the player he finds the most suspicious. You're not being wagon'd till you get lynched. You're suspicious to several people and they outed that suspicion by voting. Don't act all hurt and claiming powerful abilities to get the people who voted for you to be discredited.

You only reinforced my vote on you.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Furcolow »

Where did I claim any powerful ability? I am not claiming anything, even up until my lynch.
Sorry if you misconstrued something I said.
Go ahead, lynch me. I'm in too many games at the moment, anyways, and I don't really have any good suspects.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Sathoris »

Furcolow wrote:Where did I claim any powerful ability? I am not claiming anything, even up until my lynch.
Sorry if you misconstrued something I said.
Go ahead, lynch me. I'm in too many games at the moment, anyways, and I don't really have any good suspects.
Not in those words, but along the same lines:
Furcolow wrote:I do not want to have to claim, but my survival is good for the town.
Antagonising players into lynching you isn't very pro-town either.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Furcolow »

OK? So I'm saying I'm town because I don't know what to do other than respond, which I am doing
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Furcolow »

inb4 "no true scotsman"

ivy really does wall as town
she is not walling
i dont care what you label this as
i am trying to get scum lynched
if you dont like lynching scum, by all means, lynch me and see what happens
i will flip town
you will frown if you are town
and possibly get looked down upon
because i havent done anything wrong
and the case on me is that i've asked questions, or replied honestly

if i'm scummy, so be it. that's my meta. i'm an aggressive player.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 am

Post by pappums rat »

meta is worthless, and i think it is far too early in the game for someone to be making wall posts. there is not enough information for wall posts. your reason for voting poisonivy is weak, and saying that we will regret lynching you is cheap. i am happy with my vote where it is.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 am

Post by DavidParker »

Furc seems to be living upto his anti-town reputation fairly well.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Beasts of the Sea wrote:2. Ghost Writer's reference to his wiki in post #27 is a lie. He says he's undefeated as scum, but he's clearly not.
2. Good pick up.
Are you two being funny or are you really not getting it? Look at my first 2 answers. Notice a theme there? No? Well, simply read on of my other posts in which I openly say they were purposely and obviously false answers. Way to fail. I wrote the wiki, of course I know my own game record. If you honestly find that to be a good pick-up, then you may want to learn what a good pick-up is, especially since it would mean you didn't pick up on the fact that the answers were false.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Artem »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:Are you worried about PoisonIvy getting closer to the lynch threshold or something? I am voting the person you are voting (with more substantive reasons than you), yet you don't even suggest that I might be bussing. Do you not think that PoisonIvy is scummy for outlining reasons to lynch Furcolow regardless of his alignment, doesn't vote Furcolow, was waiting for Lowell to assess Lowell's alignment (based on Lowell always being scum), and then expresses interest in sliding onto the Furcolow wagon? Or do you think your single reason of PoisonIvy subtly planting WIFOM for any investigative roles is enough to warrant her lynch by itself?
I don't get the bit about bussing. Where does that even come from? Why should I be suggesting that you're bussing just because we're voting for the same person? ARE you bussing?

Just because I'm voting somebody doesn't mean I'm giving a free pass to everybody else voting the same person. I'm looking at reactions and reasons from everybody. Here's the problem(s) I have with your reasons:
Beasts wrote: Uh oh. You detail why it is beneficial to lynch Furculow as town or scum and then you random vote someone based on flawed probabilities? I don't think so. You probably just want someone else to start the bandwagon and you can slide on later, right? Oh, and you are investigation immune scum? Got it.
There's no "detail why it is beneficial to lynch Furculow". There's a blurb about policy-lynching both Fur and Lowell. Since each player has one vote only, it's natural to pick one of the two. (And for what it's worth, I've played with Lowell before and policy-lynch is not completely off-base (sorry, Lowell), though you don't necessarily have the same experience, so this is nothing more than a side-note.)

The real question is why are you singling out PoisonIvy over other players who started with policy-lynch votes? (For example, RedCoyote's vote for XScorpion) Are you focused on PI because she suggested two targets for policy-lynch instead of one, or because her wagon was the biggest, or what?
Beasts wrote: That didn't take long. Joining the Furcolow wagon that she basically initiated, and still waiting to judge Lowell (who hadn't even posted yet) based on him being scum in every game she has played with him (statistical anomaly versus game related content).
I fail to see how somebody wanting to join the wagon they initiated is a scumtell? If anything, it's putting their money where their mouth is.

...or judging another player that you have had previous experience with instead of giving them a free pass? How is that a scumtell?
Beasts wrote: There are other reasons justifying her being scum besides the win condition, "who is town" and "who is scum" stuff. That being said...
...and those reasons are.....

To answer your last question: no, I don't think the WIFOM plant is enough to warrant a lynch, but it's enough to warrant pressure. Your "more substantive" reasons, on the other hand, just feel like a weak attempt at justifying your hop on a wagon that's gaining speed. FoS stands.

-------------------------
Minor points:
- Would love to hear more from PoisonIvy.
- Loving the pressure on Furcolow, but I'm getting a town read on him. (Primarily based on my own panic fits I've thrown, when I was a townie getting wagoned.)
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

RedCoyote wrote:
Admiral 92 wrote:I disagree quite strongly. I have dp marked as town.
I don't like how you just throw this in there without elaborating on it. Why is he town to you?
His goodposting.
Made good points regarding poisonivy and furc.
RedCoyote wrote:
Admiral 92 wrote:Come on, seriously.
I don't like this either. If this is scoffing, it's certainly a confusing way to do it. What's wrong with margaret's comment? Bad post, Admiral.
Oh noes, disapproval!
She was laughingly trying to make it seem like furc was saying that the pro-town thing was to vote him, whereas he was making a point about certainty and uncertainty. It was a massive reach.
GhostWriter wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
Beasts of the Sea wrote:2. Ghost Writer's reference to his wiki in post #27 is a lie. He says he's undefeated as scum, but he's clearly not.
2. Good pick up.
Are you two being funny or are you really not getting it? Look at my first 2 answers. Notice a theme there? No? Well, simply read on of my other posts in which I openly say they were purposely and obviously false answers. Way to fail. I wrote the wiki, of course I know my own game record. If you honestly find that to be a good pick-up, then you may want to learn what a good pick-up is, especially since it would mean you didn't pick up on the fact that the answers were false.
Is a good pick up: "Hey, haven't I seen you before? I remember, it was in my dreams!"?

In other news I felt a lot happier voting poisonivy. Fruc seems to be reacting as a town would in his situation.

vote: poisonivy
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah, I'm seeing Furc-town at this point, but his play definitely isn't being very helpful. Poisonivy scum is largely content based as I think he did make a bit of a slip with his early posts, I don't see it as a genuine misunderstanding, but that seems to be the only other option.

It seems quite a few have Furc nailed as town.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 am

Post by gonnano »

It looks like I need to explain my unvote a little bit better:

Judging by the posts that PoisonIvy has made, I find her to be scummy. Period. However, I have frequently been wrong when I thought that about a player -- and I've seen super fast wagons lynch townies instead of scum much more frequently. Basically what I'm trying to do in this case is to not let my pet reads blind me to the fact that the PI wagon is behaving in a way that I have mostly seen with scum wagons.

To clarify a minor point, I didn't unvote because the wagon got big, but because the wagon got big so quickly that PoisonIvy didn't really have a chance to respond, making me think that at least some of the people on that wagon aren't quite as worried about the actual issues as just pushing through a lynch.

Regarding the whole deal about furcolow thinking scum had daytalk, I can't see that it's a tell either way. Both town and scum had the information available that scumchat stopped 24 hours in, so not understanding that point is a simple mistake that would be just as easy to make as town or scum.

But I can tell you that this is definitely not pro-town behavior:
Furcolow wrote:vote: poisonivy for the reason of survival.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
PoisonIvy
PoisonIvy
Goon
PoisonIvy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:01 am

Post by PoisonIvy »

Pardon me, i have been on the lash the past few days. So, ill be back up and running tomorrow.

Im not fully aware what is happening atm. But i will comment on what i read tomorrow.

~Ivy.
Queen Of Clubs.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 am

Post by DavidParker »

@gonnano: Don't expect pro-town behavior from Furc....

I mean I have a slight town read on him at this point or a push for a policy lynch may be occurring.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by bvoigt »

gonnano wrote:Regarding the whole deal about furcolow thinking scum had daytalk, I can't see that it's a tell either way. Both town and scum had the information available that scumchat stopped 24 hours in, so not understanding that point is a simple mistake that would be just as easy to make as town or scum.
But town might have missed that post, whereas scum would definitely know about it, since they'd be participating in the daytalk.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

GhostWriter wrote:people are jumping on this wagon, only thinking "she must be mafia because she thinks all mafia are Soviets, blah blah blah, and only mafia would do this, blah blah blah, let's leave only two methods of thinking". Right. Because you all had the wincon memorized before someone reposted it for you, right? And someone getting distracted by the giant America/Soviet flag at the top of the page as well as the possible mafia wincon couldn't possibly think that maybe we were up against Soviets, that just doesn't happen, does it? And it's not like they COULD still apply that possibly mafia wincon to our own wincon and say that the Soviets are the threat to peace, could they?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Let's lynch David parker
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Mod: I will be V/LA from Thursday until Sunday.

All: I plan on having a substantial post up before I leave.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by pappums rat »

hey furcolow any reason why?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”