xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

How many games have you completed on this site, GreyICE?

I wanna know.
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 am

Post by GreyICE »

xRECKONERx wrote:How many games have you completed on this site, GreyICE?

I wanna know.
On this site? One, so far.

And look. I can already find obvscum. I mean does it hurt to be this bad at this? :lol:
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

...said the guy that is pushing for a mass-lovers-claim? How the hell is that pro-town at all?

SPOILER ALERT: It's not.
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

You mean it's not pro-town to see if two different players are lovers together and acting scummy together they might be, I dunno... scum?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Thingyman »

xRECKONERx wrote:...said the guy that is pushing for a mass-lovers-claim? How the hell is that pro-town at all?

SPOILER ALERT: It's not.
Please expand on this.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Massclaim is bad because it conveniently shows scum who they can eliminate simultaneously. That's an advantage for scum. I believe loverclaim should only happen when someone is in danger of a lynch.
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

xRECKONERx wrote:Massclaim is bad because it conveniently shows scum who they can eliminate simultaneously. That's an advantage for scum. I believe loverclaim should only happen when someone is in danger of a lynch.
Oh okay. Because the Mafia and Werewolves can eliminate us how?
Mod wrote:Welcome to Lovers Multiball!

You were looking forward to a romantic getaway with your lover, but when the hotel brochure mentioned it had a special for couples, you assumed it meant for married couples. Now that you've seen that most of the lovers here aren't wed, you're infuriated with rage, and will make them pay for their choice to claim to be lovers without marrying eachother. You murdered the hotel manager, who doesn't wear a ring, and yet you saw kissing a girl, and will gladly take care of business with the rest of these phoneys. You have entered this venture with your soulmate, XXX, and also got the assistance of a fellow married couple, XXX and XXX. You've been married to your soulmate since the day you turned 18, and can't imagine life without them, and so if they are killed during this attempt, you will commit suicide so as to show that not even death will separate you from your lover.

You are a Mafia Lover. You win when there are only Mafia Lovers alive in the hotel, or nothing can prevent the same.
You may speak with your fellow Mafia Lovers HERE as long as you are alive.
Mod wrote:Welcome to Lovers Multiball!

You and your lover, both werewolves, were trying to plan your victims for the next full moon, when you saw an ad in the paper for a Valentine's Day hotel getaway package. You knew it was the perfect opportunity to strike, and so booked your tickets immediately. Upon arrival, you did your best to blend in with the croud, until the first night, when you went to work under influence of the full moon. As you were tracking a young woman you saw, you noticed another pair of werewolves, XXX and XXX, doing the same thing. After sharing the kill, you realize you're much better off working together than apart, and so vow to stick together for this, as there's safety in numbers. You've never had respect, much less love, from anyone but your lover since you were bitten, and so can't imagine living without them; if they are killed, you will commit suicide.

You are a Werewolf Lover. You win when Werewolf Lovers are all that remain in the hotel, or nothing can prevent the same.
You may speak with your fellow Werewolf Lovers HERE as long as you are alive.
Hmm, there seems to be SOMETHING MISSING.

Hey Reckoner, so eager to start posting you never checked if you got your cool dark side powers?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 am

Post by silavor »

xRECKONERx wrote:Massclaim is bad because it conveniently shows scum who they can eliminate simultaneously. That's an advantage for scum. I believe loverclaim should only happen when someone is in danger of a lynch.
I'm a little confused as to how having the scum know everyone's couples gives them some sort of advantage that the town doesn't also get.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Purple Orange »

@ Grey - Hahaha. Ha. ha.

And methinks Reck's right. Less info mafia has about who will die if they shoot someone, the better. Would you rather have them aim for who they think the most dangerous singular player is, and maybe shoot the crappier team, or for who they think the most dangerous team-as-a-whole is?

Vote: Antihero
- blissfully ignoring the whole Grey-Reck-claim thing going down around him. (silavor at least gets in on the action tangentially with his vote)
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Lulz. No nightkill. I'm an idiot too.

Well, change shoot to push-for-a-lynch?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:37 am

Post by GreyICE »

Uh, yeah, think that one's less convincing ;)

Unfortunately, I think this clears xRECKONERx because there's no way that all 4 scum in the scum QT missed the fact that they don't have a night kill (unless we have exceptionally dense scum on one of the teams... Reck, is your lover really Vezok?).

It half clears Purple Orange, but the 'oh lolz' is a little contrived, but I'll say town.

So now I need more scum reads.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Thingyman »

@ GreyICE

You had one game on this site. Can you link to it?

How many games do you have on other sites - if any?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Antihero »

Purple Orange wrote:@ Grey - Hahaha. Ha. ha.

And methinks Reck's right. Less info mafia has about who will die if they shoot someone, the better. Would you rather have them aim for who they think the most dangerous singular player is, and maybe shoot the crappier team, or for who they think the most dangerous team-as-a-whole is?

Vote: Antihero
- blissfully ignoring the whole Grey-Reck-claim thing going down around him. (silavor at least gets in on the action tangentially with his vote)
Oh, come on, leading off the game with a Mari vote is fun.

About the whole claim thing: I think it's pretty pointless. As the game progresses, it should become obvious who's paired with whom; a mass claim really doesn't do anything for anybody right now. Also, how is silavor's vote anymore related to the issues at hand than mine?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Grey:
GreyICE wrote:Also I really smell a mass lovers claim coming on at some point.
That doesn't sound like
"I suggest a mass claim so we know who we're lynching"
That sounds like someone who hopes it won't happen, but figures it will, so is going to get early credit while doing little to nothing to actually have one happen. 
Vote: GreyICE

Here's how you get a mass lover claim:
I'm paired with Thingy.

Also, the only one it clears is silavor.  The only way it clears Reckoner or PO is if you believe that antitowns wouldn't lie when it's advantageous for them to do so.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 am

Post by GreyICE »

Thingyman wrote:@ GreyICE

It's linked in my Wiki page, mini 1105. You can also find my ongoing through my post history.

As for other sites, I'm on MTGS, but I have a different style there, and a different name. I won't be sharing it with you because there's a certain level of MTGS bullshit that I'd really like to stay out of, and I have zero desire to have it spill to here. Lets just say that place attracts a few drama queens.

Now what fucking relevance does this have to the game? I mean besides distracting us all from it with IoA.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 am

Post by GreyICE »

EmpTyger wrote:Grey:
GreyICE wrote:Also I really smell a mass lovers claim coming on at some point.
That doesn't sound like
"I suggest a mass claim so we know who we're lynching"
That sounds like someone who hopes it won't happen, but figures it will, so is going to get early credit while doing little to nothing to actually have one happen. 
Vote: GreyICE

Here's how you get a mass lover claim:
I'm paired with Thingy.

Also, the only one it clears is silavor.  The only way it clears Reckoner or PO is if you believe that antitowns wouldn't lie when it's advantageous for them to do so.
Nah, I believe the anti-towns wouldn't be stupid when it's stupid. PO looks a little contrived, but Reck just looks like he had no idea the setup, which is nigh-unpossible for scum.

BTW, I got voted because I suggested a mass lover claim, then I got voted because I didn't suggest a mass lover claim and was trying to earn town points for it? :lol:

This is massively ironic.

And, btw, Antihero (which is why he's ignoring the Reck/ICE drama, PO ;) )
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Antihero wrote:Also, how is silavor's vote anymore related to the issues at hand than mine?
He at least mentions the claim issue. Though
pretty
sure he was joking.
EmpTyger wrote:Also, the only one it clears is silavor. The only way it clears Reckoner or PO is if you believe that antitowns wouldn't lie when it's advantageous for them to do so.
I'm confuzzled as to how it clears silavor. And I
am
inclined to think it clears Reck, at least with a fair degree of probability. His reaction read very natural.
GreyICE wrote:And, btw, Antihero (which is why he's ignoring the Reck/ICE drama, PO ;) )
Dammit, man. NOW who do I vote for? :(
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Thingyman »

GreyICE wrote:

It's linked in my Wiki page, mini 1105. You can also find my ongoing through my post history.

As for other sites, I'm on MTGS, but I have a different style there, and a different name. I won't be sharing it with you because there's a certain level of MTGS bullshit that I'd really like to stay out of, and I have zero desire to have it spill to here. Lets just say that place attracts a few drama queens.

Now what fucking relevance does this have to the game? I mean besides distracting us all from it with IoA.
It has the relevance that I'd read you differently, depending on how many games that you have played. An experienced player can't be cleared as easily as an inexperienced player. Are you really getting upset by me asking you about your previous games?

What does IoA mean?

P.S. I confirm my masonry with EmpTyger.
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Thingyman »

Thingyman wrote:
GreyICE wrote:

It has the relevance that I'd read you differently, depending on how many games that you have played. An experienced player can't be cleared as easily as an inexperienced player. Are you really getting upset by me asking you about your previous games?

What does IoA mean?

And I was asking for a link to your previous games, so that I could go read it. Is that unheard of in here?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Thingyman wrote: It has the relevance that I'd read you differently, depending on how many games that you have played. An experienced player can't be cleared as easily as an inexperienced player. Are you really getting upset by me asking you about your previous games?

What does IoA mean?

A little bit. There's more drama than I'm entirely comfortable with involved in MTGS, hysterically enough not in the Mafia forum at all, but I just want to avoid it. I have a completed game on this site, and several ongoing.

IoA is Information over Analysis, and is when one focuses on providing information and details, rather than meaning and reasoning.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:22 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh, btw, there's a "Wiki" button under people's names. My Wiki has my one completed game on it. I might update it with ongoing at some point.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Antihero »

PO wrote:He at least mentions the claim issue. Though pretty sure he was joking.
No, he didn't. He was responding to Espy's "claim."
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 am

Post by EmpTyger »

It clears silavor because antitowns don't clarify matters to advocate a protown course. They might if it hurts the town. They might if it saves their own neck. But silavor could have easily stayed quiet then and let Reckoner's (genuine or deliberate) error hold. Instead he called Reckoner out. I don't see an antitown doing that.

Reckoner is not cleared because there's not enough evidence to determine whether (a) he was genuinely misinformed or (b) he found a plausible way to advocate an unhelpful course of action.

Grey:
Right, that's the point. Your words don't match your actions. 
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:48 am

Post by silavor »

EmpTyger wrote: Grey:
Right, that's the point. Your words don't match your actions. 
How so?
Thingyman
Thingyman
Townie
Thingyman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Thingyman »

Okay, guys. I'm gonna massively advocating a mass masonry claim.

As previously stated, I have tried a really similar setup to this one before and claiming your partner was forbidden in that game exactly because it IS a pro-villa move. Very much so, in fact.

It is pro-villa mainly because it means that we can clear 2 people at once when 1 person from a masonry seems like a clear villager. In addition to this, we can nail wolves with greater certainty if we find that both people in a masonry are being wolfy because that's an extremely bad sign.

Furthermore, it also prevents people from having to waste energy at guessing who's masoned together and being curious about why certain people are clearing each other. It's normally a wolfy trait to clear someone for bad reasons, but in this game we can very well end up suspecting people for merely clearing their partner.

There is no downside to claiming whatsoever, seeing as there aren't any night kills in this game.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”