werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

VOTE: Espeonage
For using logic >:O
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Antihero »

implosion wrote:I honestly don't get how there are people who are against massclaiming lovers, there is literally no reason not to if the game is nightless. Read the rules, ffs. If scum want to push on weak players, they can do that whether or not we claim lovers. Plus, this would be incredibly unbalanced if scumgroups had NKs.
What are you talking to?
Mariyta wrote:Hey, apparently this game is going now!

Love you, too, AH!

VOTE: Llamarble Don't like the "Go Massclaim!" followed up by "I didn't claim because I wasn't sure about massclaim." And...
I like that there's no issue dishing out townreads in this game. Scum can't make much use of a shoppinglist without money or a shop. But yeah that's weird logic for calling Silvavor town; pretty much anyone could have corrected that. Maybe he was scum hoping to nip a potential source of towncred in the bud.
...doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not going to claim w/o my partner's OK.
Damn, I was looking forward to antagonizing you for a couple pages, but this seems reasonable.

By the way, Llama, the shoppinglist analogy didn't work for me. What exactly did you mean?
xRECKONERx wrote:
Lover claim: Nero Cain

Also, I'm going to
UNVOTE
because my vote was based on the idea that scum had NK.
Are you two scum again?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Llamarble »

People often say giving townreads is like making a "shopping list" for scum to pick NKs from, but since they have no NKs to "shop" with a shopping list does them no good.

@Mariyta: I was definitely in favor of a massclaim but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and others were in agreement.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:Damn, I was looking forward to antagonizing you for a couple pages, but this seems reasonable.
Wait, what? You're not calling me scum right off the bat? Are you sick, or do I need to start calling you Scumhero again?
implosion wrote:I honestly don't get how there are people who are against massclaiming lovers, there is literally no reason not to if the game is nightless. Read the rules, ffs. If scum want to push on weak players, they can do that whether or not we claim lovers. Plus, this would be incredibly unbalanced if scumgroups had NKs.
I actually see a small downside to claiming. If a weak player was paired with a strong scum hunter, they could push the weak player to take out the strong. My hope is that the town would see this and stop it, though.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Umbrage »

I don't see any downside to claiming, but I'll wait for my partner's thoughts on the matter for politeness' sake.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by implosion »

Antihero wrote:
What are you talking to?
Reck/PO and anyone else for who the idea of not claiming lovers came to mind.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

werewolf555 wrote:VOTE: Espeonage
For using logic >:O
Why are you so terrible at everything?
green shirt thursdays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Lover claim: Nero Cain

Also, I'm going to
UNVOTE
because my vote was based on the idea that scum had NK.
Well, guess this is going to be the closest I get to an apology.

I'll take it :D

IIOA

EmpTyger - Thingyman
GreyICE - Antihero
Llamarble - DarlaBlueEyes
Implosion - Kise
xRECKONERx - Nero Cain
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

silavor:
silavor wrote:
EmpTyger wrote: Grey:
Right, that's the point. Your words don't match your actions.
How so?
Let’s say you’re town and you genuinely wanted a massclaim at the start of D1. How would you go about doing it? Maybe you’d list the arguments for. Maybe you’d lead by example. Maybe something else.

But I don’t think you’d say it should happen “at some point” and then do nothing to encourage it, instead just attacking Reckoner. To me, that fits someone who is worried a massclaim is going to happen but doesn’t want it to. It’s like saying “I should vote X” but then finding something else to do or someone else to vote instead.

(I realize that GreyIce has been more recently gungho, but that was after I called him out.)

Antihero:
A guilty silavor could have sit back and let the confusion develop. He may or may not have stuck his neck out to further any misunderstanding. But he didn’t do either of those things. He immediately clarified it to a protown course. Which I don’t see an antitown player doing. (In fact, no one has disputed that it was a protown move; the only argument seems to be how conclusively protown it is.)

The context for GreyIce is different, some players were using it to attack him. He gains regardless of his alignment. Sitting back and doing nothing, or furthering the confusion are most likely to increase pressure on him. So in his case, it’s inclusive, because his motivation is the same regardless of his alignment.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about how GreyIce “dished out a townread” on Reckoner and PO?

Umbrage
Umbrage wrote:UNVOTE: Reck
VOTE: EmpTyger

I don't like how he suddenly started claiming, with his lover following up on it. That combined with how he attacked GreyICE for indirectly supporting a massclaim and his quick townread on silavor makes me think something fishy is going on.
If I support a mass lover claim…
Why wouldn’t I suddenly start claiming?
Why wouldn’t my lover follow up on it?
Why wouldn’t I attack someone who got on record as pro massclaim but then wasn’t follow through on it?

That all seems very consistent to me. Where are you seeing a problem? (Unless you’re going to argue that supporting the massclaim was suspicious?)

implosion:
Where did Umbrage lie?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

EmpTyger wrote:silavor:
silavor wrote:
EmpTyger wrote: Grey:
Right, that's the point. Your words don't match your actions.
How so?
Let’s say you’re town and you genuinely wanted a massclaim at the start of D1. How would you go about doing it? Maybe you’d list the arguments for. Maybe you’d lead by example. Maybe something else.

But I don’t think you’d say it should happen “at some point” and then do nothing to encourage it, instead just attacking Reckoner. To me, that fits someone who is worried a massclaim is going to happen but doesn’t want it to. It’s like saying “I should vote X” but then finding something else to do or someone else to vote instead.
You mean around post #10, before you had posted in the thread?

*shakes head*

Some people...
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Unvote

Lover: Purple Orange

Vote: EmpTyger

Placing vote here because while noone has actually caught my eye for being scummy Thingyman is developing a tendancy to draw away from what is happening in thread. I know he's new but someone that has played quite a bit of Mafia should know to keep things on track unless you want to confuse the town, which has happened.

Most people's votes are null and void thanks to them all being based on misundersdtandings about claiming. Yes we should mass claim because nothing inherently bad will come of it because the game is nightless so can we just get over that and on with the game?
Don't @ me.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Haylen »

Oh wow, you guys speak loads. I could get behind a massclaim, but I would like to see Baby Spices opinion on it first.

Current town read: Silvador
Current neutral read: Umbrage
Current scum read: Emptyger - he seemed a bit strawmanny and enthusiastic :P

Vote Haylen
Claim: Vanilla Cop Chain Doc Fridge Mad Scientist Lover Surviver to a Jester.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Espeonage »

EBWOP: And he has more votes than his lover Thingy atm.

@ Mod: Can we get a votecount.
Don't @ me.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Umbrage »

@ Emp: I just think it's weird how you said that GreyICE was scummy for bringing up the massclaim, then you basically say "this is the way to do it". As I see it, there's nothing wrong about being cautious, I've had many an idea that seemed good when I thought of it, but other people disagreed.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I want drammie to get home from work ;_;

That way I know which whore I have to kill that stole my lover away from me :twisted:
green shirt thursdays
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Haylen wrote:Oh wow, you guys speak loads. I could get behind a massclaim, but I would like to see Baby Spices opinion on it first.
Why me? Do I have that big a reputation for being wrong? :)

I'm in favour of it. I will reveal if the other, lesser, half agrees. (He hasn't posted yet) :mrgreen:

The only benifit for the scum, that someone's scummy behaviour gets countered by an very town looking lover, is also a better benifit for the town anyway. ie: Someone townies bad play gets countered by a very town lover.

Not liking how the idea was floated in the first place though. Felt like someone testing the waters to know which way to jump, and to me that indicates a scum attitude.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

xRECKONERx wrote:I want drammie to get home from work ;_;

That way I know which whore I have to kill that stole my lover away from me :twisted:
Don't worry, I'm sure someone will give you Vezok back if you ask nicely.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I'm here I'm here, and I'm most certainly not only just in all of your heads. Maybe.

I confirm that Captain Kirkalicious-Llama-face is my oh-so-satisfying lover and I will come back here to add more content after I get caught up in my games with deadlines. Still battling the flu but am on the last stretch now, so I shouldn't be too hindered :)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

GreyICE wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I want drammie to get home from work ;_;

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will give you Vezok back if you ask nicely.
>_>
green shirt thursdays
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by implosion »

EmpTyger wrote:implosion:
Where did Umbrage lie?
See the signup thread.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Espeonage:
I actually do agree with you about Thingy being distracting. However, I'd already had words with him about before you posted. I do not expect it to be an issue in the future.

Haylen:
Okay, I'll bite. What's a "neutral read"?
May as well tell me about the strawman too, but not really feeling like apologizing for enthusiasm.

Umbrage:
Umbrage wrote:@ Emp: I just think it's weird how you said that GreyICE was scummy for bringing up the massclaim, then you basically say "this is the way to do it". As I see it, there's nothing wrong about being cautious, I've had many an idea that seemed good when I thought of it, but other people disagreed.
Uh, I explicitly said there were multiple ways to do a massclaim. And I do agree that cautious exploration could have been one such way.
But I don't read what GreyIce was going as exploring a massclaim. Is that your interpretation of what he was doing?
(Baby Spice put it better:
"Felt like someone testing the waters to know which way to jump, and to me that indicates a scum attitude."
)

implosion:
Don't get it?

GreyIce:
Don't want the other part to be lost. Why do you think that mafia wouldn't pretend to be unaware of the mafia role PM? (or werewolves of the werewolf PM?) You handwaved that away as "because it's stupid". But it seems to me much more likely than mafia wanting to seem very acquainted with that PM.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Haylen »

Haylen wrote:Oh wow, you guys speak loads. I could get behind a massclaim, but I would like to see Baby Spices opinion on it first.

Current town read: Silvador
Current neutral read: Umbrage
Current scum read: Emptyger - he seemed a bit strawmanny and enthusiastic :P

Vote Haylen
Claim: Vanilla Cop Chain Doc Fridge Mad Scientist Lover Surviver to a Jester.
^ My first posts in games should never be taken seriously. Except for the Sivador townread. I was just messing with you all.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Umbrage wrote:Well, at least some guys who lie about their sex in their profile would be nice!
Umbrage wrote:I'll start, shall I?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Haylen wrote:Claim: Vanilla Cop Chain Doc Fridge Mad Scientist Lover Surviver to a Jester.
best claim EVAH!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Umbrage »

[quote=EmpTyger](Baby Spice put it better: "Felt like someone testing the waters to know which way to jump, and to me that indicates a scum attitude.")[/quote]

I really don't get how putting out a feeler like that is scummy. It seems more pro-town than "we are going to all mass claim now" IMO.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”