vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Kingmaker. YAY.

I have no experience with this type of ****. Fortunately I call for help. It's...

Eh. Exe looks town for now. Like really town. I never get that impression on him and I played with him as scum. So for now he is one of my strongest town reads. Actually if mafia has 4 members we have 8 townie votes against 6 mafia votes because they can't vote themselves.

Also before we decide on who to execute I think we should wait for a claim.

Offtopic: Exe: Are you X from Youtube who does the LP for Halflife, magicka and other stuff like that?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Woo, game start.

First off,
Vote: Charter
. He knows why.

Secondary Vote: Exe.

At night I will vote for the same person that I vote for during the day, unless that person is the Executioner and they execute a townie.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Oh yes! That is another point I wanted to bring up. Thank you Vezokpiraka.

Obviously We can't have night claims so how did you guys want to deal with day(possibly night) claims? When the executioner decides on their kill, I think we can wait for 24 hours for a claim during the day.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Haschel, if the Executioner executes who we (as Town) agree on, whether or not that player flips Town, we still should follow through with our agreed nightkill.

Make sense?
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Let me see if I understand this.

We unofficially vote for two people who we want to see dead. We then elect somebody executioner, and they kill that one of those people.

We then vote for the same executioner to make the night kill, and they kill the other person we wanted to see dead.

Is that right?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

This is the way I see it going down.

Each person should keep a (small) list of their top suspects that they are willing to kill. (Exe's idea here)
Then the person we are voting for is the person who is going to become the executioner during the day. This person will be the one who has the final say on who is going to die.
Before we finalize on that though, we would also like to "plan" on who the night executioner is going to be seeing as how there will be no time for discussion then. During the night though, the mafia's votes count twice, so if we don't plan out our night executioner, the mafia has more say in who it will be.

I would recommend, at least for now that we don't choose the same executioner for both the day and night phase.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Final Fires »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Obviously We can't have night claims so how did you guys want to deal with day(possibly night) claims? When the executioner decides on their kill, I think we can wait for 24 hours for a claim during the day.
I think we should try to stick to a time table something like this:

First week: Decide executioner
Second week: Decide who executioner kills
Third week: Decide who gets nightkill, and who they will kill with it.

We've got four big decisions to make, so we need to be careful not to spend all of our time deciding who gets to execute, then cramming in who gets the nightkill the last couple of days. This will also give the receiver of the night kill an opportunity to claim, so we can adjust the NK accordingly.

Also, I think it's important for us to have two plans for the nightkill. Like, "If Player A flips scum, we'll give the nightkill to Player B who will kill Player C, but if he flips town we'll give the nightkill to Player C who will kill Player B." Like Charter said, if the executioner kills someone who is town, I would not want to give the NK to them. And I also agree with Ant that for now, we should not be giving the lynch and the NK to the same person.
Charter wrote:At night I will vote for the same person that I vote for during the day, unless that person is the Executioner and they execute a townie.
Can you explain what you mean by this? "Vote for the same person" meaning vote to kill, or vote to give the NK to?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

For now I don't like FF and Ant to the max. Something just ticks me off. I really don't want to end up in LyLo with them
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:00 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Final Fires wrote:
@mod - What happens in the event of a tie over who gets the nightkill?
If the votes result in a tie, there will be no NK.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hey guys, It's twistedspoon here :]

Here's to a fun game

anyways, reading the posts Exe seems to have everything under control; his ideas make the most sense :]
Final Fires wrote:
First week: Decide executioner
Second week: Decide who executioner kills
Third week: Decide who gets nightkill, and who they will kill with it.
Your timetable idea seems interesting, however the chance of play might not flow so smoothly. I mean deciding the executioner is probably one of the bigger decisions, and that could be tricky when we only have one week to do so. Hopefully the mafia will slip up and then we can get the executioner to hammer them. The biggest problem would be voting a mafia witch as executioner. Steps would have to be taken to avoid this, because if a mafia is the executioner, then it's certain a townie pilgrim will die, but if we have a townie executioner there is always a chance that he'll pick mafia.
Ant_to_the_max wrote:This is the way I see it going down.

Each person should keep a (small) list of their top suspects that they are willing to kill. (Exe's idea here)
This idea looks promising :]
should help us to keep track and pressure any mafioso who may be listed
Ant_to_the_max wrote: I would recommend, at least for now that we don't choose the same executioner for both the day and night phase.
This makes sense since it can be hardest to get reads on players in the first day, so hedging the votes in one possible mafioso might be unwise.

Here are 3 possible outcomes (I have speculated on roles)
Best case scenario

mafioso executed and mafioso nightkilled. No protection roles for mafia. Possible Investigative role reveals mafia scum for day 2 execution :]
fair scenario

mafioso nominated executioner and executes townie. Mafioso executioner is nightkilled due to killing townie. possible investigative role recieves an innocent verdict :|
bad scenario

townie is executed by townie executioner. Townie executioner is nightkilled. Executed townie had investigative or protective role :[
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Umbrage »

I agree with having a different executioner for day and night. Otherwise we're putting all our eggs in one basket.

I don't want to bank on any investigative roles. Great if we have them, but don't count on it.

FF strikes me as town. Exe is probably town. Ant could go either way.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:27 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

twistedspoon strikes me as someone who knows too much. Why would there be an investigative role or some type of doctor? How are you so certain of that?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Why would you go phishing for those roles?
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:59 am

Twistedspoon wrote:anyways, reading the posts Exe seems to have everything under control; his ideas make the most sense :]
Your blatant sheeping has been noted for later examination.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Umbrage »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Why would you go phishing for those roles?
Wait, I don't see any fishing in that post. Speculation, yes. Fishing, no. You're just riding on Vezok's coattails, trying to sneak that bit in. IGMEOY.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 am

Post by CooLDoG »

okay, this game as a very odd mechanic...

I agree with the "exe" point. We should keep a personal scum list. I also agree with the fact that we shouldn't choose the same nker and executioner. I don't think its a good idea to speculate on roles just yet.

I actually like ff's time table idea (although I think it should be a little bit looser...). I also think that we should select the executioner at the latest possible time, and after we have gone through our kill progression (A flips town we kill B, A flips scum we kill C).

other then that I think exe, ff, and Ant have things pretty well thought out.

I don't like Twisted spoon though, gut mostly. And I don't like that first post at all.#1 scum here.
after a wank.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:42 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@Ant: Why did you feel the need to repeat what I said?
Actually not repeat but add something false. Feels like bussing or distancing to me.

IGMEOY.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

vezokpiraka wrote:twistedspoon strikes me as someone who knows too much. Why would there be an investigative role or some type of doctor? How are you so certain of that?
I'm completely uncertain, which is why it's just speculation. I'm not fishing at all, just showing what the worst case scenario could be. In my experience it never hurts to assume what the worst possible damage could be done is so that we're prepared for all eventualities.
I doubt even the mafia know what roles there are

and I'm not sheeping, I just agree with the ideas that we should not vote for the same person as executioner and killer, and the schedule idea :neutral:

~Screwtape
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Exe »

Everyone in their next post should include 1 or 2 people who they plan to kill if they receive executioner. This game let's the scum hide behind focusing on who they think is pro-town rather than stating who is scum, so I want scum reads NOW. If you claim it's too early for a read, I
will
add you to the top of my kill list.

@Haschel: The point is, if the entire town doesn't agree on who to nominate in the night phase, we cripple ourselves. Agreeing on a bad candidate is better than not agreeing at all.

@FF: I guess I didn't really consider the possibility of night actions and prs, but I still am generally against no-kill cycles anyways. I get bored, what can I say.

I dont like Twisted Spoon. Here's why.
TS wrote:This makes sense since it can be hardest to get reads on players in the first day, so hedging the votes in one possible mafioso might be unwise.
I dislike this standpoint, pretty much always. In Frenzy mafia all 3 scum were discovered due to Day 1 connections and actions. Few games are any different. Scum make big slips usually in the first few pages: they are just better at hiding them at the start.

And:
[quote-"TS"]Here are 3 possible outcomes (I have speculated on roles)
Best case scenario
mafioso executed and mafioso nightkilled. No protection roles for mafia. Possible Investigative role reveals mafia scum for day 2 execution :]
fair scenario
mafioso nominated executioner and executes townie. Mafioso executioner is nightkilled due to killing townie. possible investigative role recieves an innocent verdict
bad scenario
townie is executed by townie executioner. Townie executioner is nightkilled. Executed townie had investigative or protective role :[[/quote]

I don't like the implication that a bad executioner should be night killed as punishment. You don't immediately suggest it, but the list of possibilities seems to exclude anything else really, and it's subtly suggesting that an executioner who fails to kill scum should be killed himself, which is a spiral that is going to fuck us in the ass if we let it dictate our actions.

@Vezo: No, that's not me.

In other news, something about Ant bothers me.

Alright so here's my kill list:

1. TS
2. Ant
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:13 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

My list like Exe's.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Final Fires »

Twisted wrote:Your timetable idea seems interesting, however the chance of play might not flow so smoothly.
You're right, we would have to be more lenient depending on the situation. They're more general guidelines than rules written in stone; if need be we could always adjust them to fit our situation.
vezokpiraka wrote:twistedspoon strikes me as someone who knows too much. Why would there be an investigative role or some type of doctor? How are you so certain of that?
I see no pro-town reason why anyone would say this. How were you hoping twisted would answer you? "I know because I am a cop/doc?" This question just seemed like it was designed to out a PR. Plus by saying this you're suggesting that you're not an investigate role or some type of doctor - why would you be softclaiming so early?

The fact that he's already rolefishing (especially for a doctor/cop) and suggested that he's not a doctor or cop is a huge red flag for me.
FoS: Vezok

exe wrote:In other news, something about Ant bothers me.
Could you expand on this?
exe wrote:I guess I didn't really consider the possibility of night actions and prs
Why would you softclaim vanilla townie on page 2?
FoS: Exe

Most of my reads are null so far, but the only person I'm really suspicious of at this point is vezok. I am a little less suspicious of exe, but the fact that he already softclaimed seems very anti-town to me.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 am

My kill list:

1. Twistedsppon (sheeping by any other name...)
2. vezok (more sheeping. SRSLY just STOP)
3. COOLDOG (specifically mentioning the "odd mechanic" of the game. Dude, you knew that when you signed up. Stop being so obvscum.)

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Exe wrote: If you claim it's too early for a read, I
will
add you to the top of my kill list.
Is this supposed to intimidate me into agreement? I don't like this emotional blackmail tactic.

Trying to get players to follow your ideas or else be put on your hit list is a mafia ruse.
You might want to try hearing some other opinions of scum tracking before the threat of listing us.

Oh, and those eventualities I posted were just 3 possible ones which may happen. It's a
big
generalisation to assume that an executioner who kills a townie is certainly mafia, and I wouldn't lynch them unless I was sure that they had another reason to be suspected mafioso.
It was 3 generalised scenarios out of a plethora of possibilities. There is clearly much more to this than those.

Anyways, I'll be re-reading the topic again shortly and compiling my witch-list.

I also hope that any players who haven't posted yet do so; they shall remain on the top of my suspicions list until they do so.
~Twistedspoon

~Screwtape
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:16 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Bored VC

Exe (3)-Tragedy, charter, Shattered Viewpoint
Tragedy (1)-Exe
StrungOver (1)-StrungOver
Charter (1)-Haschel Cedricson

Not Voting:Ant_to_the_max, Amrun, Umbrage, vezokpiraka, CooLDoG, Final Fires, twistedspoon

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to elect an executioner!

D/L, March 9th!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Wait! What?
How did I sheep this game SV?

I didn't even vote someone.

Also my question wasn't designed for rolefishing. It was designed for something else but whatever. If I am going to have to fight with you over one question I prefer it to end now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”