YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Heh. Voting for Ether here, seriously? Man, you guys are so scum.

Confirm vote:Final Destination

-Yos
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Pathetric »

Post 130, Ether's stance on Fate prior to Greymarble's post wrote:Fate could be scum. (shrug)
Post 135, in which Ether voted Fate wrote:Yeah, okay.
unvote; vote: Final Destination

If it makes you feel better, Unicorns is probably town anyway.

I'm still reserving the right to flip back to GummyBear. They can both be scum.
Post 148, Fate wrote:I think Ether is particularly suspicious the way she got on our wagon, citing "thinking 6 heads is a good fallback lynch" as her reason.
Let me fix this for you.
Post 148, Fate wrote:I'm just completely making shit up.
Feel free to elaborate on GummyBear, though.

-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Final Destination »

We'll be vindicated post-flips.

AGM and I are on AIM right now, and we are really disgusted by the level of play on our wagon right now. Activity tells+Bullshit meta from a new player, and now apparently finding Ether suspicious for her cool vote hop from Gummy onto us with a "they can both be scum!" caveat thrown in there has activated the "scumchatposse defense"

We've decided its hard to use all caps with a hydra-joint post, but we've agreed on this line:

LOL AT THIS WAGON
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am

Pathetric wrote:In answer to that last question: I am keeping an eye on Fate. As I've said, I'm weary of anyone who thinks a six-headed hydra is a good fallback lynch.

But there's a very, very obvious difference between their play and yours.

-Ether
This is the reason you were citing, as far as I could tell.

I'm not sure how I'm "making this up"
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Pathetric »

I did indeed say that. It had nothing to do with my vote.

-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Reckamonic wrote:Reading up. Big(ger) post coming in the next couple hours. During class. Doop.
Jesus, nevermind. Dram has dinner with his father tonight, and I have a shit ton of work to do during class/after class.
Tomorrow night we'll get a post up. We'll have several hours of free time then. And then, he'll be here for two weeks, so we'll have ample time to read and discuss then.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

We didn't notice that it was L-1 when we placed our vote, but we're aware of it.

Final Destination is at Lynch -1.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

EBWOP:
We didn't notice that it was L-1 when we placed our vote, but we're aware of it now.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Temporary
unvote
, then.

So I'm assuming from your whining about the votes on you and then disappearing that you aren't going to talk about GummyBear.

-Ether
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Fate »

Mod edit: I'm editing this into the next post for ISO purposes.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Post 159 by Fate using the wrong account wrote:Fate tag. I'm at work ill be reading along. AGM can elaborate on our Gummytown read, but as I said we found Gummy more town out of that excjange and your vote on her (for not wanting to pst without agreement) particularly weak.

Two weak back to back votes earned you ours.
[AGM]
Pathetric wrote:Temporary
unvote
, then.

So I'm assuming from your whining about the votes on you and then disappearing that you aren't going to talk about GummyBear.

-Ether
What do you want us to elaborate on exactly? GummyBear has a perfect grasp on what is most likely to be happening (we are conferencing) and, indeed, what is actually happening (we are conferencing). You proceeding to call us both scum for complete bullshit reasons make us think you are scum and she is town.

The fact that you want us to elaborate on this very basic read while your vote on us is based on even simpler and less justified magnifies how precarious your vote on us was.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Pathetric »

I
wonder
why I might be asking someone to post what they see in someone I suspect.

I'm going to class. You and Yosarian duke it out, 'kay?

-Ether
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

A Vote Count:

Final Destination (4) - Greymarble, YosCayke, Unicorn, Frog Ergo Sum
Pathetric (2) - Beaver, Final Destination
DaSpotthatkillsu (1) - Balam,
Unicorn (1) - Reckamonic
Mrs Flay (1) - Mrs Flay

Hold for an announcement in regards to Rule Three.

Thank you to everyone who brought the oversight in the new rule three to my attention as allowing entire logs to be quoted lock stock and barrel forces scum to either fabricate weeks worth of logs or be outed come late game. However straight up banning quoting from private communications is also a hassle and would require me to track all intrahydra communication and decide if they reworded it enough to avoid it breaking the rule.

A middle ground is needed and as such Rule 3 is now tentatively going back to;

Rule 3 wrote:If it's not in the game thread don't quote it.
What this means for copying stuff from your fellow head(s):

Don't quote large sections of chat logs, QT's or what have you and don't include timestamps.

Feel free to PM me any issues, suggestions or questions you may have with this.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 pm

[AGM]

Actually, I'm done with mafia for today. The ending of another game has caused me too much grief.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

We don't like the Fate/AGM wagon any more. Plus, they shouldn't be lynched D1.

We are significantly
more
sure that DaSpotthatkillsu are scum anyway. Call it a... supermagical scum vibe; they are tingling our Rainbow-sense in a way that not a lot of people do. Reckamonic makes it tingle too. But of course, we are not sure if that is the same way or because of something entirely different and rainbow related. We will keep you informed. However, that is not the direction for today either.

Unvote: Re-Vote: DaSpotthatkillsu

Day 1 can still be short. Make it so.
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

Unicorn Brethren wrote:We don't like the Fate/AGM wagon any more. Plus, they shouldn't be lynched D1.

We are significantly
more
sure that DaSpotthatkillsu are scum anyway. Call it a... supermagical scum vibe; they are tingling our Rainbow-sense in a way that not a lot of people do. Reckamonic makes it tingle too. But of course, we are not sure if that is the same way or because of something entirely different and rainbow related. We will keep you informed. However, that is not the direction for today either.

Look at this. Without any more post from us, without any discussion by others on our actions, without any real explanation, they suddenly jump off their big wagon and start voting for us again. It's almost like they think it's funny. And then they tell us to make the day short, when some people have barely posted. How is this not scummier than anything this account has done?
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

1. Final Destination's vauge support for the Dana wagon, which they were unwilling to back up with a vote, seemed scummy. Their "I didn't know the game was serious yet" defense was also somewhat scummy.

2. The OMGUS "WELL FINE WE'LL POST IN ALL CAPS VOTE UNICORN" response by Almaster was worse. The meta argument may or may not be strong, but it was certanly a good enough reason for a early day 1 vote.

3. The OMGUS vote by Fate on Ether/Patrick here is even worse then that. Ether is clearly obvtown here, that should be obvious to anyone reading the thread.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:
Unicorn Brethren wrote:We don't like the Fate/AGM wagon any more. Plus, they shouldn't be lynched D1.

We are significantly
more

Look at this. Without any more post from us, without any discussion by others on our actions, without any real explanation, they suddenly jump off their big wagon and start voting for us again. It's almost like they think it's funny. And then they tell us to make the day short, when some people have barely posted. How is this not scummier than anything this account has done?
Aggressive early day 1 voting isn't scummy; it's usually a pro-town tell, if anything. Looks to me like Fritz + Co is currently dropping dynamite into the pond and hoping scum float to the surface, and that's fine with me.

-Yos
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I PM'd AGM to get back on, but we'll probably get on this Dana wagon soon. Popping up in the midst of the Fate wagon, not commenting on it, and having nothing to say but "omg look at how UB voted us! How is that not scummier than what WE'VE done?" that's such a scum-mindset I just can't even.. of course he doesnt VOTE UB BACK, because he doesn't want to be seen as OMGUS. Huge scum mindset here and I'm just waiting on AGM to agree so we can move to that wagon.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:1. Final Destination's vauge support for the Dana wagon, which they were unwilling to back up with a vote, seemed scummy. Their "I didn't know the game was serious yet" defense was also somewhat scummy.

2. The OMGUS "WELL FINE WE'LL POST IN ALL CAPS VOTE UNICORN" response by Almaster was worse. The meta argument may or may not be strong, but it was certanly a good enough reason for a early day 1 vote.

3. The OMGUS vote by Fate on Ether/Patrick here is even worse then that. Ether is clearly obvtown here, that should be obvious to anyone reading the thread.

1. We hadn't read the game yet, we weren't active. This falls under the "lol activity" tells I mentioned before.

2. Yeah, like I said I disagree with AGM trying to appease there. He was very likely frustrated that such a quick and bullshit wagon formed on us with such weak reasons, that he wasn't able to see clearly that it was a valid wagon for information for early D1.

3. Obvtown? How? You'll need to elaborate on that. It was OMGUS, and the I knew I'd be placing a counter-vote after being PLACED AT L-1 so early. I'll eat my hat if there isn't scum on my wagon, and from where I stand Ether's hop is clearly the worse, since I don't see town making a hop off their scumread Gummy so early, with a "sure they're both scum" justification. WHy was she so eager to get this wagon building on us? It didn't look to be for information, the way it was justified, it looked to be a "ok I'll mislynch Fate but tomorrow I want my gummy mislynch too" sort of vote. I'd say we should be obvtown and it should be clear to anyone reading the thread, but things are never that simple are they?
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Anyway, my stance on Ether/Gummy:

Ether is misrepresenting Gummy's play as scummy. She's saying that "ohh SINGER DOESNT WANT TO GIVE SCUMREADS SHE SCUM"

Couple problems:
Final Destination wrote:I do approve of the Dana wagon, and was not aware we were getting into serious mode. FES makes the strongest case for Dana, IMO ("^scum")

Last post AGM made in the hydra QT was asking me if I cared about the hydra that didn't reveal itself, so we still haven't had a chance to discuss reads or place a real vote down.
I basically said the same thing here, but she didn't call me out on it with a "WHY CANT YOU SAY UR READS WITHOUT CONFERRING" I think this is because she knows Singer woudl be much easier to push a mislynch on.

2. She's attacking singer for hydra playstyle difference. Singer not wanting to post content without first agreeing with quadz is NOT SCUMMY, but Ether is trying to paint it as much as you can see here:
Pathetric wrote:
Gummy wrote:I'm afraid you'll catch me if I don't rehearse all of my stances first.
-Ether
And

here:
Pathetric wrote:
Post 113, GummyBear wrote:If I think one half of the player list is scum and my other half thinks the other half of the player list is scum, then we don't really get anywhere. If we have a chance to discuss what we think about the players, we can form more accurate opinions collectively from there.
Post 118, GummyBear wrote:Fyi, discussion is almost never stupid as long as it's game/mafia related. If we hadn't had that discussion, I never would have known why it mattered to you that I was concerned with conferring before we posted specific thoughts on specific players. It's pro-town to talk. To think otherwise is batting for the other team.
vote: GummyBear

-Ether
Pathetric wrote:
Gummy wrote:I'm afraid you'll catch me if I don't rehearse all of my stances first.
-Ether

She's trying to make it out as if Gummy was contradicting herself by saying she wanted more discussion, but didn't want to state reads until quadz had agreed. Its not a contradiction. Singer wants more discussion,
but she's not willing to break her hydra playstyle to achieve that.
Not scummy at all.

That's how my Ether/Gummy reads developed, that coupled with this hop:
Pathetric wrote:For what it's worth, it's not like I just voted them over a theory disagreement.

Fate could be scum. (shrug)

-Ether
Oh this isn't the hop, but I missed it on a re-read. If she realizes she voted them over only a theory disagreement...why does she keep the read in her pocket here?:
Pathetric wrote:Yeah, okay.
unvote; vote: Final Destination

If it makes you feel better, Unicorns is probably town anyway.

I'm still reserving the right to flip back to GummyBear. They can both be scum.

-Ether

Either way, I don't like this hop for reasons I mentioned before, but the fact that Ether called herself out on voting Gummy for only theory reasons weakens our Ether-read.

Unvote:
Vote: Danaspot

AGM has read and approved this post.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm

DaSpotthatkillsu wrote: Look at this. Without any more post from us, without any discussion by others on our actions, without any real explanation, they suddenly jump off their big wagon and start voting for us again. It's almost like they think it's funny. And then they tell us to make the day short, when some people have barely posted. How is this not scummier than anything this account has done?
Seriously though, this post is just dripping scum. For reasons I mentioned two posts ago, but to elaborate more its just calling Reaper scummy without voting him.

"Its almost like they think its funny" implies knowledge that UNICORN is TOWN, why would scum do that switch? IF she thought UB was scum, what does that make his switch mean? What does say about our, Final's, alignment and his derailing of our wagon?

Yet dana provides none of that content. She says UB is doing it "for teh lulz" as in, Dana is FRUSTRATED by UB no longer pushing our mislynch and again hops onto our lynch.

This line as well:
"Without any more post from us..." so because dana didn't post that means UB's scum read should've been weakened? Altered?

What is this we don't even.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm

^[AGM]
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

That's stupid, FD. There's nothing scummy about asking why something isn't scummier than what we've done. Your case on us always seems to come down to something ridiculous like "poor reasoning", which isn't a scumtell. Now they votehop like mad with no further info, and you say it's actually townish. Yes, I called the UB scummier than us without voting them. That's because I don't find them to be the scummiEST. More on that another day, when I can give you a full case.
Don't understand why saying that UB almost thinks it's funny implies they're town. Assuming UB is scum, their derailment of your wagon would make you scummier, imo, but what's your point?
It's dumb to say that I must have been frustrated with UB for unvoting you. I wasn't voting you in the first place, nor did I even call you scummy, so why would I want you lynched?
The fact that we didn't post any more should mean the UB's read on us DIDN'T change, and therefore should not merit a vote any more than before. And they gave no reason why you merited a vote any LESS than before. You see how that works?
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, where everything I say is somehow scummy or invalid, and everyone agrees on that but doesn't know why.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Greymarble »

Haha, when have I ever given too many shits about meta Fate or AGM? I need motives, not 'perfectly consistent behavior that never changes.' You're just a pain in the ass to read and I was bored with the GummyBear/Pathetric drama that was getting us shit all.

That case was horrible. I can't help but wondering if that wagon hit L-1 with nothing but town on board because they wanted the damn reads. Would love a general explanation though, as the wagon was pure shit.

Unicorn is probably town, I declare it so and it hurts me.

Not fond of the Dana wagon, it occurs to me that kcdaspot is always scummy as hell, although he does flip scum, but I have reasons to believe that he wouldn't be acting like this as scum (which are meta flavored and kinda bad) but they're enough to make me decide he's town.

Vote: Pathetric

Gummy bear looks like an easy mislynch, and that was such a nice little way of saying "oh, I could see hopping to that wagon if it gains momentum, but I just don't trust it..."

The faster the lurkers start posting, the less likely I am to think they're scum. At least one of ya is.

PEDIT: kcdaspot, you annoy me.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Although that was a TERRIFIC backpedal off our wagon Grey, AGM and I agree that it is unlikely you would have pushed us so early as scum given BotW mafia and our reputations, and that it is indeed likely you were going for the reads.

We're working on Dana's post now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”