Newbie 1067 - Game over - Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Les Guilelesser »

inspiratieloos wrote:I don't really see anything that suspicious right now, Les Guilelessers vote is strange, but more in a VI than scummy way.
Let me take the floor, so to speak, and share with you my ideas about who is who in this great game.

1). From the very beginning some people prefer to keep a low profile, others - to write a lot (tastes differ!). Posting or not posting on the 1-st day does not mean, of course, that we can accuse this or that person justly as a maf.

2) As you may guess I am a townie (well, at least on the Town's side... you may guess). I say this openly because the Mafia know it very well; the question is how dangerous they can find me and my role in this game to kill at once without delay and hesitation.

3) I shall unvote Mr. Dysorder who showed warm and heartfelt friendliness by unvoting me. Now, the chance that Dysorder is with Mafia is really low; 2 : 8 (or to be more specific, it is 1 : 4). But even more, I am going to support him (do you hear this, Dysorder?) as long as he clearly shows to me to be on the side of the town. I agree my decision is very straightforward (SPOILER: he-he!) but I see this consolidation as our chance to win.

4). I think I know who the cop is (or may be). I have this intuition based on the way he has already expressed himself. So I am going to support him and his decision as well (though very indirectly).

5. Nachomamma, please do not ask Mod to prod me any more. Last week we had minus 30 degrees C. here in Moscow. Now it's only minus 20 C.; if the temperature rises up to 0 C. you will know how prolific and intellectually productive I can be... :)

\I
unvote dysorder

\I
vote no one
again.

Regards,
still alive Les
(GUILEsser is not my real name; it is an anagram for my Russian surname!)
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

1. Believe it or not, IRL I am one of those people that prefer to keep a low profile. However in this game you have to get other people to post, preferably making statements that can later be used to question them further, expect others to do the same to you. If someone doesn't post they can never be caught in a lie, thus scum like to not post a lot, thus making silent town look scummy.
Personally, I look at a player and then see if they did anything that can be explained as scummy, then point it out. This has the dual advantage of making you look scumhunting town and of their response providing more information for the town. Win/Win if you're town Win/Lose if you're scum (which is again why people might think you scum if you don't). Just try to find something no one has pointed out jet and ask the person that posted it about it. (Perry too btw)

2/3. All of those statements mean nothing, the first is something anyone would say be it vanilla town, powerrole or scum. Dysorder really doesn't show you being town side by unvoting his random vote, the chance of everyone being scum is 1/4 from the perspective of any town which again doesn't say anything.

4. Even if you feel that and even if it is correct, the cop has just as much information as you do so following them at this point won't do any good, if they start strongly accusing someone D2 go for it.

5. If you don't post you get prodded, I really don't see the problem with that. As long as you make it online in 48 hours nothing happens.

In this post you don't really add anything to the town, you claim very loudly that you're town while not under that much pressure (no one is even voting you) and you suddenly seem to think dysorder is your bestest friend whilst putting a vote on him 10 posts ago and without him doing anything except removing his RVS vote. This is not the way to convince us.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

What do tipi mean by "perry too btw" ?
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:29 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

You not tipi lol sorry my phone likes to misspell all the time
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:29 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Try to pick someone and look at what they said until you find something that might indicate that they're scum (pick me if you want :P ). It'll cause people to explain their reasoning which gives everyone a better read and you might just find something that others missed that is a real scum tell.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:52 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

Ah. I somewhat understand here more. its just a much much slower game than EM lol
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Mod Note: Les Guilelesser, when unvoting, you do not need to add vote:no one... that is implied if you do not make another vote and you will still be counted as not voting.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Just posting here to show you guys I'm not gone or lurking. Just want to point out I can only post after school so I might not post for hours at a time. I'm getting a scum read from Les but not much. He unvotes just because someone took their vote off. That wouldn't work in LyLo.
You Are Worth It
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by dysorder »

I'm thinking Les' strangeness may have something to do with pure newbie, but I could be wrong. Maybe he's just playing the newbie card really, really well.

Perry, you still haven't really said anything. You seem to know an awful lot about EpicMafia but don't have the time to construct something serious here. Even after inspiratieloos gives you pointers, you just go back to more EM comments. Time to start some typing and show us you're ready to find some scum. Or are you trying to avoid that...?
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

I'm not trying to avoid it, I'm just used to quicker games. And reading everything on a droid x is pretty hard, since I can't get on my computer during the day until late late at night (pst) since my dad is being a dick, i will read this time, I've just been gettin pushed back from homework and work but tonight ill try to be constuctive
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

vote: les guilelesser

Why would following the cop on d1 do anything ffor you?

Btw, I will probably using my phone to get on here for a little while.
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Les Guilelesser »

First of all I would like to ask you a question, guys. When a player is lynched will his role be revealed to the other players?
And if it is so, please note that it is Hazard with a Glove who proposed for me the death penalty. :eek: :eek: :cry:
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Okay now I'm getting a major scum read from Les. I don't think he is playing the newbie card. He wants to follow the cop that has as much information as he has now. He doesn't want his role revealed. Lynch him. LYNCH HIM NOW!!VOTE: Les Guilelesser
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Also trying to put some suspiscion on Hazard.
You Are Worth It
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Les Guilesser

L-2

Hazard With A Glove wrote:Now, Nacho, which question are you referring to? The only thing I see is asking me what I have to loose from helping you pressure Dysorder, even though you no longer believe to be needing it, and whom I never did.
I wanted to know why you didn't want to put pressure on Dysorder in the first place.
inspiratieloos wrote:I don't really see anything that suspicious right now, Les Guilelessers vote is strange, but more in a VI than scummy way.
Escho and Hazard have been too quiet, but Hazard promises to be better and Escho is away for now.
What's the difference between the scum strange and the VI strange, in your opinion?
dysorder wrote:Guilelesser's statements are a bit... strange, but okay.
Why is it okay?
Kcdaspot wrote:I'm saving reads until page 5.
Why?
Kcdaspot wrote:Nacho... how do you feel about Perry? I'm getting slightly bad vibes there.
Scum. He's too worried about making super long posts and providing content, but all he's done this game is provide excuses.
PeRrY-_- wrote:well right now ive got nothing to really say. not trying to lurk but im new here trying to learn the ropes here, much much different than EM or in person. if you can squeeze a paragraph out of me its a miracle ^.^
Why would you say something like this after promising us pages?
Les wrote:1). From the very beginning some people prefer to keep a low profile, others - to write a lot (tastes differ!). Posting or not posting on the 1-st day does not mean, of course, that we can accuse this or that person justly as a maf.
We can accuse anyone of being mafia for any reason. You should be doing the same.
Les wrote:3) I shall unvote Mr. Dysorder who showed warm and heartfelt friendliness by unvoting me. Now, the chance that Dysorder is with Mafia is really low; 2 : 8 (or to be more specific, it is 1 : 4). But even more, I am going to support him (do you hear this, Dysorder?) as long as he clearly shows to me to be on the side of the town. I agree my decision is very straightforward (SPOILER: he-he!) but I see this consolidation as our chance to win.
Could you explain why you believe this to be the correct plan?
Les wrote:4). I think I know who the cop is (or may be). I have this intuition based on the way he has already expressed himself. So I am going to support him and his decision as well (though very indirectly).
You shouldn't be looking for the cop this early in the game. Only the mafia needs to know that.
Les wrote:5. Nachomamma, please do not ask Mod to prod me any more. Last week we had minus 30 degrees C. here in Moscow. Now it's only minus 20 C.; if the temperature rises up to 0 C. you will know how prolific and intellectually productive I can be...
Just trying to make our mod's job a little easier active and keep everyone active. I have no idea what's going on at your house, I just want you to be here and posting.

#76 is a big post with no vote. Don't kill this town read I have on you...

And yes, roles are revealed on death.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

I didn't see the need to do so. I also didn't to pressure someone because you told me to.
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

Page 5 there will be some solid leads to go on.

everyone would have posted by then. I feel that it's a valid point to read and/or reread to evaluate the game.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

There are solid leads to go on.
Everyone's posted so far.

And why sit around and wait? Surely you don't expect to REevaluate the game if you haven't decided to evaluate it in the first place.
And seriously, what differences will these next 8 posts make?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Escho »

Hi guys im back.

I'm 50/50 on Les, at one point seems like a typical newbie and then other times a typical scum.

@Les: Why did you decide to claim a townie so early and how could we have possibly seen that you are obv town considering you made very few and contentless posts? Also, why are you so inclined to not vote people who arnt even close to L-1?

I'm gonna move onto Mist now...he's my top suspect as of now.
Mist7676 wrote:I hate walls also. I am always scummy.
ALWAYS

Policy Voting
Vote:Kcdaspot
He is always scum when I'm with him.
So yeah...are you trying to say that no matter how scummy you look dont ever vote you cuz you will be town? Just seems like to me that you are trying to take off all the future suspicions that might be put on you for attempting to start a policy lynch on Kc.
Mist7676 wrote:I just ment it will be easier for us to play with an IC leading us around the bends. Than again in occasions where the IC is most likly mafia. My intuition is telling me to vote for him. Also he seems so calm like he knows that he wont be voted because he knows we would want an IC to stay alive. Also he was the last to post.
VoteNacho
Ya last reason was just rubbish.
So you vote nacho asking for a claim, unvote him saying it was a joke, and then when he is back to L-3 you decide to vote him once more putting him on L-2? Im thinking that this is because you dont want any suspicions on you if Nacho was lynched - this can be seen by how you are reluctant to vote Nacho previously because then he would be placed on L-1. Guess what, your reason of voting for Nacho is more rubbish and purely anti-town. And then your excuse for voting him...
Mist7676 wrote:First post of page 3!! Well at first i was kidding. He is going to die anyways so why not kill him ourselves. This makes mafia have to choose out of the newbies or SE's but thinking about longer that is the worst idea ive ever heard so UNVOTE: well we should start thinking straight and kill dem mafias.
So you pull out from voting Nacho as you see that its a wagon thats not gna end up in a kill huh. And whats your excuse again? It was a joke...so asking for a claim and then saying we should lynch Nacho with hardly any reason at all can all be justified as a joke? Why the heck would you want to waste a day lynch on someone you think is gonna die at night anyways? This CANT be coming from a town...srsly.
Mist7676 wrote:Okay now I'm getting a major scum read from Les. I don't think he is playing the newbie card. He wants to follow the cop that has as much information as he has now. He doesn't want his role revealed. Lynch him. LYNCH HIM NOW!!VOTE: Les Guilelesser
Why do you suddenly get a major scum read? About 3 posts before you said you dont get much... And lol keen for a quick lynch rnt we?

VOTE: Mist7676
Show
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Perry, I see you. What do you think of Les? Please answer before logging off.

Responding to Escho's post... now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Escho wrote:I'm 50/50 on Les, at one point seems like a typical newbie and then other times a typical scum.
Could you be more specific? What seems like typical newbie, and what seems like typical town?
Escho wrote:@Les: Why did you decide to claim a townie so early and how could we have possibly seen that you are obv town considering you made very few and contentless posts? Also, why are you so inclined to not vote people who arnt even close to L-1?
You're misunderstanding him; he never claimed Vanilla Townie; he only claimed townie as in a member of the town :P. I like the rest of your questions, though.
Escho wrote:So yeah...are you trying to say that no matter how scummy you look dont ever vote you cuz you will be town? Just seems like to me that you are trying to take off all the future suspicions that might be put on you for attempting to start a policy lynch on Kc.

You're reaching a bit with this. Why does "I am always scummy" translate to "I am always town"? What about his vote on Kcdaspot seemed like policy?

PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

All right, just got to wait for parents to fall asleep, gimme an hour and ill be on a sustainable computer, not a smart phone, ill try my hardest to get a huge post but still,
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

But quick read on my phone, he seems a little... Suspicious. Ill look into it
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Escho »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Escho wrote:I'm 50/50 on Les, at one point seems like a typical newbie and then other times a typical scum.
Could you be more specific? What seems like typical newbie, and what seems like typical town?
Escho wrote:@Les: Why did you decide to claim a townie so early and how could we have possibly seen that you are obv town considering you made very few and contentless posts? Also, why are you so inclined to not vote people who arnt even close to L-1?
You're misunderstanding him; he never claimed Vanilla Townie; he only claimed townie as in a member of the town :P. I like the rest of your questions, though.
Escho wrote:So yeah...are you trying to say that no matter how scummy you look dont ever vote you cuz you will be town? Just seems like to me that you are trying to take off all the future suspicions that might be put on you for attempting to start a policy lynch on Kc.

You're reaching a bit with this. Why does "I am always scummy" translate to "I am always town"? What about his vote on Kcdaspot seemed like policy?
1. He seems like a typical newbie when he finds rvs something that will end up in a lynch (i think in his first post that was why he voted no one). I guess a typical scum due to his overcautious behaviour which is preventing him from voting others - perhaps scared to attract attention? Either way I have a null read on him for now.

2. I just used townie cuz thats what Les said in his post =p

3. Mist said it was a "policy vote" - hence pushing for a pl? And I cant think of any other reasons to say "I'm always scummy" other than the fact that you are trying to show urself as a member of town which i see unneccessary at this point. Why else would you say it?
Show

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Escho »

Oh and mist sorry for calling you a male...:S
Show

Mahatma Gandhi

Anonymous

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”