Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Mini 158 - Amnesia Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Update: Game over.

Something suspicious has been going on in Letheville. Or, at least you think so. You seem to remember something vague about a mafia and murders. And wasn't there something important you had to do at night? Who knows?

Players (12):

Foolster41
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Uraj45
Fuldu
Quailman
Dragon Phoenix
Dmi
SubtleTactix
Leonidas
Electra
Dranko20
Jaguar

Game over. Results
Last edited by Yggdrasil on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:30 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Rules:
(stolen and edited)

• Forget about posting anything game related once you are dead. A simple “bah!” post is acceptable, but not posting would be preferable.
  • Remember to bold all votes and to unvote.
  • Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the mafia, and only do that at night.
  • Do not edit/delete any of your submitted posts. Once you’ve posted a mistake it will be there for all to remember.
  • Having amnesia is no excuse for forgetting about this game. If you anticipate being gone for more than two days, please inform me and the other players. Otherwise, we might forget about you and replace you.
  • Should a deadline be reached and no one has a majority, the player with the most votes will be lynched. However, if no one has over half of a majority of votes by the deadline, no lynch will occur. In the case of a tie, whomever was at the required number of votes first will be lynched.
All pro-town roles received this PM:
You don’t seem to remember who you are. There is something you needed to do at night. Each night you may PM me the name of one player. You win when you have rid the town of the mafia.

Please confirm by PM and send a night choice.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

A shrill scream pierces the quiet morning air. All the inhabitants of Letheville, a small riverside community, quickly jump out of bed and rush outside to see what all of the commotion is about. As they exit, they are greeted by the beautiful sunrise along with the sight of a dead body laying on the ground with multiple knife wounds and bullet holes.

Thousands of questions spring into everyones’ minds.
What’s this all about? Is the town safe anymore? Who was he? In fact, who are all these people around me? Should I know who they are?

Everyone looks around blankly as they realize that they can’t remember a thing, not even their own names or their jobs.

“What’s going on, why can’t I remember anything?”

“This may answer our questions,” says another person who is holding a note. “I found this next to our departed friend.”

The note reads:
You may have caught us the first time, but don’t think you’ll stop us again. Let’s see how many of you survive now that you can’t remember who we are.
-The Mafia

Apparently, the town’s police force had arrested a band of mafia members a few days ago. However, the mafia members escaped and somehow added an amnesia-causing drug into the town’s water supply so that their identities could remain a secret. And now, it seems, the mafia want revenge for their capture.

“Well, if we caught them the first time, it shouldn’t be too hard to catch them again,” one of you says.

You all nod your heads in consent and begin discussing your plan to rid the city of the mafia. You decide that each day you will democratically decide on one person to lynch. You will continue this process until you have eliminated all of the mafia. But there’s one problem:

“What’s everyone’s name?” someone finally has the courage to ask.

“I don’t know,” everyone seems to mumble.

“Well, why don’t we just make some up?” someone suggests.

So you all proceed to think up names, write them on name tags and go around introduce themselves.

“I’m Dranko20, because names with numbers are better.”

“I can’t decide if I want to be Dragon or Phoenix.”

“How about Dragon Phoenix?”

“How do you pronounce the underscores in your name, Mr_Gnome_It_All?”

After all of the introductions, someone finally points to the dead body and asks:

“Who is he?”

“He looks like a Fuldu.”

You take Fuldu to the town coroner who concludes that Fuldu was a cop, able to investigate people at night to determine whether they were guilty or innocent.

As the sun has now fully risen, the town gather back to discuss who to lynch.

Fuldu, Cop, killed Night 1

It is now DAY 1. With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch.

Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:17 am

Post by Fuldu »

It's nice to see I'm bursting into the 2005 Scummys - Most Likely to Die Night One competition at full force. I think that's three already this year.

Bah.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:38 am

Post by Jaguar »

Poor Fuldu :(

random vote: MGIA
to get the game started.
I need a new tagline...
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:55 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Well, at least it's only one death. I was worried we'd have at least 2. One from mafia, and one, possibly, from an amnesiac vig. But fortunately that didn't happen. :)

Random Vote: Leonidas
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:02 am

Post by Quailman »

Hmmm... There's only 12 of us, so probably only one cop. I had been planning on waiting and following an early voter on the outside chance that he's a cop who found scum. Since that scenario seems unlikely, I will have to go random...

vote: Leonidas

Hey, I know there's already one on him, but you can't argue with a RNG.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:38 pm

Post by Dranko20 »

random
Vote: Quailman

Not sure that 2nd random vote was really random, or waht not, but I don't like 2nd votes before most people have seen the thread, so yeah.
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:26 pm

Post by Electra »

Quailman wrote:Hmmm... There's only 12 of us, so probably only one cop. I had been planning on waiting and following an early voter on the outside chance that he's a cop who found scum. Since that scenario seems unlikely, I will have to go random...

vote: Leonidas

Hey, I know there's already one on him, but you can't argue with a RNG.
That's a really weird statement. O.o The probability that a cop finds scum and that you're able to tell that the cop is the cop who found scum is what?

not a random
vote: Quailman
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:01 pm

Post by Quailman »

No. I just said there's probably not another cop in a mini game, so I just tossed a random vote out there. I decided in advance that I wouldn't re-select if I got someone already chosen, so I voted.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:34 am

Post by Dmi »

Random Vote: Quailman
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:35 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Hi all. Great to se eths game is finnaly going. I'm going to randomly
vote: Uraj45
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:09 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote jaguar

I'm sure I had a reason for this vote, but.....
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:22 am

Post by Jaguar »

DMI, is your vote on Quailman really random? He already had two votes on him and you added a third. I can understand the reason for the initial two votes on Quail, but you just claim to vote randomly... Or are you basing your vote on gossip?

As for only one cop, in an amnesiac game, I would expect that there is a back-up as the cop doesn't know he's the cop and the doc doesn't know he's the doc, so it's a bit hard to make sure a cop gets protected when the need is there.

Another possibility, would night 1 results give people enough information to figure out who they are? Are we going to get increasingly more information about our roles as the game goes on?
I need a new tagline...
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:34 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Ah, it's Amnesia. What a lovely game. I think i'll vote for. . .
[quote= "Nametag"]
Hello my name is:
Electra
[/quote]
Random vote Electra

Jaguar, I'm not sure about how much we learn our roles. Can anyone offer insight from past games of Amnesia? Yggdrasil very well do things differently but it still might be helpful.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:48 am

Jaguar wrote:Another possibility, would night 1 results give people enough information to figure out who they are? Are we going to get increasingly more information about our roles as the game goes on?
I would guess that some players would be able to figure it out soon, like if someone was a vigilante they might have killed. Characters like Docs however, might have a more difficult time learning what they are since if they're successful you can't be certain that they were the one responsible for a lack of a kill.

I'm guessing as the game progresses our memories will return and we'll find out who we really are.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:39 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - Quailman (Dranko20, Electra, Dmi)
2 - Leonidas (Mr_Gnome_It_All, Quailman)
1 - Electra (Uraj45)
1 - Jaguar (Dragon Phoenix)
1 - Mr_Gnome_It_All (Jaguar)
1 - Uraj45 (Foolster41)

6 to Lynch

SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:42 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

Hey folks. Just checking in. This is my first game with an amnesia style, so I'll be taking it slow. I agree Dmi putting a 3rd vote on Quailman is a little odd, but just an FOS: Dmi for now.

It seems like any lynch will be a little weak for Day 1, right? I mean, no one can really role claim, so what defense is there?

Finally, I presume the answer is no, but will the amnesia have any effects on the mafia/SK? Or is that just to much to hope for?

--Tactix
[size=75]"No hard feelings Tactix, sorry about leading the crusade against you." -- Crola[/size]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Not sure I understand. And too many question marks.

vote: SubtleTactix
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:52 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

What I meant was this: With no ability to role-claim, it will be hard for players to defend against a band-wagon. That weakens the ability of the town to make a good lynch day 1.

Question mark free, just for Leonidas. :)
[size=75]"No hard feelings Tactix, sorry about leading the crusade against you." -- Crola[/size]
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:04 am

Post by Jaguar »

True, but our role-claim can be based on results, if any, we have for night 1. And the mafia (If I'm reading the intro correctly) doesn't have amnesia and hence they may not know what kind of results we, as the town, have received for night 1.

All pro-town roles have sent a name to our mod for a night 1 choice, so it's likely we've all received a result. It may not be something that we can interpret readily, but if pushed to a lynch, we reveal our result and perhaps someone else can shed some light on the result. It may not be in our best interest to reveal who we targeted, but the result may be interesting enough to give us something to talk about.
I need a new tagline...
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:41 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - Quailman (Dranko20, Electra, Dmi)
2 - Leonidas (Mr_Gnome_It_All, Quailman)
1 - Electra (Uraj45)
1 - Jaguar (Dragon Phoenix)
1 - Mr_Gnome_It_All (Jaguar)
1 - Uraj45 (Foolster41)
1 - SubtleTactix (Leonidas)

6 to Lynch

Apparently, the epidemic of amnesia has worsened and people have forgotten how to post! Perhaps a
deadline
will remind them that there are killers on the loose.

Retractable Deadline:
Wednesday, February 23 at 11:59pm PST (US)

Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:45 am

SubtleTactix wrote:What I meant was this: With no ability to role-claim, it will be hard for players to defend against a band-wagon. That weakens the ability of the town to make a good lynch day 1.

Question mark free, just for Leonidas. :)
Well, what do you suggest? No Lynch? :roll:
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:42 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Yes, in most cases no lynch is a bad idea. But it is also true that lynching no one would be better than lynching a townie, which we have about 75-83.33% odds of doing (Asuming 2 maf and possibly 1 SK which is about standard for 12 player game) Of course now is definitly not the time to descide that. A no lynch is a definite last resort at the last posible moment of the deadline when we still have no clues at all.

Right now the only thing I see as suspicious is DMI's 3 vote. So I suggest lacking any other cluers we see what me might tell us about his whereabouts last night.

Unvote vote: DMI
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:49 am

Post by Quailman »

SubtleTactix wrote:...I agree Dmi putting a 3rd vote on Quailman is a little odd...
Me too. And anyone who took exception to my voting the second consecutive random vote on Leonidas should jump all over him. He placed a "random" vote on me, the third, when there was at least something to discuss in the thread.

unvote: Leonidas; vote: DMI

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”