Open 291 Frenenemies (+ other guy) - Game over: Wolves win!

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Let me know if u guys want to see mafiaQT. It is incredibly unexciting
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 am

Post by chkflip »

Sorry I had to replace out.

Go wolves.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Glass can post our QT if they want to.

Krazy wrote:How did Llama not get lynched... I expressly explained that he was scum at the end of D1. Wow. Painful.

Because I had everyone willing not to listen to you by that point. You cant convince everyone you are town, so you need to get rid of anyone who thinks otherwise, or at least convince people that they are to be ignored.

@Toast - Scum in a multi-scum setup is tricky. You have to play a regular game, and then be cautious of getting tied to other scum. You just need to get your reads down faster. I actually thought you were probably town, granted bais was making me think you had to be town since I was getting you 'mislynched' as wolf. Looking back I could see you fitting there, but still thought tcl was more likely.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Glass »

OH THAT REMINDS ME.

I AM A GUY FFS!!!!!!!!!!
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Glass »

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Glass wrote:OH THAT REMINDS ME.

I AM A GUY FFS!!!!!!!!!!

The avatar doesnt help a gender neutral/lean female username.

I used to get the female one a whole lot too though... maybe its a wolf thing
Co-host of The USL Show
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Crazy »

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

The QT there reminds me of two things I was suprised I didnt get called on

1) Outting the mason and continuing to out the mason. I just wanted to control mafia kill as much as possible, and pointing out who mason was could have been the best chance.
2) Glass self-hammer and claim. It was something I was a little bit afraid of having him do just because it seems like something I would do more than anyone else since its the 'right' move but most people dont like doing that type of thing. I like gambit-ish play as town, and love doing it as scum if the time is right for it.
Co-host of The USL Show
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by tclawren »

Reading that QT reminded me that I need to work on appearing more townie as a VT... Oh well.

I actually read Llama as Null this whole game until the SSS claim, which much less townier than I've read him in the past when he's been scum.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by tclawren »

EBTWOP: I was talking about the mason QT
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Glass »

Day 2 was fun because it was some friendly competition ;), I was genuinely trying to get llama lynched up until near the end when I realized that many people had a town read on llama and with me flipping wolf he was going to go far. If llama had gotten lynched I would have had to kill the mafia at night to even think about surviving day 3 and then there would be 2 masons to worry about, so ehhhh.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

I definitely wouldn't have killed you, you were more of a suspect. I do wonder what would've changed if we lynched llama and not you D2. It could really have been the exact same story, given how well you two pulled off the bussing thing.

I planned to kill SSS N3, but I think my going after Llama over furuclow was a BIG mistake. Also my switching of votes definitely was suspicious.

Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Glass »

Well, I would have killed SSS (as noted in qt) and so we would have signer, toast, me, furc, tclaw. I would have definitely attacked furc for being llama's partner (it may have worked, who knows) and then it would have come down to what happened night 3. idk if i would have killed you or you killed me at that point, so it could have been anyone's game really.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

yeah I think singer/furclow would have been targets for lynches. I needed singer dead (sorry, but, like, u know me and u were on to something). That was a really smart kill. I was surprised no one caught the relationship b/w the singer-kill (she was making a case against me after Glass was lynched. Not to mention the blatant "^^this is town" message DRK had with chkflip

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 am

Post by singersigner »

Dick.

<3
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 am

Post by singersigner »

Dick.

<3
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

ToastyToast wrote:I was surprised no one caught the relationship b/w the singer-kill (she was making a case against me after Glass was lynched. Not to mention the blatant "^^this is town" message DRK had with chkflip
No one expects blatant buddying of scumbuddies in the current site meta. It seems too obvious. I figured that, if I ever flipped, people would just pin it down to scum buddying town. In the end, no one actually mentioned it at all, but I think that if they had, no one would have looked at that and decided you were scum.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

tclawren wrote:Well, thanks to ThAdmiral for modding. This is one of my favorite games that I've played here so far.

LlamaFluff, you are a hell of a player and I really respect the way you play the game. I think you played this game as close to flawless as you possibly can get. Congrats.

I agree with it being a good game. It was a great combination of players.

@tcl - Thanks. You are a good new player that I enjoy playing with, which I cant say for many people nowadays (Glass and Toast fit this too). This was just a good mix of players who really arent into all the "caps lock" playstyles or whatever they call it. I just am so sick of those players who really make the game unenjoyable to me. This game did a good job of reminding me why I never have been able to retire after three years and I thank the players and mod for that. Really.

Krazy wrote:How did Llama not get lynched... I expressly explained that he was scum at the end of D1. Wow. Painful.

Your case was mostly based on me going back and forth on you (which I really was), plus I had managed to convince most people not to really listen to what you were pushing regardless of alignment. As scum I try to micromanage as many things as possible, and making sure that you just got slowly pushed to a lynch was the best way to go about that there. Diverting attention to what not to do in twilight as opposed to what to do during the day was all I had to do in order to make people forget your twilight supicions.

tclawren wrote:I actually read Llama as Null this whole game until the SSS claim, which much less townier than I've read him in the past when he's been scum.

Multi-factions games are my bane as scum. I cant figure out how to look town enough due to how different my trains of thoughts are between two alignments, which you technically are as scum, since you do want to scumhunt for the other faction ASAP. Never really hit my stride until post Glass lynch where I had the breathing room I needed to start concentrating on other things, after that I felt I played a much better game.

Glass wrote:Day 2 was fun because it was some friendly competition ;), I was genuinely trying to get llama lynched up until near the end when I realized that many people had a town read on llama and with me flipping wolf he was going to go far. If llama had gotten lynched I would have had to kill the mafia at night to even think about surviving day 3 and then there would be 2 masons to worry about, so ehhhh.

You should have made a F3 if I got lynched instead, just likely would have resulted in a Furc lynch instead of a Toast lynch, which would have made the game quite different. Speaking of Furc, I think he fits in the "grossly underestimated" players (like Emp, again this may be my wierdness but I would rather play with Furc/Emp then Fate/Reck/LLD any other rage person without a second though), and if he cuts down the wierdness a little more, will easily be an above average player on the site, as he quickly is passing people on my list of good people.

ToastyToast wrote:I planned to kill SSS N3, but I think my going after Llama over furuclow was a BIG mistake. Also my switching of votes definitely was suspicious.

There was no way I would have let you lynch Furc, and I think would have been able to get you lynched easier if you went for him then if you went for me as there were a few things that I withheld using due to them slightly applying to me and I felt they would just get rebounded.

DeathRowKitty wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:I was surprised no one caught the relationship b/w the singer-kill (she was making a case against me after Glass was lynched. Not to mention the blatant "^^this is town" message DRK had with chkflip
No one expects blatant buddying of scumbuddies in the current site meta. It seems too obvious. I figured that, if I ever flipped, people would just pin it down to scum buddying town. In the end, no one actually mentioned it at all, but I think that if they had, no one would have looked at that and decided you were scum.

Depends, I dont really rule it out (if you note I had chck as third pick right after your flip), but I agree to an extent, and that is a BIG part of playing scum. Biggest tip I can give, stay ahead of the site meta, and your own meta. This will get you deep in a whole lot of games, and I say this as having one of the strongest (I think) scum records on the site, I think at this point its close to 20 wins (when you factor in Furry), a draw and three losses (one first game ever, one due to cop).
Co-host of The USL Show
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:51 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

LlamaFluff wrote:I agree with it being a good game. It was a great combination of players.

You're right about the group of players. I think we got all our bad luck out of the way with the three cheaters, and from then on every single person involved in the game are people I deem "gooduns".

I look forward to playing with/modding/being modded by you guys in future!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”