he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Open 289 - Hard Boiled - Game over.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am

Post by implosion »

Hard Boiled Mafia

Spoiler: still living (* signifies prods)
3. Umbrage
-
Mafia goon, survived.

TheBigLebowski
Regfan
-
Mafia goon, survived.

Spoiler: not still living
1. Xtoxm
-
Vanilla townie, lynched day one.

5. ConSpiracy
-
Vigilante, died night one.

9. Quaroath
-
Mafia goon, died night one.

11. iamausername
-
Hider, died night one.

4. Ythan
-
Detective, died night two.

silverbullet999
Snake Eyes
Amrun
-
Vanilla townie, lynched day three.

12. DarthYoshi
-
Hider tracker, killed night three.

Vordark
pod person
-
Vanilla townie, lynched day four.

10. Abelcain
-
Vanilla townie, endgamed.

2. Krazy
-
Vanilla townie, endgamed.

Rules (plagiarized from bv310, who apparently took them from Haylen, with minor modifications)

During the Day...

The game is a Day Start.
You may vote either with
Vote: implosion
or VOTE: implosion. Unvoting is not necessary, although it is helpful. Votes that are not bolded will not be counted.
Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks. No majority at deadline will result in no lynch. I may extend the deadline if necessary for replacements, etc.
Mafia may not communicate during the day.
Do not quote any mod communication of any kind, including role PMs. This may cause you to mysteriously vanish.
I don't like cheaters.
(a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags (the kind that make text black, not the kind that hide text with a "show" button), encryption or anything as such will mysteriously disappear from the village unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts, don't.
7a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement as well.
b.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced barring extenuating circumstances (such as a quicklynch).

During Twilight

Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
The person lynched may still talk during Twilight until their lynch scene is posted.
The mafia may still not talk.

During the Night Phase

The Night Phase will last 72 hours. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night. Because of the open setup, this will obviously only include the mafia.
Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be punished.

General Rules

I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
I will be using this color (a07621) for this game. Don't use it. If I edit your posts, I will use it.
Never talk to anybody outside the game unless permitted by your role.
Don't piss off the mod. Bad things will happen, up to and including mysteriously vanishing.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, notify me. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Modkilling (or mysteriously vanishing) means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Modkills will end the day in most circumstances.
Play to win
, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behavior has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy god...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help with something about the game, PM me. If you need to clarify a rule, either PM me or post in-thread.
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy.
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun! :D

The setup

Three people will receive the following PM:
Welcome, X. You are a
Mafia goon
, along with Y and Z. You have the following abilities:

-
Factional communication
: You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.

-
Factional kill
: Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.

Win condition
: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM by stating your role.
Five people will receive the following PM:
Welcome, X. You are a vanilla townie. You have no special abilities.

Win condition
: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

One person will receive the following PM:
Welcome, X. You are the hider. You have the following abilities:

-
Hide
: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia or the vigilante, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted for a nightkill by the mafia or vigilante that night, you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill on a night that you hide behind someone else, that nightkill will not affect you.

Win condition
: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Welcome, X. You are the hider tracker. You have the following abilities:

-
Tracking
: every night, I will automatically send you the person that the hider hid behind, or no one if they did not hide that night. You will not be informed of the hider's identity. If tracked, you will show as having visited the hider, unless the hider is already dead.

Win condition

Welcome, X. You are the Tracker/Vigilante. You have the following abilities:

-Decision: on night one, you must choose whether you want to be a tracker or a vigilante. You will remain this role for the duration of the game.

-Tracker: if you choose tracker on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me the name of someone who you want to track. I will return a PM telling you who that person targeted that night, or that they targeted no one.

-Vigilante: if you choose vigilante on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me a name of someone who you want to kill. That person will die, unless in some way protected.

Win condition

One person will randomly receive one of the following two PMs:
Welcome, X. You are the detective. You have the following abilities:

-Investigation: every night, you may PM me the name of someone who you want to investigate. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has killed another player at night on any night, including the night that your action was submitted.

Win condition

OR
Welcome, X. You are the psychologist. You have the following abilities:

-Investigation: every night, you may PM me wit the name of someone who you want to investigate. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has the capability to kill another player at night. If they have already killed another player, or kill another player on the night you investigate them, you will be told that they do not have the capability to kill.

Win condition

Last edited by implosion on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 am, edited 31 times in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am

Post by implosion »

Role PMs are going out in order of player list. Confirm via PM when you get yours.

Game will start once 10/12 have confirmed.

Edit: all PMs are out.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 am

Post by implosion »

Snake Eyes replaces silverbullet999 (silverbullet outed just too late, and snake eyes just missed the game).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by implosion »

10/12 people have confirmed. Day one begins. Deadline will be 3 weeks from today at 8:30 PM EST.

Play mafia!
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

1st.

VOTE: xtoxm

How will I ever going to pronounce that?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Abelcain »

Hey, everyone. I've been away from MafiaScum for a while, thanks to some tricky problems with my laptop's power cord, so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty.

*gives avatars a look-over*

Vote: Snake
for not telling me the watch was on his prosthetic arm. That information could have stopped me from getting axe-murdered!
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Vordark »

Vote: ConSpiracy
for being 1st.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Umbrage »

VOTE: Vordark for posting before me.

I don't think I've played with anyone here before. This should be exciting!
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Hi, everyone. Time for some obligatory opening questions--

What time zone are you in?

RVS or RQS? Why?

What is your experience level with Mafia?

How active can we expect you to be?

To answer my own questions, I'm on Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8). I like both RVS and RQS--I think they can be a both-and rather than an either-or, so this post will contain a vote as well. I'm relatively new to MafiaScum (only one completed game under my belt, plus one where I've been NKed and two more where I'm still alive), but used to play Mafia offsite many years ago. I try to be fairly active--you can generally count on me to post every day, sometimes more if I have a day off from both work and school.

And,
Vote: Umbrage.
For having a name too similar to the name of a godawful Harry Potter character.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Umbrage »

I've got an early day tomorrow, so I'm heading to bed. But first...

GMT -5

I'm not sure what RQS is. I'm OK with RVS, I don't really think it means much, but it's fine as an icebreaker.

I've been playing mafia for a long time now, but I'm still relatively new to this site.

I have a laptop, so I'm usually online and posting. There'll be times when I can't post for a while, but I'll try and keep them to a minimum.

And Yoshi, I hate HP as well. My name is totally not related to that pile of crap.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Vordark »

DarthYoshi wrote:Hi, everyone. Time for some obligatory opening questions--

RVS or RQS? Why?

America/New_York (technically New Hampshire)

I think RVS is harmless and RQS is interesting. I don't think either is particularly useful as a rule, but then I'm new at this.

One Newbie game under way, one game completed on another site. I'm fascinated by it though and have been reading these forums and wiki voraciously.

I should be very active. I have a lot of screen time so I'll be keeping up with the thread and likely posting more than once a day.
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Abelcain »

RVS or RQS? Why?

I think I'm the same Time Zone as Umbrage and Vodark, which is to say the East Coast of the US (GMT - 5). RVS and RQS are both good, but I usually seem to get more mileage out of RVS in terms of scummy behavior. So far I've completed two Newbie games (got NK'd N1 the first one, then played through the majority of my second) and I was in an Open game a month or so ago, but my laptop's charger fell apart and I had to replace out so that my lack of activity wouldn't hurt the game. I have a new charger now, so hopefully that won't be the case this time around. I can usually post pretty often on weekdays, but I work Saturday nights and Sunday mornings so most of my posts on the weekends tend to be a little shorter than normal.
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Quaroath »

PST, GMT - ... 8? I think. Yeah.

Portland, Oregon (Go blazers!)
RVS, because I like the silliness.

I hope to post every day, at minimum every other. I've been having some serious health issues recently but they seem to be fixing themselves now. If I have to V/LA i'll say so.

I played at MS about 4 years ago, lost that account in the migration and figured I'd start over. Also play with a small group in meatworld. I tend to talk myself in circles still, I'm quite rusty. Just started playing MS again about 2 weeks ago.

as for my vote: VOTE: Darth Yoshi cause is Yoshi goes Sith, we are all doomed.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

DarthYoshi wrote:What time zone are you in?
GMT.
RVS or RQS? Why?
I prefer to just play the damn game.
~3 years, ~50 games.
Variable.

VOTE: Umbrage

Nobody hates Harry Potter. Lynch all liars.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

I'm in Hawaii time and also like both/and for RVS and RQS. I have been playing mafia off and on on another site for like a year now, but also will play a lot of quickgames. I tend to be pretty active in that I keep up on the thread but tend to make a few longer posts rather than a lot of shorter posts.

vote Yhtan

Trust me, this game will be so much better if we get a policy lynch in here right away. I mean, come on, it's Ythan.
vote conspiracy
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by Snake Eyes »

Abelcain wrote:
Vote: Snake
for not telling me the watch was on his prosthetic arm. That information could have stopped me from getting axe-murdered!
If you didn't even notice the blind man had a prosthetic arm, you probably deserved it. :)
DarthYoshi wrote:What time zone are you in?
GMT +2
DarthYoshi wrote:RVS or RQS? Why?
Whichever gets the game started.
DarthYoshi wrote:What is your experience level with Mafia?
I've played a few games.
DarthYoshi wrote:How active can we expect you to be?
I aim to at least post daily, and will probably succeed with few exceptions.

VOTE: Krazy for spelling crazy with a k. That's just krazy.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

1)
2)
RVS or RQS? Why?
3)
4)
1) GMT +1
2) RVS, though I hate RVS a sole RQS doesn't work.
3) 5 games done, 4 ongoing (this one included)
4) Fairly active. I am not going to be prodded (or something in real life has to come up)

UNVOTE: Xtoxm
VOTE: Umbrage
So Umbrage, thoughts on people?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

@ConSpiracy: Voting a player who already has two RVS votes on them, but without giving a reason for the vote (RVS or otherwise)? Sketch.
Unvote. Vote: ConSpiracy.

@Krazy: I've never played a game with Ythan. Why should we be policy lynching him?

@Quaraoth: The Blazers suck, but Portland rules (I lived there for four years before moving to Bezerkeley). (Cue Fred Armisen singing, "The dream of the '90s is alive in Portland...")
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Quaroath »

DarthYoshi wrote: @Quaraoth: The Blazers suck, but Portland rules (I lived there for four years before moving to Bezerkeley). (Cue Fred Armisen singing, "The dream of the '90s is alive in Portland...")
BOOOO. Rip City baby! (I have season tickets)
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Umbrage »

[quote="ConSpiracy]So Umbrage, thoughts on people?[/quote]

Why me? As I said, I don't consider RVS means much in the way of scum versus town. I really don't think anyone can find scum on page one.

VOTE: ConSpiracy

You singled me out for a reason, but why would you ask for my thoughts when I said I find RVS meaningless?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Krazy »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Krazy: I've never played a game with Ythan. Why should we be policy lynching him?

He's the devil... when he realizes he's actually in this game, by page ten, four pages of the posts will be his.
vote conspiracy
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Abelcain »

Krazy wrote:He's the devil... when he realizes he's actually in this game, by page ten, four pages of the posts will be his.
So you're saying that Ythan posts a lot, so you want him gone? Sounds like you're scum trying to prevent the flow of information in the game.

And what's this?
Krazy's Sig wrote:
vote conspiracy
So you want us to policy lynch Ythan and then you're trying to subliminally tell to us to get rid of ConSpiracy too?

Unvote

Vote: Krazy
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

RVS or RQS? Why?

I am in GMT. I care not for RVS, and I have not heard of RQS, thought if it's what I think it is I have no problem with that. I am have several years of experience, 30+ games. My activity levels vary considerably, but you can probably expect a post once every couple days.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Abelcain:
and then you're trying to subliminally tell to us to get rid of ConSpiracy too?
I can't tell if this is serious or not. Ordinarily, I'd say no, but the tone of the rest of your post seems serious, so I can't tell if your vote is serious or not. Please clarify.
TheBigLebowski
TheBigLebowski
Goon
TheBigLebowski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by TheBigLebowski »

VOTE: Vordark
Your face scares me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”