C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by C-Worl »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
C-Worl wrote:Oh and

Unvote

No need for my original joke vote to remain when we have prime scumspects coming out of the wood work now.
May I ask why you unvoted, yet didn't re-vote, even though "we have prime scumspects"? You even listed
your
two suspects in the post before this... seems odd to unvote instead of changing your vote to one of them.

~Pie
Haven't decided which of the two I think is more scum yet.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

C-Worl wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
C-Worl wrote:Oh and

Unvote

No need for my original joke vote to remain when we have prime scumspects coming out of the wood work now.
May I ask why you unvoted, yet didn't re-vote, even though "we have prime scumspects"? You even listed
your
two suspects in the post before this... seems odd to unvote instead of changing your vote to one of them.

~Pie
Haven't decided which of the two I think is more scum yet.
So you're scum waiting to see which bandwagon forms first. Good to know.

Unvote, Vote: C-Worl

~Pie
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by C-Worl »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:

~Pie
No, if that were true I would've voted Pine who had 3 votes on him at the time. I'm legit giving them a chance to respond before I vote.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

evilpacman18 wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
Vote: evilpacman18

He's clearly evil. It's in his name.
Oh man. I've never heard that one before.
Clear inconsistency. My joke was in no way original - you are bound to have heard it before. In fact, I could probably find a few games where you have heard that before. Lynch all Liars, anyone? ;)

-------------------------

I'm not really liking Pine's Post 42. I agree with what Friend posted a little later - he's trying too hard. His treatment of GreyIce's No Lynch vote bothers me - its almost as if he saw the No Lynch vote and felt compelled to comment on it, even though the post clearly showed no intention of pushing a No Lynch. Pine mentions this in his post, but also uses it as a launching pad into a mini lecture on why No Lynch is bad.

That combined with the bottom section of the post (if I haven't said anything about you you haven't done enough, etc.) smells of what I like to call the Rallying Cry tell. I'm sure some other scummer has come up with a better name for it, but I'm too tired to hunt that name down. Basically, it is when a player says various things which sound protown, but aren't really, and are just obvious statements used to fluff up posts. Examples: "No Lynch is bad! Everyone get posting, we can't win this if you don't communicate! (and the biggest one, where I got the name for it,) It's ok! That was just one mislynch! Today let us really think things through and we'll be sure to have better luck!"

Pine seems to have an unhealthy amount of this type of posting so early in the game, that it's worrisome. I'm not sure, however, if this is just an unusual playstyle appearing scummy, or if it means he's scum actually employing the tactic. For now, I believe it's the former, but I'm keeping an eye on him (and, alas, reading the walls :() to check for that. Pine, two additional things: Trim down the walls. We also understand that you are somewhat experienced, just on a different site. You've referenced that frequently, we understood it the first time. Focus less on that and more on this indiviudal game.
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Oh hey, the game started.
Vote: Pine

His rambling is giving me scummy vibes.

Grey voting NL is a nulltell, btw.

~Pie
Not liking how "skimmy" this post reads. Feels like you just skimmed the thread, picked out a couple of notable things and commented on them in an effort to post without really posting. Your vote riding a common wave of thought throughout the game doesn't look great either.

Unvote, Vote: TwoHeadedBoy

Preview Edit - Never mind, you're putting in more effort than your first post led me to believe.

Unvote, Vote: AGar

Usually by this point in the game, you have a seventeen point case as to why I am scum and you're pushing for my lynch like I was Michael Vick at a PETA convention. Your lack of presence in the thread is out-of-character for you.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

C-Worl wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:

~Pie
No, if that were true I would've voted Pine who had 3 votes on him at the time. I'm legit giving them a chance to respond before I vote.
So you're scum waiting to see if the Pine wagon keeps up or dies down. Again, good to know.

Confid's vote is funny. He actually had better reasoning for voting
me

~Pie

P.S. - Fugitive is in Maine at the moment and has limited internet. So he won't be showing up for a while, but I'll sign my posts regardless.
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Calcifer »

[winger] wrote:I'm guessing Mastin is one of the people playing the Calcifer account? Anyway, I don't care if Mastin has a habit of not explaining his reads, he needs to explain them. And I definitely don't like Calcifer's vote on Cookie at this stage in the game. Granted, I'm not a fan of Cookie's open dissent with Jerbs' vote on Pine, but I don't think a vote followed by a bold declaration of scum is appropriate. That being said, I'm getting a vague town vibe from the Calcifer slot.
No, Mastin is an overly verbose writer, and his problem is that he explains things TOO much. It's not worth breaking your eyes over early game reads, trust me.
[winger] wrote:Additionally: there are too many players who haven't posted enough/at all to be declaring that someone is decidedly scum yet.
This is where we differ in playstyle. I get strong scum reads pretty damn early, so I see no reason to withhold them.
Cookie wrote:The lack of an explanation actually isn't the worst part of the post. The fact that it's on a townish target and it comes at a time when there's a lot of annoying feelings eminating from Pine is the worst part. Also, unless Jerbs is trying out a new playstyle, I don't remember him being somebody who usually flippantly states that someone is scum and slaps down a vote, but I'm willing to write this point off.
So... most of your point is meta, then?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mastin could write a 10 page essay on why 2+2 = 4.

And then conclude that really the most likely answer was 4.1. Ye gods the theory posts...

I like him, but the man defines "get a good editor."

Anyway, I've been climbing the Pine Walls, and the content is really starting to bug the shit out of me.
Pine wrote:
GreyICE wrote:P.P.S. If that was a short wall from Pine, I say we report him to the moderator, Mastin is running two accounts. My god man, take a minute or two and edit your post down into something that makes sense. I've been diagnosed with ADD, that doesn't mean you have to inflict rambling wallposts on the world :(
I am not Mastin. Correlation does not imply causality.
Anyway, I'll just Vote: No Lynch because I've done it a few times and Mastin is metaing me, so he should see that I'm town when I do it :D
As much as I can understand fucking with someone's head, a No Lynch vote is just...I'm not sure there's a good word for it. Given the explanation, I'm inclined to not think it as scummy as I would otherwise, but...No Lynch isn't a good thing for Town.

Pine:

1) Did you really think I thought you were Mastin?
2) Did you really think I became less scummy because my reason entire reason for voting "No Lynch" was I do that when I'm town?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also, Winger, if you feel the need to copy and paste 15 quotes and then write a one sentence reply to each... don't.

I think you're town so I'm just going to ignore your walls.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Cookie_of_Death »

Calcifer wrote:
Cookie wrote:The lack of an explanation actually isn't the worst part of the post. The fact that it's on a townish target and it comes at a time when there's a lot of annoying feelings eminating from Pine is the worst part. Also, unless Jerbs is trying out a new playstyle, I don't remember him being somebody who usually flippantly states that someone is scum and slaps down a vote, but I'm willing to write this point off.
So... most of your point is meta, then?
My first point was, as Confid put better than I did, "riding the common wave of thought" (the only thing that separated Jerbs from the rest of the antiPine rhetoric was an actual vote). Couple that with a lack of commentary on ANYTHING or ANYBODY else.
And, yes, my second point was meta (which there's nothing wrong with).
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Cookie_of_Death wrote: My first point was, as Confid put better than I did, "riding the common wave of thought" (the only thing that separated Jerbs from the rest of the antiPine rhetoric was an actual vote). Couple that with a lack of commentary on ANYTHING or ANYBODY else.
This = bad use of meta.

Good use of meta = your previous games show that you're an aggressive player who gets angry when their questions aren't answered and states clear opinions. This game you are wishy-washy and don't mind people ignoring you. Don't want any attention?

Bad use of meta = "I don't remember player X doing Y when he was town!" and/or "Player X did Y as scum in this game!"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by C-Worl »

@TwoHeadedBoy, I'm not going to rush into a vote regardless of what you say.

@Everyone, seeing how this is my first game on this site I have a question pertaining to something I haven't seen before, "What the hell is a hydra?" also "What does meta mean?"

@Calcifer, I don't really care how long an explanation is reasons are. Posting a scum list with no reasons toward it is a highly scum thing to do. Same with posting a town list with no reasons behind it. I'd be willing to believe you're doing it to gauge our responses but, it's also highly possible that you're just trying to sucker people in so you don't look scummy. Either way right now the entire list w/o reasons is anti-town. If you are town and you don't divulge your reasons then if the mafia night kills you, your reasons will be forever unknown.
Show

[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by [winger] »

C-Worl wrote:Those who don't open there thoughts up to the rest of town are scum. Give reasons for your list Calcifer. Also, I've seen very little value in any of Pine's posts and his sensitivity to everyone is lolable. Parama asking Mastin to explain himself is in no way paranoa. Don't post a list of scumspects unless you plan on explaining it. Winger is a hypocrite for harping on Pine's long posts when his last one was humongous.

Here's my list of scumspect though. (Calcifer and Pine)

Calcifer: For making an initial list of scumspects with no reasoning. I don't care if the reasons are retarded not giving any is scumtastic.

Pine: For his arrogant, long, and mostly pointless posts.
I get a read of newbish town from this post. C-Worl, how many games have you played in before this?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Friend »

ConfidAnon's vote for AGar after this game has only been going on for about a day is troubling to me, especially after the tossed-away THB vote.
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by [winger] »

@C-Worl: A hydra is an account which consists of two players, and "meta" means basically someone's normal playstyle/tendencies.

I can't agree with THB's vote on C-Worl. Also, I don't think meta is useful in this game, given the fact that me, C-Worl, Pine, and Cookie are all new here and therefore don't have a meta.
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by [winger] »

C-Worl wrote:Posting a scum list with no reasons toward it is a highly scum thing to do
I ask you this: can you see any potential benefit from someone withholding reasons? This question is to C-Worl, I'd like nobody else to respond to this.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

[winger] wrote:@C-Worl: A hydra is an account which consists of two players, and "meta" means basically someone's normal playstyle/tendencies.

I can't agree with THB's vote on C-Worl. Also, I don't think meta is useful in this game, given the fact that me, C-Worl, Pine, and Cookie are all new here and therefore don't have a meta.

"Man, hammers are useless. I had a screw and it just wouldn't get it in!" :igmeou:

------

Anyone at all like Friend's "contributions" right now?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay, I'm going to
really
try to keep this short, but no promises. It is apparent to me now that in this crowd, at least, my actual points get lost when I explain them fully. I find this sad and ironic.
Cookie_of_Death wrote:Pine, conciseness is protown.
I couldn't disagree more, but I won't waste time debating it. Parama's response was just uncalled-for.
@Nachomamma: I can see what you meant re: my first post, but in other games, I've gotten attacked for it right out of the box. It was less about defending my style and more about warning people of what was coming. Your partner's similar style is well-known and required no introduction.
@ConfidAnon: The intent behind my "wall post" was to address and analyze as much as I could at that point. This has served me very well in the past, even in live games, where I have been known to sit silent for half the discussion time and then conduct a point-by-point dissection of what's been said. It is clear to me that this adaptation of live strategy is not being received well in this crowd, and I'm now scrambling to adjust to water that is suddenly over my head.
@GreyICE: 1) Did you really think I thought you were Mastin? No, but as noted above, I was under the mistaken impression that responding to everything was a good idea.
2) Did you really think I became less scummy because my reason entire reason for voting "No Lynch" was I do that when I'm town? That didn't enter into it at all. I was dismissive of it because it was advertised to be for meta/joke purposes only.
C-Worl wrote:No, if that were true I would've voted Pine who had 3 votes on him at the time. I'm legit giving them a chance to respond before I vote.
What specifically are you looking for a response to?

------------

TL;DR: I've gone from being a big fish in a small pond to medium at best in a big pond. Stuff that's been effective for me in the past no longer is. I'm going to scale back the aggressiveness of my style, and would like you all to cut me a small but reasonable amount of slack. I'm going to try and pipe down a bit for the next day or two, and figure out how to appropriately integrate. I'm not going to do anyone any good by getting lynched on Day One for not knowing how to play with the big kids.

Preview Edit: Forgot to mention this @GreyICE-There's actually a mathematical case to be made about 2+2 not equaling 4. I'd probably get dragged out back and shot if I elaborated, though.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Pine, I've seen the mathematical case. It's wrong, because you shouldn't divide by zero or funny things happen.

Anyway, Pine makes sense to me. Yes, he's treating us kinda like we're newbies and he's the long-winded IC, but he's acting pro-town. Both answers were convincing, so... not scum!

Grats pine, you win the "I am not a zombie" button.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Pine »

Spoiler: GreyICE provoked this.
Actually, I was referring to the interesting problem of repeating decimals. The classic case is where 1 =/= 1. 1/3=.33 repeating, right? And 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1, right? But check it out: .33(r) + .33(r) + .33(r) does NOT equal 1. It never accounts for the infinitely small remainder. Same principle applies to 2+2.

I am not a zombie badge? I'm not sure I follow.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by C-Worl »

@winger, I'm not sure how many I've played but I haven't hit double digits yet. It's been over five though.

@Pine, I just wanted to see your response over all to being called a suspect. I'll give you credit for not being over defensive of the post.
Show

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

There's an equation that proves that women = evil also.

Math is fun! :D
... People were right it seems....
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Pine wrote:
Spoiler: GreyICE provoked this.
Actually, I was referring to the interesting problem of repeating decimals. The classic case is where 1 =/= 1. 1/3=.33 repeating, right? And 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1, right? But check it out: .33(r) + .33(r) + .33(r) does NOT equal 1. It never accounts for the infinitely small remainder. Same principle applies to 2+2.

I am not a zombie badge? I'm not sure I follow.
Entirely wrong, as .3333... * 3 exactly equals one. Can be proven. Very basic limit in calculus.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

And ugh, I'm being dragged off course.

ITT GreyICE claims ADD.

P.S. You're not scum ;)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Pine wrote:Actually, I was referring to the interesting problem of repeating decimals. The classic case is where 1 =/= 1. 1/3=.33 repeating, right? And 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1, right? But check it out: .33(r) + .33(r) + .33(r) does NOT equal 1. It never accounts for the infinitely small remainder. Same principle applies to 2+2.
Oh for the love of God. If you cut a pie into three equal slices then each slice is 1/3 of the pie. If you put all three back together then you still have one whole pie.

If I had two pies and you gave me two more pies I'd have four pies. Therefore 2+2=4 Stop over thinking things.
Show

Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Cookie_of_Death »

GreyICE wrote:
Cookie_of_Death wrote: My first point was, as Confid put better than I did, "riding the common wave of thought" (the only thing that separated Jerbs from the rest of the antiPine rhetoric was an actual vote). Couple that with a lack of commentary on ANYTHING or ANYBODY else.
This = bad use of meta.

Good use of meta = your previous games show that you're an aggressive player who gets angry when their questions aren't answered and states clear opinions. This game you are wishy-washy and don't mind people ignoring you. Don't want any attention?

Bad use of meta = "I don't remember player X doing Y when he was town!" and/or "Player X did Y as scum in this game!"
Oh, well according to you, I use meta badly.

Is everyone really OK with Jerb's first post? I see people accusing others of not showing any evidence of reading the thread, minimalism, and blending in, which Jerb's post seems to fit perfectly. Yeah, fine, I got lazy at the end of my post, and I can see how that's a bit hypocritical, but I explained myself and that doesn't take away from my point.
Friend wrote:ConfidAnon's vote for AGar after this game has only been going on for about a day is troubling to me, especially after the tossed-away THB vote.
Yeah, I'm starting to agree with Grey, this is weak. Confid's first post was actually one of the most townish, I thought.

@people who've played with silver: Is he always this silly?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”