Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Empking »

FOS; Calc
- Don't by the confidence truth be told.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Calcifer »

You don't buy that I am willing to risk my entire reputation, my entire career, everything I have, on a town-read?

Well, news for you:
That's just who I am. I meant every word of it. Under the name Mastin, I became quite infamous, but there was one positive trait about me, Empking: I got solid town reads, locked onto them, and refused to let go. And the thing is?
I was right every time. You need only look at Mean Mod Mafia (run by Battle Mage), where I lynched myself rather than let BC--who I had a strong townread on--get lynched. And I was right. Heck, I would do that this game, too, if I weren't hydraing with Nacho, because I realize he might not be that amused I'm risking his life as well. So, if I can't risk my life, then I'll risk everything else.

Since my return, I've slowly been building up a slightly more positive reputation. I've done EXTENSIVE MD work, to the point where it's even in my signature. I've gotten on my way to slowly removing the infamy surrounding my name. I've been trying to redeem myself, slowly, to become a good player. But there's a long way to go, yet. I have yet to do so much in my quest to purge the negative aspects I'm known for.

Meaning, to do so, I need to play in more games. I need to continue my career if I want to be remembered positively instead of negatively.

But Pine? Pine overrides that. I'm willing to risk everything I've got left. Everything I am, on Pine being town. You've seen my MD work, right? How much time and effort I put into it? I was dead serious when I said that I'd never make another MD post. Heck, I'll one-up it and say I'll never even VISIT MD again if Pine is scum. I'm that convinced Pine is town. My reputation, my very future on this site--I'll bargain it all that Pine is town.

And me? I'm an honorable guy. Foolishly so. When I say it, when I swear it, I really do mean it and will follow it through.

Pine is town. If he isn't, then I do not deserve to ever play Mafia again, don't deserve to ever be on this site again.

-Mastin.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Pine »

Holy shit, now
I
want to know what I did, so I can use it again if I ever play scum against you.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Calcifer »

Pine wrote:Holy shit, now
I
want to know what I did, so I can use it again if I ever play scum against you.
It only works once, you know. :P

Still working on that wall. But like I said, it really shouldn't be necessary.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

But you won't release those town tells?
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Calcifer »

Hiraki wrote:But you won't release those town tells?
There's no way to summarize the town-tells. Needless to say, 95% of what Pine says could only come from town-Pine. The other 5% is still 100% town, though. Basically, it'd be easier for me to say what ISN'T a town-tell coming from Pine. Seriously, it'll take a huge amount of time for me to finish the wall and explain the reason, but it's something I'm working on. Just know that Pine is town, and that you
really
need to get off of him.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Calcifer »

Not Voting: Antihero, silverbullet999, C-worl, nhammen, ConfidAnon,
Pine (7) : Diddin (2), Empking,
Parama
, Wraith, Jerbs, Evilpacman18, Twoheadedboy
Parama (0) :
Pine
Romanus

Calcifer : Hiraki
Jerbs (3) : Calcifer, Parama, Romanus
C-Worl (1) : Pine
EvilPacman18 (1) : Iceycupcake

Seriously. Pine's at L-2. Not cool, people.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Posting to avoid prod... need to play catch up at some point
... People were right it seems....
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Pine »

Okay! The case against C-Worl is ready. Remember how I said I was fond of walls? I've been working VERY hard at conciseness, but it's time to pull out the stops.

He's got too many and way too much fluff in about half of them to go truly post-by-post. I'll hit the notable ones. First number is the ISO number, second is the same post in the real post order. Spoilered for your eyes' sake.
Spoiler:
--3/67: C-Worl's first post of any substance at all. Notice that although C-Worl has the third highest post count, he waited this long to do anything. In fact, he lurked and posted inanities until Calcifer put him on a scum list, at which point he replied within
four minutes
, (indicating he was watching the thread.) The post is devoted to discrediting Calc's FOS, condemning me, defending Parama (scum buddy,) and pointing to Winger as a null tell, then pointing back at Calc and I.
--Over the next few pages, C-Worl continues to get panicky-defensive about being on Calc's scum list, and building a case for NewbTown. What I find especially curious are asking questions that could be easily answered with a simple wiki search. Look at post 7/85 and 10/105. "What is a Hydra?" I'm genuinely NewbTown, and I figured this out with a wiki search the first time it was mentioned. C-Worl wastes time distracting us.
--Posts 123 & 125: Here's where C-Worl really first comes onto my radar. GreyICE says something unrelated, but it gets me thinking and I notice C-Worl's scumminess. Transcribed below:
GreyICE wrote:Given the vast, VAST amounts of time Mastin has put into explaining things and the amount of time that nacho has as well, what makes you think those reads are without reason?

Also, you gonna HATE DrippingGoofball.
Pine wrote:This is mostly just a sudden gut reaction inspired by GreyICE's point.

Mastin has an established meta, and part of it is this exact sort of thing. There aren't many (good) reasons for Town to put up unsubstantiated lists like that, but a big one is to see who gets defensive or overly concerned about fingers waved in their general direction. Now, I don't know if this was Calcifer-Mastin's purpose, indeed I remain suspicious of him for it, but it serves mine. It may not have been intended as a scum trap, but C-Worl's sprung it anyway and made a big ping on the scumdar.
VOTE: C-worl
--ISO posts 11-17 are mostly fluff.
--THB's 158 is a good example of how C-Worl has cultivated a "Too newb to be scum" image, enabling him to get away with scumtells.
--18/190: Here it is, the big giveaway I didn't find until I started ISOing him. At this point, the wagon on C-Worl has been derailed and suspicion has moved on to others, almost entirely thanks to the NewbTown opinions. This is where C-Worl actively propagates the "I'm a newb" defense,
in the same sentence
where he tries to be a voice of authority on strategy. This completely discredits the "I'm a newb defense."
--19/193: Now that he thinks he has a bit of Town cred, he tries to pull people back onto the wagon he supports.
--ISO Posts 20-25: Contributes nothing, mostly fluff and propagation of "Woe is me, people don't like me"
--28/219: This one's an interesting read. First because of the irony that now C-Worl is the one with the 'Goon' title, and second because
no one is this stupid
. He claimed earlier in the thread to have played 5+ games, presumably on other sites, yet he makes a semi-serious argument based on
forum title
? He pushes the newb defense way too hard here.
--30/223: Appeals to emotion, plays to pity, AND reinforces newb defense.
--33/235: Realizes he's getting nowhere, and that he can jump onto the biggest wagon in town without being suspicious. Whines about people respecting Calc/not respecting him as cover. Immediately followed by...
--34/237: Asking for a vote count, to see how close we are to lynching Town.
--Posts 239-242, plus 36/276: Empking makes a good case against C-Worl, C-Worl makes a scummy defense, but the Friend wagon is ramping up so it all gets lost. C-Worl continues scum defense in 36/276 despite the fact that no one remembers the earlier conversation, again trying to take a position of expertise in contradiction of the newb defense.
--Between 38/282 and 39/395, C-Worl takes a 3-day hiatus, showing up to avoid a lurker prod. Magically, it is mere hours after nhammen makes the first case (even a mild one) against C-Worl in days. In 39/395, C-Worl gets defensive (over nothing) and falls back onto the tried and true methods of looking productive while accomplishing nothing: bashing Calc, and "other people have posted a case for my vote, so I don't have to".
--ISO posts 41-54: Nothing of note except ineffective Friend-bashing (the "hardball" line of comments were particularly dumb), fluff, and recruiting for the biggest wagon.
--55/519: "I was trying to end the screaming match between everyone." What the fuck does this mean? The only purpose I see it serving it "Hey, I haven't plead newb in a while, let's say something moronic to reinforce that." Not to mention that C-Worl had been one of the primary instigators of said argument.
--56/535: Lynching VT doesn't matter to C-Worl, because they're useless to him. Also sets up for a future VT claim.
--57/538 & 58/540: AGAIN scrambles to derail even mild suspicion against himself, and push attention back onto the big wagon as soon as possible by referencing valid points that
others
have made.
-->Active lurk to the lynch, doing almost nothing but discredit Hiraki and quote other peoples' cases against him.
-->Friend (VT) is lynched with C-Worl's facilitation. At no point anywhere did C-Worl provide any original thought or evidence against Friend, though he did do whatever he could to keep the wagon up with other peoples' quotes and discrediting Friend's only significant defender.
DAY 2
--Like in Day One, C-Worl lurked and said absolutely nothing until a vote was placed on him. Immediately (2.5 hours later,) he gets way over-defensive to the single vote (66/706), defends Parama AGAIN (mirroring his first post of substance on D1,) and tries to discredit both the person voting for him and Calcifer (67/707). Finally, he equivocated in 68/712 to cover his bases for when I flip Town.

Because I know most of you won't read that...
TL;DR: From the very start, C-Worl has had an active strategy of lurking until he gets noticed, over-defending, and casting aspersions on anyone who suspects him, while contributing NOTHING to the scumhunting efforts. I challenge you to go through C-Worl's ISO and find more than one or two posts that can be conveyed as serious scumhunting, discounting those where he just quotes or parrots others' reasons. Finally and most damning, C-Worl has actively cultivated a NewbTown reputation to deflect attention from his scumtells, while saying numerous things as if from a position of expertise or authority. This is a contradiction.
Last edited by Slaxx on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Pine »

God damnit. Why don't spoilers on this site conform to the way other sites use them?

Slaxx, can you fix that?

-Taken care of sir. Is that acceptable?
Last edited by Slaxx on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:00 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Pie won't let me change out vote because I was wrong about friend, and though I'm not as confident as Mastin, I'm pretty sure Pine is town.

If I had a vote it would be on C-Worl for the reasons I listed at the end of yesterday.

~Fugi
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Pine »

Thanks for the formatting fix, Slaxx! It's excellent!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Hiraki »

I never liked Pine scum. Gut tells me to Unvote, so I'll listen

Unvote, Vote: Jerbs

Btw., yes. I have concluded Calctown. I'm about to rape this shit.

I need a re-read.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Pine »

What's with the waffling on Calc? You went from the most anti-Calc player to CalcTown? I don't find it scummy, per se, as I have a firm Town read on Calc and a growing Town read on you, it's just surprising.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Hiraki »

Scum doesn't push this hard on town. At least well, I've never seen something like this. Plus gut.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by diddin »

From now on I will be using my double votes all the time unless anyone has serious objections.

unvote, Double Vote: Jerbs

I said earlier I am fine with both wagons, and it looks like the Pine lynch is stalling.

I want to here Nacho's opinion on Pine. Not Mastin's, not "he's town because Mastin said so", Nacho's opinion on Pine.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Why is nobody mentioning Wraith?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Wraith »

Hang on.
Hiraki wrote:Vote: Calcifer

Die.

I have a post written up from the Night on Word, but I can't access it now. It'll show Calicifer scum.
Hiraki wrote:I never liked Pine scum. Gut tells me to Unvote, so I'll listen

Unvote, Vote: Jerbs

Btw., yes. I have concluded Calctown. I'm about to rape this shit.

I need a re-read.
Why the sudden change?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hiraki wrote:Scum doesn't push this hard on town. At least well, I've never seen something like this. Plus gut.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Pine »

Pay attention, Wraith. It was literally like, 3-4 posts before yours.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Antihero »

evilpacman18 wrote:Why is nobody mentioning Wraith?
Calcifer wrote:I'm working on the post--it's not finished, yet. But just a warning:
DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU THAT THIS WAS ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY AND THAT PINE IS CONFIRMED TOWN.

Speaking of which, food for thought:
Friend (7): silverbullet999, AGar,
Parama, Wraith
, Pine, C-worl, Iceycupcake
Pine (7) : Diddin (2), Empking,
Parama, Wraith
, Jerbs, Evilpacman18
AGar's confirmed town, obviously. Pine's town, too. C-worl is newb-town, Icey is obv-town. Silver I've got a town-read on. So, where are the scum? It really leaves only Wraith and Parama.
On Pine--Diddin's prob-town with the double-vote ability. Empking's prob-town, too. Evil's prob-town as well. Leaving Parama,
Wraith
, and Jerbs as scumspects. Note
Wraith
and Parama's voting pattern.

Now, if you excuse me, I've got a lot of work to do. Gotta do a complete reread of the game, while simultaneously working on the wall which proves Pine is town once and for all.
GreyICE wrote:Go look at the player list. We forgetting anyone who SHOULD be in this game?

evilpacman18 wrote:
vote: Pine

Wraith is probably scum.

Vote: EvilPacman18

Short list of people I'm starting to forget are in this game:
Antihero (Previously Cookie_Of_Death)
Empking
diddin
ConfidAnon
Jerbs
Wraith

*sigh*

I see an explanation for the Calcifer/Pine thing, but I'm gonna wait for a bit. At the moment, Pine is town to me.

I have some other thoughts, but this Pine wagon is terrible, and I wanna hear from other people. And why you're voting for Pine over Pacman is like... durr, wazzut?
Romanus wrote:
Wraith
and Jerbs are my other top scum reads.

So the better question is, why should we keep "mentioning" Wraith?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

evilpacman18 wrote:Why is nobody mentioning Wraith?
Sooooooo...

Where's my vote again?
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Pine »

Hmm, I can see now why Wraith was deflecting attention. EPM pointed at Wraith, so Wraith deflects to the dead issue of Hiraki's flip. But what was EPM deflecting onto Wraith? My suspicion of C-Worl, or the growing Jerbs wagon?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

VOTE: wraith
... People were right it seems....
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by nhammen »

Bad timing for night to end. I procrastinated all spring break on my homework, so am doing it now. Will post something tomorrow after turning in said homework. If my brain is not fried from my all-nighter.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”