neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Yes, but why would he need protection if he's a ONE time day cop? He's pretty much useless to the Mafia now...

Also, you're going to be lynched. It seems like the best way to go about this situation. If you're town, he'll likely be lynched tomorrow. If you're scum, town goes up a point. Simple as that. :)
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by havingfitz »

I agree that pappum's claim was very premature. Assuming he is telling the truth (which I believe he is) it is coming so early in the day that Voided's scum buddies will not do anything to link themselves to him. So we have essentially lost the ability to gather potentially good interations between scum partners. Best thing to do IMO is to just eliminate Voided and if by some chance pappums is not being truthful...lynch him. I would think everything else from this point on with respect to Voided is going to be WIFOM.

VOTE: Voidedmafia
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Fitz,

While yes, we may not be able to gain any type of connection between Voided and his buddies now that the issue is on the table, it doesn't limit us from pressuring other scum in general on other issues, like we've been trying to do as town. I don't like your desire to go ahead and just eliminated Voided when we still have so much of the day left to get information apart from him... :/
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:26 am

Post by havingfitz »

How are other scum going to be pressured? Are they at risk of being lynched today?

If they aren't at risk of being lynched today all your "pressuring" is going to serve to do is to allow the remaining scum (assuming Void is in fact scum) to intelligently manipulate who they NK based on what type of pressure to do or do not recieve. Ex....we all mistakenly focus on a townie and "pressure" him. Then we lynch Void...and scum NK's one of the pressured townies main opponents. That sets up the townies mislynch tomorrow. I'm sure scum could equally come up with a beneficial way of selecting their nk as well if the pressure was appropriately placed (ie on scum). The concept is the same as voting for a no lynch without any discussion when that is deemed the right move. IMO the right move now is to prove out pappum's investigation result.

tl:dr;
If we have identified scum it is in town's best interest to eliminate asap vs letting scum manipulate or assess town. At this early stage of the game scum may not have the best idea who is the most obvtown or most dangerous town to keep alive.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Xalxe »

WOAH

WOAH

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

Okay, seriously? 1) Why would you use a one-shot daycop this early?

2) Why voided?

3) Why haven't I kept up with this game?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:32 am

Post by Jahudo »

This looks more like a gambit to me than the alternative options (pappums scum lying, pappums town telling the truth). I know some people like to cop hard to read roles or VI's, so his target would make sense but I think it would make more sense to hold off on using a one shot power in case someone else becomes even more hard to read after 10, 15 pages.

If this isn't a gambit then naturally I think pappums would be telling the truth. Scum wouldn't want to create a "me or him situation" when it would be easy to lynch both. As scum he would have at least given himself an out. So if this isn't a lynch, voided is scum and pappums town.

Though it is also a good idea to keep talking and think how scum would react in these different scenarios, after everyone has reacted of course. I have a few ideas based on other games.
P.T. Barnum
P.T. Barnum
Townie
P.T. Barnum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:18 am

Post by P.T. Barnum »

We are lynching voided today. Lynching pappums would be a mistake: if voided is scum we have a confirmed innocent in pappums, but if pappums is scum it does not necessarily confirm voided.
I don't like this either, and I think pappum's claim is enormously stupid from either a town or a scum perspective, but that's where we're at.
Unless it's a townie gambit on pappum's part, in which we're stuck WIFOMing until he comes clean. Which is why speculation without votes on this issue is useless (addressing this to Jahudo in particular.) Who knows when he might tell us unless voided is actually under threat of lynch?
I hope your "me or him situation" isn't the dominant meta for gambits on this site.
Unvote
Vote voidedmafia

--
I don't like havingfitz's suggested policy lynch on andrew because I don't see enough evidence for andrew's "lazy playstyle", but I especially don't like neil's parroting in post 93 as though it were an established fact.
There's a sucker born every minute.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Not much to add to this.

If its not a gambit then obviously Voided will be lynched at some point today. Not just yet though.

UNVOTE:

Fitz doesn't seem too keen on us discussing what is happenning in this game - firstly bringing up the possible policy lynch based on Andrew's meta rather than the current game and then looking to bring the day to an abrupt halt.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Honestly, this sounds more like Rat just picked a random target and then just decided to give him a guilty verdict.

However, I believe that in this kind of game there can also be naive or insane or paranoid cops, which would make his claim practically useless otherwise.

The one big overhanding question, though, is this: Why the hell didya pick me? Don't like the fact that I'm not really participating? Still ticked off that I didn't participate in RVS?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:30 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Voidedmafia wrote:Honestly, this sounds more like Rat just picked a random target and then just decided to give him a guilty verdict.

However, I believe that in this kind of game there can also be naive or insane or paranoid cops, which would make his claim practically useless otherwise.

The one big overhanding question, though, is this: Why the hell didya pick me? Don't like the fact that I'm not really participating? Still ticked off that I didn't participate in RVS?
Well Rat seems to think his PM confirmed he's not insane and it can be relied upon.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Cecily »

unvote

I don't see how we could lynch anyone other than voided at this point. Unfortunately, the only way to see if pappums was lying was lynch him, and if he were speaking truth, town will be up, and if he were lying, either he'll get NK'd giving us absolutely no information, or he'll be saved by the doctor, hopefully resulting in no NK, or someone else will die tonight and Pappum's will be the next victim for tomorrow.

That's three positive scenarios that I can see, and only one (pappums NK without voided being scum) detrimental one.

I think the odds are in our favor with him claim, and while I do think it would have been nice to have waited a little bit longer in the day to see if anyone else jumps out as obviously scummy, this is what we've got to work with.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

I agree with Cecily. I think this claim has put us in a weird position, but there are really only a few options today.

Option 1: Lynch voidedmafia today

If he's scum, pappums is both clear and an obv nightkill target.
If he's town, pappums is the D2 lynch.

Option 2: Lynch pappums rat today

If he's scum, voided is most likely town, unless this is a fucking brilliant gambit.
If he's town one-shot cop, voided is mafia.
If he's vanilla town, he's a moron.

Option 3: Lynch somebody else scummy

If pappums is legit one-shot cop and voided is mafia, scum have to keep him alive or out voided as mafia.
If both are town, pappums dies, voided is mislynched.
If both are scum...???

To me, the best plan appears to be a voided lynch, as we're more likely to catch scums. VOTE: voidedmafia
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:58 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Cecily wrote:
unvote

I don't see how we could lynch anyone other than voided at this point. Unfortunately, the only way to see if pappums was lying was lynch him, and if he were speaking truth, town will be up, and if he were lying, either he'll get NK'd giving us absolutely no information, or he'll be saved by the doctor, hopefully resulting in no NK, or someone else will die tonight and Pappum's will be the next victim for tomorrow.
How do you know there is a doctor ?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Xalxe: Well, for the first option, you're a little wrong since this is a "one-shot" day cop. So, after this, he's practically useless for anything other than being a townie.

Mikemike: Those kinds of cops don't have to be told their paranoid/insane/naive. Only that they're cops. So I take that claim with a grain of salt. Also, how do you know there isn't?

However, to everyone esle, what else do you all think I've done that jumps out as scummy? As much as you might wish to believe his claim, you still ought to have your own reasons for voting beyond that.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Xalxe »

Voidedmafia wrote:Xalxe: Well, for the first option, you're a little wrong since this is a "one-shot" day cop. So, after this, he's practically useless for anything other than being a townie.
But a CONFIRMED townie.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Cecily »

@mikemike, I don't know that theres a doctor. It was a what if situation.

And, voided, you're acting about as scummy as everyone else, which is almost the problem in this situation. No one else is jumping out as obvious scum, and so the only information we have to go off is pappums claim.

Like I said in my previous post, it is an unfortunate way of proving something, but it's really the only way at this point.

vote: voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

eh...is that l-1 or something? I don't remember...-_-

Jinxx
Jinxx
Townie
Jinxx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Jinxx »

Bahahaha, I'm still sick, but I decided to check the thread.

I love that my gut-scum read on voided was right (well, we will see if it is right).

Also, I should be good enough to be posting regularly around Monday or Tuesday (if it isn't night by then)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Why is that? Your only reason for voting me is demolished now that I'm more active (and quite honestly, it was still somewhat in RVS, which is why I wasn't really contributing)

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

Votecount 1.3

andrew94 (0) -
Xalxe (3) - Idiotking, neil1113, andrew94
neil1113 (0) -
P.T. Barnum (0) -
Jahudo (0) -
Jerbs (0) -
mikemike778 (0) -
Idiotking (1) - Jahudo,
Jinxx (0) -
Voidedmafia (6) - Jinxx, pappums rat, havingfitz, P.T. Barnum, Xalxe, Cecily
Cecily (0) -
havingfitz (0) -
pappums rat (0) -

not voting (3): Jerbs, Voidedmafia, mikemike778

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, March 30 at 9:00AM EST.

Jinxx is V/LA until monday or tuesday
Jerbs is V/LA until Monday
andrew94 is is V/LA for a couple days
Jinxx
Jinxx
Townie
Jinxx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Jinxx »

Voidedmafia wrote:Why is that? Your only reason for voting me is demolished now that I'm more active (and quite honestly, it was still somewhat in RVS, which is why I wasn't really contributing)
You may be active, but you aren't really... saying anything. Also, GUT.
P.T. Barnum
P.T. Barnum
Townie
P.T. Barnum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:19 am

Post by P.T. Barnum »

Nobody hammer until pappums gets back to the thread and answers questions and then some.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Jinxx wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Why is that? Your only reason for voting me is demolished now that I'm more active (and quite honestly, it was still somewhat in RVS, which is why I wasn't really contributing)
Neither are you. Also, GUT FEELING I'M TOWN AND RAT'S SCUM.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

Voidedmafia wrote:
Jinxx wrote:
Neither are you. Also, GUT FEELING I'M TOWN AND RAT'S SCUM.
...gosh, really? I never would've guessed that. I mean really, who disagrees with the person who calls them scum?

Point is, make effort besides stating the obvious. You're probably getting strung up anyway, but on the off chance you're town, we'd like some help going into tomorrow.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Xalxe wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Neither are you. Also, GUT FEELING I'M TOWN AND RAT'S SCUM.
...gosh, really? I never would've guessed that. I mean really, who disagrees with the person who calls them scum?

Point is, make effort besides stating the obvious. You're probably getting strung up anyway, but on the off chance you're town, we'd like some help going into tomorrow.
Well, my point is is that Jinxx is being slightly hypocritical in that he hasn't been active lately, nor has he posted content. Granted, he had V/LA as an excuse, but still.

And right now I'm just focusing more on proving that rat's claim is false and stupid without getting myself lynched in the process. If I escape this particular hole, I'd be glad to start scumhunting again.

In light of that, you all might want to lay down your top 3 suspects (I would say top 2, but I'm fairly sure that Rat's gonna fall next if I'm lynched, so that'd make him suspect #1) so far.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”