Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Empking »

The six of you were gathered together your eyes darting around. The two strangers were glancing around “We’re confirmed.” “Vote: You, your role.” They didn’t have much of a say with regards to the lynch though, after all they were strangers who did not follow the same (and truly god-given) path as you did. Being most mute! Who thought that was a good idea?

Your eyes eventually turned to Nikola, the guy covering his face! (Or rather clutching his nose; but he had awfully large hands.)
“I think you’re the scum!” Came the cry.
“My nose…”
“Yes” Cried the roar.
“Is broken”
“Ha” Roared the came.

You lifted him up over your shoulders and took to the basement (you did not want a repeat of the last day’s utter mess) you pushed him in and locked the door. You panted “Is he scum?”

“No” came the voices of crazy and Exe “We are! Mwa ha ha!”

They drew their swords and took the defenceless monks lives.

Crazy and Exe were the scum. They won.

Roles later.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Krazy »

I was thinking that Nikola was supposed to be the day one mislynch with his bizarre, flavor-inappropriate role. But I figured that would be a bastard mod at that point in which case any scumhunting was pointless anyway. Nikola claiming "vanilla town" (literally his words) in a game where every other single player was a "monk" or something else monastic just felt so bizarre to me that I felt pretty comfortable with this hammer one way or another. That and pod person's pretty blatant trolling made it very difficult to concentrate on anything of meaning in a game that was already pretty difficult to make sense of. Exe was increasingly scummy toward the end but that was mostly gut. Nikola's badhammer before Pim could claim was also pretty bad, I'm pretty sure we would have backed off after a roleclaim, especially because a role cop and a bodyguard in a 6 player game would be pretty unlikely. After the vig claim I knew there was scum between Exe/Crazy and I was pretty sure Exe was one of them, but I just couldn't ignore Nikola whose "Vanilla Town" claim was all sorts of bad on its own.

I thought I'd be able to handle a two word post-restriction pretty well, but since my schedule is a bit off from most everyone else that meant it was really hard to maintain the "only post every other time" thing. I actually found it really hard to stay invested in the game. I think Nikola knew he was the obvious lynch on day 1 and went for the badhammer on Pim just because he didn't want to get lynched, which was pretty bad form. Pim claiming would have made the BG claim a lot more suspect in a game already full of cross-confirming town quasi-masons.

All in all the setup was probably town-sided, but the badhammer on the one real town PR and the "please lynch me" weird flavor on Nikola turned this into a messed up mylo situation. With the vig claim and the intent to shoot at night, that also pushed the town very quietly away from the safe-play option of a no lynch in the mylo, which I otherwise might have supported.

Still, good game all, and thanks Emp for modding.
vote conspiracy
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:12 am

Post by Vittorio Salamdien »

Ugh.

Goodshot Pod at fingering Exe.

And, my questioning of ABR was as Pod said. I wanted ABR to reveal his actual title so I could confirm his alignment and thereby hopefully have mine confirmed.

My apologies for dropping out of the game. RL family drama, and I had to leave town and away from any internets.
pod person
pod person
Goon
pod person
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:53 am

Post by pod person »

you should all apologize to me. thanks.
on hiatus.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Exe »

NICE playing Crazy.

Also, Pod, I
actually
thought you were Vitto replacing himself. That wasn't some crazy scum subterfuge.

I can't believe my claim actually worked at keeping me alive xD.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Exe »

Yeah, also, the Nikola hammer was AWESOME. A name cop would have probably lost it for us.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Vittorio Salamdien »

I was also weirded out when Pod first popped up using my avatar.

This was a cool game, but I wish there had been a few more players. (I'm re-reading The Name of the Rose, so this theme was right up my alley).
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Empking »

PMs:
You are the Sacred Keeper (Town)
It is your sacred duty to look after the Saint Written Manuscript. Unfortunately you’ve lost it but you know it’s one of your seven fellow players. You also know that it’s a member of the town. Yay!

You win if only your faction remains.
You are a Monk with a Broken Nose (Town)
One of those bells knocked you in the nose and now it hurts to talk. It hurts so much that you only post two words at a time!
You are a Vanilla Townie save for your post restriction that your posts can only consist of unvotes, votes and two other words. You may also not double post (or tripple post or anything of that sort.)
You are the Abbot (Town)
You are the head of this monastery which gives you access to both the monastery’s records and to God. This means that night you can target a player at night and be informed of their role name (Yours for example would be “The Abbot”)
You are a Saint Written Manuscript. (Town)

And worth a pretty penny let me tell you (be worth even more if they knew you could talk and pretend to be a man). Unfortunately despite being a miracle personified you have no special abilities making you a Vanilla Townie.

You are a Mostly Mute Monk (Town)
You are a monk from the neighbouring monastery and as such have a vow of semi-silence which the monks here do not possess.
Post Restriction: Excluding votes (which you can only make one of per post) your posts may only consist of two words (so no quotes, smilies of anything like that.) You may not make consecutive posts.
Abilities: You know there is ONE player in this game with the exact same PM as you yourself have been given.
You are an Athiest (Mafia)
You are a member of the Atheist Mafia. Along with Exe (who you can talk with at night(http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/YjwBS85jCiHH)) you can kill a single player at night. As a group you also share an additional one-shot kill that can only be performed upon a player who had used the word “Amen” in his previous day’s posting.

You win if at the end of the game your faction is the only one that remains.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Exe »

I'm actually impressed we pulled this off despite having essentially 4 confirmed townies in a 9 player game.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Empking »

Eight player game.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Exe »

Empking wrote:Eight player game.
Right >.>

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Klazam »

Post restriction.....

SUCKED.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Crazy »

Wooh, that was fun.

I kinda agree that this setup was kind of tough for scum. I think the Name Cop probably should have been dropped in favor of a weaker power role, like Exe's bodyguard claim or something. We kind of lucked out in that Nikola hammered Pim before he had a chance to claim. If Pim had claimed, he wouldn't have been lynched, and then Exe and I would either have to keep a confirmed player alive in favor of killing Pim, or risk keeping Pim alive, yikes.

Seeing the role PMs again, I realized I misread the one-shot kill part, oops. I thought we could kill anybody as long as
somebody
said "Amen," not that we could only kill somebody that
did
say "Amen."
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Exe »

Either way, the Amen kill thing pretty much won us the game, so I'm ok with how it worked haha.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Crazy »

I also find it funny that Exe and I both got to L-1 during Day 1 and then we both survived and won.

I think the mega distancing probably also helped. Exe seemed to start it out of nowhere, which surprised me, so I just followed his lead. But, anyway, that probably helped destroy the possibility of an Exe/Crazy team in people's minds.

I actually was prepared to lynch Exe Day 1. When he pulled out the BG claim, I backed off, because as town I'm always against lynching claimed power roles on Day 1.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I had a simple recipe for winning.

1) Massclaim
2) Lynch Exe

Not bad am I?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Please just tell me how amazing I am.....I need it.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:24 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Fin
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal