Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Hinduragi »

For the record, when I replaced in, the first thing I did was ISO CMAR to check if he claimed. I really did shower and order a pizza in those 18 minutes I was gone.

Another thing I found amusing when I replaced in was this post. I couldn't stop laughing for about thirty minutes.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:04 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Scott Brosius wrote:Max you probably should have claimed 2 shot and hidden your last one. Once you mentioned you had a third ability then you essentially claimed it not soon after pretty much unprovoked.

I wouldn't have believed a jack-of-all-trades claim with only two abilities.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:07 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Also, I am now going to vote for vollkan on day 2, every game I play with him.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by subgenius »

Hindu wrote:Subgenius, I did it mainly to gambit.

Nice play. I fell for that hook line and sinker, I think mostly because I was motivated to latch on to anything that would clear me.

Hindu wrote:Town: Why didn't you guys push for a no lynch?

It never even crossed my mind. I was quite sure Max was scum, so I had no reason to suggest NL.

I didn't really have much time to respond in my first post game post, but after reflecting on it a bit more, I think the game was pretty much unwinnable for town by D5, which isn't necessarily unfair considering we lost two of our strongest PR's in the first two days and didn't lynch any mafia until D3. If we had won, it would have represented a massive comeback. Anyhow, I don't think there was much chance of getting a lynch through on Vollkan on D5, even if the possibility was suggested, partly because he played very well for the first four days and partly because of the inherent improbability of him being a role blocker and the unclear mechanics that double role blocking involves. I think it would have been extremely difficult to implicate Vollkan based the possibility that he MIGHT be a roleblocker, when the simpler and likelier explanation by far was that I was scum. I would certainly support a site wide effort to clarify power role resolutions in an effort to avoid any confusion in the future. I place no blame on Fitz.It was a well modded game, and I think his interpretation of the rules was fair.

One thing I was thinking of doing at the end of D4 was requesting that I be roleblocked instead, since I knew I was town. My thought was that Vollkan's only option if I was RB'd would be to NK, which would grant town an extra mislynch, which would guarantee us the win (I had no suspicion of Max at that point). I ended up not doing that, because I thought it would be construed as a strange (and therefor scummy) request.

I felt like I played pretty well this game, but any feedback is welcome. This puts me at 0-4 in mafia on this forum now. :(

Anyhow, well played maf. It came down to the wire, and I really did enjoy D5, even though I was approaching in completely incorrectly. I was still a bit disappointed that Regfan picked me to lynch, even though it really didn't matter. :(
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by havingfitz »

subgenius wrote:One thing I was thinking of doing at the end of D4 was requesting that I be roleblocked instead, since I knew I was town. My thought was that Vollkan's only option if I was RB'd would be to NK, which would grant town an extra mislynch, which would guarantee us the win (I had no suspicion of Max at that point). I ended up not doing that, because I thought it would be construed as a strange (and therefor scummy) request.

I felt like I played pretty well this game, but any feedback is welcome. This puts me at 0-4 in mafia on this forum now. :(

I think your idea above would have been a good one to suggest.
I would have answered hypothetical questions about how I would handle two RBs if it had been asked.
I think you played a good game. If I had played I would have had you as town in this game.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

subgenius wrote:Anyhow, well played maf. It came down to the wire, and I really did enjoy D5, even though I was approaching in completely incorrectly. I was still a bit disappointed that Regfan picked me to lynch, even though it really didn't matter. :(

Yeah, sorry about that. If it's any consolation I didn't vote you because I believed you were mafia I actually had a town-read on you throughout the whole game but rather I didn't see any possible way that Maxous could be mafia, he answered and responded to all my qualms I had about him.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by subgenius »

havingfitz wrote:I would have answered hypothetical questions about how I would handle two RBs if it had been asked.

Yeah, I considered asking about it, but I thought that it would be a better idea to focus my efforts on getting Max lynched. I re-read Vollkan a bit before I decided, and I concluded that there was way more evidence against Max, so gg Vollkan, and gg Hindu for giving me ample fuel for my busing suspicions.

Regfan wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. If it's any consolation I didn't vote you because I believed you were mafia I actually had a town-read on you throughout the whole game but rather I didn't see any possible way that Maxous could be mafia, he answered and responded to all my qualms I had about him.

Yeah, I don't envy that decision. I was certainly more comfortable thinking I knew the truth of what happened.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Haylen »

I never want this game to be mentioned to me again <_<
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I thought your story and subsequent self-hammer was pretty good, if that counts.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Haylen »

It's funny because the fundamentals of the story were true. Plus, I'm generally against self-hammer but because of the mistake I made I think I deserved it. That and, there was no way I was going to let any of you lot take me down <_<

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:46 am

Post by subgenius »

I felt a bit bad for you, Haylen. That's a frustrating way to be caught, especially since you seemed to be coasting along with your claim quite comfortably at the time.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Haylen »

My own fault for not looking into the new Normal Rules, I was aware were being discussed but they came into play when I was only modding/playing newbie games so I hadn't realised they had been implemented. I played the fakeclaim as I would have done if I had really been a one shot role. It was the towns fault for not realising it was impossible for a month :P

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”