KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 am

Post by KageLord »

Vote: Toogeloo

First strike with "gut" reasoning is bull. Bad town play or scum play.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Toogeloo »

It was the tone of the last two sentences that I don't like. The last one in particular, about watching which dead bodies is overly fluffy for communication, and almost sounds as if he is prepared to be around for the next day to plan our next course of action after the bodies have dropped.

The Vote system is also silly because it is a simple way to control player's striking. I have now made it so that more people will either strike me or Magna if we are going to make it through this day with a "lynch," otherwise we all now have a wasted strike on a player.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Wraith »

Toogeloo, you do know that you can't take strikes back and can only strike once a day, right? Meaning you wasted your only "vote" on a one-post gut read.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Hrezs »

Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Magua wrote:So, spreading the /strike's around will screw us. At best, we end up only being able to lynch from one of a very small group of people, and at worst we don't end up being able to lynch at all.

I'm going to propose that we pseudo-vote this, using
Vote: Blah
as normal instead of strike -- that way RC won't count it. If he'd be a gent, he can keep a pseudo vote count, but if not, I'll volunteer to do it.
I agree with this.
We only get to /strike one player, therefore we can just use votes as a substitute :D.

@Toog: Why =/? Why strike when you can vote?
@Toog other post: I had thought about that, but we only need 15 votes to lynch someone which means that even though 9 people this day /strike someone else, we can still achieve a lynch of someone who has not been striked.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Toogeloo wrote:It was the tone of the last two sentences that I don't like. The last one in particular, about watching which dead bodies is overly fluffy for communication, and almost sounds as if he is prepared to be around for the next day to plan our next course of action after the bodies have dropped.

The Vote system is also silly because it is a simple way to control player's striking. I have now made it so that more people will either strike me or Magna if we are going to make it through this day with a "lynch," otherwise we all now have a wasted strike on a player.
you made a judgement call for the entire day based on 3 pages?...you reasoning for this strike was a huge stretch..

and who exactly is "controlling" the striking? it is a group decision, just like a lynch...so given your explanation, are you now "controlling"?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hrezs wrote:Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
lol ignore the two-bit clownshoe that striked on page 3. We have no cause for concern until the percentage of strikes hit at least 20%.
Toogeloo wrote:I have now made it so that more people will either strike me or Magna if we are going to make it through this day with a "lynch," otherwise we all now have a wasted strike on a player.
Spread your cheeks and prepare for a brutal ramming from the hard dick of reality.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Oh, it started. Cool.

In quick review:

I like Magna's posts. That's good to get out of the way now, so that we can use it later in the game.

Also, I fully endorse the Pseudo-Wagoning. When we can only strike one person per day, we have to be careful about who we strike or
We will not accomplish anything

Think about it, if we are not in agreement about who we are going to strike before we start doing it, it is very possible that we will reach a situation where we can't reach lynch threshold that day. This isn't so much a problem in the bigger days, with 24 strikes, and only 15 to lynch.... but the more people die, the worse it becomes. Also, with 2 SKs and 2 Scum factions killing, you'll find that we will probably see a lot of deaths pile up fast.

tl;dr Magua is :goodposting:

Now, onto Toog. Mind if I call you Baka-panda? Or Baka Bear? Yeah, Baka Bear.

So, @Baka Bear: What town motivation could you have behind using your ONLY strike for the day, on PAGE 3? Remember, you can't remove that strike, and you only have one. So essentially, you've removed yourself from voting for the rest of the day (besides Pseudo-voting) and you've wasted your vote on a quick read, rather than waiting to establish a strong scum read to go on. Also, see above for why random/solo striking is bad. Town needs a consensus. I'm not entirely sure this was scum driven... but it was certainly anti-town.

FoS: Baka Bear

Now, onto the claimed scum.

Vote: Wraith

Why WOULDN'T you want a Game breaking strategy, if it were possible?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 am

Toogeloo wrote:The Vote system is also silly because it is a simple way to control player's striking.
Guess what maggot, your words carry no weight as you have established yourself as a narcissistic, short-sigthed and unreliable worm.

Let me put this another way:

I am powerful and you don't know my alignment. This is bad for you. Striking takes control away from you. I can influence the course of this day with my word and my strike. You are worthless organic decay.

Let this be a lesson to anyone that strikes prematurely.

Ignore Toogeloo's braindead opinions and posts as punishment, maybe he will grace us with a more competent replacement.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Magua »

Hrezs wrote:Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
This is scum going for the easy points: "I disagree so much with what Toogeloo did that I'm pondering doing it to him, too." Note also that it's unaccompanied by a vote.

UNVOTE: Untrod Tripod
VOTE: Hrezs
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 am

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh, it started. Cool.
Hi Lambda. I want to form a temporary alliance to flush out the scum faction(s) you're not part of. Are you with the program?
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:you've removed yourself from voting for the rest of the day (besides Pseudo-voting)
No, any pseudo vote from him is nothing more than huff and puff and should be rapidly discarded along with any further word he types.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh, it started. Cool.
Hi Lambda. I want to form a temporary alliance to flush out the scum faction(s) you're not part of. Are you with the program?
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:you've removed yourself from voting for the rest of the day (besides Pseudo-voting)
No, any pseudo vote from him is nothing more than huff and puff and should be rapidly discarded along with any further word he types.

An Alliance?

With Rampage?

Sounds cool to me.

Also, I agree. Toog's words are pretty much invalid for the remainder of the day(the game?).

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 am

Lady Lambdadelta and DrippingGoofball are valuable town assets regardless of their alignment. One for her uncanny talent to detect mafia as proven by the large theme OoT and the other for her incredibly charismatic ability to lead a wagon to its swift conclusion with a honeyed voice and sense of humor unique to her own. I would have both players in my corner until an entire faction is destroyed. Plus, if they are SKs I avoid a nightkill for buddying to them. I am bi-winning.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Hrezs »

Magua wrote:
This is scum going for the easy points: "I disagree so much with what Toogeloo did that I'm pondering doing it to him, too." Note also that it's unaccompanied by a vote.

UNVOTE: Untrod Tripod
VOTE: Hrezs
I wouldn't have faulted someone for doing it, but I believe that we should find some sort of consensus before placing strikes as if we have no unity, we won't get any lynch and we even take the chance at not getting a roleblock.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

RC: When a Gang Leader of a faction is killed, does that faction lose their nightkill? If not, who gains control of it?

So, I've been thinking about the roleblock + lynch mechanic, and because we have 5 factions with the ability to kill (if you include the town), chances are we won't be able to have lynch + roleblock days, unless one of the kills don't go through. So, I propose to the DSK that he hold onto his shot for today because it will benefit both factions. We can't roleblock you, so you don't have to worry about our extra ability harming you. We can roleblock the scum that's trying to shoot/frame you though, meaning that you'll have a higher chance of survival until later in the game.

As for the whole Toogeloo business, I could care less about useless town wasting their votes.

Bandwagon Ho, I wonder why you waste so much time yelling at Toogeloo simply to vote Wraith for not wanting to break the game. I didn't find it that glaringly scummy; some people actually joined this game to play it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am

Welcome to the battlegrounds Nachommama! Your no-nonsense playstyle will be put to purpose in this game.

Moderator, these posts require your attention:

Magua wrote:I'm going to propose that we pseudo-vote this, using
Vote: Blah
as normal instead of strike -- that way RC won't count it. If he'd be a gent, he can keep a pseudo vote count, but if not, I'll volunteer to do it.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:It's going to be fairly impossible to do anything related to V/CA unless Reaper is a kind Overlord and regularly tracks "Votes"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:42 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

CKD wrote:that was that game...this is a completely different game, your thoughts on DGB's comment?
Since the alignments of all players are explicitly stated on the Wiki page it looks like DGB ‘pretending’ not to pay attention. Null.

--
Toog wrote:The last one in particular, about watching which dead bodies is overly fluffy for communication, and almost sounds as if he is prepared to be around for the next day to plan our next course of action after the bodies have dropped.
You do understand I said BODY singular not plural in reference to the Day Serial Killer we have in this game, correct? Because we will get a flip (barring a stupid Serial Killer which I would welcome) before the first lynch and thus can use that for relational tells.
Toog wrote:The Vote system is also silly because it is a simple way to control player's striking. I have now made it so that more people will either strike me or Magna if we are going to make it through this day with a "lynch," otherwise we all now have a wasted strike on a player.
1. Did you read the rule and comprehend how striking works?
2. You feel strongly enough either set up a 1 v 1 with me based on tone Day 1 or waste your strike for the day?

--
Hrez wrote:Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
Post attempting to sound Town but showing no Town intent. Scumtastic.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Hrezs »

I'm taking the wait and see approach with wraith, I nailed him as scum early D1 in the only game I've played with him, so hopefully I can repeat that(although that was a couple months ago, his scum game could've improved plus this being a multifaction game changes the dynamic compared to the previous game I've played with him)

Pretty sure SKs have to shoot, they don't get to choose to not shoot.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Did you read the rules and comprehend how striking works?
2. You feel strongly enough either set up a 1 v 1 with me based on tone Day 1 or waste your strike for the day?
Why are you interacting with the maggot? Going for easy townpoints Magna? Whether town or scum we should ignore, as his influence on our lynch has been extinguished last page. Direct your attention on more pressing concerns, as in scum that can actually strike you or me down with enough support.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hrezs wrote:I'm taking the wait and see approach with wraith, I nailed him as scum early D1 in the only game I've played with him, so hopefully I can repeat that(although that was a couple months ago, his scum game could've improved plus this being a multifaction game changes the dynamic compared to the previous game I've played with him)
Why would you tell him that you're watching him?
Hrezs wrote:Pretty sure SKs have to shoot, they don't get to choose to not shoot.
Why do you believe this?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 am

@Nacho: Please refer to me by my proper name, or I will not address your questions from now on. It's funny in the game where it applies in context, not here.

As for the Toog/Wraith vote, I don't feel like Toog is scum right now. More like he's just Baka Bear. I don't see a protown motivation for Wraith's action, hence my vote.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Wraith »

@LLD: Because I joined this game to play it because I thought the setup looked cool. Winning is just a welcome side-effect.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Hrezs »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Hrezs wrote:I'm taking the wait and see approach with wraith, I nailed him as scum early D1 in the only game I've played with him, so hopefully I can repeat that(although that was a couple months ago, his scum game could've improved plus this being a multifaction game changes the dynamic compared to the previous game I've played with him)
Why would you tell him that you're watching him?
I'm not watching him anymore than anyone else, I'm just not jumping on the wraith train.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Hrezs wrote:Pretty sure SKs have to shoot, they don't get to choose to not shoot.
Why do you believe this?
I have seen an SK modkilled for not submitting a kill as well as seen hosts randomly select a kill for the sk.(offsite) Otherwise I would think that a more common strategy for an sk in closed games to claim vig and only shoot once(then be pseudoconfirmed). Unless you have meta to suggest otherwise, I have never seen an sk who could choose to not shoot.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Wraith »

Here's a question: Why does opposing a gamebreaking strategy have to be pro-scum? Why can't it be pro-sportsmanship?
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Magua »

RC PM'ed me and said he's not going to do the vote counts, so I started with my own pseudovote count.

I'm putting Toogeloo down as a Magna vote and ignoring any voting he does today.

Pseudo-Vote Count 1.2

With 24 players alive, it will take 15 strikes to lynch someone.

Wraith (4): Albert B. Rampage, Friend, MagnaofIllusion, LadyLambdaDelta
DrippingGoofball (2): ThAdmiral, Untrod Tripod
Kublai Khan (1): AGar
ThAdmiral (1): Exe
MagnaofIllusion (1): Toogeloo**
Toogeloo (1): KageLord
Hrezs (1): Magua

** = placed a strike

Not voting (13): Everyone else

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”