Newbie 1079: Feed the Lynch Mob (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:54 am

Post by bristep123 »

GreyICE you are a sexy beast.

I think Panda is really looking really really scummy, I've seen nothing post vote to change my mind on that matter.

KOH doesn't worry me at this point but he's one to keep an eye on

Snipe I agree has contributed little. POST MOAR PLOX. Not happy that he took the non-vote argument he was getting towards him (which he had a valid reason not to) and swung it around on KOH. Also had to correct himself after he saw that KOH *had* voted for Traveller at the point Snipe posted. That made it look like a bit of scumskimming

Thil13 & Traveller seem to just be newbtown

GreyICE hasn't given me any reason to suspect him

Nacho is IC, so I love him, however mamma makes you think he's a girl, when he's really not so that's always suspect. Anyway, very pro-town from him so far.

GreyICE you missed out tarsonisocelot out of your analysis, she'll think you don't like her. I don't see anything too alarming from her at this point.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh hey, I did.

Yeah, Tars feels town to me. Thanks for the backrub ;)

Gah, I'm just going to take a break from this site for a little. Dealing with Fate is like dealing with a rabid wolverine on stupid.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.04Traveller (3) - tarsonisocelot, King of Harolds, thil13
pandabear (2) - bristep123, GreyICE
King of Harolds (1) - Traveller
Nachomamma8 (1) - pandabear
Sn1pe29 (1) - Nachomamma8

Not Voting (1) - Sn1pe29

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, April 7, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 am

Post by bristep123 »

Hi. Can we help at all? :)

@Grey I'm still relatively new, so am just now having my first game with Fate. An...experience for sure.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 am

Post by bristep123 »

Hah, Equi changes his post so it looks like I'm saying Hi to nobody. Boo hiss.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sn1pe29 wrote:My main reason for not voting for you is a lack of evidence; my reasoning behind suspecting you is particularly weak, definitely not enough to place you at one vote away from being lynched. In retrospect, my unvote was unnecessary. However, at the time, everyone else had removed their random votes and I noticed mine was the only one left, I assumed it was just the end of the RVS. I figured it was time to get rid of it as it served no purpose.
Then find a vote that has purpose. Is panda your only suspect? If so, why is everybody else reading town to you?
Tars wrote:Question: Ever played in a game with arbitrary post restrictions?
Yes. Is there any reason you asked this question?
Thil13 wrote:I'm not sure, I don't really feel suspicious of anybody at this point, but I have seen some minor suspicious behavior. Still not convinced on a vote, but I've been paying attention.
The reason why we put votes in the earlier stages with so little evidence is because true scumtells are only dropped while a suspect is under pressure. As a result, reads are far clearer, and we have a better idea of whether that person giving us bad vibes is scum or not.
Traveller wrote:Ah, but we have to lynch someone. If it's my time, so be it, but let's make it interesting. BTW, KoH, did not intend to OMGUS you, but it came out that way. Apologies, but you are the most aggressive player, which, lacking any other information, suggests mafiosi to me.

You all are a pretty serious crowd. Don't want to garner any more votes than I already have, so I'm done with the flippant attitude - at least for now!
I like this post from Traveller, and he's most likely town from it. He acknowledges that his vote could be OMGUS, but keeps his vote on KoH anyways because he still believes that he's scum.
pandabear wrote:Yeah maybe KoH does have an aggressive playstyle. Nacho seems just as aggressive at this point, but it seems like he's just interrogating everyone by way of voting them. Hmm well no has done the same to him so I'll be the one to initiate:
Why are you voting me for interrogating people with votes? Aren't you doing interrogating me with your vote in this situation? Isn't that what you were doing in your ISO #5, when you first put King of Harolds at L-1? And if that's not what you intended with either of those votes, then what DID you intend?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Sn1pe29
Sn1pe29
Townie
Sn1pe29
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Sn1pe29 »

Vote Panda

Let's add pressure to see if we can generate more conversation.
Sn1pe29
Sn1pe29
Townie
Sn1pe29
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Sn1pe29 »

Then find a vote that has purpose. Is panda your only suspect? If so, why is everybody else reading town to you?
I'm still pretty unsure of what to look for, so that’s the reason my list of suspicions is low.

Traveller caught my attention in the beginning with his rhetoric. That made him seem pro-town to me, because I mafia would not want to make themselves stand out from the crowd.

For the same reason, King seems town to me. A mafia changing their vote like that does not seem likely to me.

Grey proposed the list of questions, which showed initiative in looking for town. Same with Nacho.

Thil, Tars and Bri have not done anything suspicious but haven’t caught my attention being pro-town either.

I forgot to bold it.

Vote panda
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Tars wrote:Question: Ever played in a game with arbitrary post restrictions?
Yes. Is there any reason you asked this question?
Traveller wrote:Ah, but we have to lynch someone. If it's my time, so be it, but let's make it interesting. BTW, KoH, did not intend to OMGUS you, but it came out that way. Apologies, but you are the most aggressive player, which, lacking any other information, suggests mafiosi to me.

You all are a pretty serious crowd. Don't want to garner any more votes than I already have, so I'm done with the flippant attitude - at least for now!
I like this post from Traveller, and he's most likely town from it. He acknowledges that his vote could be OMGUS, but keeps his vote on KoH anyways because he still believes that he's scum.
I'm playing in a game on another forum that has some ridiculous ones (must post only in haikus, must triple vote/unvote at the start of each post,etc). At the time I thought that finding more out about those games might help, but as 8/22 players were killed in night 1 and the mod is basically a huge troll I don't think anything will.

I think I agree about that post from Traveller.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Snipe
Who actually seems like scum to you?
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sn1pe wrote:Let's add pressure to see if we can generate more conversation.
You believed earlier that Panda was scum, and only held back your vote because voting him would put him at L-1. Why do you vote him now for pressure, and not because you believe that he is scum?
tans wrote:I'm playing in a game on another forum that has some ridiculous ones (must post only in haikus, must triple vote/unvote at the start of each post,etc). At the time I thought that finding more out about those games might help, but as 8/22 players were killed in night 1 and the mod is basically a huge troll I don't think anything will.
Well, the only games here that are going to be anything like that are theme games, and will be labelled as bastard mods.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
tans wrote:I'm playing in a game on another forum that has some ridiculous ones (must post only in haikus, must triple vote/unvote at the start of each post,etc). At the time I thought that finding more out about those games might help, but as 8/22 players were killed in night 1 and the mod is basically a huge troll I don't think anything will.
Well, the only games here that are going to be anything like that are theme games, and will be labelled as bastard mods.
That's a relief. Until the death list, the only hint we had that this was going to be more than a slightly absurd theme game with lots of roles was one guy "joking" that it might be a game in which every player was an SK and an unusually graphic description of the lynch.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

thil13
thil13
Goon
thil13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by thil13 »

Nachomamma8 wrote: The reason why we put votes in the earlier stages with so little evidence is because true scumtells are only dropped while a suspect is under pressure. As a result, reads are far clearer, and we have a better idea of whether that person giving us bad vibes is scum or not.
Thanks for the clarification, I understand the method a bit better now. Though I think L-1 is a bit much if you want someone to answer questions, I feel like it would be easy to panic a little and drop some bad tells.
Give me three steps, gimme three steps, mister
King of Harolds
King of Harolds
Townie
King of Harolds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by King of Harolds »

ATM Snipe is acting pretty strange to me. Otherwise nothing has really changed that much with me. I don't really know Traveller that well so I don't know if he would be the type of person to put himself out there like that as scum, I've found a lot of the time that that depends on personality and such. I'm on the verge of unvoting him, though, since him just being newb town does seem fairly possible.
Sn1pe29
Sn1pe29
Townie
Sn1pe29
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Sn1pe29 »

To answer Nacho: I vote him no because I realized not having a vote at all benefits the town in no way. Panda is still my strongest suspicsion and since my vote no longer placed him at L-1 I decided to vote for him.

Tars. The people who I find suspicious... Panda, obviously. Also, you and thil. At the bottom of my last post I gave my reason why. I think Bri is town soley on gut hunch. So panda, tars and thil.
thil13
thil13
Goon
thil13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:13 am

Post by thil13 »

What exactly makes you suspicious of "us" Snipe?
Give me three steps, gimme three steps, mister
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:23 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Sn1pe29 wrote:To answer Nacho: I vote him no because I realized not having a vote at all benefits the town in no way. Panda is still my strongest suspicsion and since my vote no longer placed him at L-1 I decided to vote for him.

Tars. The people who I find suspicious... Panda, obviously. Also, you and thil. At the bottom of my last post I gave my reason why. I think Bri is town soley on gut hunch. So panda, tars and thil.
What have I done that makes you think I'm anti-town?
What have the other two done? (In you own words, I can read the fairly solid case against panda in other people's words already.)

Sn1pe29
Sn1pe29
Townie
Sn1pe29
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Sn1pe29 »

In two of your first two posts you claimed town (15, 41). I find that suspicious that you would do that right away.

Thil seems to be very hesitant and afraid of drawing suspicion, which looks scum to me, although I sort of did the same thing with panda.
pandabear
pandabear
Townie
pandabear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:25 am

Post by pandabear »

Both my votes on KoH and Nacho were my way of increasing activity and hearing from everyone but I realized some of them were rash and served little purpose. But there's no point of trying to backtrack or make excuses because that'll make me look more scum. Seeing as I'm already L-2, I'll just say that Snipe is now looking the most suspicious because he's realized that a formidable bandwagon may start to form behind me, and--without much activity--posts his vote on me backing on both Grey, nacho, and bristep's analysis on me. That seems very scummy to me.
unvote. vote: Sn1pe29
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Sn1pe29 wrote:In two of your first two posts you claimed town (15, 41). I find that suspicious that you would do that right away.

Thil seems to be very hesitant and afraid of drawing suspicion, which looks scum to me, although I sort of did the same thing with panda.
I think you mean in two of my early posts, not in my first two posts. You'll find that I explained why that seemed a normal enough thing to do in 27.
It would have been suspicious if I'd claimed a power role at that point, not to claim town-aligned.

I'll keep my vote on you.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

tarsonisocelot wrote:
Sn1pe29 wrote:In two of your first two posts you claimed town (15, 41). I find that suspicious that you would do that right away.

I think you mean in two of my early posts, not in my first two posts. You'll find that I explained why that seemed a normal enough thing to do in 27.
It would have been suspicious if I'd claimed a power role at that point, not to claim town-aligned.

In your opinion, would scum claim to be scum aligned?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Equinox »

Traveller has been prodded.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:

In your opinion, would scum claim to be scum aligned?
No, except in the case of trolls using troll armour. But I don't see why saying I'm town is anything other than a null tell suited only to the RVS.

Will not post much over the next couple of days, uni work.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snipe, could you explain why you think claiming town is scummy?

My vote stays for now.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Equinox »

bristep123 and King of Harolds (few hours early) have been prodded.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:02 am

Post by bristep123 »

Prod received. This game is dying on it's arse. I'm partly to blame. Sorry about that.

Nacho : I think that there's something to be said for keeping early town claims in mind. It's a given that everyone in the game is or pretends to be town, I just think that people who drop "I'm town" into their posts early on come across as trying a bit too hard to drive the point home. Not that I'm saying I back Snipe, i'm not sure if panda's vote on him is distancing or not yet. His latest post (to me) read as "Backtrack and excuses, not that I'm backtracking or making excuses". Panda is still top of my list right now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”