Open 293 - Donner Party Mafia, Take Two (Game Over)

tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by tclawren »

For crying out loud it's RVs, I thought these were supposed to be fun. Well, whatever.
VOTE: Magna
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Greetings fellow Donner Party members ….

For the first time in a long time I have not played with a majority of players here.
Well met to DRK, Singer, DH, Friend.

Since there are new (to me) players here I’ll give my old speech once again.

If you the Goons or Serial Killer you had best kill me Night 1. I’m getting that out of the way right now. Otherwise I will enjoy the time you allow me to hunt you down and hang you. You have been warned.

--
Tclaw wrote:VOTE: Escho

For getting banned and making our mod find a replacement.
I’ve found players not named UncertainKitten who go out of their way to avoid making a RVS or joke vote on an active player have a high correlation with being scum.

Since you seem new and joined Mafiascum on my birthday I’ll just ask straight out – are you Scum?

Preview Edit - Add folding immediately when questioned to my suspicions.

--
Shotty wrote:Vote DH he is the SK
Any way no more posts from me today, I'm off to mod my newbie and then I'm going out.
1. Serial Killer hunting (even in jest)? Subtle slip …
2. Over-justification for not posting content when you frankly never do anyway?

Early game jitters from a player known for drawing lynches. Which indicates scum.

VOTE: Shotty

This vote is not random.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

MoI wrote:1. Serial Killer hunting (even in jest)? Subtle slip …
Ha! I forgot there was an sk in this game.
(Also, obligatory "hi!" and not-obligatory-but-being-said-anyway "I hate you for going after the same two people I did and doing a better job of it")

Vote: Shotty
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by tclawren »

I’ve found players not named UncertainKitten who go out of their way to avoid making a RVS or joke vote on an active player have a high correlation with being scum.

Since you seem new and joined Mafiascum on my birthday I’ll just ask straight out – are you Scum?

Preview Edit - Add folding immediately when questioned to my suspicions.
Is this really true? I'll have to keep that in my database to use at a later date. No, I am not scum. Are you? :wink:
(but in all seriousness, are you scum?)

I'm not sure what your preview edit means. Is that a question?
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Alright, quite a fast start already. Questionnaire time!
Friend wrote:VOTE: lane01168

Too excited.
I missed this. Is this a serious vote?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:/confirm
Vote DH he is the SK

Any way no more posts from me today, I'm off to mod my newbie and then I'm going out.
I'm going to be upfront about this: what is the point of your vote reasoning? Did you plan for your vote reason to be ambiguous to get reactions, or is it that usual shotty acting that you do?

To be honest, I find you pretty hard to read, but I don't think I've ever started a game with you. Can you link some games were you were scum to me and started from confirmations instead of replacing in, please?
tclawren wrote:No, this isn't my first game (I have two other ones ongoing, many others in RL) and no, I don't think that my vote was really all that helpful. But honestly It was more of a joke than anything else.
While still being joke votes, RVS votes are generally aimed to try to -end- the RVS stage. Since you're such a new player, I'm a bit split on the read I get from these posts so far, but there's a fine line between voting in a joking way but still trying to help, and voting in an unhelpful way. I'm just curious as to whether you're being genuine or not about it truly being a joke.

I need to know a little bit more about your experience. Tell me a little bit more about your history with mafia in general instead of mafiascum, since you don't have any completed games on site.

MagnaofIllusion wrote: I’ve found players not named UncertainKitten who go out of their way to avoid making a RVS or joke vote on an active player have a high correlation with being scum.
Do you have proof of this? Statistically speaking? Former games of yours should suffice, link a few if you can, please.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by singersigner »

DeathRowKitty wrote:And that's 10

Vote: other mermaid (singer)

I have a good feeling about this vote.
Oh.
My.
God.
You.
Suck.

VOTE: Mikedmous for keeping his damned secrets. Only the scum and SK have something to hide. O_o
UNVOTE:
VOTE: MoI for trying to limit our fun in RVS.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: tclawren for being obvscum.

Preview Edit:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: DemonHybrid for trying too hard.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Friend »

@DH - no. I just found the use of two exclamation points in her confirm post amusing.

Tclaw, why did you change your vote when pressured by DRK? I don't think that your vote was intended to be malicious. However, I dislike your reaction - shut down.

I've played with shotty-scum, and ended up defending him most of the way, stupidly enough, since I've also played with shotty-town. They're oddly mostly the same, at least from my experience.

Singer, I'm going to assume that was a serious vote. What do you mean by trying too hard?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by lane0168 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:If you the Goons or Serial Killer you had best kill me Night 1. I’m getting that out of the way right now. Otherwise I will enjoy the time you allow me to hunt you down and hang you. You have been warned.
Why do you say this? I wish you would not wish for death if you are in fact going to play a huge roll for the town
Friend wrote:@DH - no. I just found the use of two exclamation points in her confirm post amusing.
Friend is just RACKING up the lies seriously LOL. Sorry but A) I used 3 exclamation points!!! B) I'm a he, and that avatar is coke barbie. C) i only have one 1 in my name!!
Friend wrote:
VOTE: lane01168
you are SOOO busted. game set and match SON!!
VOTE:Fiend

but seriously @magna, that part was for realz
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by lane0168 »

oh god, did not see things were getting so serious already, just saw last post and skipped around

unvote
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by tclawren »

DH said
: While still being joke votes, RVS votes are generally aimed to try to -end- the RVS stage. Since you're such a new player, I'm a bit split on the read I get from these posts so far, but there's a fine line between voting in a joking way but still trying to help, and voting in an unhelpful way. I'm just curious as to whether you're being genuine or not about it truly being a joke.

I need to know a little bit more about your experience. Tell me a little bit more about your history with mafia in general instead of mafiascum, since you don't have any completed games on site.
It was clearly a joke. How could it not be a joke? I just voted for someone that doesn't even exist for all we care.
I had might as well voted for the mod for not realizing that Escho was banned.

As for my previous experience, I've played mafia with friends for years but it never really that serious until college where there was a mafia club. I've played for a little while at Epicmafia, but I jumped ship to over here because I like the format and the userbase about a million times better.
Friend said
: Tclaw, why did you change your vote when pressured by DRK? I don't think that your vote was intended to be malicious. However, I dislike your reaction - shut down.
As a newbie I'm still trying to feel my way about the proper etiquette for playing here, and apparently one of the things I still don't get is how to do RVs. I've already been yelled at for not participating in them and it's a little frustrating to be reprimanded again for doing something silly during this stage of the game again.

So to answer your question, I changed it because I'm sick of being told I'm doing stuff wrong.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by lane0168 »

DH wrote:but there's a fine line between voting in a joking way but still trying to help, and voting in an unhelpful way
Could you tell me which ones of these are voting in a joking way but still trying to help, and which ones are voting in an unhelpful way. Because none of them seem to be helpful

Disclaimer: I do not have a problem with these jokes, I'm just wondering why DH is giving tcl so much grief. and anyone else who's giving him grief for whatever reason. lol TC WHY'D YOU VOTE LIKE THAT?!?! TC WHY'D YOU REMOVE YOUR VOTE?!

Too excited.
Vote: DeathRowKitty for that awful Tit for Tat beatdown. -_-
VOTE: Escho

Oh.
My.
God.
You.
Suck.

VOTE: Mikedmous for keeping his damned secrets. Only the scum and SK have something to hide. O_o
UNVOTE:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: tclawren for being obvscum
and you prob just read mine about Friend, its a joke

You're telling me the only one you dont like is from tcl? why is that?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

lane0168 wrote:
DH wrote:but there's a fine line between voting in a joking way but still trying to help, and voting in an unhelpful way
Could you tell me which ones of these are voting in a joking way but still trying to help, and which ones are voting in an unhelpful way. Because none of them seem to be helpful

Disclaimer: I do not have a problem with these jokes, I'm just wondering why DH is giving tcl so much grief. and anyone else who's giving him grief for whatever reason. lol TC WHY'D YOU VOTE LIKE THAT?!?! TC WHY'D YOU REMOVE YOUR VOTE?!

Too excited.
Vote: DeathRowKitty for that awful Tit for Tat beatdown. -_-
VOTE: Escho

Oh.
My.
God.
You.
Suck.

UNVOTE:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: tclawren for being obvscum
and you prob just read mine about Friend, its a joke

You're telling me the only one you dont like is from tcl? why is that?
tclawren is a special case because he, by his own admission and as DRK pointed out, put a vote on someone who can't reply back, and therefore is a useless/unhelpful RVS vote. No information can be gained from it. Everyone else's vote has been placed on a player that can respond and give information, so obviously it's a little more curious. Your vote is no exception to the RVS votes that have at least some purpose; I asked Friend about his vote because I've voted for confirmation posts before for whatever reason, but seriously, so I needed to check.

You want this one.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

tcl is town. Don't worry about him. Pretty sure lane is too. Friend is more likely scum.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by lane0168 »

@DH Excellent response. I understand where you are going with it completely. However, i do not believe tcl to be acting scummy. I just don't see a lot of info coming from about the first 5-7 votes in any game.

anyways, moving on from tcl...

Magna is gone, so can someone tell me why he would let everyone in on that he is very good at being town and inviting the scum to kill him? I do not understand this play in my limited abilities. if he's town i don't want scum to be killing the best players. and... why would he say this unless he has no fear of being killed? i'm concerned...
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

He gets killed night 1 a lot. That was presumably just his way of establishing himself as a strong player for anyone unfamiliar with him. Then again, I probably shouldn't be answering for him, but oh well.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Friend »

DRK, any reason for the read on me?

I think lane is town too. Tcl I'm not so sure about.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I probably have a reason for it, but nothing that looks good on paper. It's not strong enough to pursue right now anyway.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by lane0168 »

lol, if he gets killed night 1 alot, why draw attention to yourself and tell people that don't know that? now we're just gonna lose are best player?!?! well fuck...
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Friend »

Alright. I actually have a similarly iffy gut feeling about you too.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

That's cool. What do you think of DH?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by andrew94 »

vote lane

he is so scummy.
ate etc
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

andrew94 wrote:
vote lane

he is so scummy.
ate etc
Really? AtE?

What did lane post that contained AtE?

You want this one.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by lane0168 »

PLEASE please pLEASE.. :'( i have a FAMILY!!!

lol how's that for emotion?

but seriously? you're high.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by andrew94 »

lane0168 wrote:lol, if he gets killed night 1 alot, why draw attention to yourself and tell people that don't know that?
now we're just gonna lose are best player?!?! well fuck
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

You're confusing me. What are you saying? lane's obviously not defending himself here, and I see no emotional defense, only joking about Magna's reputation on site, so why did you call it AtE?

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Open Games”