Newbie 1081: Showdown in Newbtown (Game Over, Mafia win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sarahfish89
sarahfish89
Townie
sarahfish89
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 am

Post by sarahfish89 »

Right, well sorry for inactiveness, I think a short analysis on people would show my thoughts best. I already have some thoughts.

alnkpa - Has posted a bit, last post was good on Fatso and BS but not much here though.
alnkpa wrote:
Banana Stickers wrote:I certainly agree that sitting back and coasting through the RVS / RQS is bad news, since less input means less information we have to go on,
Why didn't you vote then? Until the end of RVS you didn't say one word. As startransmission phrased it 'flying under the radar'.

lynchking did almost the same but then hopped on the wagon for Fatso without any further explanation at first. Could you please explain that because I personally think RVS was over at that time.
I think this was because of her birthday still good point.
Null tell at the moment.

Banana Stickers - Two posts to go on here, most is about herself but the bit about RVS was nice but slightly contradicting since BS hasn't voted or posted until towards/the end of RVS, which could have been due to her birthday like I said above.
Banana Stickers wrote:I see RVS is pretty much over with the storm that's following Fatso's comment. I knew he was going to get jumped allll over for that. I certainly agree that sitting back and coasting through the RVS / RQS is bad news, since less input means less information we have to go on, but I can understand why he might not like RVS. I've been trying to get my husband to try the game, and he just does NOT understand how RVS can work or how it moves into scum discussion. I know he's not the only one that feels that way, and quite frankly everyone that hates random voting gets immediately pointed at. Scumtell - meh. It's just too common in a newbie game.
Null as well.

Bulvious - Posted more than most other people, with good information, I get where they're coming from with most of their logic with Fatso.
Bulvious wrote:[]bVote: h3ll0[/b]

I just got out of a game with you and I know it isn't your playstyle to lurk. In fact, you provided a significant portion of the early game content - where are you?
Vote was nice but play styles can vary from game due to RL. Also will put pressure on not to lurk which is anti-town.
Leaning town.

Fatso - Quite a few posts, saying they didn't like RVS hasn't really helped them but I don't think it's really a scum-tell as I've watched a few games on here and lots of newbies don't like or get it and RVS but they have turned out townie.
Fatso wrote:
Vote: sarahfish89

Content please. You too h3llo.
Nice pressure vote on me, talking is a good way to find scum.
Leaning town.

I will do the rest tomorrow as it is late here.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 am

Post by startransmission »

Fatso wrote:
startransmission wrote:One quick thing. This is really a matter of opinion, but I really feel the OMGUS vote is far scummier than the folding in to the RVS pressure.
(This is referring to me, right?) How was my second vote OMGUS in ANY WAY?
Your vote on lynchking seemed to be a direct response to his vote on you. That's OMGUS. Not necessarily scummy, but I find it more egregious than your folding to the RVS pressure.

I think all the comments I was going to make have kinda been made. I hope Fatso now understands why RVS is valuable, and why his reluctance to participate is not the primary reason for the pressure placed on him.

Waiting to hear more from BS and h3llo.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Antihero »

Vote Count #2

Banana Stickers - 2 (startransmission, Zdenek)
Fatso - 1 (lynchking)
h3ll0 - 1 (Bulvious)
lynchking - 1 (h3ll0)
sarahfish89 - 1 (Fatso)
Zdenek - 2 (alnkpa, sarahfish89)

Not Voting: Banana Stickers

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is April 12th.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Fatso »

Bulvious wrote: A few things wrong with this. When you say "Overly suspcious" do you mean you're merely suspicious of me? Or are you admitting to doubting my town-ness without significant reason?
Basically, Fat, in the future it'd be a good idea to be able to back up anything you say in this game. If you can't, and or give in just because of pressure - then you appear to be scummy. People who are lying tend to be more defensive about it than someone who is telling the truth. Liars in this game tend to be scum
I didn't even say "overly," I said "overTly" (I've seen a couple of things with a couple people that I would consider suspicious (none that are worth mentioning) but you're the only one that I was like (in my head) "he's suspicious..."). And what I meant by that post, is that I tend to be wrongly suspicious of people who are "super-actively-scumhunting-townies" (I think that's how I put it..). I don't know why it is, but I just tend to be that way.
"Don't shuffle that deck, it's stacked!"

-Fatso
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Fatso »

Unvote

-Fatso
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Fatso »

startransmission wrote: Your vote on lynchking seemed to be a direct response to his vote on you. That's OMGUS. Not necessarily scummy, but I find it more egregious than your folding to the RVS pressure.
Three people voted for me, and I voted back on the only one who didn't give some reasoning as to why. Not that it matters any more, but really, really, far from OMGUS.

-Fatso
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Bulvious »

Playstyles do vary, especially when someone is trying to establish a meta. That's why my vote was mostly backed by a question more so than reasoning.

Oh well, I've yet to f ind a super-actively-scumhunting-scum. Granted, my experience is quite limited.
And as far as the OMGUS goes - it was OMGUSsy. Just because you have a question doesn't mean it needs pressure to be answered faster. You shouldn't vote for someone for the sole purpose of asking a question. They should have done something scummy to make you vote for them. Lurking is scummy - that's why my vote is on h3ll0, What Lynch was doing was called sheeping, which isn't necessarily scummy at least not in my opinion.

The most towny thing about Fatso thus far is his willingness to talk, and his activity which goes beyond most of us, I've yet to check the site and see that he hasn't posted. Something worth noting in my book.

Sarah, obviously it's early in the day and making a choice based on three pages of info is difficult, but - if you had to place a hammering vote right now - where would it be? On a lurker? No lynch?
Everyone else is free to answer this, also.
Personally, I'd peel off a lurker over anyone else posting in this topic at the moment.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Fatso »

^Yeah, I'd agree, personally.
The reason I'm posting so much is that, well, I don't really have anything to do at the moment.

-Fatso
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:02 am

Post by h3ll0 »

Bulvious wrote:I just got out of a game with you and I know it isn't your playstyle to lurk. In fact, you provided a significant portion of the early game content - where are you?
I was unemployed then.
Just because you have a question doesn't mean it needs pressure to be answered faster. You shouldn't vote for someone for the sole purpose of asking a question.
It is kind of weird how you feel this way, considering that you were advocating on how townies should be using their votes freely on D1.
Sarah, obviously it's early in the day and making a choice based on three pages of info is difficult, but - if you had to place a hammering vote right now - where would it be? On a lurker? No lynch?
Personally, I'd peel off a lurker over anyone else posting in this topic at the moment.
Probably. But it is still too early to actually lynch lurkers.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Bulvious »

I was the same way, H3ll0. Now I'm workin as well XP It's still no excuse to sign up for a game and then be infrequent at best about giving responses. When can we to expect you to give input aaccording to your schedule as of now?

I advocated using your vote as a tool. You're not using it as a tool if your putting it on someone without an almost decent reason outside of RVS. I advocate using your vote to pressure - but when there is no real delay in a response, is pressure needed?

And we both know that of course, but that's not what my question is asking for. It's asking if the deadline were tomorrow and you had the vote that was end-all be-all, what would you pick? I'm not asking you to actually go about that course of action because given the alotted time we have, we are in no rush at the moment.
alnkpa
alnkpa
Townie
alnkpa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 am

Post by alnkpa »

To answer Bulvious' question: I think if I'd need to hammer, I'd go with a lurker aswell. Lurking seems much more scummy to me than a nolynch. Lurking is quite antitown as it withholds possibly important information for us. The nolynch wouldn't be so bad as we are not in a mylo/lylo-situation and me virtually hammering would render that nolynch void.
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:00 am

Post by h3ll0 »

I advocated using your vote as a tool. You're not using it as a tool if your putting it on someone without an almost decent reason outside of RVS. I advocate using your vote to pressure - but when there is no real delay in a response, is pressure needed?
Fair enough. While the pressure was probably unnecessary, there is nothing wrong with voting purpose of asking a question.

And we both know that of course, but that's not what my question is asking for. It's asking if the deadline were tomorrow and you had the vote that was end-all be-all, what would you pick? I'm not asking you to actually go about that course of action because given the alotted time we have, we are in no rush at the moment.[/quote]
Well, if you put it that way, yeah. I would hammer the lurker.
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:01 am

Post by h3ll0 »

EBMODP
Bulvious wrote:I was the same way, H3ll0. Now I'm workin as well XP It's still no excuse to sign up for a game and then be infrequent at best about giving responses. When can we to expect you to give input aaccording to your schedule as of now?
Of course. But do note that this is, after all, the first weekend of the game. I'm not saying that my lurking is excusable, but that why I posted way less in this game as compared to the last during at the start is because of work.
Fair enough. While the pressure was probably unnecessary, there is nothing wrong with voting purpose of asking a question.
And we both know that of course, but that's not what my question is asking for. It's asking if the deadline were tomorrow and you had the vote that was end-all be-all, what would you pick? I'm not asking you to actually go about that course of action because given the alotted time we have, we are in no rush at the moment.
Well, if you put it that way, yeah. I would hammer the lurker.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Fatso »

Ok BS, now you need some content.
Vote: BS

-Fatso
Banana Stickers
Banana Stickers
Townie
Banana Stickers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Banana Stickers »

Hi all,

I am going to be V/LA today through Sunday. I wanted to tell you this in my post yesterday, but I had so much packing and other shenanigans that I obviously did not have time to post. So I'm going to try to post tonight, but may not be able to do so on Saturday or Sunday.
Record
W / L
Town
2 / 0
Mafia
0 / 0
Other
0 / 0
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Fatso »

Unvote

-Fatso
sarahfish89
sarahfish89
Townie
sarahfish89
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 am

Post by sarahfish89 »

Bulvious wrote:Playstyles do vary, especially when someone is trying to establish a meta. That's why my vote was mostly backed by a question more so than reasoning.

Oh well, I've yet to find a super-actively-scumhunting-scum. Granted, my experience is quite limited.
And as far as the OMGUS goes - it was OMGUSsy. Just because you have a question doesn't mean it needs pressure to be answered faster. You shouldn't vote for someone for the sole purpose of asking a question. They should have done something scummy to make you vote for them. Lurking is scummy - that's why my vote is on h3ll0, What Lynch was doing was called sheeping, which isn't necessarily scummy at least not in my opinion.

The most towny thing about Fatso thus far is his willingness to talk, and his activity which goes beyond most of us, I've yet to check the site and see that he hasn't posted. Something worth noting in my book.

Yup, that's why I didn't post much, I'd rather vote a lurker than a person who wanted a no lynch since Mafia want to kill people off right, and Mafia don't tend to try and post or scum hunt. So yeah, I think we're all agreed so far.

h3ll0 - Not posted much, a few small posts responding to others, more posts/thoughts would be nice.
Null tell at the moment.

lynchking - Posted twice and I would like them to post more, not much info to work with here.
Null tell at the moment.

startransmission - Doing a good job of an IC, answering questions, good ideas. Not talking as much as some IC but I don't think it's a bad thing since some have been complained at for posting too much.
Leaning townie.

Zdenek - Slightly random RVS vote, would have been better if we had more reason but I'm not going to nag too much about RVS. A good posts when responding to other people.
Would say null.

If you're wondering why I think nobody is scummy, it's because we're 3 pages in and I want to see how the game goes before I start thinking people are scum.

Vote: lynchking
, more posts/thoughts please.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Fatso »

sarahfish89 wrote:Zdenek - Slightly random RVS vote
How can you
not
have a random RVS vote?

-Fatso
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Bulvious »

Lol @ Fatso ^^^^

I don't like BS. V/la when she already wasn't putting anything out there. Lamelame
She's also the only one to have not voted - fail voter for the day? When I say "I'd hammer a lurker as of now." It would probably be her.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Fatso »

I'd kind of agree with that. She also defended me to some extent, which while not
necessarily
a scumtell does make me suspicious... In my last game the only people who ever directly defended anyone else (not each other, just townies) were the scum.

-Fatso
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by h3ll0 »

sarahfish89 wrote:
I'm not liking this. You look like you are imitating Bulvious/Fatso simply to look town.

Unvote, Vote sarahfish89
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by bv310 »

Hey guys, I'm your backup mod, and will be in here for the next week taking over while AH is on vacation. Expect vote counts every two days or two pages, whichever comes first. Any questions that you may have can be directed to me or AH, although answers from him will likely be delayed.

Also, this is my usual modding colour. If anyone has a hard time reading it, let me know and I'll find a better one.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:44 am

Post by startransmission »

Hey guys, long day ahead of me, will post later today.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
sarahfish89
sarahfish89
Townie
sarahfish89
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:38 am

Post by sarahfish89 »

Fatso wrote:
sarahfish89 wrote:Zdenek - Slightly random RVS vote
How can you
not
have a random RVS vote?
Lol, bad wording. What I meant to say was: They didn't even post a reason for voting whereas most people did.
Fatso wrote:I'd kind of agree with that. She also defended me to some extent, which while not
necessarily
a scumtell does make me suspicious... In my last game the only people who ever directly defended anyone else (not each other, just townies) were the scum.
While I was defending you, it was because I thought not liking RVS isn't a good enough reason to vote somebody and it's mainly townies that have done this, I was just basing this off my previous experience.
h3ll0 wrote:
sarahfish89 wrote:
I'm not liking this. You look like you are imitating Bulvious/Fatso simply to look town.

Unvote, Vote sarahfish89
I was? Oh I see what you mean, I guess I was doing this without realising but you did need to post more.
Question: Apart from me, who do you think is the most scummiest at the moment? Same with townie. (other people can answer too)
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Fatso »

sarahfish89 wrote:
Fatso wrote:I'd kind of agree with that. She also defended me to some extent, which while not
necessarily
While I was defending you, it was because I thought not liking RVS isn't a good enough reason to vote somebody and it's mainly townies that have done this, I was just basing this off my previous experience.
Um, Bulvious and my posts weren't even in reference to you there...

-Fatso

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”