Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

4th vote count of day 1:

projectmatt - 2 (Jasont1981, Rockynpoika)
Jasont1981 - 1 (ZengarZombolt)
Rockynpoika - 1 (Mogri)
TOGTFO - 1 (projectmatt)
Mogri - 1 (MagnaofIllusion)

Not voting: (TOGTFO, runner, Space Pope)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than 2:30PM CST on Saturday April 23rd.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:00 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Zachrulez wrote: Sisterman has replaced out of the game. TOGTFO holds his spot now and is not eligible for a prod.
Doh. That teaches me to directly rely on the recent activity button :?

This has been your MoI the IC is a moron moment of the day ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 am

Post by TOGTFO »

Ha ha, its ok.... I forgive you for overlooking little old me.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 am

Post by rockynpoika »

I'm sorry but work has gotten a bit too busy for me to play this game. I apologize, it isn't fair to you guys.

/replace out
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Zachrulez »

rockynpoika wrote:I'm sorry but work has gotten a bit too busy for me to play this game. I apologize, it isn't fair to you guys.

/replace out
Thank you for letting us know.

Welcome Darkcoffeejazz who replaces for rockynpoika!
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Mogri »

Space Pope wrote:
ZengarZombolt wrote:EBWOP:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Your response was to not directly answer but first show how the wagon on Project was baseless (in your opinion) and then to try to say that the RVS votes mean Rocky was not really at L-2.
Actually this holds true. Until the votes are presented with proper reasoning, you can't really have them count as being actually there unless we had a very dangerous case like L-1 or a full lynch. But on those cases, scumtells would have been oh so obvious, almost sacrificial. You could say that vote
prevented
scum from voting further on Rocky since it would have been very suspicious with what little reasoning there is normally so early.
Don't understand the whole prevention part. Are you saying that scum wouldn't put someone at L-2 because it would be too suspicious?
Pretty sure he means scum (or town) wouldn't place the L-1 vote at that point.
TOGTFO wrote:The underlined also does not make since. Bussing is a perfectly reasonable thing to do and I fail to see how you giving a successful buss makes you look scummy.
Because I wouldn't have been bussing? Defending him is the complete opposite of bussing.

With rocky replacing out, I'll UNVOTE: rockynpoika for now and wait for the DarkCoffeeJazz to get into the game.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

*With the tip of his fedora and a wink of his eye, the great coffee addict walked through the front door of the game. Normally.*
Couldn't resist, sorry. Well, first post is fulfilled now, so I will go and reread what's been going on in this game (other than the replacements, as I imagine this isn't the first one that's occurred).
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

ZengarZombolt wrote:
Vote's staying where it's at because Jason hasn't answered my question yet. Reposting just for the sake of being nice:
ZengarZombolt wrote:@Rocky: Why do you think the case on Matt is more promising? I'm curious.

Ah ok, sorry this question seemed to be at Rocky considering it said @Rocky.. so how can you keep your vote on me for asking a question that was not aimed at me? anyway.

I think it the most solid read at the minute and I have already outlined my reasonings behind it a few times which is easy to see why.. Is there another case out there that is stronger? or that you at least feel is stronger?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:58 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Welcome DarkCoffee
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Well, I'm not well acquainted with the way MafiaScum.net handles it's games, newbie or not, so I have no idea if the vote of my predecessor counts after he's been replaced. I'll
UNVOTE
now if that's the case (if not, just ignore it).

I've read the thread, and for the most part my head hurts; that is to say I'm not sure what to make of everything, not even my predecessor's posts (rocky). I'm going to have to brew some coffee and mull over the thread some more, I'm thinking, but instead of the first read-through of a broad viewpoint (taking in all posts at once and overloading my brain), I might read it through with specific people in mind.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

yes, the vote would count from your predecsor
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Well then, good thing I was thorough. Anyway back from a shower, brewed some coffee (and placed in some mint choco chip ice cream into it), so I'll probably spend the rest of today digging around the thread. Whether I find anything relevant or not though is yet to be seen...
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I fail to see how people would not know the mod is not in the game, the mod is the one who sends you the roles so for him to then play would be complete bastard modding, he/she would know the roles, who was scum etc.. I am not sure how epicmafia works.. but whatever... I don't think it is scummy... its just weird that it was not known.

just out of curiousity, who sends you the roles on epicmafia then? the mod?
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Ahem. Allow me to explain, as I am well acquainted with the ways of EpicMafia (henceforth referred to as EM).

EM is a live chat-based site for the playing of Mafia games. Moderators police the community in the event of trolling, etc, but they do not actually assign roles or host games. A player creates a game using a predefined "setup", or makes a setup of their own from the roles available on the site (they add new ones once in a while, too). Once a game is created it is posted in the lobby automatically. The number of players varies from setup to setup, but once the quota is reached (players click "Join Game" via the lobby), the game waits 10 seconds before starting the game. Once the game starts, the site's system uses the setup to assign roles randomly among all players, and it goes to Night 1 (or Day 1 if it is a Day Start setup). Mods do not even have to be in a game to play one.

Basically, the setup determines what roles are used, and the system randomly distributes those roles once the game starts, but before the first Night/Day.
So yeah. Long explanation is long I know.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Fair enough, I guess that clears up the early confusion. thanks for clarifying that.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Yeah I noticed some confusion in the thread regarding EpicMafia earlier. I thought it had been resolved so I didn't say anything before now.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

wall coming, sorry folks.. if I missed anything directed at me, let me know so I can answer
projectmatt wrote:The same thing can be seem in post 33. A sense of nervousness, and then an unrelated "lol" right after. Note that at the time, it was in the afternoon, and therefore it being late can no fit as a valid excuse.

Wrong, it may have been afternoon for you, but it was late evening for me.

I often post its late, or its (X o'clock) when posting late at night, I am sure if you look around you will see this...
projectmatt wrote:
@Jason, post 48
You posted a while ago claiming that I slipped, and at that point, I had yet to respond. But for some reason you claimed that I have drastically moved up in your scum meter. Why the sudden change inbetween those few posts?

Jason, your post number 54 is confusing to me. I'm not sure what you are implying. I am a frequent player of epicmafia, so yes, I have experience in this game, but mafiascum is unlike this website. There are no such things as RVS's or even asking random questions to get discussion going. Mods can play games as freely as they desire.

Anyway, this is all I have for the moment. I unvote sisterman and withhold future voting until I see more responses and discussions.
well, if I feel you have made a scumslip... off course you are going to move up my scum meter, yes?

re:post 54: It has been explained to me now, I get MS and EM are two completly different sites with diff playstyles now, I just wanted to know what way their games are set up so as to find out if your reaction to here was genuiene... since it was cleared up for me in a recent post by coffee, I believe it was.
projectmatt wrote:
fos's:
rockynpoika and jasonT1981

From what I can tell, Jason seems to be attempting to stray as far away from Rocky as possible, but he's desperately clinging to suspect me. A while back he posted that "he doesn't like Rocky's play, but Matt has drastically shot up my scum meter", and that was the end of it.

Saying you suspect somebody and then avoiding them like the plague = a possible light bus.
where have you been, I suspected rocky right from page 1.. however he is currently 3rd on my list of suspicions... to say I am straying away from him is just plain wrong.
Runner wrote:jasonT1981: You've been pretty fixed on projectmatt as of late. Thoughts on any other players & their styles of posting?
Space Pope - seems to be asking questions, trying to get a feel for the players coming across as town to me, making some good points

MOI - Unsure as of now, will be able to get a better read of him later in the game.

Morgi - town points for unvoting rocky when he left to give replacement time to catch up.. seems to have some bad logic IMO, have a shaky feeling about him

Coffee - to early to tell, suspect Rocky as scum though

TOGTFO - coming across as town right now

ZengarZombolt- leanign town right now but I want to address this.
ZengarZombolt wrote:
And now some questions.
@Jason: So why is town supposed to be less careful with what they say? Isn't that going to make them prone to commit mistakes that scum can use to their advantage?
Because town should not be afraid to say what they feel or be afraid of beign put under presure, its scum who should be afraid of this and therefor are alot more cautious. He said scum are cautious and I am... then

More reads later in the game when I get them, anyone else is null right now to me
as for this
projectmatt wrote: Sorry, but from my point of view, I am town, and my wording will naturally come out in that way. I can't really help that.
I often find those who go out of their way to tell others they are town are usually scum trying to hard to look town... thats just my personal veiw based on things I have seen in mafia
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
TOGTFO wrote:@MOI- What is your viewpoint on Lynch-all-Liars?
Lynch all Liars, like all policy lynches, is flawed at best. I see it implemented as often as an excuse for Scum to effect a bad lynch as I do Town using it to lynch scum.
I am sorta on the fence about lynch all liers...mostly it is scum caught lying however I have known town to sometimes lie in what is called a gambit to bring out scum and make them more obivious or catch them red handed.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

After isolating everyone's posts one by one and making notes for myself, I still do not believe I am ready to vote for anyone as of this moment, however; this is mostly due to the fact I wasn't part of this game until today (as a replacement). It's harder for me to get any good reads unless I'm actively involved in the conversations going on around me.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Mogri »

Do you have any impressions you'd like to share? There must be something you've gleaned from all that reading.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Welcome to the game, Dark. It's odd to see Rocky replaced so quickly though. I wish he could have elaborated more on why he did the things he did. Now it's going to bother me forever.

Not much to respond to at the moment, though I will apologize for the fact that I've been using the typical scumtells that happen on epicmafia on this website. For the moment, I'm spectating and seeing what's happening, but I have a few things to point out. I'll do that tomorrow morning because I'm exhausted right now. Just a reminder that I'm right here.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Mogri wrote:Do you have any impressions you'd like to share? There must be something you've gleaned from all that reading.
I'm not sure I have anything of substance, but I suppose I can share a few of my first impressions upon reading the thread. Please keep in mind they are just observations I've made, as well as general impressions of some of your actions. So don't expect much in the way of a vote to lynch anyone just yet. Yes... it is a wall of text. If you are going to quote this post, please edit out anything not directly contributing to what you have to say about whatever it is you are specifically addressing.

TOGTFO
: I noticed that he FoS'd projectmatt, and after that I didn't see much contribution. Maybe one or two comments on the Mogri/Jason exchanges, but not much else I could glean on first glance. Considering he replaced someone, I'm not entirely shocked either. I'm still trying to transition into this game myself. However, I'll be keeping an eye for future posts from this person.

ZengarZombolt
: I'm not entirely sure how to perceive this person. While I understand the concept of a random and/or joke vote in the RVS stage (as you all call it here), I find the jokevote against the Mod and the use of a randomizer slightly odd. I only say slightly because, well, the first was a joke vote and the second was literally a random vote. As has been mentioned, though, use of a random generator does create a disconnect between the poster and their vote. But is it scummy? I'm not sure.

Mogri
: I've noticed you and Jason have exchanged words on several occasions this far into the game. While I won't go into detail on every single argument, the bulk seemed centered around projectmatt and his actions. Usually with you defending him. It's a bit too early for me to tell for sure, but I'm getting town vibes from you. And not just because you unvoted when I came into the game, either.

projectmatt
: I am familiar with EpicMafia so I understand the whole "mod" confusion, I suppose. I do agree that you do slightly imply you are town with the way you talk, but then again, I think this may have been something you picked up from EM. For every town tell I get from you, there's a scumtell to counter it, so at this moment you're in a neutral standing with me. Also I believe the bandwagon on you was due in part to a large misunderstanding and a failure to gain information before making accusations. It was also partially your fault for not adequately explaining the mechanics of EpicMafia. However, something I did not really like at all was that you kept repeating yourself when it came to your statememts of "mafia would be cautious", and that you yourself "are cautious". Whether this is a scumslip or just a failure to communicate adequately once again, I'm not sure. But I'm going to be watching you in any case.

JasonT1981
: I'm curious as to why exactly you felt the need to random vote, unvote, and then vote again in the same exact post. While this may not be scummy in and of itself, I felt that your random vote then became an unnecessary part of your post. I realize this may have been a joke vote, but still. I just found it a bit odd is all. From what I can glean, you were all for voting projectmatt, due in part to the large misunderstanding of the use of the word "mods" in regards to EpicMafia, as well as projectmatt's inadequate explanations of the site itself. I am not entirely sure how I feel about you at this moment in time, to be quite honest. I felt you were tunneling a bit on projectmatt a bit, again due to the EM misunderstanding. I also believe Runner posted something to this effect as well, in his ISO post #4.

Runner
: I'm not entirely sure what's going on in your real life, but despite being an SE in this game, I felt you haven't posted as much as anyone else. I counted and apparently you have a whopping 6 posts. This could just be your play style, as I know people who prefer not to talk unless they have something of worth to add, but at the same time it minimizes the tells that players can read from you. I'd just like to hear your thoughts on everything that's been happening so far in a bit more depth than you have previously posted.

Space Pope
: I felt you were the largest contributor to the votes against projectmatt, if only in the sense that you called him a liar, and that we must "Lynch All Liars". I saw little to no effort to help resolve the EpicMafia "mods" issue, you just assumed he was lying due to your experience on MafiaScum, since moderators here are different than the moderators over at EpicMafia. You also failed to notice that it was Zengar, not projectmatt, that voted the mod. I am glad you backed down a bit after projectmatt defended himself a few times. As to whether your actions thus far are that of scum or aggressive townie, I'm not sure of at this point. Also, I'm not sure if this is important or not, but I don't think you voted at random at all during RVS; the first vote I can find from you was one on projectmatt. I'm not saying not randomly voting is scummy; it's just an observation I made.

MOI
: Magna, you also didn't random vote, unless I'm missing it. Again, this is just an observation. I don't know why you feel that anyone who thinks that RVS is devoid of information must be scum, however, when you yourself did not randomly vote. I do not count the vote on Rocky as random, as you were voting him for a specific game-related reason. If I am wrong about this observation, please enlighten me as to why. I also noticed you exchanged some words with Mogri as well. I am glad that you disagreed with Space Pope's assertion that only scum would say or imply they are town, however, and in general I get a town read from you.

I think this is everyone. I obviously couldn't cover every single detail of this game, but these things are what stuck out the most to me upon reading the thread a few times. Again, if you are going to directly quote this post, please edit anything that doesn't contribute to what you are trying to respond to. These are all first impressions of each specific player, after all.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:58 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:
JasonT1981
: I'm curious as to why exactly you felt the need to random vote, unvote, and then vote again in the same exact post. While this may not be scummy in and of itself, I felt that your random vote then became an unnecessary part of your post. I realize this may have been a joke vote, but still. I just found it a bit odd is all. From what I can glean, you were all for voting projectmatt, due in part to the large misunderstanding of the use of the word "mods" in regards to EpicMafia, as well as projectmatt's inadequate explanations of the site itself. I am not entirely sure how I feel about you at this moment in time, to be quite honest. I felt you were tunneling a bit on projectmatt a bit, again due to the EM misunderstanding. I also believe Runner posted something to this effect as well, in his ISO post #4.
I mostly always will make a random vote then get down to business. Either it be in the same post or a bit later in the game.. just so happened I saw things I wanted to address in my first post.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Welcome DarkCoffeeJazz (who I will be calling Dark from here on out)!

--
Jason wrote:town points for unvoting rocky when he left to give replacement time to catch up
Why does he get Town points for unvoting for the replacement when the slot in question had only 1 vote at that point. Hardly the case where there was any threat of a accidental lynch of Rocky / Dark.

Mogri’s suspicions about the slot shouldn’t change just because someone replaced out. Scummy actions don’t depart with the player.
Jason wrote:I am sorta on the fence about lynch all liers...mostly it is scum caught lying however I have known town to sometimes lie in what is called a gambit to bring out scum and make them more obivious or catch them red handed.
What do you think of SpacePope’s floating of the Lynch All Liars policy in regards to Matt given it was based on the following facts?

1. The confusion about Mods playing based on EM’s site norms
2. SpacePope incorrectly identified Matt as voting for the Mod

--
Dark wrote:I'm not entirely sure what's going on in your real life, but despite being an SE in this game, I felt you haven't posted as much as anyone else. I counted and apparently you have a whopping 6 posts.
At the point you posted this the thread had been open approximately 6 RL days.

1. Do you feel that posting the equivalent of once a Day isn’t contributing in a proper manner?
2. Why should Runner’s status as an SE have anything to do with a higher level of activity?
Dark wrote:Magna, you also didn't random vote, unless I'm missing it. Again, this is just an observation. I don't know why you feel that anyone who thinks that RVS is devoid of information must be scum, however, when you yourself did not randomly vote. I do not count the vote on Rocky as random, as you were voting him for a specific game-related reason. If I am wrong about this observation, please enlighten me as to why.
You are incorrect in regards to your assessment. My vote for Rocky was random. While I couched it in regards to his belief that RVS does not provide information that certainly isn’t scummy. Many experienced players disagree with my perception. My ‘reasoning’ was no different than a person voting due to disliking an avatar. Read the sentences that precede my vote where I discuss the RVS stage and place my vote. The inference was that it was Random along with everyone elses. Had it been a non-RVS vote I would have specifically mentioned such. I can provide examples of other games where I do that if you would like.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

@Magna: 6 days? Huh. I thought it had been longer than that, not sure why. Guess I shoulda paid attention to the times more. Nevermind about that then. Also, it was at first glance so I wasn't sure if your vote had been truly random at that point. Thank you for clarifying a few things at least.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Mogri »

Idle banter: If MoI's town win% is only 37.5 and his scum win% is 83.3, does that mean we're statistically ahead of the game to lynch him?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”