Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Juls »

@Javert - I am trying to ascertain YOUR motivations, Javert. I still have not, and that is concerning to me.
-------------------------------------
Juls
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Juls wrote:farside - I like that you are asking questions, this is a good, proactive sign. However, I wonder, do you often mistake activity for scumminess? I ask because you seem to be targetting the most active people. Is this because they are providing you with more material to analyze or because you are getting scum vibes off them?
Not always. This game is on page 4. Klazam had 3 post. One was RVS. Javert hasn't said anything that I can get a read off of (he just posted something I will get to in a moment). It's more lack of anything to question or get a read off of. So far only you and TS are giving me the biggest scum vibes at this point.
Jav wins for best feel of this game so far:
All of the questions in this game so far seem like attempts to squeeze blood from a turnip.
hmmm Javert: why are you attacking Juls for questioning your vote? Do you think a vote without comment doesn't deserve to be questioned?
Also so far I noted you haven't said much of anything about the players in this game. Your post before now was a RVS.
Now you post you don't have a read, then just vote for ender.

unvote:
vote: Javert

Usually I see scum who have a harder time reading people.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:23 am

Post by farside22 »

I see one thing that stands out for ender's post, but I think Javert needs to expand more on his views.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Javert »

Not about to explain my vote. But to clarify on a couple other things:

1.)
I did not "attack" Juls for her question: I called it lazy. And then I explained why it was lazy. I
did
, however, attack her for the "is everybody who disagrees with you scum?" quip, because it has no proper place in the conversation.

2.)
I said I did not have much of a read on players, not that I had no reads at all. The fact that I began my post by voting ender241 makes that rather clear.

3.)
farside22, Post 101 wrote:Usually I see scum who have a harder time reading people.
And this tell is really only applicable (i) to players who, as scum, are not good at fabricating suspicions on people, and (ii) to situations where there is enough information in the thread that everybody is likely to have firm opinions on people. Neither of which is the case here.
"I was born with scum like you."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Jav wrote:And this tell is really only applicable (i) to players who, as scum, are not good at fabricating suspicions on people, and (ii) to situations where there is enough information in the thread that everybody is likely to have firm opinions on people. Neither of which is the case here.
(i) I don't know your scum. I know we played a game together but I don't remember much beyond that. (ii) Some people have views on players. Rhinox pointed out something from Oso, I have my views on a few players.
When you say next to nothing in the game and say ender is scummy read his post I find nothing from you that gives me warm fuzzy feelings or reasoning then why is questioning your "read" lazy?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

limited access until tomorrow evening

Skipping eh? Haha noted. :)
Last edited by neil1113 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Rhinox »

juls wrote:Rhinox - What's your take on Me=Weird? TwistedSpoon?
I don't have a strong opinion of them either way. Why did you specifically ask me about those 2 players?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Juls »

@Rhinox - to gage your read on them and see if it matches mine at all. Also because I haven't seen you really comment on them where you have on some others. These were two I specifically wanted your opinion on.

I am also limited access until Monday. Going to my parents for the remainder of today and have to work tomorrow. Will likely be late Sunday before I can post anything of substance

I'm losing my people... where are they going!?!?! Come back!!! [this means, noted.] :)
-------------------------------------
Juls
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Javert »

I will go ahead and answer the questions I’ve thoughtfully ignored.
Juls, Post 95 wrote:any reason for the vote switch Javert?
Juls, Post 97 wrote: So your problem with ender is that you disagree with his read on Prosaurus? What about that makes him scummy? Do you think everyone who disagrees with you is scum?
farside22, Post 104 wrote: When you say next to nothing in the game and say ender is scummy read his post I find nothing from you that gives me warm fuzzy feelings or reasoning then why is questioning your "read" lazy?
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:07 am

Post by ender241 »

Javert wrote:I will go ahead and answer the questions I’ve thoughtfully ignored.
Juls, Post 95 wrote:any reason for the vote switch Javert?
Juls, Post 97 wrote: So your problem with ender is that you disagree with his read on Prosaurus? What about that makes him scummy? Do you think everyone who disagrees with you is scum?
farside22, Post 104 wrote: When you say next to nothing in the game and say ender is scummy read his post I find nothing from you that gives me warm fuzzy feelings or reasoning then why is questioning your "read" lazy?
You can't even answer a simple question? @anyone who's played with him before, does he usually do this?
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Javert »

ender241, Post 109 wrote:You can't even answer a simple question?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

VOTE: Javert

not answering the town's questions is inherently anti-town. You look like you need some motivation to answer
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Javert »

You forgot to unvote, Twistedspoon.

1.)
If I consider a question to be below me, I am only going to respond with my avatar. And as I have said at least twice, I am not going to explain my vote on ender241.

2.)
By the way, I'm a DayVig. No, I'm not joking, and yes, I am going to use my ability at some point today. My kill will be posted in-thread.

If somebody would like to volunteer themselves for instant death, please let me know, and I will be happy to oblige! Also, if anybody fails to post content for a period of 4 days without giving V/LA notice, they are eligible to be Vigged.

Now, maybe people will stop asking me pointless (and bad) questions. I am not in the mood to answer them.
Inspector Javert
shall be the one asking the questions from here on out.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 am

Post by ender241 »

UNVOTE: VOTE: Javert Start answering questions, i doubt your a DayVig.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:39 am

Post by ender241 »

Basically your using "Day-vig" as your excuse to say what you want.
Show
again.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Oso »

Javert wrote: If somebody would like to volunteer themselves for instant death, please let me know, and I will be happy to oblige! Also, if anybody fails to post content for a period of 4 days without giving V/LA notice, they are eligible to be Vigged.

Now, maybe people will stop asking me pointless (and bad) questions. I am not in the mood to answer them.
Inspector Javert

Yo, volunteer right here.

@MOD, replacement please.
Now way in hell I'm playing the rest of this game with dick-swinging son of a bitch.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Javert »

Oso, please retract your request. I will answer the questions if it will keep you in the game.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:43 am

Post by ender241 »

Oso wrote:
Javert wrote: If somebody would like to volunteer themselves for instant death, please let me know, and I will be happy to oblige! Also, if anybody fails to post content for a period of 4 days without giving V/LA notice, they are eligible to be Vigged.

Inspector Javert

Yo, volunteer right here.

@MOD, replacement please.
Now way in hell I'm playing the rest of this game with dick-swinging son of a bitch.
Just vote him already godamnit! He's trying it on, it's like saying "I'm the bomb, the last person to vote me so i am lynched will die." Which is basically warning us off voting for him so he gets away with doing what he wants and noone can stop him, he can't kill all of us.

Oh, now he answers when he realises there's going to be trouble.
Show
again.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Oso »

You don't have to answer them. This was part of the post I was in the process of making when I previewed and saw that.

-----
Ender wrote:You can't even answer a simple question? @anyone who's played with him before, does he usually do this?
Not the pictures, I didn't see anything like those in the game I played with him, but 'Yes' to the attitude. He's an alt (not going to say of who) and the names he uses (I think) have meaning. Google "Javert" and you may get an idea of what I'm saying and why his not answering doesn't alarm me alignment wise.
-----

The threat of using your Day-Vig for anything other than defensible pro-town reasons, is what set me off. Certainly not your refusal to answer questions. I'm believing the claim for the moment because I see no reason, right now, why scum would claim that.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Javert »

This post is only to keep Oso in the game; I truly would like you to send the Mod a PM retracting your replacement request. This is not, as ender241 insinuates, because I am “going to be in trouble" from players, but solely because I have enjoyed the two games I have played with you, and I would like to play with you again this game as well. Your name being on the list was one of the reasons I signed up for this game, in fact.

1.)
I voted ender241 for Post 91. First, it is almost verbatim to Erratus Apathos' post, Post 90. But it has a subtle difference: while Erratus Apathos correctly pointed out that Prosaurus was more using his "newb card" to defend why he was not getting reads on players, ender241 instead claimed the "newb card" was being played in order to "get out of situations where he is going to be voted." I definitely do not get that impression from Prosaurus' post, and I think it is an overblown attack on the "newb card."

2.)
I did not vote ender241 solely because I “disagree with him” (as insinuated by Juls), but because I felt his attack stepped over the line of plausibility.

3.)
As should be evident, I do not approve of people asking others to explain votes when they have purposefully withheld an explanation for their vote.

And that should answer everybody’s questions. And finally,

4.)
I really
am
a DayVig. This is not a fake-claim. And I
will
be using my ability before Day One is through, so it is not lost in case I do not use it Day One and then I die on Night One. I may have gone a bit overboard in trying to role-play Javert here, and I apologize if you have taken offense. But it should be evident in retrospect that the main purpose of claiming now (instead of when I take my shot) is to proactively prevent lurking. Any player who tries to get away with lurking is eligible to be Vigged on principle. This should satisfy your "defensible pro-town reason" concern.

~

Now walking out the door.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Oso »

[non game]
I will send the PM retracting the request.

Since I can't send PM to folks individually during a game a blanket apology will have to do for now. Sorry folks. No excuse, the reaction was over the top and expressed it publicly as well.
[/non game]

I'll reconstruct the post I was making and post it in a bit.
-
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Jav: so why did you claim if you are a day-vig? why not keep it a secret so you could use it a later day when you have more information to make more accurate reads from?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Oso: The game you were in with Javert that he had the attitude was he town or scum?

@Javert: I still don't think people asking for a case should be pulling teeth. It certainenly didn't need the attitude with it.
*mutters*

Any reason why you don't say anything to Juls who hops on to Rhinox logic?

unvote:
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Oso »

@farside, he was town and he had the same attitude, to a lesser degree, at the beginning of that game as well. I'll link the game if you want. It was pretty impressive that he stayed un-lynched. Most everything in the game's PR interactions pointed at him being guilty as hell.

@Ender, what do you think of Javert's claim?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Oso »

Juls wrote:Oso - Other than Errastus, whom do you see as scummy?
That would be Ender. Part of the reason is pretty much a carbon copy of what Javert said when he answered. So I'll just quote that because it says what I was going to say and uses many less words.
Javert wrote:1.) I voted ender241 for Post 91. First, it is almost verbatim to Erratus Apathos' post, Post 90. But it has a subtle difference: while Erratus Apathos correctly pointed out that Prosaurus was more using his "newb card" to defend why he was not getting reads on players, ender241 instead claimed the "newb card" was being played in order to "get out of situations where he is going to be voted." I definitely do not get that impression from Prosaurus' post, and I think it is an overblown attack on the "newb card."
Which is exactly what I got out of Ender's as opposed to Erratus's vote. Erratus is saying Prosaurus is using the newb card to justify confusion "You need to start playing the game", Ender is accusing him of actively using the newb card to defelct suspicion.

In additon, since Javert's claim,
ender241 [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2933307#p2933307]Post-117[/url] wrote:..
Just vote him already godamnit!
He's trying it on
, it's like saying "I'm the bomb, the last person to vote me so i am lynched will die." Which is basically warning us off voting for him so he gets away with doing what he wants and noone can stop him,
he can't kill all of us
First bold.
"He is trying it on..."
, implies he thinks it not true. Second bold
"...he can't kill all of us."
Not 100% confirmation that he knows Javert is actually a Day-Vig but 100% confirmation in my mind he knows Javert is town.

Reference that with Ender's
  • Post-113:Start answering questions, i doubt your a DayVig.
  • Post-114:Basically your using "Day-vig" as your excuse to say what you want.
And you see what I am getting at. The
"...he can't kill all of us."
is pretty much smoking gun confirmation that Ender
KNOWS
Javert is town and most probably telling the exact truth about his role.

So you can the question in my last post Ender for the rest of the thread if you want. I'm no longer concerned with the answer though.

UNVOTE: Erratus Apathos

VOTE: ender241
-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”