Newbie 1087: Welcome To The Jungle (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Did you really think I was scum, when it came down to it?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by jindori »

I thought you looked scummish but there were two other scummier players aka ray and toxic so i kinda pushed you aside. But then ajolin really annoyed me and i thought deserved to get voted off I actually didn't care if he was scum or not.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by ajolin »

I thought Ray was scum at first, but I have to be honest, he did a good job of putting me off his trail by defending me after that first quick hammer. I was suspicious of voided for a long time. Maybe 3 or 4 of his posts in. He seemed to be null leaning scum for the whole time since my first read. I only really thought Toxic was scum because he set me up to die, and even when Ray put down his vote Ray still had me thinking he was just convinced town that disregarded my post. The only reason I knew DX was town, or anything at all, was because if he was scum he would have just hammered me when he had the chance. There was literally no reason for a scum not to do that, and at least some reason for a town to do that. In any case, I really want to say Ray played his role pretty well. It was unexpected when I saw that he was scum, even though it was a bit obvious in the end.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by RayFrost »

When you self-voted, I actually started writing a post that said...

rayfrost wrote:From a town perspective, ajolin should unvote and toic should as well. Unless you are almost 100% certain the person you're voting is scum, voting early in lylo is a terrible, terrible idea. Don't do it. We should also mass claim [insert my mass claim post that I had here]

From a scum perspective:
Vote: Ajolin

GG
don't you feel silly now?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

jmj3000 wrote:Back-up mod here, with a bit of advice: 1) Never put a vote out as soon as the day starts in LYLO. You are just begging scum to quickhammer if you do. 2) Never give up. Even when it looks like all is lost and you are going to be lynched, keep pulling evidence and making cases. You never know when you might find something that will make people believe you are town.

And now, off I go to read so I can give personalized advice.

RayFrost wrote:When you self-voted, I actually started writing a post that said...

rayfrost wrote:From a town perspective, ajolin should unvote and toic should as well. Unless you are almost 100% certain the person you're voting is scum, voting early in lylo is a terrible, terrible idea. Don't do it. We should also mass claim [insert my mass claim post that I had here]

From a scum perspective:
Vote: Ajolin

GG

I realize that voting so quickly during lylo isn't the best thing to do, I was aware of that when I cast the vote, but ajolin seemed suspicious enough for me. I could see a noob-town pulling two quick hammers,
I guess
, but it just didn't feel right. I still don't understand how he can pull such a God awful player like that and not even care. Simply. Amazing.

ajolin wrote:Toxic, it doesn't matter why I think you're scum. I'm getting lynched this round no matter what, and the town will loose. GG Toxic.

ajolin wrote:"Townies don't pull two quick hammers like that. They just don't." WIFOM. Maybe town would do it because you would assume no scum would be dumb enough to double quickhammer. Maybe scum would do it for the same reason. Assuming somebody "just wouldn't do something" no matter what is flat out wrong. There's a lot of people who would never do something ever, and then they get put in a circumstance where it would be the best possible option. Never say "never."

It was also apparent to me by these two posts that ajolin didn't care about the game at all and was going to make no reasonable attempt to keep himself from getting lynched in the case that he was actually a town-aligned player. It was a really bad play, and it ruined the game.

I was starting to get suspicious of you, RayFrost, when you let ajolin off on his first quick-hammer, even though I kinda agreed with you at first. By the time ajolin hammered the second time, though, I figured that he was either the most arrogant scum I've ever seen or that the game was ruined fro town at that point, anyway.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

toxictaipan wrote:It was also apparent to me by these two posts that ajolin didn't care about the game at all and was going to make no reasonable attempt to keep himself from getting lynched in the case that he was actually a town-aligned player. It was a really bad play, and it ruined the game.

I was starting to get suspicious of you, RayFrost, when you let ajolin off on his first quick-hammer, even though I kinda agreed with you at first. By the time ajolin hammered the second time, though, I figured that he was either the most arrogant scum I've ever seen or that the game was ruined fro town at that point, anyway.

I couldn't agree with these two paragraphs more.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The initial letting him off was actually proper on my part, as it was a sincere mistake as per not knowing proper play.
don't you feel silly now?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”