O299 - dh's mafia game of fun amazingness, for real (gaem)

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

O299 - dh's mafia game of fun amazingness, for real (gaem)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Moderator: DemonHybrid

still rockin out:

1. Quilford, Vanilla Townie
Nobody Special

3. Quaroath, Vanilla Townie *
4. Elsa von Spielburg, Vanilla Townie
5. iamausername, Town Roleblocker
7. Amrun, Vanilla Townie
Cmpukahi

8. ThAdmiral, Vanilla Townie
11. Debonair Danny DiPietro, Vanilla Townie
12. TheJakalope, Town Cop *

* = number of prods

kinda dead, bro:

2. Sparx,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 1.
10. Thor665,
Town Doctor
, was killed Night 1.
6. chkflip,
Mafia Roleblocker
, was lynched Day 2.
9. don_johnson,
Mafia Godfather
, was lynched Day 3.

do not want (modkilled):

rulez:

1. You use votes to lynch (
Vote: DemonHybrid
). A majority vote lynches a player. The deadline will lynch the person in the lead. If there's a tie, first one in the lead dies.
2. You can no-lynch (
Vote: No-Lynch
). No lynch occurs when half (majority when half is not possible) of the players vote for it.
3. Please bold your votes and unvotes or else they don't count. You don't need to unvote, but I'd like it.
4. Don't talk in real life about the game (meaning face-to-face, off-site communication, through any Instant Messenger clients or through e-mails, etc...basically, keep all talk about this game IN this thread.)
5. No secret messages using size tags or other trickery.
6. Don't quote my PMs, fake or not. You can quote my in-thread posts.
7. If you're the lynchee, don't talk. If you're dead, you're dead; don't talk. As much as I like zombie movies, this is my world, and as such, there will be no living dead, and therefore, no "Bah!" post.
8. You can talk in twilight unless you're the lynchee.
9. Don't use personal attacks.
10. If I make a mistake, let me know.
11. I'll vote count every page, but if I slack, let me know.
12. Please use V/LA if you aren't going to post within 3 days.
13. I'll prod you if you don't post after 3 days. 3 prods and I'm replacing you. You have 48 hours to respond to a prod before I replace you. For those coming off of V/LA, you have 1 full day to post (midnight of return date until midnight of the next day, EDT) or else you will be prodded.
14. You can leave the game if you wish, but don't do it jokingly.
15. Days are 2 weeks. Extensions are 3 days, and you can vote for them.
16. I'm the mod. Whatever I say, goes.
17. I post in bolded dark orange, so don't use it. Other colors are ok.
18. Modkills turn you into Neutral Survivor. They end the day if the modkilled player is town, they do NOT end the day if he/she is scum.
19. Play to your wincon. I'll be the judge of that, and I'm pretty reasonable on judging actions either playing to or against wincon. Voting for yourself to play towards your win-con is okay; outing scumbuddies and self-hammering for fun is not.
20. Don't post elsewhere on mafiascum about this thread, and don't quote anything from the game in your signature until the game is over IF it has to do with core game content.

All night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution.

If by some chance there are two roleblockers regardless of faction and one roleblocker affects the other roleblocker's job for that night, I will randomize which roleblocker gets priority.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 25 times in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

C9++ is an open set-up with multiple variations generated randomly:

Spoiler: The nitty-gritty of the set-up
Fiasco wrote:12 players. Night start. No unusual mechanics. Roles are selected as follows:

First, generate 7 letters from the following distribution:

50% T
15% C
10% D
10% V
10% M
5% B

MOD NOTE: I will generate a random number from 1-100 7 times from random.org. If it lands 1-50, it's a T, 51-65 = C, 66-75 = D, 76-85 = V, 86-95 = M, 96-100 = B.

Then turn the letters into roles using the following tables. Probabilities are for 0 letters, 1 letter, etc.

C = sane cop + 1-3 millers (millerhood is distributed randomly among non-cop, non-scum, non-child)
CC = sane cop
CCC = sane cop + insane cop
CCCC = sane cop + sane cop
CCCCC = sane cop + sane cop + insane cop
CCCCCC = sane cop + sane cop + sane cop

(32%, 40%, 21%, 6%, 1%, .1%, .007%)

D = doc
DD = doc + backup doc
DDD = doc + doc
DDDD = doc + doc + backup doc
DDDDD = doc + doc + doc

(48%, 37%, 12%, 2%, .3%, .02%)

V = vig
VV = vig + one-shot vig
VVV = vig + vig
VVVV = vig + vig + one-shot vig
VVVVV = vig + vig + vig

M = innocent child
MM = 2 masons
MMM = 2 masons + innocent child
MMMM = 3 masons
MMMMM = 2 masons + 2 masons

B = blocker
BB = blocker + backup blocker
BBB = blocker + blocker
BBBB = blocker + blocker + backup blocker

(70%, 26%, 4%, .4%, .02%)

TTTTTTT = mafia goon + mafia godfather
TTTTTT = mafia goon + mafia godfather + serial killer (DI, BI)
TTTTT = mafia goon + mafia goon + mafia godfather
TTTT = mafia goon + mafia goon + mafia godfather + serial killer (DI, BI, KI)
TTT = mafia goon + mafia blocker + mafia godfather
TT = mafia goon + mafia blocker + mafia godfather + serial killer (DI, BI, CI, KI)
T = mafia spy + mafia blocker + mafia godfather
0 = mafia spy + mafia blocker + mafia godfather + serial killer (DI, BI, CI, KI, SI, RB)

(.8%, 5%, 16%, 27%, 27%, 16%, 5%, .8%; exactly 50% of all games have a serial killer)

Mafia GF appears to cops as a townie (Added: Both sanities). Mafia Spy learns one targeted player's role type each night (T/C/D/V/M/B). (The SK can tell the mod how he wants to appear to the Spy; if the Spy investigates the SK, the SK is notified.)

DI = each kill bypasses single doc protect (but not more)
BI = bypasses single roleblock attempt each night (but not more)
KI = survives one kill attempt each night (but not more)
CI = appears to cops as a townie (Added: Both sanities)
SI = appears to mafia spy as desired
RB = has a roleblock ability usable once

No role can target itself.

All kills are indistinguishable.

The mafia and SK know their own abilities. Mafia and SK abilities, cop sanity, and millerhood are not revealed on death.

Last team standing wins. If everyone dies, SK wins or mafia and town draw.

So in other words, depending on the RNG's mad whims, the following roles are possible (with Mafia/SK firepower affected by the town's roles):

Town:
Sane cop of unknown sanity, insane cop of unknown sanity, unknowing miller, doctor, back-up doctor, vigilante, one-shot vigilante, innocent child, mason, roleblocker, back-up roleblocker
Mafia:
Goon, godfather, roleblocker, spy
Serial Killer
(50% chance of appearing in the game)
:
Doctor/roleblock/kill/cop/spy inspection immune and/or one-shot roleblocker

Town roles will be revealed on death (other than cop sanity and millerhood), but not Mafia or SK abilities.

Remember that this is a
night start
game. All roles may choose an action on N0, or withhold. If I receive no PM from a player before the night is over, I will treat this as no action.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

sample roles go

Vanilla Townie
heysup. this is demonhybrids mafia game of fun amazingness, for real. definitely the best game ever, so try not to spray your brains on the wall as you play through this mindblowing, exciting and enchanting experience

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Vanilla Townie
. pretty cool role, dude!

Powers: you don't have any powers, except your vote to lynch.

Wincon: u win when all threats to the town are dead or nothing prevents that, whether ur alive or not. a townie needs to be alive at the end in order for u to win

confirm by PM.

Town Cop
heysup. this is demonhybrids mafia game of fun amazingness, for real. definitely the best game ever, so try not to spray your brains on the wall as you play through this mindblowing, exciting and enchanting experience

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Cop
. bad boyyyz whatchya gonna doooo

Powers: every night but only once a night, u can PM me a person's name whose alignment u wanna know and ill give you a response at the end of the night if ur alive to get it. also, u cant investigate yourself; that'd be so uncool.

Wincon: u win when all threats to the town are dead or nothing prevents that, whether ur alive or not. a townie needs to be alive at the end in order for u to win

confirm by PM.

Town Doctor

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Doctor
. bring amber lamps.

Powers: every night but only once a night, u can PM me a person's name that you wanna protect from a single night kill that night. also, u cant protect urself, that'd just be silly.

confirm by PM.

Town Vig

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Vigilante
. u wanna be like the g**d**n
batman
, so you shoot people. however, batman never kills people, so ur completely missing the point

Powers: every night but only once a night, u can PM me a person's name who u wanna kill. u can't kill urself. kinda morbid, dont u think?

confirm by PM.

Town One-Shot Vig

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town One-Shot Vigilante
. like a weaker batman.

Powers: once this game and during the night, u can PM me a person's name who u wanna kill. u can't kill urself. kinda morbid, dont u think?

confirm by PM.

Town Roleblocker

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Roleblocker
. ur like that annoying survey dude that hangs out at the mall, distracting people constantly

Powers: every night but only once a night, u can PM me a person's name who you wanna roleblock, stopping all night actions from dat person. u cant roleblock urself or else you create a TIME PARADOX AND DESTROY THE WORLD

confirm by PM.

Town Backup Doctor

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Backup Doctor
. basically ur like House M.D; u dont do anything until life forces u to fix the problem. jerk.

Powers: you don't have any powers except ur vote to lynch until a Town Doctor dies; at that point, you become a doctor and can protect ppl once a night every night from one night kill. u can't protect urself.

confirm by PM.

Town Backup Roleblocker

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Backup Roleblocker
. for when someone finally snaps and punches that mall survey dude in the face.

Powers: you don't have any powers except ur vote to lynch until a Town Roleblocker dies; at that point, you become a roleblocker and can roleblock ppl once a night every night, stopping any night actions from them. u can't roleblock urself.

confirm by PM.

Town Mason

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Mason
. go get ur sneakers, mr rogers

Powers: every night, u can talk to ur mason buddy/buddies here: LINK. u know that he/she/they is/are a/all Town Mason(s). p sweet, dude!

confirm by PM.

Town Innocent Child

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Town Innocent Child
. dont thank. u dont thank for this. ur like a baaaby. making noise, dont know what to do.

Powers: at the beginning of the game, ill tell everyone that you're Town. after that, u don't have any powers except ur vote to lynch.

confirm by PM.

Serial Killer

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Serial Killer
. helloooo clariiice

Powers: every night but only once a night, u can send me a PM with the name of the player u wanna kill.

also, check it; you get the following powers for each X'd box:

[ ] each kill bypasses single doc protect (but not more)
[ ] bypasses single roleblock attempt each night (but not more)
[ ] survives one kill attempt each night (but not more)
[ ] appears to cops as a townie (Added: Both sanities)
[ ] appears to mafia spy as desired
[ ] one-shot roleblock ability

Wincon: u win when everyone else is dead and u are the only one still alive. if everyone dies including u, u still win.

confirm by PM.

Mafia Goon

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Mafia Goon
. fuhgetaboutit

Powers: you and your mafia friend(s) (REDACTED) are pretty evil dudes, so you can kill once per night at the discretion of the mafia team. you gotsta specify who does the kill, too.

Wincon: u win when the Mafia is in a state where they cannot lose or eliminate all anti-mafia playerz, whether ur alive or not. a member of the mafia needs to be alive for u to win.

confirm by PM.

Mafia Godfather

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Mafia Godfather
. like marlon brando, but more nerdy

Powers: you and your mafia friend(s) (REDACTED) are pretty evil dudes, so you can kill once per night at the discretion of the mafia team. you gotsta specify who does the kill, too. also, u show up innocent if investigated! totally neat!

Wincon: u win when the Mafia is in a state where they cannot lose or eliminate all anti-mafia playerz, whether ur alive or not. a member of the mafia needs to be alive for u to win.

confirm by PM.

Mafia Roleblocker

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Mafia Roleblocker
. kinda like mr blonde in reservoir dogs, tying people up and listening to stealers wheel

Powers: you and your mafia friend(s) (REDACTED) are pretty evil dudes, so you can kill once per night at the discretion of the mafia team. you gotsta specify who does the kill, too. also, u can stop someone once a night and only during the night from committing night actions. u can not kill and block in the same night

confirm by PM.

Mafia Spy

Role:
NAME
, ur a
Mafia Spy
. some sort of kickass evil james bond.

Powers: you and your mafia friend(s) (REDACTED) are pretty evil dudes, so you can kill once per night at the discretion of the mafia team. you gotsta specify who does the kill, too. also, once per night and only during the night, u can investigate someone and find out the letter associated with their role (T, C, D, V, M, B) but you wont learn their exact role, just the letter and category. u cant spy and kill in the same night.

confirm by PM.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

role pms are going out

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

once 10 people confirm, night zero will start (changed from 11; 10/12 seems to be the norm for confirmation stages.)

confirmation status: 10/12
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:01 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

FlavorAs the sun dawns on a beautiful day, John opened his eyes. He got out of bed and walked around his room. He wondered to himself, "I wonder where my wife is....man, I have the perfect life" as he stepped outside of his house...

....suddenly, ROBOTS ATTACK! People run screaming through the streets! Robots start eating people one by one!

John immediately springs into action. He runs into his house and grabs his spare 9MM pistol from his desk. Running out of the house, he aims steadily at the first giant robot that he sees and pops multiple rounds into the robot's head.

*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!*

The robot falls. Suddenly, the other robots catch wind of John's resistance! They start to move over as John continues his defense.

*BLAM BLAM!*

Out of nowhere, giant raptors run out from the forest from behind John's house! They run up and start attacking the giant robots! One by one, the raptors take down the robots! One raptor was even being ridden by John's wife, who happened to be a psychic sorceress and was able to predict the oncoming alien robot attack!

With the raptors as new allies, the world rejoiced! They all sat down and partied for the day! The city's mayor decided to decree that that day shall forever be known as a holiday; it would be "Raptor Day"! Everyone cheered and John lived happily ever after.

Meanwhile, on a different plane of existence, a tall lanky nerd writes the words "it is now night zero, deadline's in 3 days, so send in ur night actions" on a gaming website. As he finishes, he scratches his face and takes a sip of his tea and a bite of his leftover sandwich from lunch.

it is now night zero, deadline's in 3 days, so send in ur night actions

Deadline is April 9th, 2011, but I'm going to be extending it to 6:00 PM EDT instead of 11:00 AM. I'm going to be super busy that day, so apologies. Have your night actions in by then, please.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:06 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Flavor12 nerdy people woke up, logged onto their computers and checked their really badly put together game of mafia. And they all found out they were still playing. How about that?

Nobody died Night 0.

It is now Day 1. Deadline is Saturday, April 23rd at 6:00 PM EDT. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch.

VOTE COUNT
Day 1 Vote Count (#1)

Not voting - 12 (Nobody Special, Sparx, Quaroath, Elsa von Spielburg, iamausername, chkflip, Cmpukahi, ThAdmiral, don_johnson, Thor665, Debonair Danny Dipietro, TheJakalope)

The deadline for Day 1 is April 23rd, 6:00 PM EDT. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to No Lynch.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

And away we go;

Vote: TheJakalope

For being part rabbit.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Vote: Thor

Because I said so.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Hiya thor

vote: iamausername
because I think you're lying
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hey Admiral.

Unvote: TheJakalope
Vote: iamausername
Sparx
Sparx
Townie
Sparx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Sparx »

Vote: Debonair Danny Dipietro

Why? because it's unreasonably long name.
~~Sparx~~
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

Vote: "Bubba" Sparx

Bubba-shuga pusha.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

VOTE: Sparx

He's probably scum.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Quaroath »

vote chkflip
cause damnit, i was right!
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mainly why you were shot N1 tbh. :o
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Yeah I kinda figured that out =p
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by chkflip »

I knew your RVS vote was riddled with OMGUS. >_>
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: ddd

tough read. game is better off without him. he knows this.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Vote: don_johnson

That seems quite vindictive. "Tough to read he is scum or town" or "His posts are tough to read because of the way he writes"?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:18 am

Post by don_johnson »

tough to read because he always reads town. thats how he wins as scum. do you have a better choice for me to vote?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 am

Considering I don't know any of these people... *shrug*. Your guess is as good as mine. Policy lynch away.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ok then.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

How about you bandwagon lynch instead, iamusername has two votes on him and knows he's busted scum which is why he's hiding from our righteous vengeance.

@Elsa - So...you're "good" with don's policy lynch now? Why are you still voting him then? I would currently support someone voting you so I could bandwagon in and justify leaving this sweet two vote wagon I'm currently on.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Thor665 wrote:How about you bandwagon lynch instead, iamusername has two votes on him and knows he's busted scum which is why he's hiding from our righteous vengeance.

@Elsa - So...you're "good" with don's policy lynch now? Why are you still voting him then? I would currently support someone voting you so I could bandwagon in and justify leaving this sweet two vote wagon I'm currently on.
Not really good with any vote right now, it's RVS so far. Not everyone has even checked in yet. I'm still voting him because I can.

Return to “Completed Open Games”