Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Hats of to GreyICE, Hiraki and LLD. You three could have won the game individually if it had come to it.

With that said I'm not a fan of the setup to be honest, I don't like the inclusion of a mechanic that kills of a mafia while mafia have no imput in the matter.

I do however think it would be slightly better if the setup was open though, the fact town didn't know it was lylo was just cruel.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Pine wrote:Son of a bitch. During the night I got killed, I figured out LLD was almost-certain scum, and Grey (who was buddying up to her all game) probably was too. And I had Hiraki as scum from the start. I'd have mislynched TheLonging though, so good kill and well done.
BTW, how the HELL did you guess I was buddying my scumbuddies? I figured if I ninja night flipped, me buddying Hiraki and LLD would be like 'oh well they're even MORE town' since why would scum buddy scum?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Pine »

Because that's how I think ;)

As scum, do what is not expected.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:59 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Seriously, I gotta give props to CoolDog (and Toog in the later game, but even HE didn't VOTE me.)

Only one who ever voiced suspicion of me, only one who ever voted me.

He's still gotta learn how to make better cases though.
Okay, for my own benefit I want some criticism of my play. The above is good and I will start working on doing that.
I don't care how bad yuo comments are you can call my play shit for all I care. I just need input.

also, I caught da scums! IF LLD had flipped scum I would have gone over to grey and asked him about his buddy...
after a wank.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:07 am

Post by GreyICE »

@CD: I thought you weren't bad. Day 1, King was a good push, it really took the Hiraki flip to drive home that he was anti-town town, not scum. You also handled your suspicions of Toog pretty solidly. I was wondering if you'd sheep me, but you never did. Your evaluation of the Furcolow case was solid, and you were right to be suspicious. We pegged Furcolow as a free mislynch in our QT. Additionally you resisted my buddying attempts, which actually worked very well on you in Brotherhood (I damn near got you to shoot UK :P ).

Your biggest mistake is that you never attempted to build or work with a town coalition. AFAIK you thought Slaxx and me were very town, and you didn't attempt to work with us together to hit high value targets. A strong town coalition would have done a lot to prevent us from moving around. Yes, it would inevitably included me and/or Hiraki, but derailing the Furcolow wagon (since slaxx knew furry was town) and shutting down some of the dumber pushes (I even TOLD Tajo he was a free mislynch :P). While you might think having scum in your 'town coalition' is HORRIBLE (and it can be) it constrains our votes because we have to be sensible to the rest of the coalition. When everyone's theoretically playing as 'free agents' the amount of influence we have over the lynch is HUGELY magnified. It wasn't helped by our vast voting block, but literally no townie had the weight to move a scum wagon forward. We never hit a third vote on us at any point in the game (excepting possibly Exe), and there was rarely even two.

That honestly was the town's biggest weakness. At no point did anyone take their strong town reads and try to work with them. Everyone always flying solo, which meant that the town was a pile of problems.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 am

Post by CooLDoG »

^great info thanks. Also why are you stalking me? It will be three games in a row that I have played with you (I'm in that mini normal you replaced into).
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”