chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ITT MoI is Hades?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am

Post by chesskid3 »

rolefishing like a champ btw
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:07 am

Post by quadz08 »

Gandalf, the isssue is that we all got the same survey. Scum fakeclaims a role and massages their answers to the survey, and voila! We achieve nothing.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Hi, everyone. Time for some Götterdämmerung I guess.
Let's look at the player list to start with.
Hmmm...
Looks good. But Gandalf and Chess need to go. Good day one lynches for now.
vote Gandalf
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Banish: ShadowDancer

that was amusing.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 am

Post by chesskid3 »

to clarify, thgat's me policy killling idiots who are up for Policy lynching me

Any more takers?
Does Chesskid have any more shots?
FIND OUT
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 am

Post by chesskid3 »

oh and apologies gandalf
Unvote

Vote: Chronopie

join meeeeeeeee
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:33 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Is that a real kill chesskid?

@LordChronos: I'd also like to know what you mean by "an actual vote," considering that at that point, we were still firmly in the RVS.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Chesskid wrote:rolefishing like a champ btw
So who again is role-fishing? I'm confused since your post lacks any attribution. And if its Gandalf why unvote him?
Chesskid wrote:Any more takers?
Does Chesskid have any more shots?
FIND OUT
Actually I want to find out if you even had one ‘shot’. I’m guessing no but let’s see …

--
SD wrote:Hi, everyone. Time for some Götterdämmerung I guess.
So you invoke mythology from the Norse Mythos when clearly the scum element is Non-Greek Gods? Scumtastic.

UNVOTE: Mothrax
VOTE: ShadowDancer
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Actually after readig I found out that Chess is incredibly more annoying than Gandalf.

Unvote. Vote Chess

And who's talking about policy lynch? As long as nothing more scummy happens it's a perfectly valid scum, lynch. And I totally endorse that lynch right now.

I take Magna as confirmed town, based on his claim.
Magna wrote:So you invoke mythology from the Norse Mythos when clearly the scum element is Non-Greek Gods? Scumtastic.
Doesn't this feel a bit like a prequel to you?
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:54 am

Shadow Dancer wrote:Actually after readig I found out that Chess is incredibly more annoying than Gandalf.

Unvote. Vote Chess

And who's talking about policy lynch? As long as nothing more scummy happens it's a perfectly valid scum, lynch. And I totally endorse that lynch right now.

I take Magna as confirmed town, based on his claim.
Magna wrote:So you invoke mythology from the Norse Mythos when clearly the scum element is Non-Greek Gods? Scumtastic.
Doesn't this feel a bit like a prequel to you?
In no way is Magna confirmed. His claim was a pro-town action, but nothing in his claim makes him inherently town, nor is it confirmed as true.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

He basically claims that he needs to be killed, when in doubt even by a town vig, name one plausible scum motivation to do this!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

SD wrote:I take Magna as confirmed town, based on his claim.
This is what I call a Plum-tell … specifically from Andy’s last Mini Game LOTR.

1. Pick out a stronger player not on your scum-team you know is Town.
2. Find some flimsy excuse to call them obv-Town or confirmed.
3. ?????
4. Profit

Except the ???? is you getting lynched for botched buddy-up.

Plum pulled this exact move with a Fate-hydra in LOTR and eventually got lynched for it.

Ranger has it right – my claim far from confirms me as Town.

My vote looks very good where it is.
SD wrote:Doesn't this feel a bit like a prequel to you?
Did you miss the part where both pre-game dead bodies were Greek mythos gods / figures? Or the part in either the sign-up or original advertising that Andy specifically said the Greek Mythos was the Town faction?

I’m pretty sure your role-Pm didn’t tell you …
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 am

Vote: Shadowdancer

Assuming he isn't already dead, this seems like a good vote for page 3
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

*Facepalm*
You know what a figuratiive meaning or a metaphor is, Magna, right? It's not the exact literal meaning. Of course this is not Ragnarök. But there will be a great many of dead deities at the end of this.

Ranger, cool logic. "I ignore all reasonable objections and just pretend to be right as if I wasn't just asked a question." Hint: You are not really an omniscient god. That's only your role PM. And mysterious ways can be a lynchable offense.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

SD is dead already
chronopie wagon please
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh and Magna please confirm/deny Hades
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Katy »

AGar wrote:
^ This.

"Why are you questioning her, dude? It's totally not called for."

But no vote, or followup. Just a very weak jab, serving no purpose really.
It does have a purpose, though. My question wasn't rhetorical, I actually want to know the answer - why is it relevant to those players that Snow_Bunny voted for a mod other than a player?

I would follow up or vote after the question was answered. I don't necessarily think questioning Snow_Bunny on its own was scummy or "not called for," but it does fit in with behavior I tend to look for at the start of the game from scum, so I thought I'd ask some questions about it. Only after I hear the answers would I be able to decide if I thought it was scummy or not.

Also, I'm probably going to be a bit slow to vote in general--since I'm playing in a hydra I'd like to make sure both of us are on the same page and have had a chance to give our thoughts before placing votes and unvotes willy-nilly and looking crazy.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 am

Shadow Dancer wrote:*Facepalm*
You know what a figuratiive meaning or a metaphor is, Magna, right? It's not the exact literal meaning. Of course this is not Ragnarök. But there will be a great many of dead deities at the end of this.

Ranger, cool logic. "I ignore all reasonable objections and just pretend to be right as if I wasn't just asked a question." Hint: You are not really an omniscient god. That's only your role PM. And mysterious ways can be a lynchable offense.
What's the scum motivation? How about getting people to think they're town? How about gaining some ability to lead the town? I'm not claiming that Magna is scum. So far, I don't think he is. What I am saying is that calling Magna confirmed is wrong at best and scummy at worst.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:44 am

Post by LordChronos »

@Gemini

I asked because I feel that voting the mod is a cop out. It lets a player avoid actually making a vote that counts while still appearing to be doing something. For Snow Bunny it may be a town tell or it may be null. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
I'm a talking computer.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

That's really bad WIFOM. Sacraficing a scum member right away to maybe gain some slight influence on some easily impressed townie is hardly an advantageous tactic for scum. Not convincing. And how it's "scummy at worst" needs some elaboration. Seems like you desperately need to graso at straws.

Unvote. Vote Ranger
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Every time he posts
I get more and more glad he's dead
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am

@Shadow Dancer: I'm not the one claiming wifom. Your logic if horrible. I'm done arguing with you.

@Lord Chronos: Please answer my question
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Katy »

I don't think Magna claiming hated townie confirms him as town, but it does make me lean that way. Given that this is a power-heavy game, I think there's still a possibility that he could be a scum or third-party who gets some advantage from this claim, depending on what his actual powers are. But if that is his actual role, his claim was a pro-town move. I would lean town on him, but I would say that calling him confirmed is really premature.

@LordChronos - Okay, I get that reasoning, but how much do you think a normal random vote "counts"? Do you think a scum player would be more likely to vote for the mod or to just make a totally random vote like everyone else to fit in? Also, one more thing and then I will probably leave you alone - do you have any prior experience that makes you think this is a scum tell?
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Gemini »

I suck ... I didn't realize that the site had logged me in as me, rather than hydra. For purposes of ISO, those last posts from me were:
Katy wrote:
AGar wrote: ^ This.

"Why are you questioning her, dude? It's totally not called for."

But no vote, or followup. Just a very weak jab, serving no purpose really.
It does have a purpose, though. My question wasn't rhetorical, I actually want to know the answer - why is it relevant to those players that Snow_Bunny voted for a mod other than a player?

I would follow up or vote after the question was answered. I don't necessarily think questioning Snow_Bunny on its own was scummy or "not called for," but it does fit in with behavior I tend to look for at the start of the game from scum, so I thought I'd ask some questions about it. Only after I hear the answers would I be able to decide if I thought it was scummy or not.

Also, I'm probably going to be a bit slow to vote in general--since I'm playing in a hydra I'd like to make sure both of us are on the same page and have had a chance to give our thoughts before placing votes and unvotes willy-nilly and looking crazy.
Katy wrote:I don't think Magna claiming hated townie confirms him as town, but it does make me lean that way. Given that this is a power-heavy game, I think there's still a possibility that he could be a scum or third-party who gets some advantage from this claim, depending on what his actual powers are. But if that is his actual role, his claim was a pro-town move. I would lean town on him, but I would say that calling him confirmed is really premature.

@LordChronos - Okay, I get that reasoning, but how much do you think a normal random vote "counts"? Do you think a scum player would be more likely to vote for the mod or to just make a totally random vote like everyone else to fit in? Also, one more thing and then I will probably leave you alone - do you have any prior experience that makes you think this is a scum tell?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”