Open 302: JUNGLE REPUB nope game over! Party time!

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

hmm

if this game had only one scum faction I'd be tempted to say one of neil/empking/magna has to be scum after these interactions

however it's more complicated since there's 2

hmmm
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Empking »

Twistedspoon wrote:hmm

if this game had only one scum faction I'd be tempted to say one of neil/empking/magna has to be scum after these interactions

How so?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

looks too strong to be town v town in my experience and It looks too disorganised and 3-way to be a bus

however I don't know what to think since we have 2 scum factions :/

need more opinions. Looks like just you 3 so far
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 am

Post by neil1113 »

twistedspoon wrote:if this game had only one scum faction I'd be tempted to say one of neil/empking/magna has to be scum after these interactions
Care to expound? Or do you just like stopping by, saying "one of these guys could be scum! Wait, maybe not?" and then leaving?
Empking wrote:
I have a feeling I'm going to regret this conversation...
Why did you say this?
It's funny how hard it is for you to comprehend a single sentence. Here, let me go into detail for you.

1 (You're inability to actually make cases based off of your Meta) + 1 (You're Village Idiot playing style, again based off of your Meta and already proven here) + 1 (The idea of arguing with someone that doesn't usually make sense, and doesn't usually have valid points) = 3 (The idea that I'm probably going to regret conversing with the above description of a person.) I could've been wrong, sure! But, you've now proven me right.
Empking wrote:Misrep. (you can try to discredit somebody based off anything it need not be an insult.)
Ad-Hom: An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument toward the person" or "argument against the person"), is an argument which links the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.

Which part of this conversation is an argument based off of a characteristic or belief that I have about you? Can you point that out? We have not been arguing the validity of your Meta, I've pointed it out, and you've shut up about it. You're problem, is that I'm seeing you scummy based on your response to it. But you seem to think I was convinced you were scum before the vote, and THAT'S why I voted.. The problem with this view, is that I already laid out why I voted for you. I never once call you scum, until you started responding. Then I started describing your actions as scummy.
Empking wrote:
neil wrote:(What I actually said:) The largest wagon? 2 votes? Hmm.
Empking wrote:(You taking it out of context:) You don't think it was the largest wagon.
neil wrote:(According to the context in which you quoted me:) I didn't say that.
What bull.
Now just to be clear, you're accusing me of lying correct? Before I respond, I'd like to know what exactly you're accusation here is?
Empking wrote:I can see why MOI has such a high scum win rate. Pretty clever plan of you two.
Just a question: You think if you can catch us as scum, a few pages into the game, when it first starts, that we'd have a GOOD scum win rate? Really? What logical sense does that make? Are you really that much better then every other person we've ever played with, that you could catch us in such short notice? Think about it...
Empking wrote:So you were just stating a fact with complete disinterest? Its sheer coincidence that the person you simply stated a fact about was the person voting you?

Y or N?
Its not difficult.
Lol Emp. You've yet to respond to my points. But 1. No, I was stating a fact for the purpose of this game, so that people have an idea of your playing style before you start with your VI tendencies. 2. No it's not sheer coincidence, it was funny coincidence, as my whole first post of the game concerning you, you happened to prove my point before I even posted it. So thanks. Now respond to my post, properly please?

"Its not difficult."
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Empking »

No it's not sheer coincidence
it was funny coincidence
Sheer means nothing anbd funny is irrelevant in this context. Which one was it?
You think if you can catch us as scum, a few pages into the game, when it first starts, that we'd have a GOOD scum win rate?
1. You botched it.
2. MOI will still go on to win.
Now just to be clear, you're accusing me of lying correct? Before I respond, I'd like to know what exactly you're accusation here is?
No I'm accusing you of deliberately trying to screw over the town by adding stuff like "?" so you can can say you didn't actually say something when we both knew what you meant.
Which part of this conversation is an argument based off of a characteristic or belief that I have about you?
You were pretty clear that you poisoning the well against me in order to defend yourself.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
Why did you
say
this?
I think you deliberately refused to answer this. I've bolded it now so you can give it another go.

Twisted: All multiple scum teams means it that while neil and MOI are still ceratainally scum, I may be part of the other scum team.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 am

Post by neil1113 »

Empking wrote:
No it's not sheer coincidence
it was funny coincidence
Sheer means nothing anbd funny is irrelevant in this context. Which one was it?
... "it was funny coincidence." I don't understand why you would ask which one it was? That's pretty clear?
Empking wrote:
You think if you can catch us as scum, a few pages into the game, when it first starts, that we'd have a GOOD scum win rate?
1. You botched it.
2. MOI will still go on to win.
Lol okay.
Empking wrote:
No I'm accusing you of deliberately trying to screw over the town by adding stuff like "?" so you can can say you didn't actually say something when we both knew what you meant.
So you're not accusing me of lying. Okay.
Empking wrote:
Which part of this conversation is an argument based off of a characteristic or belief that I have about you?
You were pretty clear that you poisoning the well against me in order to defend yourself.
I had no reason to "defend" myself, because you had (and still have) no case?

P-Edit: I've already addressed that question. Twice now.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:26 am

Post by neil1113 »

Empking wrote:Twisted: All multiple scum teams means it that while neil and MOI are still ceratainally scum, I may be part of the other scum team.
I'm going to pull a question out of your book now. You think it's coincidence that the two people you're just "so absolutely sure" are scum that you're ready to go tell the world, are the two that are pushing the hardest on your wagon?

"Why is it I don't believe that?"
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Empking »

Mind showing me where you addressed it?

P-Edit:
You think it's coincidence that the two people you're just "so absolutely sure" are scum that you're ready to go tell the world, are the two that are pushing the hardest on your wagon?
OK, does anyone buy what MOI (And neil) are saying? Clearly I'm attacking my attackers, the fact that I was attacking neil before they (as in both of them rather than just one) attacked me is sheer coincidence.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 am

Post by neil1113 »

Sorry, mis-spoke. Only addressed it one time... in the only post I had since you posted that. Ironic you said I was specifically ignoring it, as though I had skipped over it multiple times. The first post I did in response to you I addressed it:
Neil_1113 wrote:
Empking wrote:
Why did you say this?
It's funny how hard it is for you to comprehend a single sentence. Here, let me go into detail for you.

1 (You're inability to actually make cases based off of your Meta) + 1 (You're Village Idiot playing style, again based off of your Meta and already proven here) + 1 (The idea of arguing with someone that doesn't usually make sense, and doesn't usually have valid points) = 3 (The idea that I'm probably going to regret conversing with the above description of a person.) I could've been wrong, sure! But, you've now proven me right.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:
Why did you
say
this?
I think you deliberately refused to answer this. I've bolded it now so you can give it another go.

Twisted: All multiple scum teams means it that while neil and MOI are still ceratainally scum, I may be part of the other scum team.
Now can you answer this?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:45 am

Post by neil1113 »

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:
Why did you
say
this?

Now can you answer this?
Seriously? I'll break down my answer for you then.
1 (You're inability to actually make cases based off of your Meta)
= This is a reason in which why I
SAID
it.
+ 1 (You're Village Idiot playing style, again based off of your Meta and already proven here)
= This is another reason, in which I
SAID
it.
+ 1 (The idea of arguing with someone that doesn't usually make sense, and doesn't usually have valid points)
= This is... can you guess? If you guessed another reason in which I said it, you'd be correct!
= 3 (The idea that I'm probably going to regret conversing with the above description of a person.) I could've been wrong, sure! But, you've now proven me right.
And this, is the conclusion in which why I would regret it. Simple enough for you? Or do you want to ask it for a 4th time?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Umbrage »

Empking (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Wickedestjr, neil1113
Wickedestjr (1) - HezLucky
MagnaofIllusion (2) - Empking, Sloth
Sloth (1) - zMuffinMan
HezLucky (1) - Twistedspoon

Not Voting: Regfan, Caboose, HezLucky, DeityKabuto, cjdrum.

neil1113 wrote:
Mod: Is it against the rules to say you are participating in a game with someone? Or is the rule there to prohibit talk about the game activities INSIDE the game?
Signups are free for all to see, so it's fine to say what games you're in. Don't talk about the game itself, though, or people's play in that game.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Neil

(I'm thinking about shifting my post every post just to make it clear.)

His outrageous AtE and refusing to answer the question.

MOI: Does neil have to post everything he thinks or is he avoiding the question? (Watch how he either refuses to answer the question or makes it ridiculously non-commital.)
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 am

Post by neil1113 »

@Mod: Thank you, my points been proven.

Emp: You're purposely playing as a joke aren't you? My "outrageous" AtE which by the way, you conveniently ignored when I asked you to prove that it was an AtE, and refusing to answer a question, in which I've now answered twice, given you the post in which I answered once, and even went into specific detail, breaking down the post for you so you can understand? I think you're purposely playing as a joke and I have no desire to continue this.

Now I'm completely confident in my vote for this anti-town character.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Empking »

neil1113 wrote:
Really? Do you just not care about your point (which was there so you could fake-distance from MOI) or did you fail to see "or people's play in that game"?
Emp: You're purposely playing as a joke aren't you? My "outrageous" AtE which by the way, you conveniently ignored when I asked you to prove that it was an AtE, and refusing to answer a question, in which I've now answered twice, given you the post in which I answered once, and even went into specific detail, breaking down the post for you so you can understand? I think you're purposely playing as a joke and I have no desire to continue this.

Now I'm completely confident in my vote for this anti-town character.

AtE, AtE, AtE.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:06 am

Post by neil1113 »

Empking wrote:
neil1113 wrote:
Really? Do you just not care about your point (which was there so you could fake-distance from MOI) or did you fail to see "or people's play in that game"?
I didn't comment on your play in THAT game specifically. I commented on your play in general, while in the same context, saying I was in a game with you. That's your Meta, so people can easily assume if that's how you play normally, that's how you're playing in my game too. And that's how you're obviously playing here, with your pathetic attempt at making cases.
Empking wrote:AtE, AtE, AtE.
This is why I don't make much effort in my response to you. Because you have no case to respond to. When you can point out which is the appeal to emotion, and how it's appealing to said emotion, then we'll talk. You've yet to do it the first time I asked, or the second time I asked, so I don't really expect you to do it here either.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Empking »

I'll give you a hint: You see that box above the abbreviation AtE which has some of your words in it? Those words are the AtE.

Also, what happened to "I think you're purposely playing as a joke and I have no desire to continue this."? You weren't just saying it for sympathy, were you!?!
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:21 am

Post by neil1113 »

Empking wrote:I'll give you a hint: You see that box above the abbreviation AtE which has some of your words in it? Those words are the AtE.

Also, what happened to "I think you're purposely playing as a joke and I have no desire to continue this."? You weren't just saying it for sympathy, were you!?!
Now you're just trying (failing) to get me frustrated. That's cool. Once you're lynched and flip scum, I'll be getting the last laugh in this game though.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Empking »

neil1113 wrote:
Empking wrote:I'll give you a hint: You see that box above the abbreviation AtE which has some of your words in it? Those words are the AtE.

Now you're just trying (failing) to get me frustrated.
Can I presume by your refusal to answer the question that you were just playing for sympathy? I can I presume that you still are by your obviously insincere comments?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 am

Post by neil1113 »

Empking wrote:
neil1113 wrote:

Now you're just trying (failing) to get me frustrated.
Can I presume by your refusal to answer the question that you were just playing for sympathy? I can I presume that you still are by your obviously insincere comments?
You may presume what you'd like.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I’d really appreciate if someone other than Empking and Neil could post and give their thoughts. Anyone …. Anyone … Bueller?

--
Twisted wrote:if this game had only one scum faction I'd be tempted to say one of neil/empking/magna has to be scum after these interactions

hmmm
The two factions changes the game in only one realistic way –

All scum factions have reason to actively and accurately scum-hunt. Especially the Evil Sheep since they don’t have a Nightkill and can be picked off by the Werewolves.

--

@Empking re 74
– Nice to see you went to the trouble to snip from my post only the portion that relates to you and Neil power distancing and you attempting to link him to me. Since you normally just quote en-masse I’ll assume that my theory might have a some legs.
Empking wrote:MOI: Does neil have to post everything he thinks or is he avoiding the question? (Watch how he either refuses to answer the question or makes it ridiculously non-commital.)
If he wants to effectively scum-hunt in a Pro-Town manner he should be posting his thoughts. I’m not sure what the second part of your question refers to. It looks like you just tacked it on to create a false dilemma situation. Care to elaborate?

Also noted is the pre-emptive assertion you added in quotes. There you are effectively arguing my response is scummy before you have ever seen it. Scumtastic work. Town has no reason to pre-suppose what any response will look like. Scum, on the other hand, want to frame the discussion in a manner that best suits their agenda.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Empking »

My hypothesis was that you were scum. I had an experiment to test that. I made my prediction of what my experiment would yield public so that when my prediction came true it would carry more weight. Please explain why that is scummy?
If he wants to effectively scum-hunt in a Pro-Town manner he should be posting his thoughts. I’m not sure what the second part of your question refers to. It looks like you just tacked it on to create a false dilemma situation.[/quote

So you're refusing to answer the question. Just like I predicted you would.
Care to elaborate?
Ok, I asked "Why did you say X?" He "answer" was "X is true because Y". This means that either
1. He has to say everything which is true OR 2. He refused to answer the question.
I then asked you which one you thought it was? And you refused to answer?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 am

Post by neil1113 »

Does anyone else find it particularly hard to understand Emp sometimes?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Vote Empking

It doesn't seem like he will be a help to the towns much... and since he already has people piling votes on him, he could of done something scummy so far. I haven't read much yet since mostly it's just side conversations between 2 people, but I will be playing more competitively as we go along.

Return to “Completed Open Games”