Open 302: JUNGLE REPUB nope game over! Party time!

DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

zMuffinMan wrote:VOTE: No lynch

Scum lmAFO

I ROFL'D THIS IS POOR SCUM PLAY

GUYS REGFAN OR NEIL, IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WE LYNCHED, WE KNOW THEY ARE BOTH SCUM, SO LET'S END IT AND STOP THEM FROM LIVING, TWO TOWNS LEFT (one is me), WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

BAH!!! Go town!

Oh. Game's over. I'll try to post my thoughts soon...
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:46 am

Post by neil1113 »

DeityKabuto wrote:

Scum lmAFO

GUYS REGFAN OR NEIL, IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WE LYNCHED, WE KNOW THEY ARE BOTH SCUM, SO LET'S END IT AND STOP THEM FROM LIVING, TWO TOWNS LEFT (one is me), WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE

.. what?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Toro »

neil1113 wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:

Scum lmAFO

.. what?

Yeah...don't mind him we'll wheel him back to the crazy house for ya. :wink:
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

Post by havingfitz »

DK...have you realized the game is over yet? And cj is still dead in here?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

havingfitz wrote:DK...have you realized the game is over yet? And cj is still dead in here?

OH LOL GAME OVER. WELP I WAS RIGHT ABOUT MY READS, GG GUYS
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by neil1113 »

DeityKabuto wrote:
havingfitz wrote:DK...have you realized the game is over yet? And cj is still dead in here?

And do you realize that you lost the game for Town because of your desperate need to tunnel me?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

neil1113 wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:

And do you realize that you lost the game for Town because of your desperate need to tunnel me?

No, but I was right about you being scum all along o.O
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Even after the claim, Mafia had a chance of winning. If Regfan was lynched, havingfitz would have no choice but to kill Neil. Then if havingfitz was lynched, it would be a 3p lylo with Mafia having a 1/3 chance of winning.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Umbrage wrote:Even after the claim, Mafia had a chance of winning. If Regfan was lynched, havingfitz would have no choice but to kill Neil. Then if havingfitz was lynched, it would be a 3p lylo with Mafia having a 1/3 chance of winning.

Before zMM claimed as well, yes...neil would have had to have been the NK.

After zMM claimed it would required more thought on who to kill. I would have not said anything so tomorrow would have had three claimed VTs (me, Hez, and DK) and essentially a confirmed scum in zMM.

Unless two on the non-wolves could have been convinced to vote on one of their group, it would have most likely winding up in a town win.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

No, hf, that's why your ideal play (if Regfan was lynched) was to not NK. Then town would have been forced to lynch mafia, and you could kill a townie, making it 1-1-1. Then we'd have the option of drawing or playing for a popularity contest.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:15 am

Post by havingfitz »

So my ideal play was to go into the next day alone (1) against 2 mafia and 2 town? That doesn't sound too ideal to me. Maybe (BIG maybe) before we knew you were neil's partner but not afterwards.

cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 am

Post by cjdrum »

Well that was fun. Reading all your comments about "This person attacked cj" and "This person and cj are so totally partners", and all that.

Sucks that nobody ended up following that little *cough*extremely obviously fake*cough* throw at MoI in my last post.
I had no idea if it would work, leaning not - and whadaya know?
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

So my ideal play was to go into the next day alone (1) against 2 mafia and 2 town? That doesn't sound too ideal to me. Maybe (BIG maybe) before we knew you were neil's partner but not afterwards.

If it's 2 mafia 2 town and 1 wolf, who does town need to lynch? Mafia. The 2 townies aren't going to be concerned with finding you, they need to kill mafia (and so do you). It then goes into night 2:1:1 and you kill someone, and either go into next day 2:1 against 2 townies, or 1:1:1. 1:1:1 guarantees you can't lose, 2:1 means you have a chance of a solo win if you could make DK or Hez vote for each other, which isn't all too likely.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...I see what you are saying.

As I would not have claimed at this point I'm not sure I wouldn't have NK'd the last sheep and taken a chance that DK or Hez would throw a vote down on the other. :-) Better (FMPOV) to not have to have been in that situation.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well, I mean. That's what would have been your best option if Regfan had been lynched. Obv your best choice was to get neil lynched, which happened, but yeah...
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Congratulations to Regfan and Havingfitz! Well played. :)

Firstly:
Wickedestjr wrote:Alright. I'm not finished catching up, but I have work to do. So, here are my thoughts:

LynchMePls - Scum. Didn't like the catchup post.
Regfan - Town.
DeityKabuto - Town.
HezLucky - Neutral. (Looks a little bit better after reading his last big post in day 1.)
cjdrum - Scum.

MagnaofIllusion - Town.
neil1113 - Neutral/Scum (His reaction to my suspicion of him looks a little bit townish, but there are still a few questions I need answered.
Sloth - Scum.
zMuffinMan - Neutral/Scum

I'd like to read my scumspects in ISO later as well.

I was pretty close. :) And I even thought Regfan was the last scum after LMP flipped scum. :P I really wish I had had more time near the end of the game to create a case, though. I had a pretty good idea of who the scum were, but had no idea who was in which group (which was why I kept switching my vote from neil to havingfitz). I noticed a possible Regfan-neil connection and later a Regfan-zMM connection, but never did I suspect that Regfan and havingfitz were scumbuddies. Regfan's suspicion of Sloth and, later, the arguments between him and havingfitz, which looked pretty natural, both threw me off track.

I think that the Werewolves definitely outplayed the town this game. However, after playing this game, I still think that Jungle Republic is a very difficult setup to win in as town. Town has to be consistently on the right track and can't afford more than one mislynch without having to rely on the werewolves nightkilling one or two of the mafia members. However, the problem with this is that once we lynched one of the mafia members, werewolves had hardly any incentive to get rid of the other group (which was evident in this game). So, in hindsight, I think the optimal strategy for town in this setup is to start by going after werewolves. But determining which group scum are in without any scumflips is a challenge. I also think that finding
any
scum is slightly more challenging in this game, because the scum
are
scumhunting- they are just hunting for the opposite group. For example, despite suspecting Regfan, zMM, and havingfitz on D3, I could tell, or at least thought, they were all trying to scumhunt. It doesn't really help if there's just a single powerrole which could easily die early in the game (which happened in this case), before they told us their results, or after they revealed a scum result. I like the idea of having a deputy or backup seer, but I still think the town would need more.

Even if the game wasn't perfectly balanced, I still agree that town played pretty poorly. Firstly, while the town was incorrect to suspect Empking, I still think that Empking should take some of the blame for this loss. As a seer, the only powerrole in a Jungle Republic, getting into a serious argument in the first few pages of the game and attracting so much attention isn't the optimal strategy. Seers are only beneficial if they survive through a few nights, but if they are outed on day 1, that leaves the town in a really tough situation. Secondly, I never saw the cases against Empking, DK, MoI, or HL. I thought that pretty poor points were pushed against them. But maybe that's just me. :?

Oh well. I still enjoyed this game and that's really what matters. :) Umbrage, thanks for an excellent game!
-Wickedestjr
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well, DK is VI, so that was the case against him.

Empking was just an annoyance as far as I could tell. I honestly wouldn't have thought he was scummy even if I was town.

Hez's case was mostly pushed by me, but his D1 and D2 play was pretty scummy, I really did think he was a werewolf for all of D2.

And MoI was just Hez followed by 3 scum and 1 VI sheeping. So, yeah.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 am

Post by havingfitz »

Wickedestjr wrote:Congratulations to Regfan and Havingfitz! Well played. :)

Firstly:
Wickedestjr wrote:Alright. I'm not finished catching up, but I have work to do. So, here are my thoughts:

LynchMePls - Scum. Didn't like the catchup post.
Regfan - Town.
DeityKabuto - Town.
HezLucky - Neutral. (Looks a little bit better after reading his last big post in day 1.)
cjdrum - Scum.

MagnaofIllusion - Town.
neil1113 - Neutral/Scum (His reaction to my suspicion of him looks a little bit townish, but there are still a few questions I need answered.
Sloth - Scum.
zMuffinMan - Neutral/Scum

I'd like to read my scumspects in ISO later as well.

I was pretty close. :)

Ya think? I have seen you peg the entire scum team in a few games now. I would NK you N1 in any future game I'm scum vs you in. The only reason you weren't NK'd in here was because I wanted at least one day of evading you (which I didn't really do). :mrgreen:

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Thanks. To be completely honest, suspecting you was partially due to your predecessor's play in addition to POE (with the exception of my town read on Regfan earlier, all of my strong town reads were correct) which is pretty good evidence on its own since half the players were scum. Getting a read on you would have been more difficult if you had been playing from the start and if there were less scum. :)
-Wickedestjr
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”