AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh I see, you want to policy lynch Nobody Special, and because I don't want to, you think I am scumz.

Well, you're wrong because:

1) This is a proveable power that would be really dumb to give scum and
2) I have had much worse experiences with mothrax than Nobody Special.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

1) This is a proveable power that would be really dumb to give scum and

Quoth every scum neighborizer.

2) I have had much worse experiences with mothrax than Nobody Special.

You replaced in to In the Court of the Gods. You got something worse than that on Mothrax?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

hitogoroshi wrote:Quoth every scum
neighborizer
Vig.

Fixed. Oh wait, those don't exit. And that's what this role basically is.

NS wrote:You replaced in to In the Court of the Gods. You got something worse than that on Mothrax?

I didn't really read Court of the Gods, so that didn't factor in to my evaluation of NS. I played with him in another game or two and it was fine (Trader Mafia comes to mind). Mothrax, on the other hand, is 1) a douchebag 2) had shit reads and 3) posts really short and uninformative posts. He is a fine policy lynch, given the playerlist.

The fact that you accuse ME of being NS's scumbuddy is hilarious. If those types of connections are going to be made AT ALL, it should be you-mothrax.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh cool, I guess we don't have to worry about this at all after all. Mothrax just PM'd me out of game.

Modkill coming right up.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, geez, this again?

Anyway... hitogoroshi, AlmasterGM does have a point. This is a silly power to give to scum; it's not like scum particularly benefit from double day.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by mothrax »

THe pm I sent you had nothing to do with this game. This isn't the only game you have been an ass to me in recently. If you have a personal problem with me I want to attempt to resolve it and the game thread is not the place to do that in.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

The other game is ongoing, so you really shouldn't be talking about that either.

And for the record, I have no real personal problem with you. You do have a tendency to curse and annoy me a lot, but that's not that huge of a deal. I just think that, given the playerlist, you are the best policy lynch. And that's what my power does, so I am going to use it.
Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj
Townie
Nicki Minaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Nicki Minaj »

I was in the middle of typing up responses to Plum, quadz, and Faraday, but first things first:

@hito and Equinox: I asked sottyrulez that question because I was looking for this answer from Zach:

Exact role name is High Priest/Priestess of Zorblag.

He originally called himself Troll, not a High Priest/ess of Troll.

hitogoroshi wrote:Faraday is town for 45.

hitogoroshi is scum for calling Faraday town for a post that consists of nothing but a vote for a player who hitogoroshi is not voting for, and who hito has not even mentioned once all game, in a post in which hito does not provide his own opinion of quadz08.

Come to think of it, I think the only player hito has questioned all game is me, for pretty much the exact same reasons quadz did (my question being useless because
obviously
he was scum). Why was it more important to tell us that Faraday is town for voting quadz than that quadz is scum?

VOTE: hitogoroshi

What's awesome about this wagon is that we'll find out within ten minutes if you actually
are
scum. :twisted:

Preview-edit: got ninja'd by half a page. I can buy hito believing Nobody Special is the policy lynch of policy lynches, but still want an explanation for that Faraday post.

~Mina
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by mothrax »

Meh, I will leave it up to Vi to decide.
(ftr you are at the brunt of my cursing and I actually don't swear that much)

In other news, I am going to attempt to make a case on quadz withou being able to quote his posts:
His "is this a serious vote" is the main thing. It reads like panicky scum to me. Scum want to know why they are being voted because they are more naturally inclined to play defensively.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by quadz08 »

..... Really? That's the basis of your case? Me asking for a genuine clarification, so I knew if I should respond seriously / ask for reasoning, or just ignore it?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

@AGM Friends and Enemies

I guess you could argue NS is easy to read obv-scum in that game but I have a hard time thinking after that game he's not your choice for a policy lynch.

~~

I wish I had a fun role with something to claim to make everyone think I'm obv-town, that or the WWF Title at least.

VOTE: quadz
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Equinox wrote:Anyway... hitogoroshi, AlmasterGM does have a point. This is a silly power to give to scum; it's not like scum particularly benefit from double day.

Yes they do, if it's ONLY DOUBLE WHEN THE FIRST LYNCH IS A MISLYNCH. Double day, but the first lynch can't hit scum, is great for scum.

Double Day is normally protown, because town directs both lynches. This is "Hey, it's only double-day if the first lynch is this one I pointed out." That's a fine power for scum to have - try to herd the town onto a free mislynch, and then look "confirmed" after!

And what would optimal scum play be? To designate the best townie that you can while still passing it off as "policy". That saves the REAL policy townies and gets you a free mislynch.

That being said, I admit I was assuming NS's play across ms.net was similar to my experience with him (town in Court, scum in Bomb Mafia, [redacted ongoing where he's dead].) I'll have to read Trader Mafia. If his play there is better than my experience, point conceded. I could swear you made a hullabaloo about how you were actually reading Court, though...

Nicki Minaj wrote:
hitogoroshi is scum for calling Faraday town for a post that consists of nothing but a vote for a player who hitogoroshi is not voting for, and who hito has not even mentioned once all game, in a post in which hito does not provide his own opinion of quadz08.

Come to think of it, I think the only player hito has questioned all game is me, for pretty much the exact same reasons quadz did (my question being useless because obviously he was scum). Why was it more important to tell us that Faraday is town for voting quadz than that quadz is scum?

I don't think Quadz is scum. The answer in his 58 makes his nervousness feel null. I do think that burning political capital to see if someone scumslips is something townies do far more often than scum. Scroll to the post above Faradays (Quadz 44) and it makes more sense.

Also, "the only player hito has questioned all game" on page four? Really?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by mothrax »

Itt DDD hxc softclaims.

@quadz whole case: no.
Main point: yes.
It's early and that is IMO a reliable early tell. You were too concerned about that one vote.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:00 pm

mothrax wrote:Itt DDD hxc softclaims.

I did?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nicki Minaj wrote:He originally called himself Troll, not a High Priest/ess of Troll.

Eh. Do you think that, if sottyrulez's response had been different, there would have been significance?

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I wish I had a fun role with something to claim to make everyone think I'm obv-town, that or the WWF Title at least.

A rundown of why your vote is here or what you think of the past 4 pages would be pretty cool.

Hmm. Gonna have to digest AlmasterGM-hitogoroshi for a bit. I don't want to go through with a policy lynch here, though; this isn't MoCO. If mothrax is scum, he'll reveal himself and we'll deal with him then. Otherwise, if he's town, double day is pointless.

Preview: hxc?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Equinox wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I wish I had a fun role with something to claim to make everyone think I'm obv-town, that or the WWF Title at least.

A rundown of why your vote is here or what you think of the past 4 pages would be pretty cool.

Preview: hxc?

I'm just screwing around waiting until VPB shows up and tells me where to vote.

hxc = hardcore.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

nah man your vote's real good.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@hito - if you had to pick your top THREE players on this playerlist to policy lynch, who would they be?
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Duplicity »

hello friends

Regfan is V/LA for 4 days or so you'll all just have to deal with me until then. Right now I feel like the kid in Home Alone.

quadz, why is a miller claim +townpoints but asking about alignments suspicious?

I like hito's logic in #86 re: AGM's claim. Exactly what came to my mind. Gets him towncred from me.

Vote: AGM
for that most recent post.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Faraday »

:notaquadzvote:
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

AlmasterGM wrote:@hito - if you had to pick your top THREE players on this playerlist to policy lynch, who would they be?

NobodySpecial, Katsuki, singersinger. VV close fourth - singer just eeks ahead because of the whole "almost refused free win" in MoCo.

Just thought of something. sottyrulez, any flavor as for why a Priest(ess) of Troll is a miller?
Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj
Townie
Nicki Minaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Nicki Minaj »

Equinox wrote:Eh. Do you think that, if sottyrulez's response had been different, there would have been significance.

Um...yes? Because every player in this game should be a high priest of a Scummer, as opposed to the Scummer himself?

Seriously, are you trying to give me a taste of my own medicine or something? :( Do you think you're going to learn anything of significance from
that
question?

hitogoroshi wrote:I don't think Quadz is scum. The answer in his 58 makes his nervousness feel null. I do think that burning political capital to see if someone scumslips is something townies do far more often than scum. Scroll to the post above Faradays (Quadz 44) and it makes more sense.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding you, but what do you mean, "burning political capital"? It's not as though Faraday played a clever gambit on quadz. From Faraday, a vote without explanation in response to a post is a complete null tell.

Also, "the only player hito has questioned all game" on page four? Really?

If you are posting during that time frame, then you can be held accountable for not doing as much with those posts as you could be. But anyway, my point wasn't that you hadn't questioned enough people; it was that you hadn't done anything to suggest you suspected quadz (in fact, your actions until then implied you agreed with him).
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nicki Minaj wrote:Seriously, are you trying to give me a taste of my own medicine or something?

A little. I'm trying to get a grip on your thought process when you asked sottyrulez that question, since I felt the answer should have been pretty obvious. Fair enough, I suppose.

hitogoroshi, let me ask you something. Your vote on Nobody Special, do you still stand by it?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Oh cool, looks like I actually have to respond to this nonsense.

hito wrote:Yes they do, if it's ONLY DOUBLE WHEN THE FIRST LYNCH IS A MISLYNCH. Double day, but the first lynch can't hit scum, is great for scum.

[Double Day is normally protown, because town directs both lynches. This is "Hey, it's only double-day if the first lynch is this one I pointed out." That's a fine power for scum to have - try to herd the town onto a free mislynch, and then look "confirmed" after!

Stop thinking of it like double day and think of it like a Vig that requires town consent. How is that not protown? It's awesome because it checks back stupid ass Vigs while still giving the town extra kills. And it's definitely not a SCUM power.

And what would optimal scum play be? To designate the best townie that you can while still passing it off as "policy". That saves the REAL policy townies and gets you a free mislynch.

I'm putting this on the record that you think mothrax is a good townie. Because even if he's not the worst, I definitely would put him near the bottom of this playerlist. At which point you're just arguing technicalities and preferences.

hito wrote:That being said, I admit I was assuming NS's play across ms.net was similar to my experience with him (town in Court, scum in Bomb Mafia, [redacted ongoing where he's dead].) I'll have to read Trader Mafia. If his play there is better than my experience, point conceded. I could swear you made a hullabaloo about how you were actually reading Court, though...

You have to think of things in terms of catchability as well. In Trader and Bomb, he was easyscum. If I have a free policy lynch D1, I'd much rather use it on the person who you can never read and doesn't contribute than the person who will soon reveal himself to be obvscum.

Also, even if mothrax wasn't NUMBER ONE choice, I'd still say he's at LEAST 2 or 3. So I don't see why we are complaining about a free lynch (remember, it's FREE).

P-edit:
NobodySpecial, Katsuki, singersinger. VV close fourth - singer just eeks ahead because of the whole "almost refused free win" in MoCo.

Singer is easy to read and posts a lot, which is nice. She was also very accurate in Might of Mordor, so I have to give her some credit. Not a good pick. VV and Katsuki were two options I considered, but I like VV and he also posts a lot (and in moco he was strong town), so I crossed him out. Katsuki will either a) post a lot or b) flake and be replaced by Fate or c) Hydra with Fate, so I specifically chose mothrax over her because I figured mothrax was more likely to flake and get us ReaperCharlie off the replacement list whereas Katsuki flaking would get us Fate (and I want Fate).

Anyway, you're defending mothrax pretty heavily right now. Can you point me to some games where he did a really GOOD JOB as town such that you feel so strongly about keeping him around?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Equinox wrote:

hitogoroshi, let me ask you something. Your vote on Nobody Special, do you still stand by it?

Scratch this question. Outdated spreadsheet is pretty outdated.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”