ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I had planned to no-kill before jillyne started replacing out of all her games. It just so happens I got very lucky.
I was afraid emp wouldn't buy jill as scum if you ended up dead. I mean I could have argued wifom and all that but I really didn't think I could convince emp that jill killed the only person backing her. And I didn't want to kill emp. I figured that would have been the end of me.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:24 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lol, I just realise Kuz has a 100% record on mafiascum. Well done that man!
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Beefster »

jilynne1991 has been lynched. She is a
Vanilla Townie

Nothing can stop the mafia from hitting the majority, therefore
The Mafia Wins

Roles and PMs:
Archaist wrote:Hello,
th3kuzinator
Archaist
. You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your roleblocking partner in crime is
ThAdmiral

Each night, you meet with your partner in your quicktopic, found here, to decide who you want to kill.

The game thread is here.

You win when the mafia makes up at least half of the town or nothing can prevent the same.

ThAdmiral wrote:Hello,
ThAdmiral
. You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your partner in crime is
th3kuzinator

Each night, you meet with your partner in your quicktopic, found here, to decide who you want to kill. You may also roleblock another target.

The game thread is here.

You win when the mafia makes up at least half of the town or nothing can prevent the same.

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Hello,
<name>
. You are a
Doctor

Each night, you can choose to save someone from death. All you need to do is PM me something along the lines of "save Beefster"

The game thread is here.

You win when all anti-town forces have been eradicated.

FishytheFish wrote:Hello,
FishytheFish
. You are a
Vigilante

Each night, you may kill another player. In case you are unaware of common terminology, you are, in fact, aligned with the town. If/When you're ready to kill send me a PM about whom you plan to kill. You do not have to kill every night, or any night for that matter.

The game thread is here.

You win when all anti-town forces have been eradicated.

Everyone else was a vanilla townie

Good game. Talk amongst yourselves if you wish.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Thanks all and mod for the game.

iama:
Guess it's my turn to offer you the apology. Sorry. The "it's *good* to talk out differences of opinions" part stands, though.

Fishy:
...though, I'm only accepting partial responsibility for the loss. I was definitely wrong about Rhinox over ThAd, but the town shouldn't have had only one bite at that apple.

ThAd:
I'm trying to find something even in retrospect that might have swung me the other way, but... every thing I can find that might incriminate you was worse for Rhinox/jilynne. It's definitely to iama's credit that he deduced the situation. The biggest place you really tripped up was that no-kill at the end. That backfires badly on you if jilynne doesn't massflake, because short of a really botched response from her D4, I wouldn't have bought her deliberately no-killing. Whereas I was prepared to believe she'd desperately kill iama as attempted WIFOM, especially the way she was posting D3. But you made up for the lapse with luck.

I do remember that game, and it made your lingering skepticism on me more plausible. I actually considered it a point in your favor that you didn't bring it up directly, since I figured you would have done so if you were trying to deliberately frame me. Very subtly played, especially after the D1 hole, in [almost] all regards.

And don't beat yourself too heavily over kuz leaving. In one of my early games I "lost" a newbie comafia in a way that I was much more directly responsible for. You did the best you could there. (Especially seeing as how this isn't a newbie game.)

kuz:
ThAd is wrong. Flaking into replacement doesn't earn you a win. Archaist gets credit here.

Archaist:
Bonus points for replacing in to a bad situation and making the most of it.

jilynne:
How come you didn't request replacement out of this game as part of your mass exodus? (If you're even still around to answer.)

Mod:
A good general principle is, if you've done something which makes the game less fun for every single player, you've probably done something wrong.
(The point of the game isn't to follow a ruleset; the ruleset is just a tool to help better frame gameplay. A mod shouldn't let the means of modding become the end.)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I forgot to thank you for hosting beefster, so thank you!

I'm not going to browbeat you for draconian rule enforcing - some people are for it, some aren't. I think it would be good if you made sure everyone knows that you aren't prepared to bend the rules, however, as I'd imagine a lot of people are used to a bit of leeway. And then no one can really complain when you follow the rules to the letter of the law.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Beefster »

Nah. I'm actually pretty chill about most things, mostly replacements. A lot of mods don't give you a chance to pull back into the games. The main reason for that is why prevent a player from playing when there's nobody ready to replace.

I do get a little annoyed with inactivity, but that's because it pretty much requires me to prod or abandon. I hate being a flake, so I prod.
I try to be lazy, so I give myself easy rules to enforce. Thus, the birth of no resending PMs. It's almost as annoying as replacing, or more if you actually deleted the PM.

I suck at flavor. That is my downfall as a mod.

I secretly wanted mafia to win this one, and I did my best to stay out of things- I'm pretty sure I did that well. :P
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I thought I was screwed when jillyne replaced rhinox and started attacking me, but it all turned out good in the end.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

...I didn't want to replace out, because it was going to end anyways.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:21 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

...This is as annoying as he--, to know that I lost because I flaked. It just happened that that night, one of friends was planning to go to a prep school and tol me about it which made me realize how I was wasting my time... I really shoulda lasted another week.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I shot at ThAd on N2. I'm disappointed but unsurprised by the Rhinox lynch.

@Emp: I still have no idea how you think town could have got more bites at any apples. At the end of the day, from day 2 we had two shots at scum, and we made the wrong calls. If the game had gone on day 2 as you wanted it to, AFAIC the only difference would have been that you would have known I was shooting at ThAd, and we'd have had loads of VT claims. And there's just no way that would have helped.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Rhinox »

I've been avoiding this post game but I think I've calmed down enough to post something.

Game related, I think had I still been in the game I'd have been convinced by iam's arguments to vote for thAd, but I'm not sure it would have mattered because emp would have had to vote there as well. The reason I was so stuck on emp being scum is because his arguments against me were so bad it came across as scum trying to force a lynch by making a convincing case even if it was wrong, just ignore anything said to oppose the case.

Procedurally, obviously I'm disappointed that I was forced replaced. I think it was the wrong call and aparently others agree with me. I do apologize for the language I used in thread after the decision was announced. Its just disappointing to be told I'm not allowed to finish a game I put a couple months of effort into because of a mod decision that did not appear to be for the betterment of the game or its players neither at the time nor looking back at the outcome.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”