C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Oh I get it. I asked kuz who his mates are. As in plural. Therefore IAAUN sees that I already think their could be 3 or more on the scum team. He asks me how many players are in the game because he's certain that there are only 2 scum in a 9 person game. Therefore he characterizes my ignorance as a towntell.

Did I get it right IAAUN?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

th3kuzinator wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Vote: SaBlLiminAL

Annoyingly capped name.

2nd place for name annoyance = th3kuzinator

Discussion was moving in a different direction. Why did you feel the need to place an RVS vote?

It's a way of checking in and saying "hi".

Turns out I like where my vote is, however, courtesy of the doc/cop thing.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:00 am

Post by iamausername »

C-Worl wrote:Oh I get it. I asked kuz who his mates are. As in plural. Therefore IAAUN sees that I already think their could be 3 or more on the scum team. He asks me how many players are in the game because he's certain that there are only 2 scum in a 9 person game. Therefore he characterizes my ignorance as a towntell.

Did I get it right IAAUN?

Exactly right, yeah.

th3kuzinator wrote:WRT IIAUS: I find it weird he had to specifically note that he was not claiming Doc/Cop.

Just noticed this one too. th3kuzinator is not scum with sAbLLimINal. (Or me, but I knew that one already.)
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 11:03 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Are you scum with other people?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Rhinox »

ah crap I forgot to bookmark this game. Are we still in RVS?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Hm. Okay. 
Unvote: th3kuzinator. Vote: Rhinox

C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by C-Worl »

y no kuz vote?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

EmpTyger wrote:Hm. Okay. 
Unvote: th3kuzinator. Vote: Rhinox

Why?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 12:10 am

Post by iamausername »

ThAdmiral wrote:Are you scum with other people?

No, but I don't have overwhelming evidence to prove it in any other case.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

C-Worl Noooooooooooo I miss you're other avatar :P

kuz asking about gambits and LAL seems like it could be newbscum trying to figure out how much he can get away with. And post #29 is entirely overdefensive.

I agree that C-worl seems town but due to his exchange with kuz.

@iam: does it bother you that kuz realized what gave you the town tell on him? What I mean is, do you think he knew all along there were probably only 2 scum in a 9p game and was just feigning ignorance?

vote: kuz
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 3:09 am

Post by th3kuzinator »

@Rhinox: Overdefensive? It's called I don't let anyone try to take advantage of me. I am known throughout smashboards for doing town gambits. It's just what I like to do because it makes the game more enjoyable/exciting for me. Since this is my first game on the site, I wanted to hear the site-specific view of it. Why you both are assuming malicious intent behind the question is beyond me. Also, Iama has a town read on Cworl and his phrasing, not me.

@Iama: Are you honestly clearing CWorl from saying the word scummates instead of scummate? You do realize any half decent scum player could consciously on unconsciously throw that in? What bothers me more is that CWorl actually picked up on where you were going with it before you explained it.

@Cworl & FtF: What's your read on rhinox based on 59?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

kuz wrote:Since this is my first game on the site, I wanted to hear the site-specific view of it. Why you both are assuming malicious intent behind the question is beyond me.

Because you're asking about it in game, you're only trying to get a feel for how the 8 of the rest of us feel about gambits. If you wanted the site meta, you could have asked in the Mafia Discussion subforum or hell just done a search, I'm sure there's probably already a topic out there with this discussion.

Also, Iama has a town read on Cworl and his phrasing, not me.

@Iama: Are you honestly clearing CWorl from saying the word scummates instead of scummate? You do realize any half decent scum player could consciously on unconsciously throw that in? What bothers me more is that CWorl actually picked up on where you were going with it before you explained it.
yeah my bad but clearly iam would have recognized I mean cworl there. But hey, thanks for parroting what I said as if its your own unique idea :bigsarcasticthumbsup:
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 3:30 am

Post by iamausername »

Rhinox wrote:@iam: does it bother you that kuz realized what gave you the town tell on him?

Rhinox wants me to declare that he is not scum with th3kuzinator or C-Worl, but that's not happening. :D

To answer your question, no. If anything it makes me feel even better about him, because the fact that he has taken the effort to think about why I declared him town suggests he was genuinely suspicious of my motives for doing so.

Unvote

VOTE: th3kuzinator

He seems upset that I have identified a townie so soon.
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 3:38 am

Post by th3kuzinator »

Why do people keep assuming I am upset? lol. Apparently any type of aggressive posting is taken as a sign of being butthurt. It's my playstyle, get over it.

@Rhinox: Or I could have just asked about it in thread, which was much easier.

@IAAUN: Someone had put effort into thinking about something? Must be a town-tell.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Beefster »

A guy at the meeting wakes up from his nap. "Huh?!? What'd I miss?" It looks like he's a bit hung over.

Votecount 1.2

kuz (3) - C-Worl, Rhinox, iamausername

sAb (2) - Fishy, ThAdmiral
Rhinox (1) - EmpTyger
iamausername (1) - Mitsuru Kijiro
C-Worl (1) - kuz

Not Voting
- sAb

With 9 players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Mitsuru has been prodded
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

C-Worl:
My post-random reason for voting kuz was based on a theory that he and you were guilty together. If you're innocent, that counters that theory.
(However, since then... iama has made a good point about [60].)

Fishy:
See above. Though if you're asking why Rhinox, because his one post went to twice as much effort to give excuses instead of contributions. Since then, I'm enough unimpressed with his posts to maintain my vote. To me, the jump onto kuz feels like simple opportunism. Plus the same issue that iama raises with kuz: the attempt at undermining a legit townread.

iama:
Actually, I'm leaning against Rhinox and kuz being mafia together. I don't see Rhinox's vote onto kuz as being a bus. If Rhinox were going to bus this early, then why first the stall with [54]?

kuz:
th3kuzinator wrote:Why you both are assuming malicious intent behind the question is beyond me.

Well, why *shouldn't* they assume malicious intent? This is a game of mafia, after all.
And why should "it's my playstyle" give you carte blanche to do whatever-you-want?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

iamausername wrote:He seems upset that I have identified a townie so soon.

This is the best point in the game so far.

vote: kuz

that's -1

@ kuz: why would you assume that we would know your playstyle, and then get all whiny when it turns out we don't?
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Confirming I'm here. Minor Internet problems. Sorry and all that jazz. I'll read over what's been posted since I confirmed cos I'm way too tired to make anything productive tonight.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

EBWODP.

I won't be hammering right now since I feel that this wagon has been leaped on much too quickly. People seem to be jumping on one post because of over defensiveness, and since I was lynched early game the first time I played a game on here because I was over defensive, I'm immediately wary of the whole reasoning behind this wagon. It seems to be mostly comprised of people leaping onto the wagon.

Moreover, nobody seems to have anything to say about Emp's opinion on the confrontation between C and Kuz being contrived, and rather than that, have said "I agree." This is immediately followed by a vote. It's echoing described within content, and I'm wary of over defensiveness being the prime reason to lynch someone. It seems much too weak of a case.

Also, ThAdmiral's posts immediately have me feeling suspicious too. One post, he's asking someone whether they're scum with other people. His next post is a largely content free agreement with the person he was questioning just last post, followed by an L-1 vote. I'm really quite unnerved at how there's an L-1 wagon based on over defensiveness at page 3. The speed at which this wagon reached this level is alarming.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Edit by way of triple post, cos I shouldn't post at almost 5AM.

Echoing disguised within content.*
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

The overdefensiveness is not the main point, it's the fact that he seems really upset that someone has a town-read on someone else.

Question: what does scum have to gain by claiming to have a town-read on someone? Oppose that to: what does a scum have to gain in a situation where no one has town-reads on anyone else?
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

@Emp: What? I was asking the question to get a general feel for the site. My playstyle had nothing to do with the question.

@Admiral and IAAUS: Show me where I was upset. You're blowing my posts way out of proportion.

The wagon on me is so freaking scummy and agreed with Mitsuru that Admiral's vote was flat out disgusting.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by C-Worl »

th3kuzinator wrote:
@Cworl & FtF: What's your read on rhinox based on 59?

He's either scum or over eager townie. Not sure which right now. The first warrants a lynch (obviously) the second is something I've been guilty of so I can let it slide.
Show

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

th3kuzinator wrote:@Admiral and IAAUS: Show me where I was upset. You're blowing my posts way out of proportion.

The wagon on me is so freaking scummy and agreed with Mitsuru that Admiral's vote was flat out disgusting.

Dude if you can't take an honest look at your posts and say that you didn't sound aggressive and upset then there's no point talking about it.

You say that's your normal style - can you link me to some of your games?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

th3kuzinator wrote:@Cworl & FtF: What's your read on rhinox based on 59?

Nothing much. Question to iam feels slightly like he's testing the water on you - I don't see why he'd ask iam rather than just make the point himself.

EmpTyger wrote:kuz:
th3kuzinator wrote:Why you both are assuming malicious intent behind the question is beyond me.

Well, why *shouldn't* they assume malicious intent? This is a game of mafia, after all.
And why should "it's my playstyle" give you carte blanche to do whatever-you-want?

I don't like this much, particularly in the context of kuz being under attack. The first sentence is just nonsense - of course everyone should assume the
possibility
of malicious intent, but assuming malicious intent to make your case is arguing from your conclusions. For the second, I don't see where kuz has remotely used his playstyle to explain or excuse anything. Both of these sound good, but really don't contain any reasons for thinking kuz is scum, which for me makes them very scummy arguments. In fact,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Emp

kuz's trying to undermine a townread is definitely scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”