Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 am

Post by chkflip »

Mist7676 wrote:I am a girl

Awesome. Now stop fluff posting and scum-hunt plz?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Fenchurch wrote:
Mod: prod Crazy please?

Doesn't look like he needs a prod now. Thank you for letting me know.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Mist7676 wrote:==========[_] that one is better.

Sorry i was running out the door fencurch.

Do you think what Emp said was suspicious

Not anymore now that I understand what he was saying.
Do you think the people voting you have good reason to do so

Honestly No. It was a mistake in interpretation.
Do you think they are scum?

I think (2 of them) are scum taking the easy lynch. That was a small case and they are making a mountain out of a molehill.
I think the scum is EmpKing because he is voted because i didn't vote chk and is asking for a hammer on a small case. I just dont know other scum. With that im going to
Vote:Empking

Was this nothing to you?
You Are Worth It
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:45 am

Post by chkflip »

It's a start. You said there are two on your wagon, so who's the other one?

I understand you said you don't know, but can you make a guess out of the two of us and give reasons why that guess would make sense, please?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Mist7676 »

That is why i said i dont know i dont really see anything you have done so far i'm going to ISO you guys later so i can build up a case
You Are Worth It
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

Post by chkflip »

Fenchurch & Crazy, what do you think of the Mist wagon?

C-Worl & Empking, I like to play Devil's Advocate. Assuming we're wrong and Mist flips town, where do we go from there?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Empking »

Crazy - Only No-Mist player I have a scumread on.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by C-Worl »

If Mist is scum Fenchurch is more likely to be her partner. If Mist is innocent I'm willing to follow the logic that Crazy is. Nothing in his ISO jumps out as scummy but nothing jumps out as Town either. I'm just getting a whole lot of nothing from him.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I'm not a scum-partner. If Mist is mafia, then from my perspective, Crazy must be the buddy. I was really hoping to hear from him on the case before I made my thoughts known, to better gauge his reactions - but right now it seems like this is holding the game back.

My read on Mist is mostly scummy-to-null. Sure, she's made misunderstandings on most of the game so far, and weak votes on people. But she seems to do that stuff whether she's mafia or town. For reference, here's a game where she was town: Newbie 1058
and mafia: Newbie 1067

With a Lovers set-up, it seems like the best way to hunt is to look for ties between the mafia. That's why I was hoping to hear from Crazy first.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:41 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Blargh.

In my last game I decided a lurker (Fritzler) was town, and passed up two opportunities to hammer. I was stupid and wrong.

I think there's a decent chance Mist and Crazy are scum together - from their interactions before he went missing, Crazy seemed weakly opposed to the Mist wagon, eg. suggesting that she might have just made a mistake, and questioning whether people's votes were serious. Is this what a scum-lover reaction would look like? He couldn't openly defend her since that would make it obvious. And because of Mist's enthusiasm at the prospect of a marathon-style early bandwagon.

I think Mist is always somewhat unreadable, and there's one way to find out for sure. :?

VOTE: Mist7676
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 1.4:

Mist (4, LYNCH): C-Worl, chkflip, Empking, Fenchurch
Empking (1, L-3): Mist

Not Voting (1): Crazy

With 6 Alive, it takes 4 to lynch, and 4 to No Lynch.

Time Now in Game: 10:15 PM

Deadline for Hour 1 to end and Hour 2 to Begin: Friday, May 27th, 2:00 PM MTN.

That's lynch. Lynch scene forthcoming.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

After much discussion amongst yourselves and some hysterical screaming (a lot of you have never seen a dead body before this point), you attempt to figure out, even as addled as some of you are, who is responsible and likely to be a Moral Majority member. After all of 15 minutes of debate, you decide that Mist7676 MUST be a member of the MM, and proceed to hang her with speaker wire (it takes more than one set of knots) cowboy style. Searching her possessions takes you a little while...

...and while you find out her ID is apparently false, she's got enough party drugs to make anyone happy, and one of you is the happy owner of 20 bucks, she is obviously NOT a MM member.

Mist7676 was a
Vanilla Townie

You spend the rest of the hour drinking morosely and trying to figure what to do next. When it's 11 PM, then, you know what to do. Get these MM scum before they get you.

VoteCount 2.0:

Not Voting (5): C-Worl, chkflip, Empking, Fenchurch, Crazy.

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch, and 3 to non-lynch.

Time in Game: 11:00 PM

Deadline for Hour 2: Wednesday, June 1st, Noon MST
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 am

Post by chkflip »

Ouch.

Well... nobody should lay a vote unless they're 100% certain that vote is on scum. Possibility of a planned quickhammer is too great here.

MODSKEE: V/LA from Friday, Mar. 13 through Sunday, Mar. 15
Getting shitfaced with my bro in the woods for his birthday.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Empking »

FOS: Crazy
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Why Crazy, Emp? It would have made sense if Mist was scum, but I can't see any reason if she's not.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Empking »

He's still the player I don't have a town read on and that has avoided voting.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 am

Post by C-Worl »

I agree with Emp.

FOS: Crazy

He's not really seemed to be interested in the game. He's asked question but failed to follow up on them. Also...

FOS: Fenchurch

Something doesn't feel right here.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

With Mist's last breath she says, " I'm sorry of how I played good luck town! "
You Are Worth It
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Crazy »

Okay, I'm back. As for Fenchurch's question, my read on Mist was pretty null, maybe slightly leaning town. I really didn't have a scum-read on anybody; the reason I didn't vote immediately was because I was hoping to feel out who the scum were before I accused anybody. Then I was sick for a couple days, as I pointed out earlier, but I'm better now, so no worries. :D

While I was reading, there are a couple scum-teams that are very unlikely

Fenchurch strongly argued for C-Worl scum due to him "confirming in the scum quicktopic." I can't really imagine her doing that to her scumbuddy, in a setup that doesn't allow bussing.

Empking also tried to abandon the Mist wagon in favor of a chk wagon. So Empking/chk is pretty unlikely. Empking/C-Worl is also quite unlikely due to Empking putting the second vote on C-Worl following Fenchurch's logic (at least that's what I'm assuming.)

So that leaves the most likely 3 as:

Fenchurch/Empking
Fenchurch/chk
chk/C-Worl

So my vote today will probably end up going towards either Fenchurch or chk, unless if I change my mind about any of the other 3 possible scum-teams.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Crazy »

chkflip, post 77 wrote:Two Town claims in four pages; we're an awesome bunch, aren't we? Both use AtE, which I dislike, but I can't pinpoint whether I think they're genuine or not -- I'm more inclined to believe C-Worl over Mist.

Why did you see C-Worl's AtE as genuine but not Mist's?

chkflip, post 77 wrote:Mist's vote seems the most misaligned. First off, she placed C-Worl at L-1 on P2 - do not like. Second, she could've chosen to vote/pressure Crazy (her guess in pairing with C-Worl) but went with the wagon instead.

Why didn't you mention this before you did? In particular, why didn't you mention this in Post #26, which you posted right after Mist's L-1 vote on the C-Worl wagon?

Seems to me like you either came up with reasoning to fit the Mist wagon
after
the fact, and/or in Post #26, you were nervous about voting Mist right after C-Worl (your most likely partner) just did.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Crazy »

C-Worl wrote:
Crazy wrote:
C-Worl, why do you think it was a misrep instead of just a mistake on Mist's part?

Not the first time he did it. He did it with Empking's post too. He seems quick to try and misrep people's posts. I am definitely very happy about my vote now.

Mist wrote:I dont do that purposly i go off what i think they are saying

C-Worl wrote:Exactly, you skim the thread and when you glance over something that you think may incriminate someone you go off on it without properly reading it. That's scum motivation.

This exchange is pretty much backtracking on C-Worl's part. He went from saying "Mist is intentionally trying to misrepresent people's posts" into "Mist is
accidentally
misrepresenting people because he's reading the posts too quickly.

I suppose either one of those could be used as a genuine argument against Mist, but seeing how C-Worl is somehow using BOTH contradictory arguments against Mist implies a lack of sincerity on C-Worl's part.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Crazy »

So yeah, a chk/C-worl team is what I'm thinking at the moment. And of those two, I'd rather a chk lynch, since it's hard to pair C-Worl up with either Fenchurch or Empking, but chk could still be paired with Fenchurch.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by C-Worl »

So yeah, liking my fos on Crazy.
Show

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Based on what, C-Worl? Emp said process of elimination, which I could understand earlier, as Crazy hadn't contributed much then. But I think his posts just now have been fairly solid.

What I've seen so far, is you (and Emp) calling for lynches on a lot of traditional "easy targets" - the VI; the lurker; the hammer. I'm not sure I like that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Empking »

I'm sorry how do you win Lovers? By lurking. We should lynch the lurkers.

Return to “Completed Open Games”