Open 307-Friends and Enemies Deadly Alliance-Town Wins!!

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

DK is reading rather townily.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Snarky wrote:Nope, I'm saying your cases are biaised.

This may be true, but it is more of a standard logical way of thinking rather than biased.

It is a start, though. I don't see you trying to scumhunt, any. KTHX.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Ok done with work. Couple of things I can comment on/respond to:

Snarky wrote:First of all, I'd like some explanation from Low Key on his scum QT theory for proving PB is town.

Well, let me ask you this: How many scum teams do we have this game, 1 or 2?

Pops wrote:PB has started dropping some towntells. unvote

Could you please be more specific?

---

With this setup, I think lurkers could hurt us more than usual. We have the ability to nuke two of them today which really might be a great help to the game state.

I am particularly insulted by Quaroath who has posted on site but not even a peep in this game; I posit that he might be scum that is scared of being lynched D1 -- maybe we should make his fears a reality.

I need to hear more from the following people to obtain proper reads:

Snake, Muffin, Quaroath, RotN, DJ
(honorable mention)

Since snarky has addressed my concerns:

Unvote

And since lurkers piss me off and its not Monday yet:

Vote Quaroath
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Spadille »

Something is wrong with popsoftown's eyes. DK is obvious caught scum.
DK wrote:Not-voting is really Anti-town

Not voting is less scummy than voting for yourself. What do you think a vote does?

DK wrote:Furthermore, Spadile. Please, give me three good reasons you find me scummy, as how your vote was placed "upon" me earlier, or was it just apart of the RVS? (*I highly doubt) And do not say I self-voted, that is a silly excuse.

Well, you managed to void the very reason of RVS.
Furthermore, you concreted the fact that you are not helping town.
DK wrote:There is no explanation for a self vote in the RVS, I was aware at the time that I would be questioned for it, but it was more of a trollish thing to do.

I don't know if you have some kind of attention problem, but this will not do the town good if you know that you are town yourself. Seems like for me, you are a newb-scum who thinks your actions can be explained by stating you are trolling.
Also, you have OMGUS'd alot.

DK wrote:1. Spadile, you are over-thinking the situation. You guys clearly do not understand my method of scum-hunting.

Which is? Cause confusion to town and self-vote yourself? Yeah right.

DK wrote:2. Archaist, as I said, you were one of the last on my bandwagon, unlike the rest who are debating on it, you've only made one post and provided not much "Strong evidence.

Shut up. You are scum OMGUSing.

So to amplify your post, you have made
THREE AMAZING OMGUSes
. Oh shit!
VOTE: DeityKabuto

Lynch this guy please.
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Archaist »

[Low Key] wrote:I don't see how he could make that post if he had a scum QT. The only people that had not confirmed by the time the QT's would of been closed by the Mod are: DK and Quaroath.

I have no reason to think that DK and/or Quaroath are scum but the only way that Parab wouldn't of received help in the scum QT to avoid that post is if those were his two scum partners.
I don't think speculation on the quick topic is a valid line of thought. Even if all the people you mention were scum, they wouldn't have necessarily discussed anything that would help Parab avoid the post you mentioned. Also, not confirming or coming in late is not an indicator of whether or not an individual was privy to a quick topic. I think I can see where you're coming from, but the reasoning is sketchy at best.

I will agree with you however that the whole Parabollocks vs Spadille argument is looking more like town vs town lately.

DeityKabuto wrote:Not-voting is really Anti-town, dontchuthink?
Not necessarily. Once the RVS is past, votes should be backed by some measure of reason. If a player doesn't have good reasons to suspect someone, then forcing a vote based on little or no reason is more scummy than not voting at all.

DeityKabuto wrote:2. Archaist, as I said, you were one of the last on my bandwagon, unlike the rest who are debating on it, you've only made one post and provided not much "Strong evidence.
You're making the mistake of looking at
when
I voted you rather than
why
. The reason I was the last one to vote you was because I thought it prudent to wait for you to post and explain yourself. You failed to do so, therefore I voted you afterwords, and with my reasons clearly explained.

DeityKabuto wrote:But then again, I may have just caught all 3-4 scum,
Do you mean all the players who voted for you? "Everyone on my wagon is scum!" is nothing but OMGUS, as others have pointed out.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

eh, I was going to make a wall catch-up post but I couldn't be bothered.

I'll split up my reads so far into 4 tiers:

First tier is most likely town tier: para, arch, pops

Second tier is my null tier: spad, quar, snake, ranger

Third tier is my most likely scum tier: DJ, LK, snarky

Fourth tier is DK tier: DK

DK tier is not lynch-worthy. At least not this early. And his posts are always funny to read so I don't mind keeping him around even if he's scum. It's also a good way to judge whether I'm reading the game right, because as a standard rule, I'll just take any suspicions he has and go the opposite way to find scum.

Anyone in the third tier is good lynch. Oh, and Spad's pretty close to third tier.

Unvote

VOTE: DonJosh
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

[Low Key] wrote:

Pops wrote:PB has started dropping some towntells. unvote

Could you please be more specific?

He's not acting very survivalist at all.

I get a strong town gut read from his description of mindsets. He's getting into the heads of his attackers to divine their true intentions rather than focussing on rendering the wagon baseless by disproving its basis. That's not what OMGUS means. And OMGUS doesn't mean you don't have any bias anymore than being brave means you've never known fear. A good townie tries to minimize their biases and look at the motivations of the players attacking him.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I was going to complain about post 105's lack of analysis (it ninja'ed my post, for I am a fat, slow ninja) but it votes for donjosh and puts me in towntier and i'm easily bribed...
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

V/LA edit
: looks like i can be back by the 25th or even the 24th.
"Well, I..."
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I didn't feel like making a catch-up wall with analysis of everything in the game.

If anyone wants an explanation of any of my reads, they're free to ask me for it.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Spadille »

Yes please, explanation of everything and especially your vote.
Why would you want to keep someone that will hurt the town?
--
@pops
How about DK?
"
Spadille

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by hiphop »

The Third Times a Charm Votecount

Votecount 1.3

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

DeityKabuto(3): Snarky, Archaist, Spadille
RangeroftheNorth(1): SnakePlissken
Parabollocks(1): DonJosh
DonJosh(2): popsofctown, zMuffinMan
Archaist(1): DeityKabuto
Quaroath(1): [Low Key]

Not Voting(3): Quaroath, RangeroftheNorth, Parabollocks

Notes:

popsofctown V/LA 20th-26th

zMuffinMan wrote:
@MOD
If I'm reading the setup right, it's possible mafia have the 1-shot day-vig. Confirm?
That is correct. Also the one-shot vig will be revealed upon flip.
Last edited by hiphop on Thu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@Spad,

DK isn't "hurting" town.

I think DJ is scum based on his contributions so far (particularly the whole appeasing LK by voting even though it goes against his principles).

LK I'm categorising as scum for meta reasons. I don't like any of his cases so far, and I'm seeing a lot of insincerity.

Snarky is trying way too hard with DK. The push looks like it's coming from scum. Might as well give my view on self-votes in RVS here... RVS is not a method of creating pressure. There is absolutely no pressure exerted by a random vote. It is, however, a means of creating discussion based on what happens during RVS (bandwagons, reasons for voting or not voting, etc). It just so happens that a self-vote creates a lot more discussion than any other vote, especially votes from people who kid themselves into thinking they're creating pressure during RVS, so I have absolutely no problem with self-voting in RVS. I do, however, see a problem with people thinking it's a scum-motivated act just because it's a self-vote.

And you're dangerously close to getting into my third tier of reads, Spad, because your case on para was craptastic (and full of holes + misreps) and it looks to me like you're latching onto the DK wagon because he's an easy target. He's not the best player, that doesn't make him scum. In general, I think you're unnecessarily overly aggressive, but I'm not getting enough of a scum feeling from your posts to classify you as scum yet.

para's posts make perfect sense to me. town vibes. ditto for pops, although I was leaning slightly scummy on him up until ISO#4. I don't like arch's case on DK but it looks more genuine to me than any of the other players on the DK wagon - willing to categorise him as town for now.

And, er, pretty much everyone in my null category apart from you hasn't really given me much to go on.

That's about as much detail as I'm going to go into right now unless someone wants me to go into more detail on a specific read I have. This is a fairly good summary of my reads, though.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

I can't believe that I woke up after only 3 hours but:

@Mod: The votecount has me voting twice.

For the record, I am
NOT
a double-voter!

Your eyes are deceiving you, look again.
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Late Night Update

Snake
has also posted on site on more than one occasion has not posted here at all (since his last post).
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Yeah low key RVS votes in other games. I get very limited time on here as work restricts our access.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

I would put you in the same class as DJ about now.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Is that meant to bother me or even ave me care about that?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

If you're on LK's naughty list, you get coal at the end of each day. It's not a bad thing, really.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

-Spadile

Spadile wrote:
Shut up. You are scum OMGUSing.

So to amplify your post, you have made THREE AMAZING OMGUSes. Oh shit!
VOTE: DeityKabuto

Lynch this guy please.

You just told me to Shut Up and then you OMGUS me *as well. Hmm... am I getting to your emotions? :/

They are not really OMGUS, they are ways to make observations of the people hopping on my wagon, with that said.

Also...

Regarding to your OMGUS, my tactic was not really OMGUS, it is a way for "weeding" out people's inner-scum. Right now, you are voting me for attacking you, in other words "OMGUS".

However, when you guys wagon'd me, I wasn't upset or anything, you guys didn't provide any good reasons for actually voting me, so instead I took the opportunity to post a wall, and why I think their are scum on my wagon. That was pretty much my intentions.

Right now I can easily see you as a Scum, but I can also see you as a Townie. I will be watching you. Your actions. Your words. Everything.

Don't slip up.
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:05 am

Post by Parabollocks »

DK's response is pretty town to me too, he's (obviously) honest about what he was doing and that it was a just a joke, and also, he's not as defensive as i thought he would be, he doesn't blatantly OMGUS Spadille, instead, directs it to someone else of his supiscions, i believe.

Snarky, i really need to see more from you then just "oh jee i'm going to fence-sit in every argument and refuse to provide legitimate content."

VOTE: Snarky

and agree with low key's lurking policy, i hate lurkers too. :/

i also agree with
[quote=zMuffinMan]DK tier is not lynch-worthy. At least not this early. And his posts are always funny to read so I don't mind keeping him around even if he's scum. It's also a good way to judge whether I'm reading the game right, because as a standard rule, I'll just take any suspicions he has and go the opposite way to find scum.[/quote]
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:29 am

Post by Spadille »

DK wrote:You just told me to Shut Up and then you OMGUS me *as well. Hmm... am I getting to your emotions? :/

Is this one of those useless questions that isn't even waiting to be answered?

DK wrote:They are not really OMGUS, they are ways to make observations of the people hopping on my wagon, with that said.

Really? Because you brand everyone on your wagon as scum.

DK wrote:Regarding to your OMGUS, my tactic was not really OMGUS, it is a way for "weeding" out people's inner-scum. Right now, you are voting me for attacking you, in other words "OMGUS".

An IC once told me that if town believes something to be true, he sticks to it. Meaning that if one thinks that lurkers are scummy, he thinks they need to lynch them; if he did lurk, town can lynch him.
With that being said:

On post #52, you have obviously OMGUS'd me for the sole reason of attacking you. To hide your intention of OMGUSing, you FoS'd me instead... except for the fact that you still have a vote on yourself. Don't pull out that bullshit that you are weeding out people's inner-scum. I doubt you have that intention.

And FYI, I voted you because for the past 4 pages and the promise of scumhunting, you only did little and attack those inside your wagon. Take note: Not one nor two, -but all of them-. Looks pretty much like OMGUS to me.

DK wrote:However, when you guys wagon'd me, I wasn't upset or anything, you guys didn't provide any good reasons for actually voting me, so instead I took the opportunity to post a wall, and why I think their are scum on my wagon. That was pretty much my intentions.

You see, in a bandwagon, it's not the original vote reason that is interesting.. but the progress of the bandwagon. Right now, you are relentless STILL attacking each and everyone of your attackers.

DK wrote:Right now I can easily see you as a Scum, but I can also see you as a Townie. I will be watching you. Your actions. Your words. Everything.

DK-scum, you don't observe people because that's the job of the town. -WE- are watching you.
===========
MuffMan wrote:DK isn't "hurting" town.

Damn right he is, he is causing a commotion. And what is this "keep him whether he's town or scum"?
MuffMan, town's number 1 agenda is to lynch town, and you want to keep them?
I FoS you, dear sir.

===========
We don't lynch lurkers, not this one though. Trust me. Though it's seriously better that Snake will post
"
Spadille

Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Parabollocks »

Spadille, you are the one causing the commotion, either convince me that DK is scum, or shut up.
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:37 am

Post by [Low Key] »

So far I have a town read on Snake but he does need to post to maintain that. The latest posts could of included some simple game content, just sayin'.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Spadille »

He might not have blatantly OMGUS'd me but he still has OMGUS'd Archaist to avoid being obvious.
Archaist's vote reason is seriously not crap. But DK-scum's vote reason against him is, he voted Archaist because he was the last guy in his wagon.. and I believe that Archaist's vote reason is backed up by strong evidence which DK has neatly provided.
"
Spadille

Return to “Completed Open Games”